Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,053 members, 7,841,985 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss (24791 Views)

Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Odemwingie & Complete Sports Editor Fight On Twitter / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 03, 2012
Enlightened1: @ MOD..... Why keep deleting my post
Because I choose to defend my country and country men??

You have nothing to prove. Nigeria is a better country than Ghana. We shouldn't have to say anything. Let them keep yapping.

If you must, try to communicate your opinions without putting all the country in one box, for the folks on twitter do not represent Ghana, but themselves.
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by jude33084(m): 9:03pm On Aug 03, 2012
omo_to_dun:

I disagree. Nigerians must learn to air out opinions without insulting others. We do that too often. As a proud Nigerian, if someone from Ghana insults me, I'll simply ignore him or her.

We better pass them in anyway. But I will not stoop so low as to engage in a shameful war of words, wherein we insult each other's physical characteristics and history. It is appalling.

Non-Africans are probably in a corner making jest of our division.

ƍöôϑ O̶̲̥̅̊nE̶̲̥̅̊ Bro cool
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by dani1luv: 9:04pm On Aug 03, 2012
omo_to_dun:

I disagree. Nigerians must learn to air out opinions without insulting others. We do that too often. As a proud Nigerian, if someone from Ghana insults me, I'll simply ignore him or her.

We better pass them in anyway. But I will not stoop so low as to engage in a shameful war of words, wherein we insult each other's physical characteristics and history. It is appalling.

Non-Africans are probably in a corner making jest of our division.

So who did I insult in my first post? Am a mod too Sir!
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by jude33084(m): 9:06pm On Aug 03, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

Looks like the Ghanians know a thing or 2 about a certain tribe in Nigeria grin grin grin

Why won't they? Do they they mind their business?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by PetroDolla: 9:06pm On Aug 03, 2012
grin grin grin chei, nigerians and their obsession with anything Ghana. As far as I know, the bball trashing by the US was so colossal that it became a talking point all over cyber space. so why single out Ghanaians? I came across many nationalities,including americans making some cynical and downright insulting comments about nigerians and their basketball team,even on nl. make una leave Ghanaians/Ghana alone ooooh!
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Enlightened1: 9:10pm On Aug 03, 2012
@ Petrodolla...... We might overlook another country insulting or taking a cheap shot at us...... But now your country. Una too small.. Besides why are you on a Nigerian forum?? I know you're Ghanaian!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 03, 2012
No, I am not a Ghanian. I have no problem with folks showing indignation at the ones who posted those thrash on twitter. However to start assailing the whole country of Ghana is puerile and asinine. The Ghanian folks who started this ruckus are merely the fringe elements. Unfortunately, every country has them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Mavor: 9:12pm On Aug 03, 2012
What the hell is it with all these comment censorship here? is this the new nairaland?
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Enlightened1: 9:14pm On Aug 03, 2012
@ Omo_to_dun........ Ok, I am going to lower my guards, but I'll be one the watch out. In the meantime, I am going to another forum to deal with who needs to be dealt with.
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Enlightened1: 9:15pm On Aug 03, 2012
@ Omo_to_dun........ Ok, I am going to lower my guards, but I'll be on the watch out. In the meantime, I am going to another forum to deal with who needs to be dealt with.
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Ideasroole: 9:16pm On Aug 03, 2012
I may not like the way things operate here in Nigeria but I'll never and I mean will never sit and watch or tolerate hating folks denigrate my nation 'unconventionally' either on platforms like this one or face-to-face. Especially from shit-hole nations like ..... Naija till I die!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by dani1luv: 9:16pm On Aug 03, 2012
jude33084:

Τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ Moderator is ∂ Ghanian tongue grin
RoFL.. grin Seun must be a ghaniaian too grin
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by PetroDolla: 9:17pm On Aug 03, 2012
sad ;Dnigeria is a better country than Ghana?
omo_to_dun:

You have nothing to prove. Nigeria is a better country than Ghana. We shouldn't have to say anything. Let them keep yapping.

If you must, try to communicate your opinions without putting all the country in one box, for the folks on twitter do not represent Ghana, but themselves.
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by YoursGEJ(m): 9:22pm On Aug 03, 2012
Fellow Nigerians, I am meeting with my joint chiefs of staff and we're planning to go to war against ghana over their negative tweets about the giant of corruption Africa
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 03, 2012
PetroDolla: sad ;Dnigeria is a better country than Ghana?
Yes my brother, Nigeria is, indeed, a far better country than Ghana.
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Enlightened1: 9:24pm On Aug 03, 2012
@ Nairalanders....... This is a matter of National interest. All those folks that like fighting each other on here. Now, your collective service is needed urgently. Let's take the war to the Ghanian forum. Let's teach those cretins a lesson and put them in the place they rightfully belong.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by PetroDolla: 9:24pm On Aug 03, 2012
Enlightened1: @ Petrodolla...... We might overlook another country insulting or taking a cheap shot at us...... But now your country. Una too small.. Besides why are you on a Nigerian forum?? I know you're Ghanaian!!
of course I'm a Ghanaian, and very,very proud of my Ghanaian heritage. Did I hide my Ghanaian identity before? You know me now. I don't give a fvck! A true Ghanaian warrior!
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by seedord247(m): 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2012
Go to facebook. Theres a group call all africans. You will see the rate of insult pour down on us. Even liberia of all country does not have the guts to insult nigeria let alone sierra leone. shocked
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Enlightened1: 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2012
What brings you to Nairaland? What business do you have here? Don't your country have their own forum? Why you obsessed with Nigerian forum, I guess NL is more fun,informative and exciting than your country forum. That's why you like hovering around like a fly

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by PetroDolla: 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2012
Enlightened1: @ Nairalanders....... This is a matter of National interest. All those folks that like fighting each other on here. Now, your collective service is needed urgently. Let's take the war to the Ghanian forum. Let's teach those cretins a lesson and put them in the place they rightfully belong.
hahahaha you kidding, right? Just forget it. You are no match for Ghanaians,all 180 million. And you don't need to go anywhere. The war will take place right here on nl. Na today? Don't run away when it starts,huh?
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by adamscuti(m): 9:32pm On Aug 03, 2012
PetroDolla: of course I'm a Ghanaian, and very,very proud of my Ghanaian heritage. Did I hide my Ghanaian identity before? You know me now. I don't give a fvck! A true Ghanaian warrior!
hahahahaha i u sure u can defeat an ant? warrior lol
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 03, 2012
What a shame. Smh
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by PetroDolla: 9:35pm On Aug 03, 2012
Enlightened1: What brings you to Nairaland? What business do you have here? Don't your country have their own forum? Why you obsessed with Nigerian forum, I guess NL is more fun,informative and exciting than your country forum. That's why you like hovering around like a fly
hahaha the mention of Ghana brought me here.anywhere Ghana is mentioned on cyber space we'll be there, whether its dollarland, randland or liraland. simplicita!
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Enlightened1: 9:37pm On Aug 03, 2012
@ Petrodolla........ Your country is no match for Lagos, let alone the whole of 9ja....... Na you wan die?
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by PetroDolla: 9:42pm On Aug 03, 2012
adamscuti: hahahahaha i u sure u can defeat an ant? warrior lol
Funny,huh? Hahaaaaaaaaaa I'm not new on nl. I'd been around and some of your folks may have a few pleasant things 2 say about me, abi? Hahahaha
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 03, 2012
Fellow Nigerians, let the 'war' be confined to twitter. Morever, i guess the fellas there were practicing their stand-up skills and was nothing serious. The issue is sometimes, some Ghanaians get too sensitive when they experience a backlash from Nigerians even though they started the problems unlike us that have thick skins and can take stiff jokes. I enjoyed the play of words, but it was just playful banter if you ask me.
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Enlightened1: 9:45pm On Aug 03, 2012
Are you high on banku? Run to where.. I don't blame you at all. Very soon we will teach you guys lesson, don't take our quietness over all the rubbish you guys are doing for our weakness. Your country's cup is soon going to full up, and you guys will be taught a lesson. I can assure you that!!
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Otutu1(m): 9:45pm On Aug 03, 2012
Sorry nigeria
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by PetroDolla: 9:47pm On Aug 03, 2012
Enlightened1: @ Petrodolla........ Your country is no match for Lagos, let alone the whole of 9ja....... Na you wan die?
hahaha very funny. Needless to say your country of 180 million is no match for Tamale. choi
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by safarigirl(f): 9:51pm On Aug 03, 2012
Reading comments here and can't help but lol. On a serious note though, we keep getting attacked, we must have something they don't. Accepted US drilled us, but at least we show face, have they ever achieved that? No, so that's enough to leave us with the smirk between both, innit? No need for senseless trading of words, no matter what happens, everyone knows who the big guns in West Africa is, and to an extent, Africa, save the bullets for more important people.
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Yahoo1(m): 9:51pm On Aug 03, 2012
Lol,ghana beta than Nigeria? No way!,Nigeria beta than Ghana? No way! Ghana beta than zambia? No way...blah blah blah! Do yu tink any country wuld tink the other is better than they are? I wuls always defend Nigeria,but insult and vulgar words aint the way to do it! The fact that anything we do,ghana talks,bad,they talk,good,they talk,it just tells u hw they aree suffering from inferioriy complex! The only people that insults other peoples parents,are those who has no parents themselves! My fellow Nigeria,there is nothing we can do 2 beat someone better than we are other than 2 work hard,and with time we will get there,so even if we throw all d insults in the world,it wont help us,y involve yourself in people you claim 2 be better than in anyway? Remember if you argue with an i****,he/she will drag u down 2 his!her level and beat u with xperience....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

Italy Vs Japan - Confederations Cup (4 - 3) On 19th June 2013 / Goalkeeper David Ospina Discharged From Hospital After Head Collision (Photos) / "BVB Loves Naija" Borussia Dortmund Tweets About Ikpeba, Oliseh And Davido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.