Stats: 3,160,053 members, 7,841,980 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss (24789 Views)

Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Odemwingie & Complete Sports Editor Fight On Twitter / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by dozymars(m): 11:55pm On Aug 03, 2012
The White man developed twitter for stronger networking and socialization, the black man use it to abuse and insult themselves.
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by KokoBeware: 11:58pm On Aug 03, 2012
MORAL LESSONS: its only one country in the world that is allowed to insult Nigeria and anything about Nigeria including our president... and that country is...NIGERIA...
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by oc2fish: 12:01am On Aug 04, 2012
@petroldollar. Pls live this site. You are not a Nigerian. We (Nigerian) can talk to ourselves
but not you. If we abusive our selves it is not for your consumption. Pls once again live this
site. We are Nigerians and your not.
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by SalemLord(m): 12:08am On Aug 04, 2012
The best answer to a fool is quietness. I don't know the day naija will learn, what a shame
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by kemiola89(f): 12:12am On Aug 04, 2012
What's happening on here? This is getting serious! Oga Seun pls come close this thread, seems the mods doesnt know their work.
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Shaw007(m): 12:19am On Aug 04, 2012
Okay whats happening here. . .whatsuPp with dat petrol guy uhn?? D bashing we gave u guys @twitter aint enof right?? U want 2 come and beg us a2nd time is that correct?
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Epalos: 12:32am On Aug 04, 2012
Why are Nigerians going back and fort with ghanaians? this is where ghanaians want to be. They wanted to be be taken head on by Nigerians. The only thing an average ghanaian can be proud of is to take on a Nigerian. I know things are not rosy for us Nigerians right now, but not to the extent of brnging ourselves to the same level as these corn eaters ghanains, or when did you see the good old USA getting down and dirty with canada though they are in the same continent? Please stop guys, don't give them what they want, i.e. riding on your back to find their voice. people who have lived in ghana know this. everything ghanains need to throw on your face is on Nairaland, their own problems are hidden from the the world to keep the food coming,cos ghana, a nation of about 15 million still can't feed itself and I am ashamed when i see Nigerians listening to what ghananians have to say.

Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by tpia5: 12:37am On Aug 04, 2012
Will go through the thread later if its still here!!!!!

Smh.

Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Nobody: 12:40am On Aug 04, 2012
Once again, I'd like to applaud the Nigerians and Ghanians making our continent proud. Both of you have shown the world how we intelligently engage in a civil discourse.

Since this is no longer about Sports, I have moved this thread to the appropriate section. Please, have at it!

Insult each other till you no longer can. Let your anger out. You won't be stopped.

Thank you.
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Shaw007(m): 12:45am On Aug 04, 2012
omo_to_dun: Once again, I'd like to applaud the Nigerians and Ghanians making our continent proud. Both of you have shown the world how we intelligently engage in a civil discourse.

Since this is no longer about Sports, I have moved this thread to the appropriate section. Please, have at it!

Insult each other till you no longer can. Let your anger out. You won't be stopped.

Thank you.
thanks a lot. . .yo petrol boi where u@ man
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Nobody: 12:47am On Aug 04, 2012
omo_to_dun: Once again, I'd like to applaud the Nigerians and Ghanians making our continent proud. Both of you have shown the world how we intelligently engage in a civil discourse.

Thank you.
Tanx Bro. cool
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by tpia5: 12:51am On Aug 04, 2012
Will go through the thread perhaps, since nl seems a bit dry today.
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Tolaaaaannni(f): 1:16am On Aug 04, 2012
But honestly though the rivalry between ghana and nigeria is stu.pid and annoying, considering the fact that ghana and nigeria are the 2 west african countries that have so much in common. This makes me wonder who started it?

Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by SalemLord(m): 1:21am On Aug 04, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: But honestly though the rivalry between ghana and nigeria is stu.pid and annoying, considering the fact that ghana and nigeria are the 2 west african countries that have so much in common. This makes me wonder who started it?

the problem is not who started it but who should have tamed it. Big brother Nigeria in quote or brother Ghana. It all boils down that Nigeria never showed its quality as a model or big brother, but i blame both parties involved i.e Ghana for being too quick to judge and Nigeria for also being to quick to respond.

Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by dasparrow: 2:20am On Aug 04, 2012
ogugua88: Chei. Una have shamed me this day. And this thread has made front page? O chi m. Madness on display for the whole world. Today I'm brandishing my US passport. Make una fight enter gutter if you like. Enemies of progress. God knows I still believe in unity and that all Africans are my brothers and sisters.

I used to reason like you ogugua but not anymore. You see, the internet gives people that anonymity which then encourages people to voice out their innermost feelings and opinions that they would otherwise not state if they were standing face to face with you. It was on this same forum that I found out about all this hatred Africans have for anything Nigerian. Why should I be purnished or treated badly all because I was brought into this world by a married Nigerian couple? Did I choose to be a Nigerian?

I am now very suspicious of other Africans (just as I am suspicious of non African diasporan negros) and can no longer view them as brothers and sisters. Often times, it is people whom we share a thing or two in common with that will plot our greatest downfall. Be careful who you trust because while you are busy seeing other Africans as your brothers and sisters, they are seeing you as a bloody Nigerian and waiting to backstab you. Trust no one in this day and age! If you don't watch your back, you could get hurt.

Lastly, there is no unity amongst the black race and there can never be. The sooner we all get used to this reality, the better for us all. I am a realist and see things for what they truly are.
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by dasparrow: 2:28am On Aug 04, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: But honestly though the rivalry between ghana and nigeria is stu.pid and annoying, considering the fact that ghana and nigeria are the 2 west african countries that have so much in common. This makes me wonder who started it?

@bolded

Apparently, it was the ghanians who went on a twitter mockery spree of Nigerians because they lost to the american basketball team in the olympics. Naturally, some Nigerians chose to retaliate in kind. This whole ghana/africa vs Nigeria thingy is making me weary and distrustful of other Africans now. Often times, it is people that we share a thing or two in common with that will turn out to be our greatest enemy. Trust no one is my new philosophy.
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Litmus: 2:40am On Aug 04, 2012
I have noticed that white people, who have deep, deep hatred and jealousy eating away inside, tend to shrivel up or look like pigs. The same emotions tend to make people of African origin to look short and black. So, if you want to attain the best height and look the most pleasant you can be, given the limitations of you genes, try and think positively. Hatred and jealousy is staining and debilitating, it draws bad karma.

My advice to Nigerians is to wish Ghanaians and other Africans all the best, turn around and look to the front and strive to be the best you can be and extend the hand of help to any Nigerian who is less fortunate than you and that you have the ability to help.
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Litmus: 2:46am On Aug 04, 2012
dasparrow:

@Bolded

Bros, go ahead and do it. If the hatred other Africans have for us is this bad, I would not want them around me much less employing them in my business. That is like asking the wolf to guard the sheep. All eyes should be on deck. If I was in Nigeria, I would have forwarded those tweets to loved ones because this unnecessary hatred is becoming something else. If we hate each other that much as Africans, then everybody should keep to themselves and hateful non Nigerians should be banned from Nigerian forums and social media sites. Shikena!

Lets not forget the lesson of history, divide and rule has always been used against Africans. How are we sure that all the tweets are from Ghanaians and other Africans. Lets not forget that the Far-right exists.

But the point you made remains true, it might be safer if we could ban foreigners from our sites and social media.
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Litmus: 2:55am On Aug 04, 2012
We're no smarter than the Chinese,the Chinese monitor and sensor the Net. Nigeria should copy the Chinese...i personally believe that the internet plaid and is playing a large part in the troubles unfolding in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by onila(f): 3:14am On Aug 04, 2012
dozymars: The White man developed twitter for stronger networking and socialization, the black man use it to abuse and insult themselves.
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss by Afam4eva(m): 5:17am On Aug 04, 2012
Lol na waoo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

Professional UFC Fighter Israel Adesanya Speaks Yoruba During Interview / Italy Vs Japan - Confederations Cup (4 - 3) On 19th June 2013 / Goalkeeper David Ospina Discharged From Hospital After Head Collision (Photos)