Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,695 members, 7,831,167 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? (9241 Views)

Bankers are very Fake and Stingy!!! living a borrowed lifestyle,ladies beware! / A Guy Flirts With Adidas Online Assistant (Hilarious Snapshot) / 10 Ways To Spot Chronic Female Flirts On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by oziomatv(m): 1:23pm On Dec 24, 2007
And Akatarians na dem flirt pass,
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by pinkkie(f): 3:16pm On Dec 24, 2007
to be frank most nigerian men are flirts so this is not an issue of being a banker or not.at least am a banker and i dont think i am a flirt.why dont u also look at it from the angle that this girls are cheap themselves.
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by saucekid(m): 3:33pm On Dec 24, 2007
welcome to the party grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by hubgirl(f): 8:39pm On Dec 24, 2007
bankers are dickheads tongue; some weeks ago i was asked out by one banker in IBTC he seemed nice n gentle and he claimed to be single but i turned him down. a few days later i was at a church progaram and i saw him there with his WIFE!! they were recieving a couple's certificate for their revival service! i was soo iritated!
even when i pass through oceanic bank, the guys start flirting and showing off as if am supposed to be tripped! <**hiss**>
anyways i thank God i always had a bad opinion of male bankers; saying No to them is very easy! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by bebe2007(m): 2:01am On Dec 25, 2007
To be honest i did not read this post before posting mine in the careers forum. I hate this topic but i just have to comment. Why in God's name do Bankers think they are special i would really like you bankers in the house to answer the question. A lot of you got into the banking industry cuz you could not get jobs in other industries or fields, so why are you guys acting like God' gift to humanity when you happened to be there for the money only.someone in the house tried differentiating bank staff from bankers. My question is this; who cares the person even likened them to lawyers. Please for your own good, never make that mistake again. The legal profession is about the only noble profession in the country today, when you try to liken us with bankers, you insult the profession, so please liken yourselves with traders in idumota (lol) You might make more money now and all that but remember, money is not everything.

Most of the nairalanders who live abroad have expressed their surprise to such behaviours by bankers. Its only the Nigerian Banking industry that is different. people who live abroad are not used to such nonsense. Bankers are conservative, hardworking people over there, most times faceless cuz people go to the banks for business and thats it. But here in naija, they call it banking but we all know that they have not really started the real deal, they have time to toast or admire females when they walk into a branch. check out the way they dress to work, its all too much, whats the occassion peeps. Whats with all the flambouyance!!!!
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by Finecat(m): 2:14am On Dec 25, 2007
From what i have seen, most of these bankers earn the equivalent of what cashiers at a restaurant in the USA earns. Why would i want to work in a place that gives me no other life other than work from su-up to sun-set. Even restaurant workers here don't work that long and they make the same.
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by redsun(m): 6:43am On Dec 25, 2007
Flirting is part and parcel of human nature,it is a way of showing ones beauty,confidence,conquest and enthusiasm for life,but be careful and sincere.That is one good thing about polygamy,openess,take or leave it,but for the offsprings.Even prostitutes have loved ones.Love is trust and truth.
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by redsun(m): 7:28am On Dec 25, 2007
What actually made us diffrent from bonobo chimps?we think we are refined,but still, nature prevails.Be truthful.
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by f6(m): 1:25pm On Dec 25, 2007
@redsun, you can testify to this .but we don't accord them the title of 'bankers' here, ,i just see them as cashiers man, besides u don't even need a university degree to work in a bank, all you need is experience in which ever role you apply for and thats all, the banking halls are not even that extravagant , more or less like shops, these banks here are not meant for all forms of transactions hence ther loadsa cash machines every where, i reckon i havn't seen anywer pple blagg so much about working in a bank except in naija, well it's the enviroment that allows it because of the huge diffrenc in income, whereas alot of the menial jobs still eventually pay a lot more here,
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by redsun(m): 7:51pm On Dec 25, 2007
Why not?In place where so many people are jobless and suffering,having a good and secured job is a tremendous advantage,not in comparison with the real world,but the standard of the country,it is like a one eye king in the country of the blind and you f6 or what,i don't get you.
Women are becoming independent in nigeria,with education and relatively good income,thus more security,more confidence and more daring,that is the way it is,freedom,the more independent you are,the more choices you have,it is no longer the days of full time house wife or girlfriend depending on the man for even a bar of soap
Knowledge is power.
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by gracebaby: 2:11pm On Dec 27, 2007
If u understand the write-up, answer it and stop all this English wahala. No be our language. Bankers, what do u have to say?
Are u guys no not flirter?
Why collect number?
Hw do u do ur marketing?
Why not dress like a banker when go for marketing?
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by thirdi(m): 2:38pm On Dec 27, 2007
Am a Banker and am not prejudiced towards those that have chosen my profession or out of it, but it really gives me grave concern when people wear banker’s collars as flirts. Something about it is not just right. Generalization and ‘bunching’ together is like slave trade. Saying that all blacks are monkeys and have tails and should not be treated as humans.

In every society you go to there is bound to be a mix of people of different characterizations. The Telecom, private sector and oil companies are no exceptions. But for the truth to be said I have noticed that a lot of girls get carried away by the kind of figures most Bankers reel out in front of those gold diggers that make them act like leeches in pursuit of essential blood.

And the guys just do what they have termed chop and clean mouth.

Am not one of them. grin

Thank you all do have a lovely day.
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by luka: 3:21pm On Dec 27, 2007
Finecat:

From what i have seen, most of these bankers earn the equivalent of what cashiers at a restaurant in the USA earns. Why would i want to work in a place that gives me no other life other than work from su-up to sun-set. Even restaurant workers here don't work that long and they make the same.

That's nice but how many cashiers in any of Nigeria's restaurant earn what an entry level person in a bank earns.

bebe2007:

To be honest i did not read this post before posting mine in the careers forum. I hate this topic but i just have to comment. Why in God's name do Bankers think they are special i would really like you bankers in the house to answer the question. A lot of you got into the banking industry because you could not get jobs in other industries or fields, so why are you guys acting like God' gift to humanity when you happened to be there for the money only.someone in the house tried differentiating bank staff from bankers. My question is this; who cares the person even likened them to lawyers. Please for your own good, never make that mistake again. The legal profession is about the only noble profession in the country today, when you try to liken us with bankers, you insult the profession, so please liken yourselves with traders in idumota (lol) You might make more money now and all that but remember, money is not everything.

Most of the nairalanders who live abroad have expressed their surprise to such behaviours by bankers. Its only the Nigerian Banking industry that is different. people who live abroad are not used to such nonsense. Bankers are conservative, hardworking people over there, most times faceless because people go to the banks for business and thats it. But here in naija, they call it banking but we all know that they have not really started the real deal, they have time to toast or admire females when they walk into a branch. check out the way they dress to work, its all too much, whats the occassion peeps. Whats with all the flambouyance!!!!

Noble my foot. Bloody liars and cheats

Let me put it this way, those of you who don't put on a pair of suit everyday, just put on one that you look smart on and see if people will give a wink or not. Who do you blame but the cheap ladies who make the flirting job easy by giving you a nice look.

And for those who think bankers are flamboyant by wearing well tailored suits than you too should try putting on some oversize/undersize clothes.

I conlude by saying that flirting is a thing of the mind be you a banker, doctor, teacher, engineer or the most noble of lawyers.
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by 2gd: 8:07pm On Dec 27, 2007
@topic:BECAUSE they are,
One annoying guy at my bank was always stressing me out, I always tried to be polite yet firm, In my mind I was always like, 'when will this one get d hint?'one day , I jokingly asked him: 'How is ur wife? ' ,he said she was fine,
I was so irritated, maybe he thinks that all girls should fall head over heels, cos he's a banker in an ugly suit, abegiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii,
In fact I find d guy very annoying and, sorry to say, unattractive;yet,with the way he carries himself ,it's obvious he thinks he's so fine and he's god's gift to all the women in the world,
May God forgive me for saying this: but he doesnt even speak good English.

@topic poster: I hope I have been able to convince you and not confuse you!
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by bebe2007(m): 9:38pm On Dec 27, 2007
@luka

Lawyers are liars!!!!!! you sound very ignorant. Did you go to school at all. You share the same view wih illitrates in the market.
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by sabak: 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2007
bankers and bank wokers seem to have become endangered species in Nigeria. the negative passion with which people talk about the industry and its employees, professional or not is frightening. i begin to get this feeling that theres a lot of envy that is mixed in the whole stuff. i wonder what banking or working in a bank has got to do with flirting.

you need to know what the disposition of the average Nigerian lady or girl is to people who can pay there bills. i guess its just because banks are all comers zone, and so its easy to build an impression that is baseless.

people who earn money in Nigeria and appear to be comfortable , not even rich are in incredible demand by the the female folk. and aside from employees in the oil industry which actually dwarfs all others, no other industry pays as much as the banking industry, not even the telecoms industry that a few people have suggested .

so the tendency is for a security man in a bank , to be at advantage over a security man in a cement factory to ladies.
with due apologies to the few decent ladies who still exist, we must all agree that the activities of your hopeless sisters has put the rest of you in unenviable positions.

as a youth corper, i saw Nigerian university graduates having sex on the bare field with recruits of the Nigerian army for a promise to influence their postings for primary assignments. so when next a security man or a cashier in a bank tries to make a pass at you in spite of your status, understand that its because someone like you had fallen for him because of his pay package so he is emboldened to try again

if you go to portharcourt or ever lived there, you will agree with me that the average portharcourt girl is considered stupid if she is dating a bank employee. this is because there is a preponderance of oil workers whose earning capacity dwarfs that of the banker.

so please banking is not the issue the issue is purchasing power, which women in Nigeria have reduced the relationship or sex factor to. enough of the banker/bankworker-battery, lets face facts
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by rosquare(m): 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2007
@sabak
God bless you a thousand and one times.
its the first time its coming to my notice that
people have this wrong impression of bankers.
if we are complaining about the way bankers dress,
then they should tell doctors not to wear their labcoats,
and lawyers not to put on their wigs,
wher on earth did nigerians get this mentality of
not minding their own business and negativity.
cant we be positive for once and c the good in peole?

@ladies in the house
its your choice to think whatever you want about bankers
just save us the justification.

@2gd
are you saying that no other married man has asked you out except this
banker guy?

@f6
"u don't even need a university degree to work in a bank, all you need is experience in which ever role you apply for and thats all", where the hell did you get this from?
do you have to tell lies in order to prove your point?

you that give us a break plsssss

big ups to the bankers in the house,
we'll keep moving forward and upwards
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by 2gd: 9:16pm On Dec 28, 2007
@rosquare.
i'm not saying that, i was just answering the question asked by the topic poster,
my sister also once worj\ked in a bank, (she's worked in different places), yet she used to complain about the womanizing habits she saw in most male staff in the bank, why didnt she complain about the guys at other places where she has worked?
besides.she's d kinda person who doesnt talk much, but instead silently observes, so for her to have complained about it , it MUST HAV BN REALLY BAD.
I'M NOT SAYING guys in other professions do not flirt, no, just think there is this ' virus' that eats into guys once they get employed at banks, it's like an unspoken rule, u must b a womanizer, lol hahahahha
jokes aside, bank staff, dia own too much ABEG!
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by kamlawal(m): 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2007
I don't think bankers are flirt. they only give u what u asked for through your action  tongue
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by 2gd: 7:46pm On Dec 29, 2007
@kamlawal:
hmmmmmmmmm , u honestly blv all ladies are flirted wit cos 'dy asked for it?'
, u sound like a male chauvunist,
i think u are.
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by f6(m): 11:18am On Dec 30, 2007
@rosquare, i wasn't talking about the nigerian banking scene,, i presume you live in the U.K. I live with a mate whose only gone to college but with 8months working experience in face-to-face customer service, previously worked The Cobra Group, he's just 19 & currently works for RBS(royal bank of scotland), of course!!! without a degree, even in naija, most banks still use OND holders at the counters, , so what are you talking about?
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by hollandis(f): 12:19pm On Dec 30, 2007
bebe2007:

To be honest i did not read this post before posting mine in the careers forum. I hate this topic but i just have to comment. Why in God's name do Bankers think they are special i would really like you bankers in the house to answer the question. A lot of you got into the banking industry because you could not get jobs in other industries or fields, so why are you guys acting like God' gift to humanity when you happened to be there for the money only.someone in the house tried differentiating bank staff from bankers. My question is this; who cares the person even likened them to lawyers. Please for your own good, never make that mistake again. The legal profession is about the only noble profession in the country today, when you try to liken us with bankers, you insult the profession, so please liken yourselves with traders in idumota (lol) You might make more money now and all that but remember, money is not everything.

Most of the nairalanders who live abroad have expressed their surprise to such behaviours by bankers. Its only the Nigerian Banking industry that is different. people who live abroad are not used to such nonsense. Bankers are conservative, hardworking people over there, most times faceless because people go to the banks for business and thats it. But here in naija, they call it banking but we all know that they have not really started the real deal, they have time to toast or admire females when they walk into a branch. check out the way they dress to work, its all too much, whats the occassion peeps. Whats with all the flambouyance!!!!

grin Easy baby
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by ewons1(m): 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2007
well i think it all boils down to d individual.i quite agree that most bankers are flirt reason been that they think they have the change to throw around and funny enuf,there will always be willing and easy virtue types to spend it on.but what pisses me off most is that married one are also involved in this.may God 4give them.
this goes out to all responsible bankers to pls keep it up.u migt not know it but some one out there is watching and learnig from u including the very daughters of eve that do disturb.
god bless ya all,
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by HYBRIDX(m): 10:04am On Dec 31, 2007
@EVERY "banker hater" on this thread

. . , . uhmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! i smell something . . . . . yep!! i smell BEEF . . . whats the deal fellas why are u guys beefing bankers now?. . . . .u all acting like sisi's . . . . . . has any banker snatched ur gurl? . . . . if so,take heart son ur time will come . . . . shit happens . . . . poiticians flirt,engineers flirt,oil workers flirt anybody and everybody flirts. . . . . . .

as i pointed out on my last post flirting is irrespective of profession,i have this friend that works with one big oil company in lagos. , this guy is a grade "a" casanova . . babes take turn with this guy(when this gurls jam for this guy house dem no they fight oh!!!themm go just bone each other and wait for dem turn ) . .so bros quit hating on "bankers" ,ok some posters dey vex say we bankers no fit write english,bros haba,no be by english oh!!!! na by the BAR . .if u fit write all the grammar make u go join oil company now?. . . . .bros ,e no easy

am a banker and most of the time babes flirt with me so easily jeessssssssss . . . . .u wont belive what this chics do just to geta date . . . . .its none of my business if she is some other guys gurl. . . . .nah!!!!!!!!!

bros,its like an ECOSYSTEM or better still a FOOD CHAIN where we probably have the politicians on TOP and bankers will probably fall somewhere in the middle while u "banker/playa haters" will definately be at the bottom . . . . , lol . . . . . .rubbish, . . . . . . if u lost ur gurl to a banker,dude get over it . . . . or take a swim in the lagoon . . . . . hahahahahahahahahahahaaaa
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by luka: 1:34pm On Dec 31, 2007
bebe2007:

@luka

Lawyers are liars!!!!!! you sound very ignorant. Did you go to school at all. You share the same view wih illitrates in the market.

I have checked all available sources and could not find any that confirms that the spelling of illiterate has changed.
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by darqly(m): 8:11pm On Dec 31, 2007
There's so much hate here, and lots of envy, but the thing is bankers don't earn that much when compared to the oil industry, and I should know cos I see their salaries every month. I find that what excites the ladies is the SUIT, lets face it, some of us do look good in that uniform!
Then there are those that swear that we can't ever be broke cos we see cash everyday, like it's ours, and we can just dip our hands in whenever we feel the urge.
So,even if you're just the cashier, the ladies think you're a hotshot and if you play your cards right, you just might get laid. But that's for brothers that like an easy lay every now and then, like the poster, who I think is very idle, very lazy or just plain un-professional on the job.Learn to seperate your job from your fantasies and remember that the ladies are first of all CUSTOMERS (Kings, ) before you go scribbling cell numbers for them (which I think is very rude, )
My profession offers me a chance to be respectable and be respected, men like you cheapen it.
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by SeeWhy(f): 9:47am On Jan 02, 2008
I think the topic for this thread should have been why do (some) bankers (male & female) flirt! The main reason is because of their 'no time for play' kind of job. they are always at work working?! so they try to sieze every opportunity, cool

but frankly this shouldn't cause so much argument since it all depends on which 'opportunities' want to be siezed or not!!
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by rosquare(m): 11:11am On Jan 02, 2008
A FLIRT IS A FLIRT IRRESPECTIVE OF THE PROFESSION,so
lets nit pin it on the profession, or are you saying that if
u become a banker today, you'll automatically start flirting?
Its not our fault that SOCIETY has given us such ELEVATION.
we no fit SHHHOOOUUUTTTT.E NOO EASY
we know who we are,and we know what we've got.[i][/i]
its not just in the dressing, its not in the spoken or
written english.
instead of beefing us, i'll advise you to tap into the anointing.
As a responsible lady,drop the "bankers are flirt thingy" mentality
or else, you'll keep meeting them.
AND TO MY FELLOW BANKERS IN THE HOUSE,
ONE LOVE,NO LONG THING!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by thimbook2(m): 7:26pm On Jan 04, 2008
i wanted to say so much initially but i stopped on reading sabak's post, kudos to you bro for the mature and full-orbed viewpoint on the whole issue though i must still side with some of the ladies in the house, and good reason too, that quite a number of bank guys come across in very abrasive manners and i guess its got to do with their seeming to have a secure financial future in the midst of so much insecurity, squalor and money-worshipping.

i guess these many people can't be wrong guys and guess what nobody's being beefing doctors, lawyers, teachers, oil sector guys, even politician (as sick and trying as some of those ones can be really!) so i guess you should do some cleaning up too!
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by bebe2007(m): 12:15am On Jan 05, 2008
luka:

I have checked all available sources and could not find any that confirms that the spelling of illiterate has changed.

See why i asked if you went to school at all!!!!! even a blind man knows its a typographical error!!!! Isn't it obvious, must we spell it out? Do something about your low IQ mate.
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by laga(m): 6:23pm On Jan 07, 2008
Hello peeps i'm a banker and some chics i've met always pass that comment,that bankers are flirts.
In the reals sense chics harrass the bankers ,they always want to collect ur number and get a relationship.
Re: Why Do Girls Think That Bankers Are Flirts? by fabiyi: 2:15pm On Jan 08, 2008
Bebe2007,

I can see that you are taken this matter too personal that was why you shot me that I compared a banker with a lawyer in my previous post about, who a banker is?

I just want you to know that every profession has it own perculiarity and was being designed for a defined purpose. For you to have said that law is only noble profession and I should not compare banking/finance with law, I see it as an unnecessary Ego-Boasting which is 'altra vires abinitios" null and void without any locus standi

One thing you should note is that Nairaland is designed by Seun purposely for people to interracts and share experiences with one another. So, issue should not be taken personal here and we should always be mindful of our utterances as people across the globe are reading our writes-up.

So my sister, don't be annoyed if I have ever offended you for citing a reference in my previous post by comparing the requirements for qualifying people into law profession and banking/finance profession with each other.

Once again, i am sorry. I did not mean any harm before you sue me to law court.

Best regards!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

She Complains I Last Longer Than Necessary During Love Making / Leaked Chat Between A Married Woman And Her Boyfriend Surface Online (photos) / My Girlfriend Seemed Perfect Till This Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.