Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates (30262 Views)

Delta State Civil Servive Commission Recruiting, All Field(OND,HND,BSC, etc) / First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 / Acquiring A Degree With Hnd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Chanchit: 4:40pm On Aug 02, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I think Dangote has this believe that if Nigerian graduates could drive london cabs,why cant they drive his own trailers too ?

Nigeria is worse than hell-fire. grin grin Anyways, Goodluck to prospective employees. cheesy
Thats it, all the people crying foul here would gladly clean oyinbo office abroad, and i'm sure Dangote will pay well, if u can do it there, u should be able to do it here, and BTW he's not forcing anybody to take the job, maybe he thinks if he employ graduates to drive his trucks, they won't be wreckless as those Aboki that kills innocent people in the name of Dangote...

1 Like

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by remmer56(m): 4:41pm On Aug 02, 2012
Send me the link.. I'll soooooo apply! It takes nothing from me, rather A̶̲̥̅ plus in my wallet.. Would - rather sit at home and check when PHCN takes or brings power!! Bleep those with too much pride, even with A̶̲̥̅ hungry family! If the pay is good, I'll drive 4 sef if possible..

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Curiouscity(m): 4:42pm On Aug 02, 2012
Goshen360: See pride in the hearts of some so called "graduates". Which kind book una don read wey another person never read before?I don't mean insult anyway. If you can apply for the job and be employed, why do you take it for now UNTIL YOU GET A BETTER OFFER TO A BETTER POSITION/FUTURE. A clear picture of pride and despising the days of little beginning. You can even get the job just to save/build capital to start you own business. It doesn't diminish anything from you neither does it subtract anything from your future. As some graduates dey do yanga, some graduates don apply same job chap-chap.

Guy, I support U most times, but on this one? No. A graduate can do any work s/he chooses. Most graduates even do manual jobs like masonry, carpentry. I even used my ND to work for 2yrs after my BSc(2-1). But for an employer of semi-skilled labor that does not require a degree to insist that a potential employee must be a graduate is a mockery of highest order. Which university does someone study 'Truck Driving' as a course? How does set skills obtained as a BSc/HND holder improve the duties of a truck driver?
If a truck driver MUST be a graduate, what hope do we have for people who attend driving school for such purposes? How about people who learned other trades or have City&Guild?
My point is he should't have made that a condition for employment. Or maybe, it is just his HR manager that is being psychopathic.

7 Likes

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Walexz02(m): 4:42pm On Aug 02, 2012
^^
true talkgrin
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by stagger: 4:47pm On Aug 02, 2012
Curious_city:

Guy, I support U most times, but on this one? No. A graduate can do any work s/he chooses. Most graduates even do manual jobs like masonry, carpentry. I even used my ND to work for 2yrs after my BSc(2-1). But for an employer of semi-skilled labor that does not require a degree to insist that a potential employee must be a graduate is a mockery of highest order. Which university does someone study 'Truck Driving' as a course? How does set skills obtained as a BSc/HND holder improve the duties of a truck driver?
If a truck driver MUST be a graduate, what hope do we have for people who attend driving school for such purposes? How about people who learned other trades or have City&Guild?
My point is he should't have made that a condition for employment. Or maybe, it is just his HR manager that is being psychopathic.

Tell a typical truck driver to interpret road signs for you and you will thank God we do not have more road casualties.
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Richsunday4(m): 4:48pm On Aug 02, 2012
I laughed when i saw d advert yesterday.i hv nt gotten any job nw is it a pride nw nt 2 apply as u ppl r saying.
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Curiouscity(m): 4:48pm On Aug 02, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I think Dangote has this believe that if Nigerian graduates could drive london cabs,why cant they drive his own trailers too ?

Nigeria is worse than hell-fire. grin grin Anyways, Goodluck to prospective employees. cheesy

In London and in other western part of the world, do they make as condition for those drivers to be graduates?
You sound like you are very happy with the unemployment situation in this KUNTry. Maybe U are comfortable.
If the statement was he asked for a qualified drivers with good experience/training, and graduates went and he employed graduates, it would have shown he has the sympathy for graduates. But making a BSc/HND a prerequisite is a shame.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by logo77: 4:48pm On Aug 02, 2012
Pride go kill Nigerians something....... Driving a truck to earn a decent wage and roaming the streets in search of job.....which is better?
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 02, 2012
joskin: What is '' no respect for nigerian graduates. For London nigerian graduates watch toilet. So wetin, if Dangote wants to give 7.5 million / year wont you do it. GEJ is not ready to provide nothing why not clap for this guy
well nobody forced those who went to london to 'watch' toilet to do so, 4 god's sakes would he train his own child in the university and then smbdy wil offer the child a job as a gateman all because the employer has money and can pay him whatever? Is so sad

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by joskin: 4:50pm On Aug 02, 2012
nne3870:
well nobody forced those who went to london to 'watch' toilet to do so, 4 god's sakes would he train his own child in the university and then smbdy wil offer the child a job as a gateman all because the employer has money and can pay him whatever? Is so sad

Likewise, Dangote is not forcing anyone to apply. Do you know that with current situation in Naija, thousands of graduates will submit application for this horrible & terrible job
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by kundul: 4:53pm On Aug 02, 2012
Well it baffles my imagination y u all r one track minded n its soo very obvious u don't ve d brains. Am truelly very sorry dt most of u will miss dis gr8 opputunity cos non of u is putting his/brain 2 work. What I am tryn 2 say is dt dis is surelly d 1st test 2 screen all dos white collar jobs seekers. Let me jst break d ice. D job is nt 4 drivers bt dos dt r humble enuf 2 apply will end seeing wt I mean later. I kn wt am sayin ok n now d choice is up 2 u guyz
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 02, 2012
Should young people even drive such trucks??
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 02, 2012
Its so clear u r misguided. I hope u r aware dt at least 70% of Naija graduates in d US & UK do odd jobs to make ends meet? (clean public toilets,work in restaurants,attendants in mortuaries etc),...so wats wrong wit doing an odd job hia in Naija if d pay is right? If a graduate driver in d employ of Dangotes gets between N80-N90k take home per month wud u consider dt an insult to d 4-5yrs u spent in school? Isn't dt better dan to depend on relations 4 daily bread? I av a M.Sc,and am employed (teaching/lecturing),am doing my Ph.D also,....but if I get d chance for dis Dangote training I wud sure grab it. Who knows,....d training cud cum up handy wen I relocate to d USA,....its simply a chance for another stream of income!!!

chiover: some shameless graduates will foolishly apply, y on earth must a man of his status bring down graduates to earth He shd be quest by d senate for dis cool
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Curiouscity(m): 4:58pm On Aug 02, 2012
joskin:

Likewise, Dangote is not forcing anyone to apply. Do you know that with current situation in Naija, thousands of graduates will submit application for this horrible & terrible job

By specifying that they must be graduates makes it forcing. If he advertise for Drivers, then graduates apply which I'am sure they would, that is a different thing. My question again is; Which Nigerian University can I learned Truck Driving or interpretation of road signs?

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by chucky234(m): 5:03pm On Aug 02, 2012
Has driving become part of University curicculum?
Its wrong for them have specifically stated "graduates" as part of the required qualification,graduates who are interested would have happily apply for the training as well.
Not necessarily important if you ask me, just my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by truely: 5:04pm On Aug 02, 2012
It so so absurd to Dangote employing graduates as truck driver....that will show how the nigerian labour market is being disregard because dangote company knows graduates will do anything as a job just to keep body and soul together...trust me the driver will be told to wear suit and nut tie and some papers to sign just to make it look like a white collar job......instead of a common truck driver......nonsense... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by John311: 5:06pm On Aug 02, 2012
aww some people are so Dumb

well i see this as a great opportunity for some graduates who knows what we call LIFE.

people should look at the brighter side don't let pride / ego bring you down..

If you have a Dangote truck driver certificate with your university degree any Haulage company in UK/USA with employ you with no delay.

Think HAULAGE BUSINESS na confirm....
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 02, 2012
...if B.Sc/HND were d minimum entry qualification to join d Nigerian Police,....den u can imagine d quality of policemen we wud av on our streets. I bet a lot of making comments hia don't travel esp by road. Go to a place like Ilaro & environs in Ogun state and take d stats of how many deaths Dangote cement trailers cause on a weekly basis. So if Dangote feels av graduates drive his trailers wud sanitise his haulage business,and he pays a just wage (wit hazard allowance,insurance,pension scheme),it makes sense to apply.
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by seun001(m): 5:08pm On Aug 02, 2012
Which employer will look at your CV and employ you because you have truck driving as experience.c'mon people think.........

You have devalued yourself and you will be stuck in the rat race.

That is how they also gave graduates okada and keke napep to ride/drive and break their heads.

On the other side of the coin,the uneducated and unemployed that actually go for this position are further crowded out by the graduates.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Wallie(m): 5:08pm On Aug 02, 2012
Here are some postings for jobs in the US for companies that "prefer" drivers with college credits.

Personal Driver
Candidate will have completed High School, College degree preferred
http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?APath=2.21.0.0.0&job_did=JHL1YH6JW11D7CKV4KP&IPath=ILKV1Y

CDL B WITH HAZMAT - CITY DELIVERY DRIVER - STERLING, CO
A high school diploma is required although we prefer college credit. No GED's will be accepted.
http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?APath=2.21.0.0.0&job_did=JB70N767SNHRMBBX9D1&IPath=ILKV0C

PART TIME STORE DRIVER
High school diploma or GED required, some college credit preferred.
http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?APath=2.21.0.0.0&job_did=J3H7SJ6BPB9K0Y6JMQV&IPath=ILKV0R
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by seyigiggle: 5:09pm On Aug 02, 2012
dont blame him, he is only trying to create jobs for graduates, besides their salary package can never be the same compared to those illitrates.

less i forget, what about ngos recruiting graduates for position of drivers?
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by hammedkola(m): 5:11pm On Aug 02, 2012
joskin: What is '' no respect for Nigerian graduates''. For London Nigerian graduates watch toilet. So wetin, if Dangote wants to give N7.5 million / year wont you do it. GEJ is not ready to provide nothing why not clap for this guy

Chai...see grammar, my head oh!... grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by fittty(m): 5:12pm On Aug 02, 2012
Oh! So very soon GEJ would set up depts in public Uni For degree in Truck Driving
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by smartusman: 5:16pm On Aug 02, 2012
This will be a bad start for graduates who want to pursue a career in their field. U can imagine an Accounting graduate whose only experience is truck driving,this can affect his/her chances of getting an accounting-related jobs.This is pathetic
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by babaijesha: 5:17pm On Aug 02, 2012
abuayman:
Its like u avnt read abt his bckgrnd bfr. He wasn't a degree holder neither was he a hnd holder. So y do u tink he wil gv d Bleep abt bsc/hnd holders. Dis 1 of d disadvantages of guvmnt supportin a monopolistic n capitalist person lyk dangote. Ratatoile Guvment. May Allah see us tru out of dis man made predicaments. Amen

No degree yet he achieved so much.... let those that have degrees go and start their own personal business and see how far they can go.
Dangote group employ over 11,000 people and yet still employing when Nig coys are laying off workers each day.

This chap started here in Nigeria and survive despite the harsh biz environment.....I dnt like his monopolistic style, but this chap is investing his dough in Nigeria instd of moving same to foreign land. This type of opportunity will take some unemployed graduates off the street.
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 02, 2012
may be dis job is for anybody dat stud transport management, as for me i strongly beliv dat he has made mockry of our certificates by turnin dem to toilet pepa o
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by joskin: 5:19pm On Aug 02, 2012
Curious_city:

By specifying that they must be graduates makes it forcing. If he advertise for Drivers, then graduates apply which I'am sure they would, that is a different thing. My question again is; Which Nigerian University can I learned Truck Driving or interpretation of road signs?

Go to Unilag to study Transportation Management with 5 credit & UTME
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by lumideezle(m): 5:20pm On Aug 02, 2012
Taiw: After seeing the Dangote graduate driver recruitment advert, I said to myself that this man must be silly for disrespecting unemployed graduates in Nigeria. I cant imagine a Bsc or Hnd holder as a truck driver. Well I can only blame our leader for making him run a monopoly market and not providing jobs for our youths. After 4-5yrs in school, you den become a truck driver. Dangote is crazy. Nigeria is decaying gradually.

Oh yee ignorant Graduates you should know that Dangote probably doesent know about this recruitment. Learn 2 seprate d man from his business. No b am publish d vacancy he is only chairman and not the freeking H®. That said u woulkd b suprisedd the number of applications they would get infact the box go full sef. Most of u making noice here have probably applied already

1 Like

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by ayobase(m): 5:26pm On Aug 02, 2012
Goshen360: See pride in the hearts of some so called "graduates". Which kind book una don read wey another person never read before?I don't mean insult anyway. If you can apply for the job and be employed, why don't you take it for now UNTIL YOU GET A BETTER OFFER TO A BETTER POSITION/FUTURE. A clear picture of pride and despising the days of little beginning. You can even get the job just to save/build capital to start your own business. It doesn't diminish anything from you neither does it subtract anything from your future. As some graduates dey do yanga, some graduates don apply same job chap-chap.

Reasonable comment so far.
Rate of accident will even be reduced.
Responsible people driving!
Do these people know the salary involved before catapulting.

U can hate the man, but dont hate is gesture!
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 02, 2012
i knew it would come to this ..nonsense 2002 when lautech first introduced (Transportation Management) what would you manage if not Dangote's Truck mstcheeeeeeeew dangoatay my foot
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by VEE2010(m): 5:28pm On Aug 02, 2012
Honestly speaking, It is very difficult to please a man. You guys out there criticizing Alh. Dangote, can any of you mention atleast one single thing you have done/contributed to the betterment of this country? i guess most of you would have nothing to present. I wonder why you guys are encouraging laziness and pride in a public forum like this. However, I believe, the only way to get things done in a better way is trying to do things differently from conventional. Okay, lets consider this analysis; In the US(America) literacy level is placed at 98%, that is to say that, virtually every American must have gone to school. Does that mean, they don't have Truck drivers there? Lets tell ourselves the truth, the world is moving forward, it is only in the third world that seems nothing is happening. I usually tell people I come in contact with; if you refuse to grow, the world would definitely grow and leave you behind. There will come a time that, if one is not educated, he may likely not find any job. Anyway, I think, the problem is not far fetched from the fact that, people see driving as a job meant for illiterates, to me; it's very far from it. Driving is a noble job in developed places. We need to step up after all, driving entails safety and very lately, virtually every thing is getting computerized. Fellow Nigerians, lets not despise the days of little beginning.
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by UDbester(m): 5:29pm On Aug 02, 2012
Oh my God! This is dream come true! At least i can now become a white coller employee.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff / Tuesdays and Thursdays Guardian Jobs Adverts & Punch Wed Jobs Adverts / Most Hilarious Interview Conversation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.