Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,393 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates (30248 Views)

Delta State Civil Servive Commission Recruiting, All Field(OND,HND,BSC, etc) / First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 / Acquiring A Degree With Hnd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Taiw(m): 12:04pm On Aug 02, 2012
After seeing the Dangote graduate driver recruitment advert, I said to myself that this man must be silly for disrespecting unemployed graduates in Nigeria. I cant imagine a Bsc or Hnd holder as a truck driver. Well I can only blame our leader for making him run a monopoly market and not providing jobs for our youths. After 4-5yrs in school, you den become a truck driver. Dangote is crazy. Nigeria is decaying gradually.

16 Likes

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by suavebabe(f): 12:16pm On Aug 02, 2012
When I first saw the advert I was like what the fvuk! Graduate truck drivers?
. That's a slap on any graduate that apply for that job. Mtcheww

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 02, 2012
cheesy
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by miteolu(m): 4:14pm On Aug 02, 2012
Cela n'a pas de sens. Ce sont des âneries!

Laissons ces bêtises!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Super1759: 4:16pm On Aug 02, 2012
Chaiii.graduates don suffer be dis
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by GboyegaD(m): 4:17pm On Aug 02, 2012
Taiw: After seeing the Dangote graduate driver recruitment advert, I said to myself that this man must be silly for disrespecting unemployed graduates in Nigeria. I cant imagine a Bsc or Hnd holder as a truck driver. Well I can only blame our leader for making him run a monopoly market and not providing jobs for our youths. After 4-5yrs in school, you den become a truck driver. Dangote is crazy. Nigeria is decaying gradually.

I saw the advert on a friend's wall on FB and I felt it was a joke however, since this is true, it only tells how gullible he is. It is just unfortunate the unemployment situation in Nigeria over the years has gotten worse and people just have to do whatever job they can find.
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by fiftynaira(m): 4:17pm On Aug 02, 2012
miteolu: Cela n'a pas de sens. Ce sont des âneries!

Laissons ces bêtises!
meaning Has this got to do with dangote employing truck drivers??

1 Like

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 02, 2012
some shameless graduates will foolishly apply, y on earth must a man of his status bring down graduates to earth He shd be quest by d senate for dis cool
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by civilserva: 4:21pm On Aug 02, 2012
Vacancy Vacancy Vacancy

My company needs the services of cleaners and gatemen
Applicants must have Bsc First class or HND distinction
Pls apply in person

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by rakumiii(m): 4:22pm On Aug 02, 2012
Unfortunately, some graduates are really going to undersell themselves and apply for these jobs............ Africa's richest man indeed...JOKE
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Goshen360(m): 4:24pm On Aug 02, 2012
See pride in the hearts of some so called "graduates". Which kind book una don read wey another person never read before?I don't mean insult anyway. If you can apply for the job and be employed, why don't you take it for now UNTIL YOU GET A BETTER OFFER TO A BETTER POSITION/FUTURE. A clear picture of pride and despising the days of little beginning. You can even get the job just to save/build capital to start your own business. It doesn't diminish anything from you neither does it subtract anything from your future. As some graduates dey do yanga, some graduates don apply same job chap-chap.

34 Likes

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Sike(m): 4:24pm On Aug 02, 2012
WTF! Wot Nunsense!!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2012
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 02, 2012
chiover: some shameless graduates will foolishly apply, y on earth must a man of his status bring down graduates to earth He shd be quest by d senate for dis cool

Its like u avnt read abt his bckgrnd bfr. He wasn't a degree holder neither was he a hnd holder. So y do u tink he wil gv d Bleep abt bsc/hnd holders. Dis 1 of d disadvantages of guvmnt supportin a monopolistic n capitalist person lyk dangote. Ratatoile Guvment. May Allah see us tru out of dis man made predicaments. Amen

1 Like

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by TheGeneral1(m): 4:27pm On Aug 02, 2012
That's the qualification for the job - take it or leave it!

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Curiouscity(m): 4:30pm On Aug 02, 2012
I just searched to confirm that Dangote is a graduate only to notice he attended Al-Azhar University, Cairo. Can this be true? Or he just lived in Cairo for few years, came back to Nigeria to claim he schooled there? If he is a graduate, he will know the value and that NO University in Nigeria offers truck driving as a course.
Well, I don't blame him. Come October, FG will give him the highest title of the land for 'mocking' Nigerian graduates.

13 Likes

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by andyanders: 4:30pm On Aug 02, 2012
Why you dey blame the man. Dangote go school? An average Nigerian businessman wants t be seen as having a white man even if h/she is a clerk or Nigerian graduate as an employee for ego reasons.
Stupid Aboki
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by CuteTj(m): 4:31pm On Aug 02, 2012
chiover: some shameless graduates will foolishly apply, y on earth must a man of his status bring down graduates to earth He shd be quest by d senate for dis cool
questioned by the senate for what? For offering people employment? Though employing graduates as drivers in Nigeria may be demeaning but how about if the pay is double what an average/fresh graduate earns?

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by NigelEnimJr(m): 4:31pm On Aug 02, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by abbey621(m): 4:31pm On Aug 02, 2012
Pride: The single most killer of success. Most of you say you would rather sit at home and remain jobless than to become a truck driver, I think laziness and ignorance are disturbing most of you. If the job pays well and you have the necessary driving skills then why not? In case most of you haven't noticed, Nigerian Bachelors degrees are mostly useless without some experience or other relevant certifications, working for a company like Dangote is a good way to get your foot in the door, it might actually lead to advancement and a much more gratifying position. Good things come to those who are humble, you'll see graduates and even master degree holders working menial jobs here in yankee because things are rough everywhere and without some working experience, you are likely to be looked upon as a rookie. Thumbs up to Dangote, at least he is creating jobs.

9 Likes

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 02, 2012
I think Dangote has this believe that if Nigerian graduates could drive london cabs,why cant they drive his own trailers too ?

Nigeria is worse than hell-fire. grin grin Anyways, Goodluck to prospective employees. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by hammedkola(m): 4:32pm On Aug 02, 2012
O ye of little faith. Do you think if you apply, that is why you are gonna remain for life?
I think a bird in hand is better than millions in the bush. if you have degree and know how to drive truck, pls don't apply, continue staying at home and let your "ego" get you an earning.

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by BlackBaron: 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2012
As always some graduates are showing they don't deserve to be called graduates.

In the West, degree holders work at McDonalds, retail shops and all. It doesn't mean they have to do it forever unless your ambition is to stick to that. Heck the job you wilfully disparage on here pays more than retail jobs abroad. A vocational job plumbing, mechanics and all certainly pays more than an equivalent part time or non degree jobs abroad. Go figure!

So you'd rather sit on your asses, watch tv and whatever shite you do...

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by joskin: 4:37pm On Aug 02, 2012
What is '' no respect for nigerian graduates''. For London nigerian graduates watch toilet. So wetin, if Dangote wants to give N7.5 million / year wont you do it. GEJ is not ready to provide nothing why not clap for this guy[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by talk2hb1(m): 4:37pm On Aug 02, 2012
Of what value is most graduate certificate to the society in terms of application, most graduate cant transform what they learn in school to real life application. Well people go still apply, when the desirable is available we make the available desirable.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Daunashamed(m): 4:37pm On Aug 02, 2012
May be am no more up to date with recent happenings but has their been any recent accreditation for universities to teach driving?
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by poj(m): 4:37pm On Aug 02, 2012
It would ve been a bit better if were to be anoda kind of driver, even molue. TRUCK driver! Haba those applauding this, can u sincerely encourage your sibling to take up such? May be u thnk it is ordinary pple dt drives truck, u ve to be MAD to drive a truck. U wil sleep on d road, bush, travel at odd hours just to mention few. Prospective applicants gudluck in advance.

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by logo77: 4:38pm On Aug 02, 2012

Please let the guy be. Provided its an opportunity for some guys to earn a decent living. How about our brothers with higher qualifications working as cab drivers and security guards at shopping malls elsewhere.
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by mcnepow(m): 4:39pm On Aug 02, 2012
Viewing this topic: ambrosini593 ( m ), olas2u , AolyElaw , HQ , Wallie ( m ), CuteTj ( m ), cgem , youngladd , razzydiary , vire ( m ), Curious_city ( m ), Olaide09 , SU2011 , blackboi ( m ), ohije ( m ), annajess , Emmzalon , Jaywon242 ( m ), Labyboy ( m ), Awofilip ( m ), waledudu ( m ), poj ( m ), logo77 , odiohamma , ogayellow ( m ), stanco88 , kaysy ( m ), miteolu ( m ), obijack , Simplefemo ( m ), philoe , John311 , ~Bluetooth , keni , lanreskey001 , bankole200 , emydedon , Ogetogeo ( m ), Remmyode ( m ), andyanders , Goshen360 ( m ), stagger , nastykid , jodeci01 , nora544 , Imanuelle , chiover , SIR BANYE ( m ), kellynoah , Chanchit , nne3870 ( f ), Chukseric ( m ), Nigel Enim Jr ( m ), deathmen12 , sofa-dj ( m ), Lomoni13 and 67 guest(s)
No be small thing ooo, thought this would happen in maybe 5yrs time or more and not so soon.
Pleasio, what would career progression on this job be like?? After truck driving for many years, what next? Every employer would soon start asking for an Msc. for trainee positions. This one bad. . .
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Wallie(m): 4:39pm On Aug 02, 2012
What is wrong with a graduate being a truck driver? It all depends on who owns the truck and/or the kind of truck being driven. If I have a loaded trailer that's worth millions of dollars, you better believe that I would want someone with common sense to be the driver!

Even in the US, there are a lot of graduates that drive their own trailer-head (cab) to pick up trailers from manufacturers or loading companies.

For those in the US, next time you see a trailer being pulled, take a look at the driver's door and you would most likely see a different company name than what's on the trailer. The drivers are mostly contractors that own the trailer head. How many non-graduates can pass the CDL exams and also own $100,000 trailer head?

The guy might just be trying to raise the bar and avoid all the negative news about trailers crushing people on the highway!

Moreover, is it not better to be a graduate truck driver than to be an unemployed graduate waiting for the next handout? Nigerians and their misplaced priorities!

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by stagger: 4:40pm On Aug 02, 2012
Taiw: After seeing the Dangote graduate driver recruitment advert, I said to myself that this man must be silly for disrespecting unemployed graduates in Nigeria. I cant imagine a Bsc or Hnd holder as a truck driver. Well I can only blame our leader for making him run a monopoly market and not providing jobs for our youths. After 4-5yrs in school, you den become a truck driver. Dangote is crazy. Nigeria is decaying gradually.

I think you and others voicing the same opinion as you are, should have their heads examined.

A man has opted to drop the number of unemployed youths by giving them gainful employment. Yet some of you who have never paid a kobo to anyone as salary in your lives are talking babash.

What defines the kind of job a graduate should have in today's economy where a country like Spain whose banks can afford to loan Real Madrid money to buy Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka have seen unemployment rise to 25%?

There is dignity in labour, not in staying idle and I can tell you that there are many people who will take up that offer.

How much do banks pay HND holders? N15,000 the last I checked. I am very sure that a truck driver with Dangote will earn MUCH MORE than this. And there will be opportunities to get exposed to the intricacies of the haulage part of the cement business, which will come in very handy if that same individual will be able to buy a truck to start haulage biz later in life.

People should wake up and be realistic. I have met graduates who are bus conductors. I know a bus driver in PH who has only one leg, and rather than go begging like many people in his position, he has taken it upon himself to make himself useful to himself and his family.

You are all witnesses to the unbelievable Kleptomania going on in GEJ's regime. I know many government agencies where people siphon off millions of Naira in out of pocket expenses. Go to a typical government agency in Abuja and see how much is spent on purchase of rice during Christmas season.

Many of you commenting need to come and live and work in Abuja so you are exposed and see for yourself how money is stolen in this country on a daily basis. Some of you do not even know the story behind employment of coaches in NFF. Many of you do not even know how much contractors for some of these programs run by the Presidency collect. You probably do not even know how much money is spent on provision of snacks for meetings in government agencies.

This is money that can be used to provide employment for Nigerian youths. Now someone has taken it upon himself to provide employment for graduates. Some of these graduates you even defend cannot even write a sentence in correct English. I interview many of them in my business weekly.

You guys need to wake up. I for one do not like Dangote's monopolistic way of doing business, but I will salute him on this one.

17 Likes

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by gamesb: 4:40pm On Aug 02, 2012
at least it will sanitize the truck driving industry .
mind u some truck drivers no matter their little or no education can pay salary to a graduate .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff / Tuesdays and Thursdays Guardian Jobs Adverts & Punch Wed Jobs Adverts / 5,000 Rivers State Job: Crowd Storms Secretariat To Submit Application (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.