Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,317 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking (20784 Views)

Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP / Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate / From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. (2) (3) (4)

Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 05, 2012
gabreel: Fashola want to break the conglomeration,collaboration and multi-lateral fraternity between his govt. And street urshin. But gods are seriously wise and wit. Watch out! The consequential conflagration and the catastrophic bell of deceitfulness and denail that is banging will neva place us in d hand of our enemy and task master. He who have ear,let him hear what d mystic is saying.

Read and carefully listen to yourself and explain if you are making any iota of sense.

I will suggest you get a copy of the recently passed state law on traffic in Lagos..go through it before coming to this forum to join the herd mentality to condemn what you don't have the slightest idea of .

Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by onatisi(m): 2:24pm On Aug 05, 2012
ilugunboy:

Read and carefully listen to yourself and explain if you are making any iota of sense.

I will suggest you get a copy of the recently passed state law on traffic in Lagos..go through it before coming to this forum to join the herd mentality to condemn what you don't have the slightest idea of .
i read and reread that post it made absolutely no sense that was why i asked him what was his point or what was trying to say,he just muddled and bungled everything together.na wah o ,all kinds of ppl dey nairaland o
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 05, 2012
Yea,...PDP party of choice for NURTW (Oyo state under Adedibu,Ladoja & Akala,2003-2011); PDP party of choice for Niger Delta militants and Onitsha bridge head touts.
PDP, party of choice for Beaf

Beaf: Lol!

ACN, party of choice for NURTW.

Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 05, 2012
onatisi:
i read and reread that post it made absolutely no sense that was why i asked him what was his point or what was trying to say,he just muddled and bungled everything together.na wah o ,all kinds of ppl dey nairaland o

Na soo....as no one is charged a cost for posting a comment....

"I must boost my number of comments" mentality.
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by lekkie073(m): 3:16pm On Aug 05, 2012
Dats one tough task. I pray he gets it right sha!
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by jimmayoy: 3:33pm On Aug 05, 2012
I never knew we have so many agberos here in Nairaland.Go to lawanson bus stop,one danfo driver there pays nothing less than #8,000 to agbero in a day there,you call that one union?how do you explain that?this is wickedness and it must not be allowed to continue.sometimes the bus drivers go home empty handed at the end of the day.all those kicking against the ban in this forum are either agbero's or they are benefiting from the activities of the agboro's one way or the other.let those agbero's leave the parks,they are able bodied men and they can work,if they choose to go into armed robbery then its too bad as we have laws and agencies that will take care of that.nurtw should be banned outrightly.they are the cause of high transport fares in lagos,imagine extorting #8,000 from just one bus in a day at lawanson,if you doubt me go to lawanson and interview the bus drivers there.
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by Elueme: 3:48pm On Aug 05, 2012
If this move is to out rightly ban the illegal activities of these Lagos street urchins, then the move should be applauded. But the feeling here is that the gov is providing a cosmetic solution to their menace by restricting their areas of operations to offices which look slightly better than nothing..
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by jimmayoy: 3:53pm On Aug 05, 2012
Good job,let those guys leave the parks,they are thieves and a nuisance.

Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by str8talk1: 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2012
Biggyd2: Who made this group this powerful in the first instance?
the docile, regular, Nigerian commercial vehicle n Okada drivers,
infact 99.9% of Nigerians.
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by baba11(m): 5:37pm On Aug 05, 2012
Atleast,transport fare will be reduced by about 30pcent,eko oni baje oooo!
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by baba11(m): 5:44pm On Aug 05, 2012
Frankie9ice: Yea,...PDP party of choice for NURTW (Oyo state under Adedibu,Ladoja & Akala,2003-2011); PDP party of choice for Niger Delta militants and Onitsha bridge head touts.
PDP, party of choice for Beaf

all those whose views are contrary to this laudable feat obviously are not staying in lagos,had it been that you known lagos very well,you would have spoken better!
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by otus4me(m): 6:04pm On Aug 05, 2012
onatisi:
i think u re suffering from cumulative trauma disorders and ur brain is outdated. All wat u said are brilliant nonsense.
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by fuke(m): 6:05pm On Aug 05, 2012
[/quote]4. antitpiah: Quote Post
[quote]
The levies are not taxes, they are union dues. There is a difference. NURTW like every other union in the state/federation is allowed to collect union dues from their members, no? It is a sort of membership fee, totally different from tax. The membership dues are used to fund the various activities which the union engages in. There are other unions in Nigeria doing exactly what NURTW does. If Fashola wants to ban the NURTW, fine, but, then he has to extend the same arbitrariness to other unions like NUJ, NUT, NLC, NUPENG etc. Lets just ban all unions all together, so the govt can phuck us all in the a/s/s/.[quote

You are right and wrong. Let their members pay their dues to them in their offices.

There are transport unions in Europe and very powerful at that.

Let them go there and learn.

They should get off the roads and stop being nuisance to people.
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by jimmayoy: 6:14pm On Aug 05, 2012
shut up,there's no kickbacks,this is for real,does BRF look like or act like a tout to you? I know you re a tout,the game is up,go get a job.
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by Chillext(m): 6:57pm On Aug 05, 2012
i hate dose NURTW officials, pls dey should be banned foreva
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by Mrchippychappy(m): 7:01pm On Aug 05, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
[size=15pt]of course he's joking . You cannot ban NURTW because NURTW / Agbero is a very strong part of the yoruba culture[/size]
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by muy(m): 7:11pm On Aug 05, 2012
n
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by stupor(m): 9:11pm On Aug 05, 2012
aba.opmgr:
Fashola is Joking, NURTW is Vexing, Tinubu is planning, lagosians are watching... Eko o ni baje o

O baje ti !
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by truetalk4real: 9:32pm On Aug 05, 2012
Nigerians with their senseless question what agbero will be doing when fashola wipe them off d road the y should ask google, fashola u re d best governor so far if we ve u as president of dis country action for too much u better pass dat kick & start Jonathan. Lagosians should be happy with dis new law of agbero they disaster they force drivers to collect money, at least by now most of them should go & learn handwork or look for something meaningful to do & if the y can't survive the y should go back to their home town most of them re not from lagos. Come to think of it if 80% of people struggle & work hard to meet up their needs & I think the y should do d same thing & stop collect money they did not work for. FASHOLA IS WORKING AGBERO IS VEXING AND LAGOSIANS IS HAPPY
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 05, 2012
chucky234: Over the years I keep pondering what the contributions of those miscreants are the development of my darling Lagos,its very clear to me that those guys were just election tools invented by the almighty Tinubu to influence election results in the state.
Nice move by Fashola but not yet time for celebration,let wait for Tinubu and agberos next line of action.

Tinubu did not invent agberos. They were in Lagos before tinubu became the governor. Marwa successfully banned them from all parks. Only for them to resurface after Tinubu became the governor.
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by GreenJ(m): 11:16pm On Aug 05, 2012
saxywale:

Tinubu did not invent agberos. They were in Lagos before tinubu became the governor. Marwa successfully banned them from all parks. Only for them to resurface after Tinubu became the governor.

Yes! Marwa successfully banned them, Tinubu brought them back after he became the governor.

Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by mrperfect(m): 12:35am On Aug 06, 2012
Let see what would happen say 6 months time.
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by ayobase(m): 8:20am On Aug 06, 2012
stillme: I think we need to get things straight. He only banned the method of their operation not their activities. It is impossible to ban the union because they are also one of the sources of revenue to Lagos state. He is only gearing them up toward having a legal way of collecting their dues from commercial buses.

If only and only that o!
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by omosexy1: 10:56am On Aug 06, 2012
I don't care about the membership dues, levies or fees being demanded by NURTW, I am bothered about their activities and the manner at which they conduct themselves. Efficient ways can be adopted by them to collect their fees, rather than pestering the entire people of Lagos. NURTW should go an erect a secretariat where its members can paid their dues. They should vacate the roads, because Lagos roads are not for only commercial drivers.

If I was Fashola, I would flood Lagos with buses through private ventures and management. Erect packs where buses should go and pick up passengers. Criminalize the activities of NURTW such as extortion on the roadside.

A welcome development from the Governor. Fashola should sensitize Lagos and return sanity to Lagos. Imagine the Makoko case and people are busy saying the Governor should allow them to stay. I give that area 10 years and we will have a situation we cannot control. We cannot continue to thrive on illegality and criminality. Eko o ni baje oh
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by blancason: 11:49am On Aug 06, 2012
GreenJ:

Yes! Marwa successfully banned them, Tinubu brought them back after he became the governor.

Wonder why there is so much misconception here on nairaland. Marwa was a f/cking dictator while tinubu was democratic. someone mentioned earlier that he tried to ban them but they went to court...i think he just tried to manage them after that. moreover, if you are not biased and know how state decisions ar made in Lagos, you will know that this particular decision has Tinubu's hands in it....just like the lekki toll. most people are just blinded with hatred for Tinubu that they cant see beyond their nose. Tinubu is actually behind the transformation of Lagos...Fashola is a vessel..this is the fact!
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by jmaine: 12:03pm On Aug 06, 2012
Those agbero boys dey show correct venom for their usual spots today shocked . . .they were even more hostile to absconding drivers cheesy . . . .

Am Hoping this restriction works full time, cos their absence on the road last weekend felt so good grin
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by malikworld: 12:53pm On Aug 06, 2012
Godjone: Yoruba ppl av dia name crest on d guness world record. D first eva 2 introduce agberoo in nigeria. D r thugs and at dsame tym ready tools in the hand of political godfathers. .. Shut da 4k fashola afterall, dey made u who u were 2day. Eko oni ba je o!
u better stop flapping with your mouth if u dont know what to say,is lagos state the only state u have agbero in Nigeria? Go to Edo state theirs is even worse. Agbero is all over Nigeria.
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by naptu2: 1:13pm On Aug 06, 2012
[size=14pt]Lagos Traffic Law: Transporters meet govt Monday[/size]

August 5, 2012 by Leke Baiyewu

Transporters in Lagos State are to meet with the state government over the new traffic law which bars the National Union of Road Transport Workers from collecting tolls from public car parks and bus stops, among other restrictions on Monday (tomorrow).

The state Commissioner for Transportation, Mr. Kayode Opeifa, who disclosed last Friday, had said the union should carry out its daily operations from its office, like other unions.

He explained that the step was based on the report by the Justice Dolapo Akinsanya-led panel in 2008 on the functions of the NURTW.

Opeifa had said, “The report, which was given by the panel, comprises what Lagosians have been saying about the activities of the union: fighting and misuse of parks, collecting money on the roads indiscriminately, stopping passengers, abusing alcohol, among others.”

But, a former Chairman, Road Transport Employers Association of Nigeria, Lagos State Chapter, Bishop Law Edema, who spoke to our correspondent on the telephone on Saturday, said even though he had yet to be briefed about the development, the new state law could not stand.

He said, “What I know is that the Federal Government established the two transport unions, National Union of Road Transport Workers and RTEAN. Whichever law a state makes that is against the federal law will not stand. The state law must bow to the federal law.

The state Chairman, National Union of Road Transport Workers, Lagos State, Mr. Tajudeen Agbede, told SUNDAY PUNCH that he would keep mum on the issue until after a meeting with Opeifa on Monday.

He said, “We have informed the commissioner on our stand and we are meeting him on Monday. Whatever decision we reach will be made known to the public.”

The founder of Oodu’a Peoples Congress, Dr. Frederick Fasehun, however, lauded the government over the new policy, which he said was long overdue to check the menace of transporters in the state.

He said, “The law is right enough and very much in order. If Lagos State does not make laws that will check the menace of the transporters, its economy will just collapse. There is still more to do on the Okada (commercial motorcycles); there should be further checks on their operations because the menace it also constitutes is worrisome.”

Speaking on the barring of the NURTW officials who collect tolls from motorists, he added, “Why do people want to reap where they did not sow? If you ask Lagosians of their reaction to this, 80 to 90 per cent of them will say the step is in order.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-traffic-law-transporters-meet-govt-monday/
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by beautifulmind5: 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2012
take heart friends...............check out facebook.com/beautifulminds5...its trending!
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by antitpiah: 5:00pm On Aug 06, 2012
blancason:

Wonder why there is so much misconception here on nairaland. Marwa was a f/cking dictator while tinubu was democratic. someone mentioned earlier that he tried to ban them but they went to court...i think he just tried to manage them after that. moreover, if you are not biased and know how state decisions ar made in Lagos, you will know that this particular decision has Tinubu's hands in it....just like the lekki toll. most people are just blinded with hatred for Tinubu that they cant see beyond their nose. Tinubu is actually behind the transformation of Lagos...Fashola is a vessel..this is the fact!

I think its the other way round. Life was good with Marwa, it was hellish under Tinubu. Give me Marwa any day any time. God bless Marwa. I hope your Tinubu rots in hell, along with his family and well wishers!

Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by GreenJ(m): 11:21pm On Aug 06, 2012
antitpiah:

I think its the other way round. Life was good with Marwa, it was hellish under Tinubu. Give me Marwa any day any time. God bless Marwa. I hope your Tinubu rots in hell, along with his family and well wishers!

God bless you man, let him speak trash! he must be one of those that just arrived in lag.
Re: NURTW Ban: Fashola Is Joking by naptu2: 6:30am On Aug 07, 2012
[size=14pt]Lagos insists on ban of NURTW[/size]

Written by By Wale Elegbede, Lagos,  

Tuesday, 07 August 2012 00:36

The Lagos State Government has said that there is no going back on the prohibition of activities of the National Union of Road Transport Workers, NURTW, members in bus stops and garages, just as the state government gave a 90-day grace to commercial transport operators in the state to re-register their vehicles.

Disclosing this at a meeting held at Alausa, Ikeja, with the executives of the NURTW, Road Transport Association in Nigeria RTEAN, Motor Cycle Operators Association of Lagos State MOALS, and All Nigerian Auto Bike Commercial Owners and workers Association ANACOWA, the State Commissioner for Transportation Mr. Kayode Opeifa, said the government recognised the need for operators to organise themselves into union but government will not allow members of the unions to collect money from operators on the high way.

Opeifa noted that government will create a new data base to aid easy identification of each owner of the vehicle, driver as well the vehicle conductor, urging the union executive to take full charge of the motor parks rather than convert bus stops into Motor Park thereby constituting traffic gridlock on the roads.

“We recognise the right to organise yourself into union, whatever obligation in terms of dues union members owe should be collected but the way it is collected is what should not continue”, he said.

On the restriction of Okada on some roads, the commissioner appealed to the union leaders to direct their members to comply with the law, adding that members can come together and operate commercial buses in areas where they are restricted in other for them to remain in business.

Opeifa noted that the government has no intention to take anybody off their businesses, asserting that the public demanded for the restriction of their activities from the 475 roads as contained in the law.

In his response, the Lagos State Chairman of NURTW, Mr. Tajudeen Agbede appealed to the government to help them recover some of the parks that have been converted for other uses so as to enable them stay off the road, noting that its members will comply with the law.

On his part, Chairman of MOALS Mr. Tijan Pekis, pleaded for an authorization to enable them compel members to comply with the new Road Traffic Law as it affects its members.

He noted that law enforcement agencies hinder them from taking disciplinary action on members, adding “in most cases, they say we are not the enforcement arm of the law, if we are given the full government backing, you will find out that we would take charge and ensure members comply with the dictates of the law”.

http://nigerianpilot.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4679:lagos-insists-on-ban-of-nurtw&catid=39:africa

Governor Ganduje Rejects Aisha Bello's Resignation As Accountant-General / Buhari Appoints Captain Rabiu Hamisu Yadudu As FAAN MD (Photo) / Resigned Edo Oil And Gas Commissioners Visit Ize-iyamu, Condemn Obaseki

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57