Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,884 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? (15785 Views)

Who Is Your Favourite Pastor In Terms Of Message Delivering? / What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. / Your Favourite Bible Verse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by FlyboyZee: 9:00pm On Aug 05, 2012
Psalm 24:
The earth is the Lord's and the Fullness thereof, the world and those that dwell therein. . . .
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Gospelgirl(f): 9:00pm On Aug 05, 2012
Oooh God! So many beautiful scriptures that I have even forgotten coming forth again, how I so much love this thread and its so amazing how it is devoid of insults and abuses,really loving it.

Now abideth faith, hope and love, these three: but the greatest of them is Love. 1 cor 13:13

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to Lord. Ephesians 5:19
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Evansedos: 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2012
ROM 8:18 For i reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by achiever3(f): 9:13pm On Aug 05, 2012
Is. 59 v 1&2 : Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by webmastern(m): 9:14pm On Aug 05, 2012
Billyonaire: ....Money Answereth all things.....
thats my fav. Ecls 10:19
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by DeAdvocate: 9:18pm On Aug 05, 2012
Ephesian 4:32- "and be kind to one another tenderhearted forgiven each other just as God in Christ forgave you" (Tbag to scofield and burrows)
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by kama1210: 9:23pm On Aug 05, 2012
...God of all flesh, nothing is difficult for him...Jere.32:27, Colo.1:17, christ in me the hope me my glory,. Infact the whole bible is meaningful to me.
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Mafun: 9:28pm On Aug 05, 2012
Joshua 1:8
this buk of d law shall nt dpart 4rm ur mouth, bt u shal medidate in it day &nite, dt u may observe to du according to all dt is written in it. For dn u wil make ur way prosperous, and dn u wil ve gud success.
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Djhuwon(m): 9:34pm On Aug 05, 2012
Psalm 90vs12. God teach me hw 2 use my tym...
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by captainkassa: 9:37pm On Aug 05, 2012
ECC 10:19 "Money Answereth All Things" wink
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by gentlejohn(m): 9:44pm On Aug 05, 2012
But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness ,and all these things shall be added onto u. Matt 6:33
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by pokenose(m): 9:53pm On Aug 05, 2012
1 corin 7:9....But if they cannot exercise self control, they should marry.For it is better to marry than to burn with PASSION!!! grin
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Bzoe(f): 10:01pm On Aug 05, 2012
Remember ye not the former things,neither consider the things of old. Behold,i will do a new thing.... Ishaia 43:18-19
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Rick9(m): 10:30pm On Aug 05, 2012
Psalm 23, the lord is my shepherd
John 4:23, worship GOD in spirit and in truth ,
john 11:35, Jesus wept
john 3:16 , God love the world.
Matt: 5:39, if u ar slapped turn the other.
REVELATIONS
MATTHEW
MARK
LUKE
JOHN
PSALMS
PROVERBS
ECCLESSIASTES
1st & 2nd KINGS
SIRACH. ETC.
I LOVE THE BIBLE SO MUCH. COZ OF ITS ACCURACY.
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by nikkyshyne(f): 10:33pm On Aug 05, 2012
smiley A whole lot of them. One of which is Psalm 128:

How happy are those who fear the Lord-
All who follow his ways.
You will enjoy the fruit of your labour.
How happy you will be. How rich your life.

My wife *Husband* shall be like a fruitful vine,
Flourishing within my home.
And look at all those children,
There they sit around my table
As vigorous and healthy as young olive trees.
That is the Lord's reward for those who fear him.

May the Lord continually bless me from Zion
May I see myself prosper as long as I live
May I live to enjoy my grandchildren.
And may *Nigeria* have quietness and peace
smiley kiss kiss
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Damask: 10:38pm On Aug 05, 2012
Isaiah 49:15 says '' Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, thew may forget, yet will I not forget thee''
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by bamto(m): 10:43pm On Aug 05, 2012
1 Timothy 4:12. Let no man despise thy youth but be thou an example of the believers in word, in coversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
Ecc 4:12b. A cord of three strands cannot easily be broken.
Prov 17:17 A friend loves at all times, a brother is born for times of adversity.
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Tzjz(m): 10:50pm On Aug 05, 2012
1John4:7-8- God is L♥√ع
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by kasheemawo(m): 10:57pm On Aug 05, 2012
1st Corinthians 15 vs 15
yes we are found false witness of God because we testify that God raised up Jesus INFACT THE DEAD DO NOT RISE
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by dasparrow: 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2012
Roland17: Mine is Matthew 19:26 which reads "With God all things are possible"

Share urs!!!

I have a couple of them actually. Here they are:

Psalm 9:10
And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Isaiah 43:2
When you have troubles, I am with you. When you cross rivers, you will not be hurt. When you walk through fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not hurt you.

Proverbs 30:5
Every word of God is pure; He is a shield upon them that put their trust in Him
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Liverpoolfc(m): 11:34pm On Aug 05, 2012
1 Timothy 6:6 Godliness with contentment is a great gain. Ecc 9:10 whatsoever your hand findeth to do, do it with all you might. Amos 3:3 can two walk together unless they agree? Lamentation 3:37 who is he that saith, and it come to pass, when the Lord commanded him not? John 1:3 All things were made by him, and without him was not anything made that was made. John 1:4 and the light shineth in darkness and the darkness comphrehended it not. With these, i feel safe and secured. I must nt forget ps 23:1 the lord is my shephard.
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Liverpoolfc(m): 11:42pm On Aug 05, 2012
captain kassa: ECC 10:19 "Money Answereth All Things" wink
money answereth all these things that were listed before vs 19th. Many misquote and misinterprete this verse.
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by francis247(m): 11:44pm On Aug 05, 2012
"And I say onto you, make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; so that when we fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitation". LUKE 16:9
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 05, 2012
.What can you say about
there biblical verses you
little terrorist.
“When you approach a
city to fight against it,
you shall offer it terms of
peace. If it agrees to
make peace with you and
opens to you, then all the
people who are found in
it
shall become your forced
labor and shall serve you.
However, if it does not
make peace with you,
but
makes war against you,
then you shall besiege it.
When the LORD your God
gives it into your hand,
you shall strike all the
men in it with the edge of
the sword. Only the
women and the children
and the animals and all
that is in the city, all its
spoil, you shall take as
booty for yourself; and
you shall use the spoil of
your enemies which the
LORD your God has given
you. Only in the cities of
these peoples that the
LORD your God is giving
you as an inheritance,
you
shall not leave alive
anything that
breathes” (
Deuteronomy 20:10-17).
“Now therefore, kill
every male among the
little ones, and kill every
woman who has known
man intimately. But all the
girls who have not
known
man intimately, spare for
yourselves.” (Numbers
31:17-18).
“Do not think that I
have
come to send peace on
earth. I did not come to
send peace, but a sword.
I
am sent to set a man
against his father, a
daughter against her
mother, and a daughter-
in-law against her
mother-in-
law” (Matthew
10:34-35).
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Dimples316(f): 12:18am On Aug 06, 2012
"A gentle answer turns away wrath but a harsh word stirs it up'. The book of Proverbs not sure what chapter and verse.

Reason Why Its My Favourite
It made me realize how true God's words are. When I was in secondary school SS3 to be precise I took a classmate's bucket to use for washing without her permission, she was one of those chics we would call stingo (i.e stingy, selfish and unwilling to share anything with others.

She came looking for her bucket while I was using it, boy was she ready to breath brimstone and fireangry. She angrily asked who the hell was using her bucket without permission.I quietly and gently said I was the one and would return it when done without even making an apology for taking it in the first place. Surprisingly she just walked away without another word but later told me it was the manner & way in which I answered her that caused her to pause and take a walk.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 06, 2012
Matthew 7:7
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by UDbester(m): 12:51am On Aug 06, 2012
Since i dwellet in d secret place of the most high i shall.................................psalms 91 - end!
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by simdam500(m): 12:54am On Aug 06, 2012
Hence, let no man troublet me cos am carryin d mark of God
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by dallyemmy: 1:41am On Aug 06, 2012
Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by kubusify(f): 2:24am On Aug 06, 2012
isaiah 61vs 7 :For your shame u shall have double and for confusion shall they rejoice in their portion,therefore in their land shall they posses double, everlasting joy shall be to them. Isaiah 54 vs 4 : Fear not for u shall not be ashemed,neither be thou counfounded 4 thou shall not be put 2 shame, for thou shall forget the shame of thy youth and shall not remenber the reproach of thy widowhood anymore

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by oyin01(m): 2:57am On Aug 06, 2012
Act 20vs32. Now i commend to god and to the word of his grace which is abke to build you up and give you an inheritanve that are sanctified
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Kingobodi(m): 6:39am On Aug 06, 2012
I john 4 vs 4 which says ye re of God,little children & ve overcome them because greater is He dat is in u,dan he dat is in d world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Day That Heaven, Earth, And Hell Stood Still / Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With / Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.