Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? (13398 Views)

Ladies: Can U Kiss Your Boyfriend Early Morning Without Brushing His Mouth / Ever Kissed Someone And Their Mouth Smells? Share Ur Stories. / How Do I Tell Him His Mouth Smells Without Making Him Feel Angry Or Insulted. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by holusola: 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2007
Ever heard of hallitosis?most men that take alcoholic drinks or smoke cigarette suffer from this disease.Usually bad breath comes from the lungs.Also,abuse of antibiotics and other strong drugs can cause it.

I hereby advise that you tell your guy because he might not know,let him start from his toothbrush

1. get a soft jordan brush for him
2.Change his paste,preferably,Macleans
3.get t.c.p for him which he dilutes with warm water and gaggle every day and night or better still listerine mouth wash.
4.let him take plenty water after meals.

;
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by OMUWUNMI: 8:27pm On Dec 21, 2007
holusola:

Ever heard of hallitosis?most men that take alcoholic drinks or smoke cigarette suffer from this disease.Usually bad breath comes from the lungs.Also,abuse of antibiotics and other strong drugs can cause it.

I hereby advise that you tell your guy because he might not know,let him start from his toothbrush

1. get a soft jordan brush for him
2.Change his paste,preferably,Macleans
3.get t.c.p for him which he dilutes with warm water and gaggle every day and night or better still listerine mouth wash.
4.let him take plenty water after meals.

;
dr holusola are you talking from experience or something
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by holythug(m): 7:10am On Dec 22, 2007
D truth is bitter
tellin him might make ur mouth bleed
but so sad for him. . . . b careful when u do
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by deluv(m): 3:49pm On Dec 22, 2007
ha ha ha aha!!! now that's funny,
Now u ask if u should tell him, Yes! if he is ur Boyfriend of Ur Friend or ur Brother, But Know this if u should or must do it 4 ur personel health and well being .
Just take him to coner and tell him in the most friendly way u can think of,
Good Luck.
De luv
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by donforts(m): 6:22pm On Dec 22, 2007
hello, thank whoever at last i have found someone too taalk to smiley
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by janykute: 1:18am On Dec 23, 2007
I"LL SUGGEST YOU GET A BOTTLE OF ACID 4 UR BOYFRIEND INSTEAD OF ALL THIS MOUTHWASH AND TOOTPASTES ,AT LEAST THAT WILL DO THE WORK ONCE AND 4 ALL.GOOD LUCK TO YOU.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by mue2: 1:50am On Dec 23, 2007
IF THIS MO IS TRULY OUT OF HIS CONTROL,I WOULD SUGGEST SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN USED FOR CENTURIES.HOOK HIM UP WITH VODKA TO GAGGLE.THE MO IS GUARANTEED TO GO AWAY BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE VODKA SMELL!

ANYWAYS:

This is a very sensitive topic.Personally i couldn't and wouldn't manage a partner with bad breath.I feel that if you dnt have basic hygiene,then i cannot have an intimate relationship with you-because that would be disgusting.And i cannot start trying to strategise (nice) ways to sort the problem out.i don't have time 4 this and i dnt feel that it is my place to tell you-that wud be best done by someone in your family.MO is a major turn off for me and so relations between myself and such a female wudnt even go past the courtship stage.We would definitely never get into a relationship.

I have always believed that MO is as a result of poor oral hygiene ie not brushing properly or even at all.Brushing properly constitutes of brushing the back and front of your upper and lower sets of teeth,as well as their bases (the parts used to crunch) and your tongue (including the back of it).if you do this and use mouth wash afterwards (twice or even once a day) you should be ok.

i have heard that there are medical conditions (to do with the lungs) that cause BB but generally i see this arguement as a lame excuse! if u brush properly,i believe you shud still be ok-at least relatively.

To all those that suggested that mouth wash should be offered as a solution, i personally feel that this is wrong because mouthwash is not meant to be used as a sole means for oral cleanliness.It is meant to be used to aid brushing,as a supplement.Same goes for chewing gum etc.These things are not meant to replace brushing,they are supplements.If used alone,they can only "mask" the problem,and will only offer short term relief!
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by Bizl4Rizl(m): 2:12pm On Dec 23, 2007
TELL HIM! Plain & simple!
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by Honda29: 10:33pm On Dec 23, 2007
Find a way of telling him. Like "do you usually have garllic in your dinner cause the garllic kind of gives you not too nice breath". You can then explain how much more effective brushing habit and use of mouthwash gives people nice breath. He will respect you in future for pointing that out to him rather than have it embarrass him in the public. Those that have bad breath and even body odour in most cases do not know that they do.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by chillytime: 3:41am On Dec 24, 2007
DAMN! I really loathe people who've got smelly mouths and B.O's. It disgust me. If u live together or u normally visit him try and brush ya teeth n use mouth wash together in d evening & morning. This will get him used to d whole idea.

GOOD LUCK!
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by Don1DeMaco: 6:14pm On Dec 25, 2007
sorry ooo, but im just wondering? how did u end up with a guy that has a smelly mouth in the first place, is it that u had a blocked nose initially b4 u met him or it wasnt smelling then? if it was and u decided to go along with it why allow it to bother u now or is it peer pressure dont worry about them, abeg no disturb the bros o, i guess he has more important things to worry about than a nagging gf complaining about his smelly mouth.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by omuanp(m): 3:36pm On Dec 26, 2007
Don1DeMaco:

sorry ooo, but im just wondering? how did u end up with a guy that has a smelly mouth in the first place, is it that u had a blocked nose initially before u met him or it wasnt smelling then? if it was and u decided to go along with it why allow it to bother u now or is it peer pressure don't worry about them, abeg no disturb the bros o, i guess he has more important things to worry about than a nagging girlfriend complaining about his smelly mouth.

thats too much of a reply!
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by Zeta(m): 7:23am On Dec 27, 2007
sweet sweet @sweetlizzy still sweet even when something bothers genuinely.Just look at it this way.If you tell him the truth about his mouth odour you could have two possible outcomes and both are win win situations.

Outcome 1;he get offended and break the relationship.In this outcome u could get the chance of meeting a much better guy with better mouth odour.A win!!!

Outcome 2;If he loves you genuinely[i mean real love in the classical context,the romeo -juliet kinda thing] he will heed to the criticism and get help.in this you have helped solve his problem and i think in this one the love bond will become stronger.Also a winn
You could send me a reply so that i can know what you think.My email address is efeariaroo4real@yahoo.com
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by nikke: 1:51pm On Dec 27, 2007
pls my dear run for your dear life cos most of mouth odour are inherited dats natural nothing on earth can stop it.i once had a friend like dat just quit him cos i feel bad satying with him cos of the odour.unless the guy promise not to kiss you.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by aeliezer(m): 7:56pm On Dec 27, 2007
God help some of the people who have responded to this topic exhibiting their folly. One thing I know is that there is no perfect human being on earth. The Bible describes man as "worm" Who will not smell? It takes less than 5 minutes of God withdrawing your breath and then the reality of who we are sets in.

If you truly love him, you would ask God to use you has an instrument in his life for him to overcome that. It is a problem that has a solution. In 1 Cor. 13, the Bible says love takes no scores of wrong. If not God wouldn't have sent His precious Son to die for you and I.

So common let us be real here.

The one whose poopoo does not smell should cast the first stone! For your education kindly read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halitosis
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by Busta(f): 8:15pm On Dec 27, 2007
Nice one!
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by afroasian(m): 9:46am On Dec 29, 2007
everybody has mouth odour, its only that the degree varies - partly due to upbringing and general hygiene.

Its not something that cannot be taken care of, Yes, you can tell him his mouth stinks, and let him know you mean no insult, but coz u like him and want the best for him.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by holusola: 2:07am On Dec 30, 2007
Its called allitosis,most guys that are habitual drinkers tend to suffer from this.Also,keeping an imperfect hygiene causes it.

U can help him by getting a jordan soft tooth brush for him,tell him to brush his tongue,also ensure he uses diluted t.c.p to gaggle after brushing in the morning and night.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by xymigrator(m): 3:11pm On Jan 01, 2008
I once had a girl friend in the university who had this terrible MO,I told her straight away that she has bad breath and am going to get her a mouth wash,then i kissed her very well rightafter telling her though she didn't really respond to my kissing but it solved that problem.I made it a routine to brush before bed cos she was staying with me.Now she is works with one of the big banks and the breath problem has been sloved.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by NihilceM: 3:53pm On Jan 01, 2008
Ewwwwwwwwwww!

Smelly mouth, I rebuke you in the name of my health.

Get romantic and help him brush his teeth.

Start with a: "Sweetheart, today I am at your service".
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by theboy0808(m): 11:42pm On Jan 01, 2008
So?! grin grin grin grin
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by seun757: 2:17pm On Jan 02, 2008
hi lizzy. i really feel ur pain. but trust me, bad breath is so so repulsive. it's a bad turn off.u cant bear too long. and if u really really wanna settle down with this guy, u can stylishly without offending him tackle the issue.

start by buying him a new toothbrushg. oral b does nice ones. u can also drop mouthwash or dental floss in his house and after a while enquire abt whether or not he likes them. another style is to drop them in his shopping bag when u go shopping with him.

go girl, tackle it while u can. ignoring the tongue and under it is another cause of bad breath u can talk abt off handedly.

i wish u luck
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by sylvao2000(m): 6:03pm On Jan 02, 2008
so the bobo mouth dey smell well well and you just notice am, am kinda confuse here.
how on earth should a grow up guy mouth smell whithout him noticing it, too bad, l wish l can really help him out

my little advice ( just bear with him but always cover your nose when kissing ok )

But remember they said love is blind why your own love none blind na. smiley
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by Emad(f): 8:39am On Jan 03, 2008
simply buy him tooth paste and a tooth brush on his bday and insist that he uses it
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by Teetams: 6:11pm On Jan 04, 2008
WAHAT YOU SHOULD DO IS VERY SIMPLE, TALK TO HIM AOBUT IT BUT IN A VERY POLITE MANNER.DONT TRY TO PASS SARCASTIC REMARKS ABOUT HIM IN HIS PRESENCE, TALK TO HIM WITH ALL SENSE OF MATURITY.GOOD LUCK!!!!! grin
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by tipsy289(m): 7:36am On Jan 07, 2008
Look just tell him in a polite way.He might think its not true initially but this is the best way for him to know whats wrong and do sumthin bout it
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by Jaydigee(m): 11:46pm On Jan 07, 2008
Haba Revive, (TMI) Too Much Information! Deep Kiss & Sex? Definitely TMI.

My Dear, I don't envy you. It's not as easy as it seems to tell anyone close that their mouth is smelly. U could keep talking about how uncomfortable and distasteful the affliction is and if u do it frequently enough giving make believe instances as basis then he may become sensitized and not want to fall into that category of people that you dislike. He would make a conscious effort to improve. Or you could stank your breath and see how well he takes it. If it's good for the goose, then the gander ought to have some too. Don't you think. Lots of Luck
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by medicgold: 12:56am On Jan 08, 2008
you guys are taalking of tooth brush ,mouth wash and all that . You arejust scratching the

surface. mechanical brushing and apllication of bacreristatic mouth wash does very little in this

chronic disease.

Please tell him to accompany you to see a dentist .Meanwhile arrange with dentist to

examine you first then your man after. You can never know how bruised his ego will be

if you go too frontal.

insist he does not smoke and does not take alcohol

ensure he desist fro taking junk food

let him take alot of water

let him floss his mouth regularly

In the interim when u are conversing give him a little gap and when
you hug put us face on his shoulder with nose taking fresh air behind his head.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by medicgold: 12:59am On Jan 08, 2008
you guys are talking of  tooth brush ,mouth wash and all that . You are just scratching the

surface. mechanical brushing and apllication of bacreriostatic mouth wash does  very little in this

chronic disease.

Please tell him to accompany you to see a dentist .Meanwhile, arrange with the dentist to

examine you first then your man after. You can never know how bruised his ego will be

if you go too frontal.

insist he does not smoke and does not take alcohol

ensure he desist fro taking junk food

let him take alot of water

let him floss his mouth regularly

In the interim when u are conversing give him a little gap and when
you hug put us face on his shoulder with nose taking fresh air behind his head.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by ssRhino: 4:26am On Jan 08, 2008
if your man's mouth smell, you should tell him, but tell him in a good way and at the right time.
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by vanstanzy(m): 11:00am On Jan 10, 2008
is he an orge?no!then tell him and save him a lot of futrue embarassment,period!
Re: His Mouth Smells; Should I Tell Him? by 2dye4(m): 11:23am On Jan 10, 2008
just go on and tell him, u'll save his next girlfriend some trouble!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerian Women In The USA So Easy? / TIME OUT With Naijaboiy And Jennimma - Mr. & Miss NL (live Interview) / Top 10 Adult Movie Watching Countries Rated By Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.