Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates (30265 Views)

Delta State Civil Servive Commission Recruiting, All Field(OND,HND,BSC, etc) / First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 / Acquiring A Degree With Hnd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by brownlord: 5:34pm On Aug 02, 2012
chiover: some shameless graduates will foolishly apply, y on earth must a man of his status bring down graduates to earth He shd be quest by d senate for dis cool

I think you are mad, so they should sit in the house and wait for manner to fall frm heaven abi, when ur useless pdp led govt. R not ashame of them selves tthey cn only loot and steal witout providin job for ordinary Nigerians, should they go into crime, fraud, kidnapping armed robbery, u open ur stinky mouth to insult them, so wht u want them do? Silly man
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by UDbester(m): 5:34pm On Aug 02, 2012
I am IN! At least i wud be proud to have a B.sc in driving technology
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Shaw007(m): 5:35pm On Aug 02, 2012
D guy is just trying 2 help nahh. . .do u know how many graduates out there going about with useless certificates. . .hez just trying 2 help and besides those saying hez nt creating jobs,dangote is d largest local employer in d whole of africa. . .d rest of d companies are 4rm other countries. . .hez just trying 2 help unemployed graduates,dont mistake his intentions
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Shaw007(m): 5:44pm On Aug 02, 2012
Mehn!! Na wa ooo. . .so ppl can be dis stu.pid and unreasonable. . .so u'd rather sit in yo mama's house eat bread and wait for phcn 2 bring light. . .he probably purposely stated graduates so as 2 reduce d competition and also reduce d unemployment rate in d country. . .i'm seriously shaking mY mo'erfu.cking head for some ppl posting rubbish against d plan. . .haha!!
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 02, 2012
there are alot of illiterate graduates on this forum.... how many people that studied engineering ended up counting money in banks as tellers, do you know the number of graduates who are in the markets selling used clothes..... being a graduate driver, u are well above the average driver on the road. it means u can understand roads signs, you can comprehend when taught, you will know that excess load on your truck will kill your clutch, you will be more careful on the road because you have a lot to live for.
I know graduates who are drivers and earn peanuts, worse even, i know graduates who have been unemployed for years.... so if you still think your days of wiz kid fez cap and tight jeans is still with you, boy the sharp edges of reality is about to bite u in the asss.
BTW, do some research on how much he drops per month..... last time i heard it was about 200k a month..... how many telecoms company pay you that for a start? angry
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Claumy2(m): 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2012
I want to observe that the employer is not to be blamed but the government. I also want to observe that the employer is, may be, trying to salvage the unemployment in this country.
Meanwhile, the job isn't as bad as some NL are taking it; just that in Nigeria we worship certificate other than what the owner of the certificate can offer with respect to the certificate he/she has.
Driving job isn't bad.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 02, 2012
[size=18pt]what would happen to the illiterates driving the trucks angry relegating to street beggars or thieves undecided if truly dantgoat.ay is willing to help graduates he should build new or repair Nigerian Railway system and employ graduates to work there then it would be called Dana-goatay federal railway but aside it is an insult for graduates in nigeria to work as a truck driver ... shocked shocked shocked [/size]
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by brotherlyn(m): 5:53pm On Aug 02, 2012
Costs will be reduced. Accidents should come to an all-time low. Respect for other road users will increase. Entrepreneurial capital will be provided for those with the mindset to run their own business later in life. Experience in the running of haulage business will be sharpened. Mounting bills and expenses will be brought down to a valley. Contributions to the well being of the family is encouraged. Multiplier effect of employment will become noticed. Madness of truck drivers (illiterates) will be caged.

At a time like this, it is a welcome development.

The choice is strictly yours - It is either you go for it or you leave it.
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Rhino5dm: 5:54pm On Aug 02, 2012
If only those yapping here realized the amount of money they stand to make while driving thsee trucks. undecided

I haven't seen any truck driver that couldn't afford thesame type of truck he is driving within a year. Do the maths and tell me how many white collar jobs can fetch you that amount within a year.

sensible folks here will rush and beg for this rear opportunity of raising business capital and becoming their own boss. what da fucck is university degree, when you can't feed yourself with it? The clock is ticking!!!
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 02, 2012
It’s only in Nigeria that you’ll find 25 year olds who’ve have never worked a day in their lives, still eating food from their mamma’s pot yet whose idea of a befitting job is sitting in air conditioned offices pinging. People need to get real and stop this attitude of carrying CVs about doing 25k jobs. There’s dignity in labour and no shame in working hard for your pay.
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Gospelgirl(f): 5:57pm On Aug 02, 2012
kundul: Well it baffles my imagination y u all r one track minded n its soo very obvious u don't ve d brains. Am truelly very sorry dt most of u will miss dis gr8 opputunity cos non of u is putting his/brain 2 work. What I am tryn 2 say is dt dis is surelly d 1st test 2 screen all dos white collar jobs seekers. Let me jst break d ice. D job is nt 4 drivers bt dos dt r humble enuf 2 apply will end seeing wt I mean later. I kn wt am sayin ok n now d choice is up 2 u guyz

Well said!
Was looking @ it from the same angle too.
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Taiw(m): 5:57pm On Aug 02, 2012
<b>Stagger</b>I think you and others voicing the same
opinion as you are, should have their heads
examined.
A man has opted to drop the number of
unemployed youths by giving them gainful
employment. Yet some of you who have
never paid a kobo to anyone as salary in
your lives are talking babash.
What defines the kind of job a graduate
should have in today's economy where a
country like Spain whose banks can afford
to loan Real Madrid money to buy Cristiano
Ronaldo and Kaka have seen unemployment
rise to 25%?
There is dignity in labour, not in staying idle
and I can tell you that there are many
people who will take up that offer.
How much do banks pay HND holders?
N15,000 the last I checked. I am very sure
that a truck driver with Dangote will earn
MUCH MORE than this. And there will be
opportunities to get exposed to the
intricacies of the haulage part of the cement
business, which will come in very handy if
that same individual will be able to buy a
truck to start haulage biz later in life.
People should wake up and be realistic. I
have met graduates who are bus
conductors. I know a bus driver in PH who
has only one leg, and rather than go
begging like many people in his position, he
has taken it upon himself to make himself
useful to himself and his family.
You are all witnesses to the unbelievable
Kleptomania going on in GEJ's regime. I
know many government agencies where
people siphon off millions of Naira in out of
pocket expenses. Go to a typical
government agency in Abuja and see how
much is spent on purchase of rice during
Christmas season.
Many of you commenting need to come and
live and work in Abuja so you are exposed
and see for yourself how money is stolen in
this country on a daily basis. Some of you
do not even know the story behind
employment of coaches in NFF. Many of you
do not even know how much contractors
for some of these programs run by the
Presidency collect. You probably do not
even know how much money is spent on
provision of snacks for meetings in
government agencies.
This is money that can be used to provide
employment for Nigerian youths. Now
someone has taken it upon himself to
provide employment for graduates. Some
of these graduates you even defend cannot
even write a sentence in correct English. I
interview many of them in my business
weekly.
You guys need to wake up. I for one do not
like Dangote's monopolistic way of doing
business, but I will salute him on this one.
you are talking trash man. Is it not dis same Dangote that has forced many Pple out of business by bribing d govt to operate a monopolistic market?a drop-out asking a graduate to drive his trucks nt even cars?yes dere is dignity in labour but can u drive a truck knowing fully well d risk involved in nigerian trucks(one has to be strong n Alwz be high to do dat)?I'm nt sayin Pple Shldnt apply but I'm only shocked about d state of this country.don't even compare a truck driver in d u.s. With a truck driver here.if d person dies nw, is it not fools like u dat will say who send am?we all need to fight for our rights not accepting defeat.u can't even put such in ur cv as work experience cos it doesn't relate to any field at all in case u want to change jobs.
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:59pm On Aug 02, 2012
Since I love driving with many years of experience and an unemployed graduate, I will gladly apply.
I'm not proud at all, if graduates with engineering qualifications can work as marketers in banks, why can't I apply for the position.
I have been seriously looking for this kind of opportunity to learn more about the haulage transportation.
I think in the long run, it will be good transferable skills which will be very beneficial to me.
Guys, we should not despise the days of small beginnings. As fingers are not equal, we can't all work in banks or in the oil industry, a little bit of diversification is required.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Claumy2(m): 6:04pm On Aug 02, 2012
I'm optimistic that if 60% of the drivers in Nigeria are graduate, there would be minimum accident on our roads, there would also be less extortion, intimidation and harassment by the police and other law enforcement agencies on the roads.
There would also be less touting(agbero) on the roads.
In fact, I give thumbs up to this Dangote's initiative.
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by wysenas(m): 6:05pm On Aug 02, 2012
Ebi like say we go begin dey check d meaning of Graduate 4 advance dictionary.wetin concern certificate with job search in nigeria?we dey talk of earning a living and put 4 food 4 table,una dey make choice.tell me,if na UK or US now,una go mind?but una like 2 go obodo oyinbo go wash dead body,push cart,factory worker,no u no fit drive truck 4 here.na wetin dey kill our dream be dis,money dey talk?so if dey pay u as a truck driver,yur pay go dey cry say na truck driver money be dis.we beta wake up 4 naija b4 yeye pride go kill us,so becos u be graduate,u wan fly plane or sail ship abi.una no dey see d Asian tigers?na certificate carry them reach where dey reach today?naija youth we need to wear our thinking cap.iam out of here jor !
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by koolboi(m): 6:10pm On Aug 02, 2012
Graduates wash plates abroad. Adenuga, globacom md was a cab driver abroad years back. If U̶̲̥̅̊ love watching tv and being a dependant don't apply, I'm sure many of you arrogant fools ranting rubish here will prefer a white colar 50k job to a truck driver 200k job. Its your choice

1 Like

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by andyanders: 6:25pm On Aug 02, 2012
In Yankee as you are saying, the system works for you to work as cab driver or truck driver as a graduate or even as a PHD holder. I had many guys we worked in a Restaurant as dish washer who had his masters.

In Nigeria, you cannot do same job considering the state of our roads and insecurity. If he says, Sales Representative.or marketing but must be attached to Truck drivers, one might consider it.Driving Long trailer on this kind of roads we have is like asking you to come and sign your death certificate.

You understand the kind of road network we have in the USA or other EU countries, then we can not compare Nigeria graduates and that of America or EU countries.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by onatisi(m): 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2012
this is the problem with Nigerian youth and all the know todo is to comeon nl and condemn gej , what is wrong in a graduate taking up a driving job and earning good salary , but some Nigerian youths willprefre to spend 500k or above to obtain a visa to go and be a cleaner in usa or London and yet get there to find that there are no jobs there ,w ell the job is not by force i am sure million of intelligent Nigerian youth hat are unemployed have applied instead of wasting their valuable time and years sitting at home commenting on nl and abusing gej
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2012
Do not hate the player, hate the game.

Many of these nowadays useless graduates that bribed their way through school are here complaining. A lot can't even make out anything with their heads.

Hungry nova catch una yet. Stay there to look for "white collar jobs".

This is just the beginning. Next will be asking Cleaners for Masters degree.

Welcome to the 21century Economy.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 02, 2012
And you say make i no do yahoo..
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 02, 2012
Taiw: After seeing the Dangote graduate driver recruitment advert, I said to myself that this man must be silly for disrespecting unemployed graduates in Nigeria. I cant imagine a Bsc or Hnd holder as a truck driver. Well I can only blame our leader for making him run a monopoly market and not providing jobs for our youths. After 4-5yrs in school, you den become a truck driver. Dangote is crazy. Nigeria is decaying gradually.
Will you do it if paid 200k naira per month ? Look, even MSc holders do cab driving in the USA. BSc is basic these days.
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by gator666: 6:30pm On Aug 02, 2012
My company is looking for a cleaner too. Minimum requirement: PhD. Masters Degree holders will be considered too.
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by ayobase(m): 6:31pm On Aug 02, 2012
Curious_city:

Guy, I support U most times, but on this one? No. A graduate can do any work s/he chooses. Most graduates even do manual jobs like masonry, carpentry. I even used my ND to work for 2yrs after my BSc(2-1). But for an employer of semi-skilled labor that does not require a degree to insist that a potential employee must be a graduate is a mockery of highest order. Which university does someone study 'Truck Driving' as a course? How does set skills obtained as a BSc/HND holder improve the duties of a truck driver?
If a truck driver MUST be a graduate, what hope do we have for people who attend driving school for such purposes? How about people who learned other trades or have City&Guild?
My point is he should't have made that a condition for employment. Or maybe, it is just his HR manager that is being psychopathic.

Im sure u are a second degree holder.
First degree is replacing SSCE!
U will soon be seeing advert like this ''Driver needed...qualification:degree holder....''
We should thank God that dangote is not even conditioning the class of degree.....plenty yappings go dey for NL!
Its good he is giving some jobs to start life with.....
Just accept that man the way he is!
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by mbhs139(m): 6:32pm On Aug 02, 2012
Taiw: After seeing the Dangote graduate driver recruitment advert, I said to myself that this man must be silly for disrespecting unemployed graduates in Nigeria. I cant imagine a Bsc or Hnd holder as a truck driver. Well I can only blame our leader for making him run a monopoly market and not providing jobs for our youths. After 4-5yrs in school, you den become a truck driver. Dangote is crazy. Nigeria is decaying gradually.

For your information, you can't be a carb driver in Canada except you are a graduate. By the way, do you know how much each of those trucks cost? So, you expect a business manager to hand a 25million naira truck, bought on loan, to an illiterate?

This clearly shows that you do not even know what you went to do in school in the first place. So, if you were a manager in Dangote, and after securing loans to buy trucks you will then hand it over to 'qwack' drivers, isn't it? By the way, do you know the number of accidents that would've been avoided if some educated drivers had been manning the wheels of these trucks? Come to think of it, what solution do you suggest for the massive unemployment of the country's graduate? Is it where you work that matters or being able to eat from your own sweat?

I pity all of you condeming this action ... try to set up your own business then, abi dem hold huna?
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by crackhouse(m): 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2012
I will rather borrow money & establish a business than going for the truck driver job. Nigerian graduates' name are been drag to the mud/potopoto these days. I am sure the half baked graduates will apply for it.
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by naptu2: 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2012
This is not new. 5 years ago I saw an ad for a vacancy at a dry cleaning firm. They wanted dry cleaners. Only graduates are to apply. I was wondering graduates in what? Laundry technology? But on 2nd thought I realised that being legitimately and gainfully employed is better than sitting @ home or stealing.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2012
koolboi: Graduates wash plates abroad. Adenuga, globacom md was a cab driver abroad years back. If U̶̲̥̅̊ love watching tv and being a dependant don't apply, I'm sure many of you arrogant fools ranting rubish here will prefer a white colar 50k job to a truck driver 200k job. Its your choice

No be argument oga, go do the job, as a billionaire, if he can't offer good things out there, what does he use his cash for? Have his number fixed on forbes list, abegi, what experience can you get from this?
what did you do before? i was a truck driver, okay go and drive again....nonsense...................
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by mbhs139(m): 6:37pm On Aug 02, 2012
Olodostein: Do not hate the player, hate the game.

Many of these nowadays useless graduates that bribed their way through school are here complaining. A lot can't even make out anything with their heads.

Hungry nova catch una yet. Stay there to look for "white collar jobs".

This is just the beginning. Next will be asking Cleaners for Masters degree.

Welcome to the 21century Economy.

Leave them ... dem no dey tell blind man say war don start. Nonsense!

What's the big deal in driving truck with your degree? Does going to school mean we all must work in an AC filled office? You see, that's the worst mentality we bring out of the university whereas we are not taught any skill other than just book book, cramming to pass exam and after exam nothing dey head again.

how many of our graduates can hit the ground running without being trained. Na graduates we get for this country abi just counting the numbers? I hear you!
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by micath09(m): 6:39pm On Aug 02, 2012
Going through all the comments so far, it is appaulling and sad to imagine how nigerian youths thinks. There should be pride in whatever brings you dignity. I was a Second class upper degree holder in accounting before moving to United States, guess what; I took up odd jobs i would never do in Nigeria all because of our pride and our ways of thinking. I joined the Army a year later, but today, i'm proud to choose a career in truck driving. I earned a week, what shell worker will earn in a month and i'm progressively pursuing a law degree. One thing leads into other when you have a vision. Do you guys know that having an experience in truck driving and owning one in Nigeria could earn you fifteen million in a month. My advice to you all is to learn to be productive in anything you do. Education in itself is not a means, but a means to an end. So, it's all about innovation and being industrious, 2/3 of of U.S work force comes from private businesses and not dependence on the government for job. Besides you must be very inteligent to get certified as a CDL driver in America. It entails knowing all the parts, the brake chambers, the air system, correct backing and packing techniques, how the transmission works,proper knowledge of geography and understanding international road signs.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 02, 2012
mbhs139:

For your information, you can't be a carb driver in Canada except you are a graduate. By the way, do you know how much each of those trucks cost? So, you expect a business manager to hand a 25million naira truck, bought on loan, to an illiterate?

This clearly shows that you do not even know what you went to do in school in the first place. So, if you were a manager in Dangote, and after securing loans to buy trucks you will then hand it over to 'qwack' drivers, isn't it? By the way, do you know the number of accidents that would've been avoided if some educated drivers had been manning the wheels of these trucks? Come to think of it, what solution do you suggest for the massive unemployment of the country's graduate? Is it where you work that matters or being able to eat from your own sweat?

I pity all of you condeming this action ... try to set up your own business then, abi dem hold huna?

You are a bastard young man...If nestle built a plant with 4.5billion naira and was able to employ close to about 1,000 graduates, why can't a so called billionaire do the same, how many trucks does he have? How many graduates can he employ? What happens to those who were driving the truck before? what experience can you learn from this? abegi, make una go kill una fucking billionaire wey dey only think of himself. would he let his kid work in a firm as a driver with a B,sc? Would you let your son do that? Go and die abeg

1 Like

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by emsquare(m): 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2012
Imagine!
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 02, 2012
The annoying thing is that some uselles graduates will apply...dangote is an arrogant bastard!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff / Tuesdays and Thursdays Guardian Jobs Adverts & Punch Wed Jobs Adverts / Most Hilarious Interview Conversation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.