Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,143 members, 7,811,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends (19263 Views)

If Your Boo/spouse Keeps Many Female/male Friends / How Many Female Nairalanders Can Boldly Say AMEN To This Prayer? / She Keeps Many Boyfriends And Insists They Are Platonic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by ammamat(f): 2:28pm On Dec 14, 2007
How Will You Feel If Your Guy Keep Many Female Friends.

There is this guy that I meet not quite long, I love him and with the look of things I felt he did the same too, but my problem now is that he keep too much of female friends . He said some are his childhood friends and some are just ordinary friends which make everything not to be easy here with me.
But for the few time we've known each other we've been spending most time together that is after his work, Is it okay for me to tell him to keep away with some of them or to let go the relationship.

Thanks.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by zignor(m): 2:35pm On Dec 14, 2007
Don't let go of the relationship . . .try to keep more male friends as well undecided

1 Like

Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by Sirop(f): 2:45pm On Dec 14, 2007
You should let him know how you feel about it. It seems like you do trust him so, tell him that "I trust you but I feel uneasy about all the female friends you tend to have around" and don't argue about it, in fact tell him that's all you have to say about it.

1 Like

Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by saucekid(m): 2:55pm On Dec 14, 2007
zignor:

Don't let go of the relationship . . .try to keep more male friends as well undecided

good advice
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by zignor(m): 3:05pm On Dec 14, 2007
@saucekid . . . yes, if she ever complain about those females friends,the dude will think that she is too jealousy ;D
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by ammamat(f): 3:12pm On Dec 14, 2007
Thanks @ Sirop, have try to let him know about my feelings but he will tell me that he can't just wake up and got them off just like that, that is a gradual process.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by Sirop(f): 3:28pm On Dec 14, 2007
Yeah that’s true about the gradual thing, but what YOUR feeling should be important as well.

How is your demeanor when you’re talking about this to him? I ask because I find myself when talking to my mate about something serious I tend to be shy and be soft so he finds a way to make it a joke and blow it off and doesn’t take it serious. And when you see woman screaming and arguing about the situation to there man, it seems that both parties just gets mad and argue and He continues to do what he wants to spite the woman.

The point I’m trying to make is be firm and serious but not argumentative.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by madned: 3:44pm On Dec 14, 2007
[color=#990000][/color] well for you ladies out its not so bad. the only thing that matters to me is that he loves me and me alone and as long he plays safe.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by madned: 3:46pm On Dec 14, 2007
[color=#990000][/color] well for you ladies out its not so bad. the only thing that matters to  me is that he loves me and me alone and as long he plays safe.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by metro(m): 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2007
i was once in dis position. i have a lot of females friends too who are not my girl friend but we do know. i m sure you can talk it over with your boy friend and if possible you may want him introduce to them to you  that way you get to know the kind of friendship existing betwen him and them. since he loves you they may just be no strings attached,
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by iice(f): 4:10pm On Dec 15, 2007
Depends on how well i know/know of them girls around him. . .women can be dangerous
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by kunle75(m): 7:52pm On Dec 16, 2007
@amammat,

pls i will advice that u put urself in his shoes its true that he can`t just wake up one day and start throwing them away,what if u are his friend and a girl come into his life and he ask u to go away just like that ,how will u feel?i think u shld give room for mutual understanding and be calm about the issue its just a matter of time if he truely love u as he claims he will definitely consider ur feelings and do something about it but not in a rush.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by ufobabe(f): 8:26pm On Dec 16, 2007
@ poster,

some pple just love 2 have the opposite sex as friends. it does apply 2 me also. it is a matter of understanding.

tell him how u feel about the situaton!

if he can't adjust, then u should adjust by keeping male friends,like Zignor said!

it is very easy.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by CrazyMan(m): 8:46pm On Dec 16, 2007
You have to know how close the friendship between him and those female friends are; you also have to look deeply into the matter before you pour out your heart and express your feelings to him.

If you keep on bugging him on this very issue, he might get fed up with you.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by Uzzyan: 9:06pm On Dec 16, 2007
crazykid:

You have to know how close the friendship between him and those female friends are; you also have to look deeply into the matter before you pour out your heart and express your feelings to him.

If you keep on bugging him on this very issue, he might get fed up with you.

Best of all ideas
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by uyai(f): 10:36pm On Dec 16, 2007
My guy has a lot of female friends also. From experience i know guys cannot be ONLY friends with a female. At some point, something is going to develop either from the guy or from the girl. The outcome of the new development usually depends on if both parties want to pursue it. I have been on both sides of the coin.

Therefore i specifically told my future hubby, in a very serious no nonsense voice. I'v been there done that. I do not like the idea of keeping single female friends who all like you. It is either u go with them or u come with me.

he choose me. At a certain point, when a man knows what he wants, he parts way with what he does not need.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by PTH(m): 10:43pm On Dec 16, 2007
uyai:

At a certain point, when a man knows what he wants, he parts way with what he does not need.

Excellent observation from the female point of view.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by AOYEGBESANYAHOOCOM(m): 11:04pm On Dec 16, 2007
poster

u r in d rong company, tink seriously nd decide to let go or not.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by Pip(m): 2:56pm On Dec 17, 2007
why should keeping many female friends be bad? when women do it people keep quiet and call them admirers.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by Bukkenzo(f): 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2007
i quite agree with iice,ladies are very dangerous.ask your guy what trips him about so many girls?he can have very few as friends because am a woman and would not want my man to hang around ladies so much,am human u know.how would he feel,if you hang out with so many men? make an abservation,try and hang around with guys if you dont mind,but dont go too far because anything can happen in the process ok?
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by rosquare(m): 3:51pm On Dec 17, 2007
heelllllooooo nairalanders
why is it that wen we get into people's
life, the next thing is to change the person
to suit us??
the person eventually looses his/her real identity
and later on regrets everything,
i don't think this is right.
if you are not down with some things about your
patner and you can't cope with those things then
let go please.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by moondust(m): 4:03pm On Dec 17, 2007
why do u wana tell him to keep off d girls? u'll only stir up rife. . .my advice is dont. just stay put till u hav evidence he's havin an affair wit any of dem
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by ammamat(f): 4:20pm On Dec 17, 2007
I want to really appreciate all of you here for the your kind responds.  But still expecting more cos is like at time some girls are really on his neck, like wanting him  asking him for cash, some sending him text to send credit i mean different kinds of text, but he will still swear that he as nothing in common with them,some  will send house address for him to come and see them.  pls pals pals I know this guy really  love me, but I cant sit down and my heart can not content that.
please help, , I can cheat when it's come to relationship, am always very honest and sincere and I cant start keeping male friends too cos i know it's will definitely Leds to someother thing.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by Ivvie: 4:39pm On Dec 17, 2007
ammamat:

I want to really appreciate all of you here for the your kind responds.  But still expecting more because is like at time some girls are really on his neck, like wanting him  asking him for cash, some sending him text to send credit i mean different kinds of text, but he will still swear that he as nothing in common with them,some  will send house address for him to come and see them.  please pals pals I know this guy really  love me, but I can't sit down and my heart can not content that.
please help, , I can cheat when it's come to relationship, am always very honest and sincere and I can't start keeping male friends too because i know it's will definitely Leds to someother thing.

Some people are like that.  I want to believe both boys and girls appreciate him [generousity] but you are reacting to the girls because you are rival threats.  Your current reaction indicates (making conclusions from a narrow point of view) that you may not  be the right person for this fellow.  He os graceful to everyone and you can't deal with it.  He's had his life long before he met you, his conscience and all that relates to him long before you came to his understanding.  If you are his type and the right person for him, you'd take his back and do the same (pick up his nature and reflect what he does).  Two can't go together lest they agree and you boiling will only seed resentment that will emancipate later.   I might not be right in what my observations/conclusions are but I've spoken from a boy's point of view.  ,  matter of fact, he is nice; 'cause I'd have dumped you if you told me such.  I'd be discerning jealousy and greed.

This is where virtue comes to the foregound.  I think you need to change or find someone else.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by tome1: 4:42pm On Dec 17, 2007
i ll adivise you let him be if u try to force him to leave his friends then u might lose him eventually to them. its good u told him how u feel about his female friends.just dont push him too much cos if u do he might end up hiding a lot of things from u.show him love and respect then u will always be the one in control.thats my one million dollar to u o cool[color=#006600][/color]
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by Carlosein(m): 4:48pm On Dec 17, 2007
the Lord help u cos when a guy behaves the way you just described, it's usually a sign of things happening or about to happen (else he's just a big mugu).

shine your eyes sis.

Ivvie:

Some people are like that. I want to believe both boys and girls appreciate him [generousity] but you are reacting to the girls because you are rival threats. Your current reaction indicates (making conclusions from a narrow point of view) that you may not be the right person for this fellow. He os graceful to everyone and you can't deal with it. He's had his life long before he met you, his conscience and all that relates to him long before you came to his understanding. If you are his type and the right person for him, you'd take his back and do the same (pick up his nature and reflect what he does). Two can't go together lest they agree and you boiling will only seed resentment that will emancipate later. I might not be right in what my observations/conclusions are but I've spoken from a boy's point of view. , matter of fact, he is nice; 'cause I'd have dumped you if you told me such. I'd be discerning jealousy and greed.

This is where virtue comes to the foregound. I think you need to change or find someone else.

@ivvie
i beg to differ, i am a guy and i don't see things from that point of view.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by denony(m): 4:59pm On Dec 17, 2007
Girl please don't start keeping male friends because he did,
Try and iron it out with him, let him know how bad you feel,
Am in the same condition, because i dont have female friends while my girl has male friends,
It hurts me alot cus i only depend on a girl without keeping any other opposite sex.

Keeping only one will put you in a very matured relationship. just try and talk to him over it, i think if he loves you he will put in practice to maintain the relationship.

Don't mind the advisers to start keeping male friends.

I think through your statement of being a sincere and faithful lover, i grade you a matured, responsible and well mannered person.

Kepp it up.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by mellow(m): 5:05pm On Dec 17, 2007
iice:

Depends on how well i know/know of them girls around him. . .women can be dangerous

This is an understatement. Women and Danger are two lions littered in a day and up till this moment

they are strugling ffor supiriority. inorder words women are more dengerouse than danger.

@ topic.

If you are not comfortable, then take a walk. Relationships are to be enjoyed not endured.
[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by Ivvie: 5:21pm On Dec 17, 2007
@Carlosein

Well, not everyone's like you; same applies to me.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by pgm(m): 5:33pm On Dec 17, 2007
can't help but wonder how posters cope with the array and diversity of responses on this thread . the way i see it, for 99.9% of the time, a poster posts about a problem and then hopes to find a solution in the replies but alas, he/she gets innundated with replies as numerous as they r diverse so much so that he then has two problems- the original one and then the problem of having to choose which of the advices will be in his/her interest and which to discard. Wot a world! cry cry

1 Like

Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by Carlosein(m): 5:39pm On Dec 17, 2007
Ivvie:

@Carlosein

Well, not everyone's like you; same applies to me.

okay then, so we should not generalize.

thanks all the same.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by tboy1(m): 5:54pm On Dec 17, 2007
ammamat:

But still expecting more because is like at time some girls are really on his neck, like wanting him  asking him for cash, some sending him text to send credit i mean different kinds of text, but he will still swear that he as nothing in common with them,some  will send house address for him to come and see them.  

First thing you have to know is that men lie. Even the one you trust the most will look into your eyes and lie(the reason is because they know once you know the truth,its either the relationship is over or the trust in the relationship is gone)

The only thing i can advise you is to speak to him calmly, ask him if the situation was the other way round will he accept you having male friends(The answer here is NO.There is no way any guy can accept that kinda stuff from his lady)

BTW- There are different types of friends

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family / Photos Man Squizes Girls Breast In Public And Uploads It On Facebook / Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.