Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,263 members, 7,818,891 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi (12186 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / Sheikh Ahmad Abubakar Gumi’s Communiqué After Rounding Up His Sermon / All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by adaybayor(m): 6:01pm On Aug 13, 2012
spearman:

Those are the words of Hitler not mine. He felt he would have achieved more if Germans were Muslims. I'm coming up with more from the great Turkish leader.

And when did hitler represent islam, use the brain God blessed you with
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by DANILSA(m): 6:04pm On Aug 13, 2012
adaybayor:

Sorry we have nothing to prove to you!!! Its the plain truth.
@ bayo I think u do, this is 21th century and to convert someone then u must be logical, u can convert with sword presently but well calculated logic and evidence. After my friends were murdered in cold blood. Guy bone talk u de naija.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by spearman(m): 6:04pm On Aug 13, 2012
drzed:

My friend, the Israeli weekend has NOTHING (I repeat: NOTHING) to do with their respect for Muslims or Islam. The Jewish weekend just happens to start on Friday, so that they can have their Sabbath on Saturday. The same way some Muslim countries start their weekend on Thursday, they pray Jum'mah on Fridays and resume work Saturday.

OK. Why no Church in Saudi Arabia. Mosque de for Rome o.
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by drzed: 6:08pm On Aug 13, 2012
DANILSA: Guy then it means u have not read my post in this forum. I was born in the north, schooled in the north and presently working in the north. But I did tell u that [b]hausa practice of islam is called extremism, they read the quran with 13th century understanding while the yorubas will read with the 21st century understanding. Mind u, I know much about islam. If a yoruba man tells me islam is peaceful then I have no doubt [/b]because his father might be a christian, mother a muslim, Bro a hindu, sis a
Buddist and him a pagan, they will still eat in one pot. If u are bold enough try it in ur family and see if ur mother or father will not stab u to death. I stand to be corrected.

Fine. In that case, you need to separate your argument. Make a distinction between 'Hausa muslims' and Muslims in general.
Since when did the Hausa's become the S.I. unit of Islam anyway?
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by spearman(m): 6:09pm On Aug 13, 2012
adaybayor:

And when did hitler represent islam, use the brain God blessed you with

Your man said christians killed 6 million Jews. The architect of the genocide holds christianity in disdain for its meekness and a great admirer of Islams violent nature.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by 9jii(m): 6:10pm On Aug 13, 2012
[/color]
drzed:

Is that so?

I suppose your social studies or history syllabus did not cover the spread of Christianity in the dark/middle ages? Ever heard of the Crusades? Oh, no, that was just a picnic excursion by some unruly boy's scouts to bully a few old men in the Middle East, right? For your information, there were NINE different crusades starting from 1095 until 1272 AD. That is 300 years of incessant Christian warfare, each of which had the blessings and financial support of the Church headed by the Popes of those days. Where blood-thirsty and gullible poor Europeans were led by their knights and Kings to wage war, plunder (and yes, rape) people in the name of Christ. No be me talk am! Na Fact! There is no excuse not to know your own history today. Google it!

What happened to turning the other cheek? Or was the Christianity of those days different from today's own? Let us not start swapping numbers on which religion killed the most historically, cos it is an argument you wont win.

Also Google this phrase: "history of christian violence" - without the quotation marks, and get some facts right.

And before you start quoting the Qur'an out of context, remember it was your bible which quoted Jesus (AS) as saying: "I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword" (Gospel of Matthew 10:34)" Google it too and see how your Church has struggled with this verse for centuries. Let me not even dwell into the old testament because some of the violence there is real 'hardcore stuff' rated (18+).

Now do all these bloody historical facts actually make Christianity a violent religion? Personally, I believe not... although there have always been LOADS of violent-prone Christians since the days of antiquity. Muslims dont tend to judge a religion by the action of its adherents. I wish I could say the same for Christians....

Meanwhile, the same explanation or logic you may bring to defend the Matthew 10:34 verse is the same type of explanation/logic a Muslim will use to defend similar verses you are likely to bring from the Qur'an.
[color=#000099]
drzed:

Is that so?

I suppose your social studies or history syllabus did not cover the spread of Christianity in the dark/middle ages? Ever heard of the Crusades? Oh, no, that was just a picnic excursion by some unruly boy's scouts to bully a few old men in the Middle East, right? For your information, there were NINE different crusades starting from 1095 until 1272 AD. That is 300 years of incessant Christian warfare, each of which had the blessings and financial support of the Church headed by the Popes of those days. Where blood-thirsty and gullible poor Europeans were led by their knights and Kings to wage war, plunder (and yes, rape) people in the name of Christ. No be me talk am! Na Fact! There is no excuse not to know your own history today. Google it!

What happened to turning the other cheek? Or was the Christianity of those days different from today's own? Let us not start swapping numbers on which religion killed the most historically, cos it is an argument you wont win.

Also Google this phrase: "history of christian violence" - without the quotation marks, and get some facts right.

And before you start quoting the Qur'an out of context, remember it was your bible which quoted Jesus (AS) as saying: "I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword" (Gospel of Matthew 10:34)" Google it too and see how your Church has struggled with this verse for centuries. Let me not even dwell into the old testament because some of the violence there is real 'hardcore stuff' rated (18+).

Now do all these bloody historical facts actually make Christianity a violent religion? Personally, I believe not... although there have always been LOADS of violent-prone Christians since the days of antiquity. Muslims dont tend to judge a religion by the action of its adherents. I wish I could say the same for Christians....

Meanwhile, the same explanation or logic you may bring to defend the Matthew 10:34 verse is the same type of explanation/logic a Muslim will use to defend similar verses you are likely to bring from the Qur'an.
[quote author=drzed]

Is that so?

Now I know many people here are too busy to say rubbish about islam,they don't even have the time for their own WAY.they alwayz believ in what they like to believe about islam.
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by drzed: 6:15pm On Aug 13, 2012
xpensivethony: idiot what is there to read when the truth is ovious,even the self proclamed prophet mohammed(urine be upon him)died of food poison from some women he kidnapped from his last war...slowpoke ask those uselex things you call immans and you will know more....

Na so the truth dey pain you? So tey you cannot compose a decent sentence without insulting me, my prophet or my religion.

Carry on. I wont insult you or your religion, because that will be descending down to your level. And unlike you, I dread the DAY when I am summoned by the Almighty to give account of every thing I say or do. But you (whether you are aware or not) shall also give account of every word you say, (and all your actions) right from your grave and until the day of judgement (bi-iznillah). Oh, I forgot: you are 100% sure of going to heaven grin

1 Like

Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by 9jii(m): 6:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
spearman:

Saudi Arabia or makkah?huh!
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by christ4mi(f): 6:19pm On Aug 13, 2012
blank: So, why were people arrested in Kano for not fasting?

Foolish bitch are they Muslims?
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by DANILSA(m): 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2012
drzed:

Fine. In that case, you need to separate your argument. Make a distinction between 'Hausa muslims' and Muslims in general.
Since when did the Hausa's become the S.I. unit of Islam anyway?
Guy they are not, But as far as Naija is concern they are the S.I. Unit because they claim to be more holy and closer to Allah than Others, and they represent the face of islam in Naija. I rest my case.
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by ben4reel: 6:23pm On Aug 13, 2012
drzed:

No. Muslims dont need to work hard to prove jack!

The difference between we Muslims and you Christians is that you take every bad action of any Muslim as being representative of Islam. We muslims do not generalise the bad actions of some Christians as representative of Christianity. Otherwise we Muslims would blame each and every Christian for:

1). The killing of 6 million Jews and 20 Million Russians by Adolf Hitler - with the connivance of German (and some say papal)Church
2). The massacre of millions of native North American Indians by land-hungry European Christians
3). The murdering of millions of native South Americans by the Spanish Conquistadors
4). The byatch-slapping of presumed witches by your pastors, especially those in Nigeria;
5). The molestation of kids by your 'holy' preachers, especially of the Catholic kind.
6)._________________________(Anyone can fill in the blanks here)....
7)....And list more here.
8].......... And even more here.

We Muslims do not generalise. We know that not all Christians are bad, just as we acknowledge that there are bad Muslims among us. So what is the difference between us? Well, you may not believe in what we believe; you may not like or tolerate us, but we judge each and every one of you according to his words and his deeds. The truth is that we KNOW about you because we were told (and warned) about you in the Glorious Quran. But for you, we on the other hand remain a mystery, an enigma, and unknown phenomenon which you love to hate. Simply because you refuse to even 'consider' making an attempt to know us.

Learn to separate a religion (yes, including Christianity) from its practitioners. The former may be ideal, the latter is definitely not, due to human tendency to err.

A little research about what Islam truly means and what a true Muslim is really like, cannot surely hurt you, will it? But no, most of you would rather believe CNN or what others tell you. For crying out loud: READ!

ps: The very first word revealed in the Glorious Qur'an happened to be 'READ'.

^In every society, there are both bad and good people and religion is supposed to be an instrument with which to correct the wrong attitudes and disposition of the bad people in the society.
But when boko haram as an Islamic sect, goes to a christian church to kill as many people as they like and then come out to tell the whole world that their action is based on the instruction of their holy book (Quran chapter 9v29), Should we then blame the christians if they become wary of the Islamic religion?
Besides, the German and other incidence you sited were ocassioned largely by the delusional belief in racial superiority and not necessarily by religious belief. Perhaps, you may wish to tell me where Aldof Hitler is quoted as saying he was inspired by certain scriptural verse in the Bible to kill the Jews in Germany.

2 Likes

Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by drzed: 6:30pm On Aug 13, 2012
spearman:

Just because there is a mosque in Rome does not mean there must be one in Saudi. Our perception of holiness is NOT the same. Respect that.

Even our perception of God is not the same. Our's is One, Unique, Almighty, Who begets not, nor was He begotten. And there is NONE comparable to HIM (Q: 114, vs. 1-4). Your's is a God usually sub-divided into three, depending on the denomination or type of Bible one subscribes to. One of them died and was resurrected....and so on. Can you see that we ARE different?

Besides, there are places of worship in Saudi Arabia for Christians. Admittedly, not buildings specifically designed and operated as churches, but places of Christian worship, nonetheless. Go to Saudi-Aramco website, (or any large Saudi organisation with Christians) find any Christian member of staff, send him email to verify whether they can worship or not.

Religion is not a tit4tat thing. At least, that is not how we Muslims view it.
Lakum deenakum, wa liyad deen. (you have your religion, we have ours).
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by drzed: 6:39pm On Aug 13, 2012
ben4reel:
^In every society, there are both bad and good people and religion is supposed to be an instrument with which to correct the wrong attitudes and disposition of the bad people in the society.
But when boko haram as an Islamic sect, goes to a christian church to kill as many people as they like and then come out to tell the whole world that their action is based on the instruction of their holy book (Quran chapter 9v29), Should we then blame the christians if they become wary of the Islamic religion?
Besides, the German and other incidence you sited were ocassioned largely by the delusional belief in racial superiority and not necessarily by religious belief. Perhaps, you may wish to tell me where Aldof Hitler is quoted as saying he was inspired by certain scriptural verse in the Bible to kill the Jews in Germany.

If we start this Adolf Hitler argument, e nor go end until 2013.

Next thing now, you will ask me to quote where the Popes who ruled between 1095 until 1272 AD told their Kings (of Europe), their Knights and foot soldiers that they should wage the Crusade for 300 years abi? Or that I should quote which verse of the Bible commanded them to do so, abi? What matters is that they committed all these atrocities and used the Church and Christianity actively in the process.

No vex, broda. I dey fast abeg. I nor get time for long tori. Google all the details yourself.

In summary: calling God, does not make someone Godly. Same argument applies to Boko Haram. There actions are unislamic and no true muslim will ever defend the killing of innocent people. Do you KNOW the Islamic consequence of murder? (Hint: it is NOT turn the other cheek).
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by IleIfe2(m): 6:55pm On Aug 13, 2012
[size=13pt]Nigger Please!![/size]
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by bakila: 6:56pm On Aug 13, 2012
Series22: my guy, u d mind dis hypocrites? Na make e b say him talk. Gumi is 4rm shia islamic sect. Detained in saudi 4 terrorism. Wen d senior Gumi was alive, wen eva he preaches in kaduna dey must b riot in that town. Dis guys are terrorists.
Shiek Gumi, preaching at Sultan Bello Mosque Shia. Seek knowledge before you comment even if its an anonymous forum.
You post is pregnant with hate and ignorance.
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by drzed: 6:59pm On Aug 13, 2012
DANILSA: Guy they are not, But as far as Naija is concern they are the S.I. Unit because they claim to be more holy and closer to Allah than Others, and they represent the face of islam in Naija. I rest my case.

So if you (DAMILSA) claim that you are smarter than Albert Einstein, must I take it as the gospel truth? SMH.

You see, my brother, your problem is that you only want to believe what is convenient for you to believe. The Hausa's are a scapegoat for you to conveniently stereotype Islam in Nigeria. You remind of some oyibos who view all Nigerians with the lens of corruption or 419-scams. Is that a true representation of Nigerians?

For your information, Islam is more than just Hausas. Neither they nor the Arabs (or even Saudi Arabs in particular) must be taken as the yardstick for evaluating Islam. Did I shock you there? Let me repeat: Not even the Arabs are a yard stick for Islam. They (Arabs) were fortunate and blessed that the prophet (pbuh) came from within their ranks, and that their Saudi counterparts of today are fortunate to host the 2 holy mosques of Islam. That is as far as it goes.

A Muslim is ONLY better than another one in PIETY and in PIETY only. So a Hausa or an Arab muslim is not superior to a Yoruba or Igala Muslim or a new convert from the Island of Fernando Po ... except to the extent in which they love/fear/worship/obey and are otherwise close to Allah (SWT).

May Allah guide us all.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by airfinance(m): 6:59pm On Aug 13, 2012
Series22: my friend, u try, but wen d so called christians u mentioned wants 2 cary out dia killings, do they say they are doing it 4 Jesus christ? But mohammd(s.a.w) kild 4 allah, dan fodio kild 4 allah, bokoharam kils 4 allah, al qaeda, e.t.c kils 4 allah (I knw say if u get oportunity, u too go wan kil 4 allah). Christians dat kils pple do it 4 their own wickdnes and not 4 jesus. E.g hitler, taylor, MEND, e.t.c.
2ndly, christians that kils knw in their hart dat hell is dia last destination, but muslims bliv in 72 virgns here-after. My guy, u don c d difrence ba?
Ramadam kareem!
You are definately a fool. You have no idea of wht yu are talking about.where did you hear about that if you kill you wld be rewarded with Virgins?pls stop distroying the image of islam ok nothing of such in islam. May the lord forrgive you. Idiot
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by deols(f): 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2012
Centinno01: Who is fooling who?

The mind of an average nairaland christian-> whenever boko haram(less than 1% of Nigerian Muslims) talk, it is the truth and when every other Muslim talks, they are lying.

Now, give it a thought. who truly is fooling who?
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by ben4reel: 7:16pm On Aug 13, 2012
drzed:

If we start this Adolf Hitler argument, e nor go end until 2013.

Next thing now, you will ask me to quote where the Popes who ruled between 1095 until 1272 AD told their Kings (of Europe), their Knights and foot soldiers that they should wage the Crusade for 300 years abi? Or that I should quote which verse of the Bible commanded them to do so, abi? What matters is that they committed all these atrocities and used the Church and Christianity actively in the process.

No vex, broda. I dey fast abeg. I nor get time for long tori. Google all the details yourself.

In summary: calling God, does not make someone Godly. Same argument applies to Boko Haram. There actions are unislamic and no true muslim will ever defend the killing of innocent people. Do you KNOW the Islamic consequence of murder? (Hint: it is NOT turn the other cheek).

^I was hoping you where going to say boko haram are not learned in the things of Islam and sloppily say they quoted Quran 9v29 out of context.....the usual vague submission by some, but you disappointed me by admiting that it's okay to kill as indicated by your write-up in bold letters.
Food for thought for you: If it's okay to kill, even if done in obedience to the mosaic principle of an-eye-for-an-eye, don't you think such action will leave the whole world blind, someday?

1 Like

Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by Redstone(m): 7:19pm On Aug 13, 2012
LG mini Laptop.
1gig RAM, 250 HDD, Windows 7 starter, webcam, Bluetooth, 1.6GHz CPU speed, Intel Atom 270. Battery life 4 hours.

Price: 35K or nearest offer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEC LaVia laptop. strong and rugged. Fresh from UK, still clean.

Configuration.

Screen: 14.1 inches ultra clear screen
CPU speed: 1.2Ghz
Ram: 800M RAM
Processor: Intel Celeron M.
Hard disk space: 40Gig
Graphic by ATI.
4 USB ports.
CD ROM/writer
Battery life approximately 1hr 30mins.
-------------------------------------------------

Drop your emails to receive pictures of his laptop or call 0805 951 9000. I could't upload the pictures now.

Going for 30K now,only one left. Call now
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by BetaThings: 7:29pm On Aug 13, 2012
Series22: my friend, u try, but wen d so called christians u mentioned wants 2 cary out dia killings, do they say they are doing it 4 Jesus christ? But mohammd(s.a.w) kild 4 allah, dan fodio kild 4 allah, bokoharam kils 4 allah, al qaeda, e.t.c kils 4 allah (I knw say if u get oportunity, u too go wan kil 4 allah). Christians dat kils pple do it 4 their own wickdnes and not 4 jesus. E.g hitler, taylor, MEND, e.t.c.
2ndly, christians that kils knw in their hart dat hell is dia last destination, but muslims bliv in 72 virgns here-after. My guy, u don c d difrence ba?
Ramadam kareem!

To whose glory was the Battle of Lepanto fought by the Pope?
The Wars of Religion was waged in whose name?
Whose favour was sought when the St Bartolomews Day Massacre was carried out
Whose name was to be uplifted by the inquisition and crusades

Or are you telling me the Church acts in Satan's cause?

We know there have been extremists since the time of the Prophet (PBUH) and he refuted them
People who vowed to fast all day long and pray the entire night thought they were doing it for Allah. The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) told them they were out of the limits of Islam

Were the Prophet (PBUH) alive, he would have denounced BH. Yes, the Prophet (PBUH) fought, but has there been any christian country that did not fight back upon being attacked. Islam is practical - muslims defend themselves because that is human nature
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by Sundiks(m): 7:35pm On Aug 13, 2012
My 9ja brothers & sisters,either what Gunmi said is what he practised or not,all what he said is the best to hear from a LEADER. If this is how IBB,ATIKu,EL-rufai,Buhari and others has been doing since the beginning of this BH saga,things could have changed. Let's join handz to clear off this bad image. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by BetaThings: 7:38pm On Aug 13, 2012
spearman:
You are DEAD WRONG. Hitler blamed chritianity for not killing more Jews and conqureing the world. Hitler ADMIRED Islam a LOT.

Adolf Hitler
"You see, it's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn't we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion too would have been more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?"

"Had Charles Martel not been victorious at Poitiers -already, you see, the world had already fallen into the hands of the Jews, so gutless a thing Christianity! -then we should in all probability have been converted to Mohammedanism, that cult which glorifies the heroism and which opens up the seventh Heaven to the bold warrior alone. Then the Germanic races would have conquered the world. Christianity alone prevented them from doing so"

Admired indeed!
You have to understand propaganda
Having goaded his soldiers to murder innocent souls, how does he charge his soldiers to massacre more people - by drawing inference from a religion his soldiers knew virtually anything about
Were Hitler a muslim who listened to Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) he would not have murdered children, women and the aged
If you doubt, go and read up the story of Khalid ibn Walid. Khalid,a new convert, continued killing people who had stopped fighting (even after Khalid Had been warned by the people who had embraced Islam earlier). The others, right there on the war front, called on Allah to see that they were not part of Khalid's actions
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by waice6571: 7:38pm On Aug 13, 2012
[quote author=drzed]

No. Muslims dont need to work hard to prove jack!

The difference between we Muslims and you Christians is that you take every bad action of any Muslim as being representative of Islam. We muslims do not generalise the bad actions of some Christians as representative of Christianity. Otherwise we Muslims would blame each and every Christian for:

1). The killing of 6 million Jews and 20 Million Russians by Adolf Hitler - with the connivance of German (and some say papal)Church
2). The massacre of millions of native North American Indians by land-hungry European Christians
3). The murdering of millions of native South Americans by the Spanish Conquistadors
4). The byatch-slapping of presumed witches by your pastors, especially those in Nigeria;
5). The molestation of kids by your 'holy' preachers, especially of the Catholic kind.
6)._________________________(Anyone can fill in the blanks here)....
7)....And list more here.
8].......... And even more here.

We Muslims do not generalise. We know that not all Christians are bad, just as we acknowledge that there are bad Muslims among us. So what is the difference between us? Well, you may not believe in what we believe; you may not like or tolerate us, but we judge each and every one of you according to his words and his deeds. The truth is that we KNOW about you because we were told (and warned) about you in the Glorious Quran. But for you, we on the other hand remain a mystery, an enigma, and unknown phenomenon which you love to hate. Simply because you refuse to even 'consider' making an attempt to know us.

Learn to separate a religion (yes, including Christianity) from its practitioners. The former may be ideal, the latter is definitely not, due to human tendency to err.

A little research about what Islam truly means and what a true Muslim is really like, cannot surely hurt you, will it? But no, most of you would rather believe CNN or what others tell you. For crying out loud: READ!

ps: The very first word revealed in the Glorious Qur'an happened to be 'READ'.

[/que]
too much talking, too many lies
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by drzed: 7:54pm On Aug 13, 2012
ben4reel:
^I was hoping you where going to say boko haram are not learned in the things of Islam [/b]and sloppily say they quoted Quran 9v29 out of context.....the usual vague submission by some, but you disappointed me by admiting that it's okay to kill as indicated by your write-up in bold letters.
Food for thought for you: If it's okay to kill, even if done in obedience to the mosaic principle of [b]an-eye-for-an-eye, don't you think such action will leave the whole world blind
, someday?

First of all, dont ever use Boko Haraam as the S.I. unit of Muslims. Study Islam, if you have the chance (and the guts to know the truth) and see for yourself. As for quoting out of context...why should the verse (Q 9:29) not be seen in its right context? Wont you agree that "I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword" (Gospel of Matthew 10:34)" can be used out of context to say Jesus (pbuh) is not the so-called prince of peace but a sword-wielding war-monger? (may God forgive me, for even thinking such thots).

Secondly, you are trying to use your biased logic, (laced with the words of Mahatma Gandhi) to rationalise or appraise Islam. And please dont twist my words: I clearly stated MURDER, not just any killing because there is 'lawful' killing (e.g. after conviction or during war). So, there is a huge difference. If someone came and killed my father, I would be inclined (and quite right) to ask for their trial and proportional punishment, but I would also consider Quran 42:40 whose meaning implies "The reward of evil is the evil thereof, but whosoever forgives and makes amends, his reward is upon Allah". So you see, Allah gave us the right to respond when we are wronged, but He (the Most Merciful, Most Generous) has promised us betterment if we forgive AND even make amends. Beautiful. Another verse says (Quran 24:22) "...Let them forgive and overlook. Do you not wish that Allah forgives you? Indeed Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful". Finally, as narrated in an authentic Hadith by Bukhari "When Allah completed the creation, He (Allah) wrote over His Throne: My Mercy overcomes My Anger".

It is in this same vein that I always forgive those who throw insults on me either virtually on Nairaland or physically in Naijaland. Not that I cannot respond. And not that by responding, I would have sinned. It is just better to forgive...and make amends.

Nevertheless, it is easier said than done when the issue or crime is say murder, as an example. That is why in Islam, the right to seek a just and equal compensation is extended to whomsoever wishes to exercise that right. Does Islam believe in capital punishment, yes it does. So do many states in the USA. But we are not here to compare Islam with the USA.

So when we say Islam is a religion of peace, you must understand that such peace is based on Justice. Without justice, any peace is artificial and unsustainable. In case of offence like murder, justice (and then peace) will come if the offended elect to forgive - and like the Qur'an said, follow it up by making amends (much better for them here and in the hereafter)...BUT justice can also be achieved by exacting retribution in equal measure.

I hope this creates better understanding and respect amongst us.
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by EFFRAKATA: 8:08pm On Aug 13, 2012
[quote author=waice6571][/quote]

Mr.man sharrap there!
Who told u Adolf Hitler was a christian? All ur points were baseless. U need to carry out more research on who christians are? Better get ur brain-washed islamic brain examined. Bloody terrorist. Mshhhhh!
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by drzed: 8:09pm On Aug 13, 2012
waice6571: too much talking, too many lies

EFFRAKATA: Mr.man sharrap there!
Who told u Adolf Hitler was a christian? All ur points were baseless. U need to carry out more research on who christians are? Better get ur brain-washed islamic brain examined. Bloody terrorist. Mshhhhh!

Disprove them please. Show us evidence that these are all lies/baseless.

The truth is burning holes into your heart. I dare you to dissociate Christianity from items 1 to 5. Go ahead, try. We dey wait...

Pope John Paul apologised for the Church's role in Nazi atrocities. Fact. There are countless images on the internet of Hitler with Church leaders before and during WWII. (Hint: use Google..... wait, no need: the pictures are even here in Nairaland). But like I said, we do not associate Christianity with these vices committed by people on behalf of/in the name of Christianity. Not even the Crusades, not child molestation by Priests. If some of you (Nigerian) Christians in particular can extend the same kind of courtesy to us (Muslims) as per Boko Haram, this country stands a better chance at peace and unity.
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by BetaThings: 8:13pm On Aug 13, 2012
EFFRAKATA:

Mr.man sharrap there!

Does that mean that a christian is one who uses this type of language?

EFFRAKATA:
sharrap
get ur brain-washed islamic brain examined. Bloody terrorist. Mshhhhh!
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by amosy007: 8:20pm On Aug 13, 2012
drzed:

Just because there is a mosque in Rome does not mean there must be one in Saudi. Our perception of holiness is NOT the same. Respect that.

Even our perception of God is not the same. Our's is One, Unique, Almighty, Who begets not, nor was He begotten. And there is NONE comparable to HIM (Q: 114, vs. 1-4). Your's is a God usually sub-divided into three, depending on the denomination or type of Bible one subscribes to. One of them died and was resurrected....and so on. Can you see that we ARE different?

Besides, there are places of worship in Saudi Arabia for Christians. Admittedly, not buildings specifically designed and operated as churches, but places of Christian worship, nonetheless. Go to Saudi-Aramco website, (or any large Saudi organisation with Christians) find any Christian member of staff, send him email to verify whether they can worship or not.

Religion is not a tit4tat thing. At least, that is not how we Muslims view it.
Lakum deenakum, wa liyad deen. (you have your religion, we have ours).

i dnt have much bandwidth to go into arguement..
Buh i must say this b4 me internet trip off *you nailed it man* ur comment is clean and factual *thumbs up*
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by idris4r83(m): 8:22pm On Aug 13, 2012
I don't know why some christians love hating ISLAM. Please can any christian tell me what is wrong in this mans sermon? A person is openly condemning terrorism and some fools are still condemning this man. Please, Gods religion is not something to joke with, let's start respecting our religions. If you don't respect other persons religion tell me how people will respect yours.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? / Soldiers Watch As Eid-Al-Fitr Prayers In Borno Holds. PICS / "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.