Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates (30263 Views)

Delta State Civil Servive Commission Recruiting, All Field(OND,HND,BSC, etc) / First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 / Acquiring A Degree With Hnd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Fhemmmy: 12:43am On Aug 03, 2012
I am sure if SHELL organized a job fair for truck drivers, even the master degree holder will stand in the sun for days . . .
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 03, 2012
The CEO and owner of Globacom, Hon. Mike Adenuga became a Taxi driver after he graduated form Northwestern Oklahoma State University. According to Adenuga, he was able to learn that life actually starts from somewhere and he began to save his money for investment from the taxi he was driving. Dangote should be commended for offering the jobs to his fellow citizens. Rome was not built in a day. Young graduates who need jobs should apply and start from somewhere too. Half bread is better than nothing!
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by kobikwelu(m): 12:58am On Aug 03, 2012
Nigerians and their "big mannism"

sit at home and complaiin....other wiser ones are applying "chap chap" grin grin

this man is providing jobs and you are villifying him....
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 1:33am On Aug 03, 2012
Would you rather sit at home when some truck drivers earn N100, 000 per month? Certificate my foot. Does Bill Gates have a certificate? What a loosers' mentality

If this present crop of our youth dont lose this stupid mentality, they have no future. Do u think your parents trained you by avoiding mud?

suavebabe: When I first saw the advert I was like what the fvuk! Graduate truck drivers?
. That's a slap on any graduate that apply for that job. Mtcheww
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 1:40am On Aug 03, 2012
Dont mind our youth with shaded mentality. They feel that since it is Dangote, a fellow Nigerian, they cant stand insulted but they will happily do it for oyibo man. Dont Nigerian graduates drives trucks abroad in search of so called '' Greener Pasture''.

Fhemmmy: I am sure if SHELL organized a job fair for truck drivers, even the master degree holder will stand in the sun for days . . .
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 1:45am On Aug 03, 2012
You are talking. What matters is the cash. If its up to N1m per month, i will consider it this rainy season wey market dull.

M M M: Dangote how much is d salary?
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 1:50am On Aug 03, 2012
Shattap and learn. No be insult. Some cement truck drivers are cement distributors today. Wisen up dull man. We dey the game.

BrutusOj: This is far from pride isue...why must he use HND/B.Sc.as de qualification?it is obvious n glaring he is looking down on Nigeria gaduates....yes,I agree that a grafuate can start from any where but he shudnt av make de requirement for odinary driving a degree or HND...tink twice ma frend,after four or five years in d university n some body tells u that driving is all u can fit for,wud u be happy?
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 2:00am On Aug 03, 2012
The difference between the POOR and the RICH is MENTALITY. While the RICH man does EVERYTHING to get rich, the POOR chooses what to do and remains POOR.

WEALTH is never LUCK.

Why can u drive a truck in Jand but not in Nigeria? You dey look face. Hunger go kill you.

ayox2003: But really, where is the world going? I can bet that some Masters holder would apply for this job (in the meantime) "hiding" their Masters certificate.

In a country like Nigeria where roads are bad and we know how insecure our highways are, this offer is really demeaning. Ha!! If I'm jobless, I can do this job in Yankee or JD. But in Naija, never!

I really praise those who have burned night candles at various universities who have taken the bull by the horn to roll steering wheels in Nigeria. Ah! Where u'd have to create social amenities by urself.

And after this job, what next? No work experience. Nothing. Only if they wanna work for a while to raise funds for business. Its really pathetic!

Frawzey.

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 2:12am On Aug 03, 2012
Last year alone, he ordered 5,000 SINO trucks from China meaning 5,000 driver slots and 5,000 conductor slots. He is the largest single employer of labour in Nigerian private sector. His staff strenght is more than 20,000.

Shaw007: jesus christ guy!! The level of your ignorance is so appalling and annoying i could bash your head in anytime anyday!! Do u think he built a 20billion dollar conglomerat with hs bare hands?? All by himself?? Can you even hear yourself "how many trucks. . .how many can he employ,FYI alioko Dangote has 3000(three thousand) workers in Nigeria alone and this man has 14 other companies all over africa making him d world's richest black man. . .i guess he did it all by himself,he didnt employ ppl. . .silly thing,Gosh you are so annoying!!!!
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by gbomojomo(m): 2:13am On Aug 03, 2012
okpara ugo: The difference between the POOR and the RICH is MENTALITY. While the RICH man does EVERYTHING to get rich, the POOR chooses what to do and remains POOR.

WEALTH is never LUCK.

Why can u drive a truck in Jand but not in Nigeria? You dey look face. Hunger go kill you.

Na wow! my elder brother is a truck driver, he suffered so much to train me so that when I graduate i will get a good job and help the family. But now its like am going to join my brother in the same driving biz. We will be drinking beer together at umunede ,ore and mgbidi. God have mercy
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Fhemmmy: 2:20am On Aug 03, 2012
okpara ugo: Last year alone, he ordered 5,000 SINO trucks from China meaning 5,000 driver slots and 5,000 conductor slots. He is the largest single employer of labour in Nigerian private sector. His staff strenght is more than 20,000.

That is serious and i can bet you anything that some of the people here on this thread insulting the guy are looking right now at how they could apply for the job . . .
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Fhemmmy: 2:22am On Aug 03, 2012
gbomo jomo:
Na wow! my elder brother is a truck driver, he suffered so much to train me so that when I graduate i will get a good job and help the family. But now its like am going to join my brother in the same driving biz. We will be drinking beer together at umunede ,ore and mgbidi. God have mercy

Cos you are a truck driver does not mean you have to drink beer somewhere or do some stuff that are not done by other professionals, it is a thing of the mind . . . there are so many truck drivers that are gentle and very responsible in all they do and how they act.
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Ninilowo(m): 2:34am On Aug 03, 2012
The FOOL is trying to mock graduates since he didnt go to school b4 making his money.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by stkris(m): 3:59am On Aug 03, 2012
Are we talking about the same 'graduates' who can neither write nor express themselves in concise English?
or the same 'graduates' who come to the US, and gladly take full-time jobs wiping poop off a$$es of old white people?

Your pride wouldn't let you take up a trucking job, even though you are hanging on to dear life, as hunger threatens to wipe you off the earth.
I bet when your friend takes up the job, and shows up with a wad of hard earned cash, your pride wouldn't hold you back from BEGGING for some of it. FOOLS.

Look at it this way: Dangote has taken into account the number of unemployed 'graduates' and prioritized their employment into those positions.
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 4:56am On Aug 03, 2012
Goshen360: See pride in the hearts of some so called "graduates". Which kind book una don read wey another person never read before?I don't mean insult anyway. If you can apply for the job and be employed, why don't you take it for now UNTIL YOU GET A BETTER OFFER TO A BETTER POSITION/FUTURE. A clear picture of pride and despising the days of little beginning. You can even get the job just to save/build capital to start your own business. It doesn't diminish anything from you neither does it subtract anything from your future. As some graduates dey do yanga, some graduates don apply same job chap-chap.

Well said!
Do not wait for any govt. 2 create job for U̶̲̥̅̊, U̶̲̥̅̊ just have 2 re-brand urself and create a job for urself.
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by naptu2: 4:58am On Aug 03, 2012
Why are some people saying that Dangote did not go to university? Dangote is from a family of billionaires (the Dantata family). Their patriarch, Al-Hassan Dantata, taught them the value of hard work.

Dangote attended Al Azhar University in Cairo (the oldest university in the world) and studied business studies. Read his family history here https://www.nairaland.com/891985/dantata-dangote-story-how-create
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 5:01am On Aug 03, 2012
IF u hating on the man and his job,then U DEY MADT..i know of soo many graduates earning 12k permonth..I swear,i cried the first day i saw one..I graduated 06 from UNILORIN,my class rep,as brilliant as the guy be didnt smell a job till 09..I was once so desperate to have a job when hunger wanted to tear my flesh and block my nostril,that i had to apply for a cleaner(thank God i never got it).I was at one bastard god forsaken company Jubaili brothers some years back when i was interviewed,I was the best and most qualified of all the candidates(30 something)..The bastard HR manager(God punish her entire generation) was offering to pay me 20k which i accepted(by the fate of hunger)..Now,here is the real gist,I once worked at the Port,I know Dangote drivers so well.The average earns nothing less than 50k plus others on the side..now,tell me how much an average banker earns(DON'T FORGET MOST BANKS EMPLOY ONLY CONTRACT STAFFS NOW,U GOTTA BE EITHER ATIKU'S DAUGHTER OR EXTREMELY LUCKY TO BE PERMANENT STAFF)....my advise to the sensible graduates...DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AT HOME,APPLY FOR THAT JOB,TRUST ME,YOU WOULD GAIN SO MUCH MORE THAN U EVER DID IN UR LIFE...Shikena
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 5:03am On Aug 03, 2012
gbomo jomo:
you are a fool,must u drink beer?why cant u save and give urself a target
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 5:09am On Aug 03, 2012
AN IGBO MAN WILL NEVER EVER REJECT THIS OFFER COS HE SEES OPPORTUNITIES IN ALL THINGS UNLIKE AN AVERAGE YORUBA MAN WHO WILL HESITATE A BIT OR A TYPICALLY LAZY HAUSA MAN WAITING TO BEG ALMS OR READY TO BE RECRUITED INTO BOKO HARAM
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by livingstoneony(m): 5:22am On Aug 03, 2012
G.E.J's fault! angry
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Tinasky: 5:28am On Aug 03, 2012
Taiw: After seeing the Dangote graduate driver recruitment advert, I said to myself that this man must be silly for disrespecting unemployed graduates in Nigeria. I cant imagine a Bsc or Hnd holder as a truck driver. Well I can only blame our leader for making him run a monopoly market and not providing jobs for our youths. After 4-5yrs in school, you den become a truck driver. Dangote is crazy. Nigeria is decaying gradually.
u cant blame the man sir! thats what happens when we all go to school only with the hope of working 4someone to build his dreams.
we all should take responsibility for our lives and not even blame the govt.
find your passion, develop your skill and chase your dreams instead of looking 4jobs here and there
a job should be a means to finance ur dreams and not an end in itself
lets be wise!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by georgesylva(m): 6:47am On Aug 03, 2012
Blame it on our poor eductional infrastructure and bad leadership. Its a shame our graduates are only half baked and truth is many are not good enuff for the kind of jobs available.
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by ayox2003: 7:08am On Aug 03, 2012
okpara ugo: The difference between the POOR and the RICH is MENTALITY. While the RICH man does EVERYTHING to get rich, the POOR chooses what to do and remains POOR.

WEALTH is never LUCK.

Because they are two different cities. I'm presently in London for the Olympics and I will gladly drive a truck. Not in Nigeria! Never! Risking my life on those dungeons u call roads? In the middle of the night? Never!

Job seekers, if u wanna raise funds for ur business ideas, u can take it. But if not, this is not a job u should risk ur lives doing. Instead, move from house to house and tell people u can be a home teacher for their kids. This is summer! Before u know it, u'd be making more money than u think. You might be lucky enough to get a job through the parents of those kids.

Frawzey.
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Acidosis(m): 7:10am On Aug 03, 2012
omg!
Many ''graduates'' here can never be entrepreneurs!

You all are looking at this offer from a wrong direction. This man is a business genius. He has seen the advantage of a literate driver over an illiterate driver. Some of his drivers are careless, some of them drink heavily while driving but an average literate driver won't do that.
Now, when a drunk driver drives a vehicle, so much risk is involved. . .it might lead to death (family) and loss (Dangote and Goods).

Let me remind you all, the main target of any company in the world (government or private) is not Job creation but ''PROFIT''. Dangote is only helping the ''GRADUATES'', he can decide not to even employ Nigerians and I tell you, there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it. .
We're talking business here not charity.
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by ayox2003: 7:21am On Aug 03, 2012
sanniemoe: AN IGBO MAN WILL NEVER EVER REJECT THIS OFFER COS HE SEES OPPORTUNITIES IN ALL THINGS UNLIKE AN AVERAGE YORUBA MAN WHO WILL HESITATE A BIT OR A TYPICALLY LAZY[b] HAUSA MAN WAITING TO BEG ALMS[/b] OR READY TO BE RECRUITED INTO BOKO HARAM

And who created the job? An igbo man? Keep ranting about tribalism! Tell me if Dangote is igbo or hausa.

Frawzey.
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Agiliti(m): 7:24am On Aug 03, 2012
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by naptu2: 7:27am On Aug 03, 2012
Acidosis: omg!
Many ''graduates'' here can never be entrepreneurs!

You all are looking at this offer from a wrong direction. This man is a business genius. He has seen the advantage of a literate driver over an illiterate driver. Some of his drivers are careless, some of them drink heavily while driving but an average literate driver won't do that.
Now, when a drunk driver drives a vehicle, so much risk is involved. . .it might lead to death (family) and loss (Dangote and Goods).

Let me remind you all, the main target of any company in the world (government or private) is not Job creation but ''PROFIT''. Dangote is only helping the ''GRADUATES'', he can decide not to even employ Nigerians and I tell you, there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it. .
We're talking business here not charity.

Precisely. In the last one year we've had many instances of Dangote trucks being involved in unnecessary accidents for which the company has had to pay huge sums in compensation. Probably he believes it would be safer and cheaper (less compensation payments) to hire graduates as truck drivers. This is not about trying to denigrate graduates.
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by Acidosis(m): 7:33am On Aug 03, 2012
naptu2:

Precisely. In the last one year we've had many instances of Dangote trucks being involved in unnecessary accidents for which the company has had to pay huge sums in compensation. Probably he believes it would be safer and cheaper (less compensation payments) to hire graduates as truck drivers. This is not about trying to denigrate graduates.

God bless you for giving a honest reply
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by technokid(m): 8:10am On Aug 03, 2012
Dangote is a very smart man,(he thinks like sherlock holmes in business)he knows and anticipated Nigerian graduate's reaction to the advert.Smart logical graduate should decipher that job advert and rethink,the problem is that the youths are the problem of Nigeria,we r to bleeping shallow.The advert says truck driver,minimum age 25yrs and no driving experience needed .Lets use our head,how possible is it to become a professional truck driver in few months,they are other jobs that engulf truck driving apart from being the driver(but a knowledge of driving wuld be neccessary in case of eventualities).This job advert is a first test for applicants,a test of humility.Every employer wuld prefer a humble employee to a proud one.We shuld applaud dangote 4 his business wisdom in employing humble workers(now i have let d cat out),pls u guys shuldnt apply 4 job,let pple that are humble apply it wuld reduce competition 4 d 2000 jobs available
Re: Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates by umechuma: 8:15am On Aug 03, 2012
Application info for Dangote Truck Drivers Job:

OPPORTUNITIES FOR 2,000 GRADUATE DRIVERS
Join Dangote Transport Super Fleet
Dangote Academy is a centre of excellence for talent development in Dangote Group. It seeks to provide the
talent pipeline for the Group while filling the industrial skill-gap in Nigeria. The Academy has just initiated a project
called, “The Drivers Academy” which aims at recruiting and training 2,000 Nigerian graduates to become
professional heavy vehicle drivers for the newly established Super Fleet of the Group. This initiative will assist to uplift
the operating standards in road transport industry, promote entrepreneurship and open up career opportunities.
Dangote Transport operates an exclusive haulage business to meet the transportation requirement of the group with a
fleet of over 5,000 trucks. Its activities include facilitating transportation of raw materials from the ports to the factories and
the distribution of finished goods to warehouse, depots and customers across the country.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATES
§ Candidates should have a B.Sc., HND, OND or NCE certificate (in any discipline)
§ Not less than 25 years of age
§ Physically fit
§ Responsible and mature
§ No prior driving experience required
BENEFITS
Dangote Academy in partnership with the NITT - Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology, Zaria would offer intensive
training programme to successful candidates on safe and defensive driving, as well as basic vehicle maintenance and
upkeep. Other national road regulatory agencies such as the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) and Federal
Vehicle Inspection Office (FVIO) will collaborate with NITT to deliver a comprehensive training package. On
completion of training, successful candidates would be issued with heavy vehicle driving license and offered
employment in Dangote Tranport.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to jobs@dangote.com within two weeks of this publication. This
information is also available at www.dangote.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gtbank Sacked 142 Staff / Tuesdays and Thursdays Guardian Jobs Adverts & Punch Wed Jobs Adverts / Most Hilarious Interview Conversation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.