Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,350 members, 7,957,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:27 AM

What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? (10276 Views)

Wow! Greatest Response To A Man Who Said He Doesn't Believe There Is A God! / Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born / Two Reasons I Believe There Is A God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by DeepSight(m): 12:49pm On Aug 04, 2012
mrmayor:

@Deepsight,

Finally, the learned Ex Anglican/Eckist/Grail Message lawyer arrives to the thread to give us his usual "Ambiguous, Could Have, Sort Of" neither here or there opinion.

I would love to know which parts of the Bible are blatant Falsehood, Myths and where it has been altered.

By their "fruits" you shall know them.

But really its not important to know. All that's important are the commandments to love God and love your neighbor as well as the beatitudes. Finito. You can dunk the rest if you wish, and it's still all good.

But just to answer your question specifically -

I would love to know which parts of the Bible are blatant Falsehood,

Virgin Birth/ Immaculate Conception of Jesus, Jonah in the belly of the whale, Talking Donkey, Saul (Paul's) claims about the road to Damascus, Jesus walking on water, any suggestions that Jesus is God, Moses and Mount Sinai, resurrection of Jesus, transfiguration, Dove at baptism.

These seem like falsehoods to me, and I regard them as outrightly FALSE, but I am not all knowing and as such I must place the caveat that they could be events beyond my knowledge or understanding.

Myths

Garden of Eden, Noah's Ark, Cain and Abel, Jacob and Angel battle

and where it has been altered.

In many places: but one clear case was the King James Version rendition of 1 John 5 v 7. That deliberate Trinitarian insertion has now been removed by new versions though. But it proves there were insertions/ alterations.

1 Like

Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by DeepSight(m): 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2012
^^^ But please I hope you do not take the foregoing to mean that the Bible is not a valuable book of insight and loads of deep truths. It is, and I will recommend it to anyone to read. My children will certainly be schooled in it: even if only as an academic exercise. There is much to profit therein. Same with other religious texts.
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by manosteel(m): 7:25pm On Aug 04, 2012
when he seize to exist.

1 Like

Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 04, 2012
The theories about God is controversial because God is not what many people think it is. Its why the atheist think there is no God. But God is rather more of energy frequency then a being. The purest level of existence. God is the positive parallel of the Universe while Satan is the negative parallel of the Universe..... Humans are a part of the universe and gets its signals from both energy frequencies via the cosmic mind. Soul Travel and Astral projection offer deeper insights to the cosmic planes and the scheme of things, most of which can not be understood by the brain which guides physical analogy and reasoning. Humans in physical form can not comprehend God ...you need to project into the realms of spirit to understand...

1 Like

Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by mrmayor(m): 7:43pm On Aug 04, 2012
Deep Sight:
By their "fruits" you shall know them.
Oga lawyer abeg no vex.

Deep Sight:

But just to answer your question specifically -

Virgin Birth/ Immaculate Conception of Jesus, Jonah in the belly of the whale, Talking Donkey, Saul (Paul's) claims about the road to Damascus, Jesus walking on water, any suggestions that Jesus is God, Moses and Mount Sinai, resurrection of Jesus, transfiguration, Dove at baptism. These seem like falsehoods to me, and I regard them as outrightly FALSE, but I am not all knowing and as such I must place the caveat that they could be events beyond my knowledge or understanding.

[color=#990000][/color]

Thank you again, I'll redline those passages in my bible ( yep, I actually own several bibles, from my years sunday school)

Deep Sight:

Garden of Eden, Noah's Ark, Cain and Abel, Jacob and Angel battle

In many places: but one clear case was the King James Version rendition of 1 John 5 v 7. That deliberate Trinitarian insertion has now been removed by new versions though. But it proves there were insertions/ alterations.

Thanks you made my weekend, now take 1 bottle for my head. You're truly one of Nlanders I would love to meet.
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by pimps: 7:54pm On Aug 04, 2012
 have come to notice science doesn't agree with religion but religion always find a way to identify with science.why?
 just feel what can be asserted without evidence can be discarded without evidence.
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by rawtruth(m): 8:25pm On Aug 04, 2012
Jamji:

What your proof that God made man?
what's your proof that God did not make man?

2 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by wiegraf: 8:30pm On Aug 04, 2012
^^^
You're the one making a claim.
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by Lovine: 8:37pm On Aug 04, 2012
Many don't know where they are when they close their eyes to sleep and they dream to somewhere they have never been to, you don't know much about satan and demon how can you know about Yahweh the creator. Book of Romans 1:22 said 'professing themselves to be wise, they become fools. FOOLS YOU WILL ALWAYS BE.
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by newmaonza: 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2012
I dont know why people go to great lengths to defend their gods, u atheist why r u guys so irritated @ the mention of God. . . One thing i know is that "THE TRUTH IS JUST THERE, IT IS NOT BEGGING ANY BODY TO BELIEVE"
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 04, 2012
Nothing will make me think there is no God.....Pslm14 says Only a fool says there is no God.
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by ishabablessing: 9:08pm On Aug 04, 2012
when i die n i can't find a God to judge me,as 4 nw notinnnn
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by blasterman(m): 9:08pm On Aug 04, 2012
Question for thinking I believe insects can prove to us that maybe there is no GOD. because if u take for example a plate of food and put into a very very clean microwave leave it there for maybe 1 week u will find out that maggot cockroach and insects r inside the microwave after that period. So did d food decompose and turn into bacteria and bacteria evolve to form insect? Maybe and insect is a living thing. So maybe human being was created as evolution of some kind of bacteria. I just wonder
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by ishabablessing: 9:10pm On Aug 04, 2012
when i die n i can't find a God to judge me,until den notinnnn
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by Loveaflame(m): 9:12pm On Aug 04, 2012
My dear whether you believe in God or not is a personal decision.But I personal believe in God.Even all religions believe in a divine diety.Your self delusion does not change the fact that God is real.The Yoruba mythology call Him Eledumare.This was even before the Bible came to Nigeria.But the painful thing will be to face the harsh reality of the existence of God that you vehemently denied on earth after death.Think twice and give Him a chance in your life.
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by bambuzz88: 9:16pm On Aug 04, 2012
diluminati: To the religious folks, you can give many reasons why you think there is a God but why would you stop believing in God? What would make you think he doesnt exist anymore or he is just imaginary? What is that one thing that can change your stance? Please share with us.

.......do you think life just start existing by spontaneous generation

then evolution

........y do life only exist on planet earth, scientist have search and

search but to no avail they are able to get aliens and UFOS

.........why re we humans so unique and intelligent amongst other

living creatures even n terms of social and emotional behavior

............if are a big b ang theory fan, what existed before the big

b ang or what triggers it, or is it a product of pure speculation

............even if the big b ang created the universe and , why is the

unknown 95% of the universe believed to contain certain dark matter and

energy a mystery that defies all scientific laws of electromagnetism,

gravitation e.t.c, hence 95% of the universe is still in-comprehensible

.......does all this theory accounts for certain spiritual mystery of

good and evil forces which we all must have experience if we have tapp

the powers locked in the infinite intelligence super consious,and not livin canal for

i biliv , the man who regards his own life and that of his fellow

creatures as meaningless is not merely unfortunate but almost

disqualified for life.

even enistein knows alot is mysterious about the universe with a quote

i read sometimes

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the

fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of all true art and

science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer

marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed. It was the

experience of mystery - even if mixed with fear - that engendered

religion. A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot

penetrate, our perceptions of the profoundest reason and the most

radiant beauty, which only in their most primitive forms are accessible

to our minds - it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute

true religiosity; in this sense, and, and in this alone, I am a deeply

religious man.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955) and here is anoda by him

..............I'm not an atheist and I don't think I can call myself a

pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge

library filled with books in many different languages. The child knows

someone must have written those books. It does not know how. The child

dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but

doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even

the most intelligent human being toward God

well as time wears on , more discoveries triggers more infinite

question which require yet more answers to further our minimal

understanding of this unimaginably complex universe,

well blaise pascal is telling you somwthing in this quote that

"If God does not exist, one will lose nothing by believing in him,

while if he does exist, one will lose everything by not believing. "

we are all soul in a body, our true value lies in our soul, the body is

just a empty case made up of carbon, nitrogen, phosphorus e.t.c held

together by some force,

likewise our soul is controlled too either by good and evil forces, so

it now left for us to choose what value we give to it............

with the mind blogging question i have just listed
can i ask you whether creation is a natural event or a supernatural

event that took place outside the natural realm

2 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by Adufaye(m): 9:18pm On Aug 04, 2012
dey is no such tin as God....! Do u knw dat any word we speak cums out 4rm greek language? Do u knw God is a greek god...which dey do worship? Do u knw d romans gods is called god,nd d hebrew is Yahweh.? Any noun start wit capital leta,bt God cn also start wit god!
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by bash673(m): 9:26pm On Aug 04, 2012
cyrexx: ^^
you seem to always confuse atheism with evolution. Its obvious you know nothing about the established biological fact of evolution. You might as well reject every other scientific and biological facts.

Do you know that many christians subscribe to evolution and even interprete their creation story in light of scientific evidence of evolution.

You still have a lot to learn, that is, if you want to learn.
Read my post very well again and you will see that i'm not discouraging you from your religion.
Once again, best wishes.

There are only THEORIES of evolution and no FACTS.
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by GboyegaD(m): 9:54pm On Aug 04, 2012
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

1 Like

Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by antsut(m): 10:13pm On Aug 04, 2012
Uyi Iredia: If nothing existed I would believe there is no God. God existence is tied to the existence of reality as a whole.
And what do you called reality? Everything happens in your head. Period!
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 04, 2012
IF THERE WERE GOD, WHITES AND BLACKS, AS WITH OTHER RACES WOULD HAVE BEEN EQUALS, IN EVERY MEASURE OF SUCCESS, WHETHER WITH RESPECT TO INVENTION, SOCIOECONOMIC STATUS AND MANY MORE QUOTIENTS.
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by SNCOQ3(m): 10:32pm On Aug 04, 2012
Danka7777: IF THERE WERE GOD, WHITES AND BLACKS, AS WITH OTHER RACES WOULD HAVE BEEN EQUALS, IN EVERY MEASURE OF SUCCESS, WHETHER WITH RESPECT TO INVENTION, SOCIOECONOMIC STATUS AND MANY MORE QUOTIENTS.

We're all equal in the sight of God but the condition of our lives is dependent on the choices we make...good or bad, blessings or curses, spiritual life or spiritual death...etc
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by Wateron: 10:41pm On Aug 04, 2012
When people don't die again.
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by FXKing2012(m): 10:42pm On Aug 04, 2012
diluminati: To the religious folks, you can give many reasons why you think there is a God but why would you stop believing in God? What would make you think he doesnt exist anymore or he is just imaginary? What is that one thing that can change your stance? Please share with us.

Nothing in this world, in the world gone past or in the world to come can change my conviction in the existence of God and His powers. In fact, not even all the twisted arguments of all the atheists on Nairaland can change my stance. God forgive and bless you all!
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by illicit(m): 10:56pm On Aug 04, 2012
Deep Sight: @ Area boy. . . .

The Bible may be altered, and certainly contains truth as well as falsehood and myth. However one should still try and discern deeply when looking at some of its legends. They could be symbols.

About the garden of eden which you mentioned, look deeper into the story - - - >

Could it be that the legend related in Genesis regarding the fall of man in Eden is not a reference to an event that occured in this world, but rather describes the departure of the spirit of mankind from the eternal spiritual realm into the world of matter?

This would tally with many things. A forbidden fruit would be the world of matter. Entering into it would bring about knowledge of good and evil, as presumably there is no evil in the realm from which the spirit came. Or there is just pure neutrality. Casting out man from the garden would be sending the spirit out of the spiritual realm into the world of matter. Wearing animal skins is a clear indicator of the physical bodies that man must wear to live in the physical world. Such bodies bear close resemblances to animal bodies. It is instructive that the fruit is given by the woman, since it is by women that we are born into the world of matter. On top of all that God promises that if man eats the fruit he shall die. It is certain that death is only known to man once he has entered the world of matter. Above all the reference to the Lord God strolling in the Garden and communing daily with man there on a one to one basis indicates that this was a spiritual realm where God's presence was.

Most instructively however, the TREE OF LIFE was said to reside in the garden. Crucially, it is said to be guarded by cherubs and a flaming sword after the fall of man. That says it all; it could not have been this earth. It was another realm. The ultimate realm.
common it has been proved dat d garden of eden is in presnt day iraq cos of its rivers mentioned in d bible, and it was written dat God created animals and told adam to supervise dem, if ur eden is a spirit realm how come there r animals there? and wen God chase humans out, how did d animals end up here did he chase dem along too? well that wasnt written? if d animals live alongide men in dat realm and were not cursed, then why are they here and why are dey dying too, this answers the question of those asking why scientists cant cure death, nothing lasts forever even ur christ died and u have to make up a story to mystify him that hes been raised......
mind u am not an atheist am agnostic.
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by FXKing2012(m): 10:57pm On Aug 04, 2012
Chai! See foolishness at its peak on this thread.
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by illicit(m): 10:59pm On Aug 04, 2012
bash673:

same goes for cretion too, do u even know that every religion and race in d world has dia own version of d creation story, whereas revolution is so unique, how can u even prove creation too without referrin to ur bible.
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by illicit(m): 11:00pm On Aug 04, 2012
bash673:

same goes for creation too, do u even know that every religion and race in d world has dia own version of d creation story, whereas revolution is so unique, how can u even prove creation too without referrin to ur bible.
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by Adufaye(m): 11:03pm On Aug 04, 2012
FXKing2012:

Nothing in this world, in the world gone past or in the world to come can change my conviction in the existence of God and His powers. In fact, not even all the twisted arguments of all the atheists on Nairaland can change my stance. God forgive and bless you all!
sori 2 say.....u hv bin brain wash....is it evry tin whitd do we must do....africans hv der own God b4 d white brain wash ddm wit bible. God is a greek creator,if u doubt me google it
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by nature262(m): 12:22am On Aug 05, 2012
Adufaye: sori 2 say.....u hv bin brain wash....is it evry tin whitd do we must do....africans hv der own God b4 d white brain wash ddm wit bible. God is a greek creator,if u doubt me google it
so do you believe in God or u are just being racial?
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by Nobody: 12:47am On Aug 05, 2012
absolutely nothing can!!!!
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by 4q: 5:29am On Aug 05, 2012
Not to worry, all you who don't believe in God, when you are eyeball to eyeball with death in an unexpected circumstances, trust me you will call HIM in however your subconscious has HIM stored.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EVERY HUMAN'S SPIRIT EAT FOOD WHAT KIND DOES YOURS EAT? / Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud / Atheists And Morality. A Question!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.