Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG (30611 Views)

Outages ‎force Reps To Shut Down Proceedings / There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo / No Power Outages For Four Days Now In Shomolu, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Yuzarsif(m): 6:07pm On Aug 12, 2012
I hope so
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by heywhytech1(m): 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2012
There is great improvement in my area ooo
Over 48hours now!
I pray they continue like this!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 12, 2012
We cant afford to be pessimistic anymore. Only those Nigerians abroad find happiness in mocking their home country. I dont blame them, no comfortable Nigerian lives abroad. Because, there is no other place to enjoy money with peace of mind than here in Nigeria.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by emekatimsu(m): 6:13pm On Aug 12, 2012
Funkymallam: The Ministry of Power has assured that worst days of power supply in Nigeria are over, noting that the recent improvement in the sector would be maintained to meet international standards.
The ministry also refuted media reports that the Shiroro Dam which supplies water to the Shiroro Hydro Power Station was shut down by the workers union.

A statement by the Special Assistant, Media, to the Minister of Power, Mr. Ogbuagu Anikwe, read, “The reports were obviously planted by a handful of professional trade unionists in the leadership of the National Union of Electricity Employees, who do not consider anything sacred in their self-assigned mission of agitation and propaganda against the ongoing power sector reform.

“We would like to assure all Nigerians that the worst days are over as far as electricity is concerned. The current improvement is not irreversible. The programme for power development in Nigeria to international standards is very much on course, and the whole world is convinced that Nigeria is finally on the right electricity track.”

According to the ministry, the facility performed better than the 760mw-Kainji hydro power plant built in 1968, which had not been overhauled till date. It added that the station was a major contributor to the unprecedented 4,237mw on the national grid and the 70mw reserve generated since August 7, this year.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/08/12/good-news-there-will-power-outages-fg/?wt=3

Kudos to Power holding..light has improved to about 90% in my area since the past 3months.
I shuttle between Owerri, Asaba and Aba often and i can BOLDLY say that light has improved in my area in d 3places.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Henrychris(m): 6:14pm On Aug 12, 2012
Action speaks louder
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Orikinla(m): 6:16pm On Aug 12, 2012
[size=28pt]Majority of areas in Nigeria, in the north don't have electricity and the insecurity worsened their predicament.
So, the ministers are talking rubbish.[/size]
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by emekatimsu(m): 6:16pm On Aug 12, 2012
Funkymallam: The Ministry of Power has assured that worst days of power supply in Nigeria are over, noting that the recent improvement in the sector would be maintained to meet international standards.
The ministry also refuted media reports that the Shiroro Dam which supplies water to the Shiroro Hydro Power Station was shut down by the workers union.

A statement by the Special Assistant, Media, to the Minister of Power, Mr. Ogbuagu Anikwe, read, “The reports were obviously planted by a handful of professional trade unionists in the leadership of the National Union of Electricity Employees, who do not consider anything sacred in their self-assigned mission of agitation and propaganda against the ongoing power sector reform.

“We would like to assure all Nigerians that the worst days are over as far as electricity is concerned. The current improvement is not irreversible. The programme for power development in Nigeria to international standards is very much on course, and the whole world is convinced that Nigeria is finally on the right electricity track.”

According to the ministry, the facility performed better than the 760mw-Kainji hydro power plant built in 1968, which had not been overhauled till date. It added that the station was a major contributor to the unprecedented 4,237mw on the national grid and the 70mw reserve generated since August 7, this year.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/08/12/good-news-there-will-power-outages-fg/?wt=3

Kudos to Power holding..light has improved to about 90% in my area since the past 3months.
I shuttle between Owerri, Asaba and Aba often and i can BOLDLY say that light has improved in my area in d 3places.

I just hope they keep it up.
GEJ keep it up on this....
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 12, 2012
Orikinla: Majority of areas in Nigeria, in the north don't have electricity and the insecurity worsened their predicament.
So, the ministers are talking rubbish.
Where is your brain?

2 Likes

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by DCAT: 6:17pm On Aug 12, 2012
pls wake me up whenever we have 24hr electricity supply. sick nation like naija.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Saintsquare(m): 6:19pm On Aug 12, 2012
Power as been a lil bit stable here though,minimum of 12hrs a day.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Greatken007(m): 6:19pm On Aug 12, 2012
Things are getting better dont ever allow Boko are ram issue to weigh you down,there is time for everything.18 hours power supply is just too sufficient because Nigerians are still surviving even in the days of zero supply.Let us Join hands togther to fight vandals,and transformer theft.Small and medium scale businesses will smile soonest.Self-employment will see the light of the day soonest.Welders.Barbers,hairdressers,elctricians,tailors,businessness centers, and many others just be patient.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by jmaine: 6:19pm On Aug 12, 2012
A healthy 70% of peeps on this thread exposed their [b] innate foolishness [/b]by refusing to read up the thread article

fvcking ediots
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by lmay18(f): 6:20pm On Aug 12, 2012
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by SisiKill1: 6:21pm On Aug 12, 2012
Billyonaire: We cant afford to be pessimistic anymore. Only those Nigerians abroad find happiness in mocking their home country. I dont blame them, no comfortable Nigerian lives abroad. Because, there is no other place to enjoy money with peace of mind than here in Nigeria.
Billy boy, pleeeeease tell you took a few minutes to go laugh your behind off somewhere and then came back to complete this.

I'd hate to think you wrote that with a straight face!! cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by lmay18(f): 6:21pm On Aug 12, 2012
na lie jor

NO power here since thursday!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 12, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Billy boy, pleeeeease tell you took a few minutes to go laugh your behind off somewhere and then came back to complete this.
I'd hate to think you wrote this with a straight face!! cheesy cheesy
Proof to Nairaland that you are the only exception to my opinion.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by SisiKill1: 6:23pm On Aug 12, 2012
jmaine: A healthy 70% of peeps on this thread exposed their [b] innate foolishness [/b]by refusing to read up the thread article

fvcking ediots

Tsk tsk tsk. . .such dirty language!! angry angry

I hope you don't switch the LIGHTS on with those fingers.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 12, 2012
lmay18: na lie jor, NO power here since thursday!
Check with your District officers at the PHCN office what the fault is.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by sarutobie(m): 6:25pm On Aug 12, 2012
After reading the Op's post and going through most of the comments here,it seems reading and comprehending is a big challenge for a lot of nigerians..some just read the title and post poo..its not a must to comment..

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by SisiKill1: 6:28pm On Aug 12, 2012
Billyonaire: Proof to Nairaland that you are the only exception to my opinion.
As long as you aren't asking me to Prove it, then I'm good. cheesy
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
As long as you aren't asking me to Prove it, then I'm good. cheesy
Lol, that is a clean exit strategy. I love that.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Clemzy16(m): 6:31pm On Aug 12, 2012
I'm quite suprised with the way Nairalanders are just dishing the PHCN. I thought i once saw a thread where most Nairalanders were hailing the power sector for constant supply of electricity. Even in my area, we've had stable supply of power for the past week now. The light don't usually go off. Even when it does, it dosen't take long before it is been restored.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by megareal: 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2012
Why cant they STFU and just do the work?

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by onatisi(m): 6:35pm On Aug 12, 2012
GEJ FOR 2015,PDP ,POWER TO THE PEOPLE.
LET US ALL JOIN HANDS TO GIVE HIM A SECOND TERM,
DONT WORRY WE WILL DELIVER THE DIVIDENDS OF DEMOCRACY
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by betrani(m): 6:36pm On Aug 12, 2012
Lilnikee: No be today.
Very tru! I ve had constant and steady coal fire for more than a week nw! In the name of lyt! Of what use is lyt if u can't power ur fridge, iron clothes, enjoy d money I paid dstv and even feel cozy!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by EmperorSpecie(m): 6:37pm On Aug 12, 2012
habumaks: In my area we have not had light for more than three days now. What are they saying?
na inside jungle u dey live? undecided
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 12, 2012
Next plzzzzz.rubbish.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by lmay18(f): 6:38pm On Aug 12, 2012
Billyonaire: Check with your District officers at the PHCN office what the fault is.

it is not about fault I guess is there usual way of rotating it they might bring it later today. we are used to it

I stay around Kola Agbado Lagos
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by jmaine: 6:38pm On Aug 12, 2012
sarutobie: After reading the Op's post and going through most of the comments here,it seems reading and comprehending is a big challenge for a lot of nigerians..some just read the title and post poo..its not a must to comment..

It's terrible . . .Yet, they did be the first to call others clueless grin
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by anitank(f): 6:40pm On Aug 12, 2012
We'll sit and wait.........like we've always done! But they hardly take light in my area dese days sha, and even wen they do,It barely lasts for upto 2hrs. We havnt slept witout light in weeks. Even if its not 24hrs, I jst hope it remains like dat
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by lmay18(f): 6:40pm On Aug 12, 2012
Emperor_Specie:
na inside jungle u dey live? undecided

you dont have to stay in Jungle to get Jungle treatment in Naija..the point is there is no power in his area
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Sweetdbest: 6:42pm On Aug 12, 2012
Which light improved? They are joking. Come to Ogijo Ogun State and see what is going on there.Even the kind poles and the kind electric wires used cut anytime they bring their light that even candle is better than.

It cannot even power anything. They give light like once in a week or 2 weeks intervals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

FG May Sell Public Assets To Fund 2020 Budget / “I Am Ready To Perish… ” - Mailafia Honours Third Invitation From The DSS / Tijjani Ibrahim Dies In Chinese Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.