Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Who Is Allah? - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Who Is Allah? (7248 Views)

Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse / Islamic Banking Is Allah’s Command / Who Is Allah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Allah? by LagosShia: 5:54pm On Aug 15, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I think my first answer was good enough.

You do not become God's son 'figuratively'. You only become God's son by being born-again which is a function of His grace

Mr.Anony,i am not interested on how you become God's "son".please answer my question and stop embarassing yourself if you want people to take you seriously.

Do you agree that in order to become a "son" figuratively,you must be obedient to God which means according to the bible being a slave?
Re: Who Is Allah? by MrAnony1(m): 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2012
LagosShia:

Mr.Anony,i am not interested on how you become God's "son".please answer my question and stop embarassing yourself if you want people to take you seriously.

Do you agree that in order to become a "son" figuratively,you must be obedient to God which means according to the bible being a slave?
If you cannot understand my answer then I am afraid I cannot help you.
If your question is not about how to become a child of God, then I don't know what your question is about or if it is a question at all.

You seem so desperate to equate son to slave. I am sorry but they are not the same thing.

Besides, neither I nor the bible talks about figurative sons of God so I don't know where you get that from. The bible is very clear about being born of the Spirit and that is a literal thing.

Trying to take obedience in isolation to mean slavery while completely ignoring the fact that sons obey is just as bad as if I said you were a donkey because you carry load while completely ignoring the fact that humans can also carry load.
Re: Who Is Allah? by MrAnony1(m): 7:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
Sweetnecta: Mr Anony is calling me his friend. Is your right. And I also have my right so not quite your friend because we have nothing in common. Nothing.

@Mr Anony: Bible is not my thing, but it is your thing so I am using it as evidential source in our dialogue. Let me say this; When you dispute the verse[s] in your Bible, to me you have fallen out of christianity, you just dont that is the case.

were the not is the question for you?

Will verse 21 you added going to render the above invalid?

Jesus was also a slave/servant of God, said his 11 disciples after he was lifted up to heaven and after the demise of Judas Iscariot.

Did Jesus say he was God while God was not shy to say that He is God and demanded he be worshiped, even as Jesus also fell into the category of those who worshiped this very bold God? Please show us where Jesus said he was God and thereby deserved to be worshiped, while he worshiped God, all night long? Do you think Yahweh worshiped Jesus as Jesus worshiped Yahweh? Who is the real God here if you are sincere?

Make up! This is similar to Big Apple circus promo! When did Jesus give this about himself, while he was on earth for 3 years, preaching? If Jesus did not say this to anyone while people could hear his voice among men, how can we believe what was said about him from a person who he did not meet? Interestingly to note that Jesus was reported to have shouted "My God, my God . . . " and was reported to have been lifted to heaven by God. Not by himself. But by God Almighty Whom he worshiped and Whom he said is the Real Power making things happened because Jesus was powerless.

Hmm, long reply from you. I'll give you an answer in a bit. Question is if I showed you the words of Christ, will you accept them to be true?
Re: Who Is Allah? by LagosShia: 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2012
Mr_Anony:
If you cannot understand my answer then I am afraid I cannot help you.
If your question is not about how to become a child of God, then I don't know what your question is about or if it is a question at all.

You seem so desperate to equate son to slave. I am sorry but they are not the same thing.

Besides, neither I nor the bible talks about figurative sons of God so I don't know where you get that from. The bible is very clear about being born of the Spirit and that is a literal thing.

Trying to take obedience in isolation to mean slavery while completely ignoring the fact that sons obey is just as bad as if I said you were a donkey because you carry load while completely ignoring the fact that humans can also carry load.

your case is sorry.

after you admitted in a shy and sugarcoated way that one can become a "son" by obeying God which in turns makes him a slave according to the bible,you're still talking nonsense.

anyways this will serve you a lesson for next time to stop your boast of being a "son of God" while blackmailing others for being "slaves".next time you'd know that it not God's name that is written in your birth certificate as your father.

let me try one more time and rephrase my question and i hope you'd stop trying to go round in circle:

ARE YOU A SLAVE OR NOT BASED ON YOUR BIBLE?
Re: Who Is Allah? by MrAnony1(m): 7:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
LagosShia:

your case is sorry.

after you admitted in a shy and sugarcoated way that one can become a "son" by obeying God which in turns makes him a slave according to the bible,you're still talking nonsense.

anyways this will serve you a lesson for next time to stop your boast of being a "son of God" while blackmailing others for being "slaves".next time you'd know that it not God's name that is written in your birth certificate as your father.

let me try one more time and rephrase my question and i hope you'd stop trying to go round in circle:

ARE YOU A SLAVE OR NOT BASED ON YOUR BIBLE?
No I am not a slave I am a son of God.
Re: Who Is Allah? by LagosShia: 7:41pm On Aug 15, 2012
Mr_Anony:
No I am not a slave I am a son of God.

do you need to obey God to become His "son"? in other words when you obey,you become a slave first.
Re: Who Is Allah? by MrAnony1(m): 8:28pm On Aug 15, 2012
LagosShia:

do you need to obey God to become His "son"? in other words when you obey,you become a slave first.
To become God's son, you get born-again. Then you live according to His laws. Christianity is a relationship with God. When we refer to ourselves as servants/slaves of God it is a statement of humility to describe our obedience however that is not our identity; you may say that "slaves of God" is a figurative term if you like. The point is that the bible is very clear about being born into Gods family and becoming His children.
Re: Who Is Allah? by LagosShia: 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
Mr_Anony:
To become God's son, you get born-again. Then you live according to His laws. Christianity is a relationship with God. When we refer to ourselves as servants/slaves of God it is a statement of humility to describe our obedience however that is not our identity; you may say that "slaves of God" is a figurative term if you like. The point is that the bible is very clear about being born into Gods family and becoming His children.

ok Mr.Anony.

now i can understand the saying that truth is bitter.

good night.
Re: Who Is Allah? by MrAnony1(m): 8:46am On Aug 16, 2012
LagosShia:

ok Mr.Anony.

now i can understand the saying that truth is bitter.

good night.
My friend, twisted logic is bad practice. It is how not to argue.
Re: Who Is Allah? by Sweetnecta: 11:22am On Aug 16, 2012
While other religious books seem incomplete or partially out of date to those who claim that these are the most secret texts, The Quran is the opposite. The muslims upon having some knowledge of Islam accept every verse of it without change, however with varied possible interpretations because the absolute knowledge of the Quran belongs to God.

Let me make my specific point here: Few years ago, i was talking to muslims of varied backgrounds and cultural differences. On the matter of who can be married, which we all agreed that first cousin is part of those while sibling is not was our discussion.

I remembered an american saying that he has stopped fraternizing with beautiful cousin the moment he realized she is a potential wife.

Another american said there must be an amount good in it since God permits its possibility, although he will not marry his cousin because of many factors, apart from the fact there might not be any or she is very old, health issues of the offspring, etc.

I remembered how close i am with my female cousins, from both my parents' bloodlines. I could not marry anyone of them because of my own personality. I do not any of my family members to fall into the category of in laws. This is just one of the many reasons for me.

There was a guy from Benin who became muslim in the most odd place called the west whereas there is good chunk of edo population that is Islamic. I couldnt bring myself to ask him why discovery of Islam in America? The following year I met Muhammad, a core Igbo man and many others who are Calabar citizens.

Again, the edo man was just like me: We dont do family because there is plenty of non family to pick who to do from.

The point here is that Islamic textbook, the Quran, each of its verse is accepted except the hypocrite who will reject even a single verse.

Allah says Muhammad [sa] is a messenger. We accept it.

In the christian Bible, Jesus said he was a prophet, a son of man [and it obvious here that Mary was the specie called "man" in the creation], not capable to do anything, he has the same Lord Who is One God of everyone [and it is obvious when he made prayers all night long and in numerous places ask for help, favor, protection, etc including forgiveness in the Lord's prayer in the "forgive us our sins. . ."].

The disciples of Jesus were those who were with him during his years of inviting people to what God had sent him with. This group of persons lost a member so they were 11 about the time was lifted up to heavens. The 11 must be from the group who truly knew Jesus. They must be better than those who came later. If only in the matters of ability to describe him and if they have good memory they will collectively remember each of his messages, in idea if not word for word.

If Jesus spent 3 years preaching and never once said that he is God The Most High, then whoever proposed it later had been unjust to Jesus.

There is looseness in the whole bible in usage of son of God. God will have no need of any son because only people have children to take over their human duties after the have completed their lifespan and gone. If angels dont have children why would their God have any? If catholic priests and nuns see having children do not fit their dedication to God, why will God not at least be as dedicated to His Own Position instead of coming lower and stoop to my level about children?

The description of how God the Holy Spirit on behalf of God the father made Mary pregnant as foretold by the angel is nothing less than the process of human copulation.

The yorubas always say "dont let us count the slaves". The reality is that those think that they are not slaves will be counted as slaves when the counting done.
Re: Who Is Allah? by MrAnony1(m): 11:45am On Aug 16, 2012
Sweetnecta: While other religious books seem incomplete or partially out of date to those who claim that these are the most secret texts, The Quran is the opposite. The muslims upon having some knowledge of Islam accept every verse of it without change, however with varied possible interpretations because the absolute knowledge of the Quran belongs to God.

Let me make my specific point here: Few years ago, i was talking to muslims of varied backgrounds and cultural differences. On the matter of who can be married, which we all agreed that first cousin is part of those while sibling is not was our discussion.

I remembered an american saying that he has stopped fraternizing with beautiful cousin the moment he realized she is a potential wife.

Another american said there must be an amount good in it since God permits its possibility, although he will not marry his cousin because of many factors, apart from the fact there might not be any or she is very old, health issues of the offspring, etc.

I remembered how close i am with my female cousins, from both my parents' bloodlines. I could not marry anyone of them because of my own personality. I do not any of my family members to fall into the category of in laws. This is just one of the many reasons for me.

There was a guy from Benin who became muslim in the most odd place called the west whereas there is good chunk of edo population that is Islamic. I couldnt bring myself to ask him why discovery of Islam in America? The following year I met Muhammad, a core Igbo man and many others who are Calabar citizens.

Again, the edo man was just like me: We dont do family because there is plenty of non family to pick who to do from.

The point here is that Islamic textbook, the Quran, each of its verse is accepted except the hypocrite who will reject even a single verse.

Allah says Muhammad [sa] is a messenger. We accept it.

In the christian Bible, Jesus said he was a prophet, a son of man [and it obvious here that Mary was the specie called "man" in the creation], not capable to do anything, he has the same Lord Who is One God of everyone [and it is obvious when he made prayers all night long and in numerous places ask for help, favor, protection, etc including forgiveness in the Lord's prayer in the "forgive us our sins. . ."].

The disciples of Jesus were those who were with him during his years of inviting people to what God had sent him with. This group of persons lost a member so they were 11 about the time was lifted up to heavens. The 11 must be from the group who truly knew Jesus. They must be better than those who came later. If only in the matters of ability to describe him and if they have good memory they will collectively remember each of his messages, in idea if not word for word.

If Jesus spent 3 years preaching and never once said that he is God The Most High, then whoever proposed it later had been unjust to Jesus.

There is looseness in the whole bible in usage of son of God. God will have no need of any son because only people have children to take over their human duties after the have completed their lifespan and gone. If angels dont have children why would their God have any? If catholic priests and nuns see having children do not fit their dedication to God, why will God not at least be as dedicated to His Own Position instead of coming lower and stoop to my level about children?

The description of how God the Holy Spirit on behalf of God the father made Mary pregnant as foretold by the angel is nothing less than the process of human copulation.

The yorubas always say "dont let us count the slaves". The reality is that those think that they are not slaves will be counted as slaves when the counting done.
My friend, you have delivered another long post again. The question is will you accept everything that Jesus said as true? You like to quote verses that agree with what you want Jesus to say. I can show you many verses where Jesus refers to Himself as Son of God. He even talks about existing from before the world began and sharing glory with God the Father.
I can show you these verses and if you have a red letter bible you can look them up. The problem is that even if I showed them to you, you will deny it and claim that that particular scripture is corrupted (it seems everything is corrupted once it doesn't agree with Mohammed's idea).

A few posts back, you quoted Paul so as to make a point but when I quoted Paul from the very next verse, you immediately started claiming that Paul was in error . Why then did you quote him in the first place? - for you, one half of a sentence is true and the other half false depending on which one agrees with what you are trying to say. That is how not to learn.

Let us get this straight. If you are going to quote some of Jesus' sayings, then be prepared to accept his other sayings. I hope you don't use the same practice of cherry-picking verses with your quran.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Allah? by LagosShia: 11:49am On Aug 16, 2012
Mr_Anony:
My friend, twisted logic is bad practice. It is how not to argue.

buhahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

are you not the one the bible calls a slave? wink
Re: Who Is Allah? by MrAnony1(m): 12:03pm On Aug 16, 2012
LagosShia:

buhahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

are you not the one the bible calls a slave? wink
In the same way, are you not a slave to your father?

I can see that you would rather prefer to have a shouting match and have us hurl insults at each other than to have a rational discussion. Feel free to knock yourself out but I won't be dragged down to that level. . .

. . .It seems to me that you are like the moslem version of logicboy on NL.
Re: Who Is Allah? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 16, 2012
My brother, Mr Anony, you began this thread with an objective. It would appear that it has more or less been achieved. Allah comes across as a contradictory concept, to say the least. Now, you have been drawn into arguments that are not only tangential to the issue but (edit) might actually be frivolous shows of ignorance.

I'm not sure that there's any further profit to Christ that you stick around. I know that the desire to bring Christ home to everyone is strong in us, but my brother, there is a very strong reason for which we are told to accept rejection of ourselves and our message when we are rejected. Even if we did not know that reason (and we do, I think), that Jesus said to do so is enough reason to leave people to themselves when they reject our message.

Please, I beg you, my beloved brother, leave this thread. There is much yet to do. I beg you.
Re: Who Is Allah? by MrAnony1(m): 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2012
Ihedinobi: My brother, Mr Anony, you began this thread with an objective. It would appear that it has more or less been achieved. Allah comes across as a contradictory concept, to say the least. Now, you have been drawn into arguments that are not only tangential to the issue but (edit) might actually be frivolous shows of ignorance.

I'm not sure that there's any further profit to Christ that you stick around. I know that the desire to bring Christ home to everyone is strong in us, but my brother, there is a very strong reason for which we are told to accept rejection of ourselves and our message when we are rejected. Even if we did not know that reason (and we do, I think), that Jesus said to do so is enough reason to leave people to themselves when they reject our message.

Please, I beg you, my beloved brother, leave this thread. There is much yet to do. I beg you.

Signing off..........

One last word my muslim friends:

There is no fear in love, perfect love casts out all fear.

Unfollows thread.
Re: Who Is Allah? by LagosShia: 12:14pm On Aug 16, 2012
Mr_Anony:
In the same way, are you not a slave to your father?

I can see that you would rather prefer to have a shouting match and have us hurl insults at each other than to have a rational discussion. Feel free to knock yourself out but I won't be dragged down to that level. . .

. . .It seems to me that you are like the moslem version of logicboy on NL.

i invested my time,reasoning and effort to reach out to you in a very respectable manner thinking you're mature enough to face the truth.when the discussion reached a point,i asked a simple question that would show you the truth,and you refused to answer me.instead you kept writing long epistles and preaching.

respect beget respect.

Mr_Anony:

Signing off..........

One last word my muslim friends:

There is no fear in love, perfect love casts out all fear.

Unfollows thread.

RUN.....

"unfollows" a thread he started!!! grin grin grin

the Quran says:"Truth has come and falsehood has vanished because falsehood is bound to vanish by its very own nature".

RUN.........
Re: Who Is Allah? by vedaxcool(m): 1:20pm On Aug 16, 2012
Ihedinobi: My brother, Mr Anony, you began this thread with an objective. It would appear that it has more or less been achieved. Allah comes across as a contradictory concept, to say the least. Now, you have been drawn into arguments that are not only tangential to the issue but (edit) might actually be frivolous shows of ignorance.

Wow! Mr. Anony! Which is the contradictory concept?

1. By myself I can do nothing - jesus

2. God can do everything - christians

1. I don't know he day of Judgement - Jesus#

2. God knows everything - Christians

etc

You guys have never ever used your thinking in drawing appropriate deductions yet you always come back here and stutter about your ignorances!

cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why I Left Islam - By Alaya Mukti Akhtar / 2024 Ramadan Fasting Begins Monday – Sultan / How The Meat Of Udhiyah (sacrifice) Should Be Shared Out ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.