Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? (15783 Views)

Who Is Your Favourite Pastor In Terms Of Message Delivering? / What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. / Your Favourite Bible Verse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Bodmas06: 4:03pm On Aug 05, 2012
Isaiah 59:1 that says "Behold the LORD'S hand is not shortened,That it cannot save,Nor His ear heavy,that it cannot hear. Romans 9:15 "I will have mercy on whomever i will mercy and i will have compasion on whomever i will have compasion.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by ibide(m): 4:04pm On Aug 05, 2012
Psalm 121 ves 1 -8 i will lift up my eyes unto the lord were come my help . My help come from the lord who made hevean & earth

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Toks2008(m): 4:06pm On Aug 05, 2012
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.Romans 8:28

I read a testimony of an individual that proves that all things work for good

When he was seven years old, his family was forced out of their home on a legal technicality, and he had to work to help support them. At age nine, his mother died. At twenty-two, he lost his job as store clerk. He wanted to go to law school, but his education wasn’t good enough. At twenty-three, he went into debt to became a partner in a small store. At twenty-six, his business partner died, leaving him a huge debt that took years to repay. At twenty-eight, after courting a girl for 4 yrs, he asked her to marry him. She said no. At thirty-seven, on his third try, he was elected to Congress, but two years later he failed to be reelected. At forty- one his four yr old son died. At forty-five, he ran for the Senate and lost. At forty-seven, he failed as the vice-presidential candidate. At forty-nine, He ran for the Senate again and lost. At fifty-one he was elected president of the United States. His name was Abraham Lincoln, a man many consider the greatest leader the county ever had.

None of these events prior to his presidency were pleasant trials to suffer but they all Worked Together for Good in the end. I would venture to say if Abraham Lincoln had not suffered the emancipation proclamation would never have been written.

So as Christians and Believers,All things even trials,tribulations,loss of loved ones,jail,separation,calamity,sufferings
Work together for our good. Hard to believe but this is true because the words of GOD say so.

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by BabaOlowo: 4:08pm On Aug 05, 2012
"And Jesus wept"
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Deedee49(f): 4:08pm On Aug 05, 2012
Romans 12: 1- "I beseech u therefore brethren by the mercies of God, dat ye present ur bodies holy and acceptable unto God which is ur reasonable service. 2- And now be ye not conformed with d world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of ur mind, dat ye may know d acceptable and perfect will of God!"

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by mgolo(m): 4:09pm On Aug 05, 2012
"Let your light so shine before men so that they can glorify your Father who is in heaven"

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by 2cute(m): 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2012
I'm also in love with the following verses; I prayed them consistently for 3 months in 2005 or so and my spiritual life was never the same since then! Eph 1:17-19 17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, 19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power.
Same for Eph 3:14-19 and Col 1:9-12. I prayed them so much that these scriptures got stuck to my brain and can say them word for word without looking in the Bible.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by lee4u: 4:12pm On Aug 05, 2012
Only God can never change.
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by drlaykay(m): 4:12pm On Aug 05, 2012
Mine is d best definition of ANYTHING I have ever seen.the definition of FAITH
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for,the evidence of things not seen.
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Emylexray(m): 4:13pm On Aug 05, 2012
wales2007: Gal. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
yeah!...this usually get my head spinning!
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by megareal: 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2012
Psalm 91. This scripture is my rock and has never failed me. I fear nothing because of it.
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by CarlosVent(m): 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2012
Psalm 91 vs 1. '' he that dwelleth in the secret place of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the almighty''.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by poweredcom(m): 4:19pm On Aug 05, 2012
Myverse chapter 22 verse 5

Drink and forget all ur sorrows you only live once ,there is no other life again above or beneath -rock rock on
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Gospelgirl(f): 4:20pm On Aug 05, 2012
That I may know him, and the power of His ressurection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made comformable unto death. Phillippians 3:10.

For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Jesus answered and say unto him,verily, verily I say unto you except a man becomes born again, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. John 3:3

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by destinkoko(m): 4:20pm On Aug 05, 2012
Isiah 4vs1 & eccl 9vs11
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by kenx1(m): 4:23pm On Aug 05, 2012
John 3:16 because dats d only verse n d bible I can recite sad
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Emylexray(m): 4:25pm On Aug 05, 2012
Daniel 11 vs 32: And as such that do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God SHALL BE STRONG AND DO EXPLOITS.

Psalm 150 vs 6: let everything that has breath praise the lord, praise ye the lord.
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by alex406(m): 4:26pm On Aug 05, 2012
Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all other things shall be added unto you. Mat 6 vs 33
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Babaofor(m): 4:26pm On Aug 05, 2012
Isaiah 7:9b if u don't believe u will not be established
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Lordave: 4:27pm On Aug 05, 2012
Psalms 19:14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight. Oh LORD my strenght and my redeemer
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Ahmedie25(m): 4:27pm On Aug 05, 2012
The verse where jesus said God is only one is the first commadement
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 05, 2012
psalm 118 : 22-24...the stone the builder rejected became the chief conerstone.....
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Emylexray(m): 4:31pm On Aug 05, 2012
Oh!..how fufilled we will be if we live by these inspiring bible scriptures.
^ ^
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by freecocoa(f): 4:32pm On Aug 05, 2012
Mine is mathew 7 vs 7.

And the book of Solomon(especially the poems)
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by eldagaius(m): 4:33pm On Aug 05, 2012
Matthew 5:5 'Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the Earth'. John 16:16.
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by blessed4ril(f): 4:34pm On Aug 05, 2012
Mine are,psalm 16,ur all I have n u give me all I need,My future is your hands! Isaiah,dt ur humble family,I wil bless n make it as great as A powerful nation! In blessing I will bless u n in multiplication I will multiply u! Etc.
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by dvee2: 4:35pm On Aug 05, 2012
Mine is where it was stated- What shall it profit a man to gain this world and loss all righteousness.

Also notice that this topic is getting to two pages without insult or interruption from other religions. I bet a topic like this raised in a the islamic section will have intruders cursing. JUST SAYING. TOLERANCE.
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by zeal500: 4:36pm On Aug 05, 2012
PSL 23
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Jay007th(m): 4:38pm On Aug 05, 2012
d bk of prov n eccl....especially.......PROV 4:23-24....."keep ur heart wit al dilligence 4 out of it r d issues of lyf......24:"put away perversity 4rm ur mouth;n kip corrupt talk far 4rm ur Lips
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by eleven(m): 4:41pm On Aug 05, 2012
Interesting topic.

Mine is Eccl 9:11
I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.

Isahiah 41:9-13 (Especially vs 10 & 13)
9: I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. 10: So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 11: "All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish. 12: Though you search for your enemies, you will not find them. Those who wage war against you will be as nothing at all. 13: For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by sammyjay441: 4:42pm On Aug 05, 2012
Be of good cheer 4 i ave overcome d world
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Etumgbe(m): 4:42pm On Aug 05, 2012
JOHN 3:16

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Day That Heaven, Earth, And Hell Stood Still / Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With / Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.