Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG (30625 Views)

Outages ‎force Reps To Shut Down Proceedings / There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo / No Power Outages For Four Days Now In Shomolu, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by publisher(m): 6:42pm On Aug 12, 2012
Orikinla:

[size=18pt]The most populous nation in Africa with over 160 million people is generating only 4,237mw, while South Africa with 58 million people generates 45,000MW.

These Nigerian ministers are CLOWNS. grin[/size]

[size=14pt]South Africa spent most of its Aparthied years building world class infrastructures to protect its White population that were constantly under threat from sanctions and global isolation. Mandela did not build any power plant in South Africa.

Nigeria on the other hand had foolish 'Northern' military leaders like from Buhari,IBB to Abacha whose brain could not realise that as Nigeria's population grew it needed to aggressively expand infrastructures.
Notice I didnt mention Gowon or Obasanjo,that's because these two actually built or commenced the construction of a lot of the major infrastructures Nigeria has today. [/size] undecided

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by mikeuz(m): 6:43pm On Aug 12, 2012
Dunno about others but for me,power supplied has improved drastically in my area.before we go 7 dayz without light, now we go 1 day without light.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by iroza(f): 6:44pm On Aug 12, 2012
I have been using generator for 5 days now, no light I wonder where the FG is talking aboutm
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2012
lmay18: it is not about fault I guess is there usual way of rotating it they might bring it later today. we are used to it.I stay around Kola Agbado Lagos
Once the privatization is completed, we will celebrate here in Nairaland, we cant afford to be pessimist, the power sector has been bad since Independence. I hope in this administration to right the wrongs of the past which made Nigerians to lose faith in the electricity sector. And restore our hope and patriotism on the Green-White-Green.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by livapul86(m): 6:47pm On Aug 12, 2012
kingoflag:
Dude, 2 DAYS?!

Are you guys serious?!

In over 20somthn+ yrs I've witnessed, maybe, 2-3 power outages and you guys are praising 2 days, 1 week, 3 months or wateva of 12hr Electricity?!

Why would your Govt want to work when they know you all are satisfied with mediocrity?!

sad
Dude, you've totally missed the point when you label our sincere acknowledgments of improvements in public supply as Mediocre. The society you live in was able to achieve its huge power generating successes over a period of time and I am certain the inhabitants of that society acknowledged the micro steps taken to the point where you're now. We all acknowledge there is much more to be done but we would be totally dishonest if we don't acknowledge the micro successes recorded so far. Note, if previous administrations had actually played their part in developing the power sector, we won't be celebrating 'mediocrity' now.

3 Likes

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Greatken007(m): 6:49pm On Aug 12, 2012
What are you taking PHCN workers for?miracle workers or what,you dont expect to have light in areas without electric poles and transformers,haba malam,dont expect stability of power too soon in some part of the north,you cant eat your cake and have it back,moreover places like kaduna polytechnic quarters,malali,banawa.angwa rimi and few other places in kaduna are enjoying stable power supply because the gap between the litrate and the illitrate is very wide.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by lmay18(f): 6:50pm On Aug 12, 2012
Billyonaire: Once the privatization is completed, we will celebrate here in Nairaland, we cant afford to be pessimist, the power sector has been bad since Independence. I hope in this administration to right the wrongs of the past that made Nigerian lose faith in the electricity sector. And restore our hope and patriotism to the Green-White-Green.

Until then bro lipsrsealed
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 12, 2012
lmay18:

Until then bro lipsrsealed
Until when ?... You have a choice. Its either you stay positive, or proceed to Puerto Rico.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 12, 2012
Well, I just came home on friday and was suprised when I met light. I asked my younger sister when last they took light and she said she can't remember shocked and till today, they haven't taken the light at all so I can boldly say PHCN has improved
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by onuwaje(m): 6:53pm On Aug 12, 2012
All na wash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![i][/i] grin
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Ramcie(f): 6:54pm On Aug 12, 2012
Tell that to the marines.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by publisher(m): 6:54pm On Aug 12, 2012
[size=14pt]PS: Power has improved in my zone (Iyana Ipaja),I have NOT bought fuel for my generator in 2 weeks.
Due to this improvement ,the price of pure water has even dropped. I used to buy pure water (5 bags and a half)for N500 just after the subsidy fuel increase wahala.

Now i buy the same 5 and a half bags of pure water for just N350. grin grin

True story[/size]

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by nduchucks: 6:57pm On Aug 12, 2012
I'm tired of these announcements by the FG which promise things that will happen in the future. I'd welcome an announcement such as "There has been no power outages in the last 6 months". For now, FG can shove this announcement of theirs where the sun doesn't shine.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by lmay18(f): 6:57pm On Aug 12, 2012
Billyonaire: Until when ?... You have a choice. Its either you stay positive, or proceed to Puerto Rico.
it is FG responsibility to provide us power until they provide it you dont expect me to trust them

forget about staying positive let them give us power not staying positive will not stop them doing the right thing
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by juman(m): 6:57pm On Aug 12, 2012
Ramcie: Tell that to the marines.

Abi. grin
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Darlo22(m): 7:03pm On Aug 12, 2012
bunmioguns: story story
they should come to my area and make this statement.No light
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by publisher(m): 7:03pm On Aug 12, 2012
[size=13pt]On a serious note,I've noticed that a lot of narrow-minded Nigerians,especially those doing menial jobs in Europe,seem to violently reject any positive news or developments in Nigeria. Led by their godfather Omoyele Sorowe(owner Sahara reporters),they glorify ANY negative news on Nigeria but frown and dispute the tinyest positive story in our land.

Na wa for some people o. [/size]
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 12, 2012
lmay18:
it is FG responsibility to provide us power until they provide it you dont expect me to trust them forget about staying positive let them give us power not staying positive will not stop them doing the right thing
I said this before, and let me repeat it again. If there is no improvement in power supply to your house-hold, check with your distribution unit, there are possibilities that you are owing bill, or there is a transformer issue. In both cases, work with your local PHCN to resolve. Proceed there tomorrow and get it sorted out, I cant do that for you.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2012
Until Michael Faraday resurrects and deal with electricity problem in nigeria,then we are sure dreaming of constant power supply! undecided
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2012
berem: Until Michael Faraday resurrects and deal with electricity problem in nigeria,then we are sure dreaming of constant power supply! undecided
Are you wishing us all bad luck ? Speak for yourself, dont say "we".
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 12, 2012
Yaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!! grin

Then NEPA just took the light.l.l. angry
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by taharqa: 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2012
ndu_chucks: I'm tired of these announcements by the FG which promise things that will happen in the future. I'd welcome an announcement such as "There has been no power outages in the last 6 months". For now, FG can shove this announcement of theirs where the sun doesn't shine.
Welcome to Pg 7. Now, go to pg 1 and actuali read d article b4 u continuing to mk an a$$ of yrself...#SincereAdvice
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by TruBrotha: 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2012
i no get light ooo
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by remmer56(m): 7:16pm On Aug 12, 2012
2 be sincere, I've noticed the improvement in my ends.. There has been light and even when they take it, the blackout does not last. I stay in Benin. I do not knw if this new dev is noticed only in benin.. But when one see's sum good improvement, its good we say.. A lot on NLand mst hv noticed atleast sum sort of improvement bt wld critize even when they knw its true!! If we cnt even encourgage A̶̲̥̅ good step, hw then can we grow?? Critisism is cool, bt senseless when based on lies!!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by jenny2007(f): 7:19pm On Aug 12, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]
Funkymallam: The Ministry of Power has assured that worst days of power supply in Nigeria are over, noting that the recent improvement in the sector would be maintained to meet international standards.
The ministry also refuted media reports that the Shiroro Dam which supplies water to the Shiroro Hydro Power Station was shut down by the workers union.

A statement by the Special Assistant, Media, to the Minister of Power, Mr. Ogbuagu Anikwe, read, “The reports were obviously planted by a handful of professional trade unionists in the leadership of the National Union of Electricity Employees, who do not consider anything sacred in their self-assigned mission of agitation and propaganda against the ongoing power sector reform.

“We would like to assure all Nigerians that the worst days are over as far as electricity is concerned. The current improvement is not irreversible. The programme for power development in Nigeria to international standards is very much on course, and the whole world is convinced that Nigeria is finally on the right electricity track.”

According to the ministry, the facility performed better than the 760mw-Kainji hydro power plant built in 1968, which had not been overhauled till date. It added that the station was a major contributor to the unprecedented 4,237mw on the national grid and the 70mw reserve generated since August 7, this year.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/08/12/good-news-there-will-power-outages-fg/?wt=3

Na today?
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Biggyd2: 7:29pm On Aug 12, 2012
E talki na do! Talk na do!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by amijid2012(m): 7:29pm On Aug 12, 2012
Super story.., Nxt plSsss undecided
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by sambos994(m): 7:29pm On Aug 12, 2012
No lie! I was sleeping and the light was on. But I didn't hear any generator on. I was creeped out... tongue
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 12, 2012
Billyonaire: Are you wishing us all bad luck ? Speak for yourself, dont say "we".
YOU!! Billy is included! As long as u live in nigeria,u are also among the "we".Constant power supply is a mirage in nigeria.corruption has eaten deep into the fabric of our nation.nothing seem to be working well.I aint praying for bad luck but the goodluck we got is leading us no where.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by ajf(m): 7:34pm On Aug 12, 2012
Ok we don hear but restore this wey phcn just take nah...
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by ujchief(m): 7:35pm On Aug 12, 2012
Those of u saying the recent improvment is due to the rainy season, i hav this question for u, 'is this the only rainy season we've had in Nigeria? Lets be objective, lets applaud the govt on this one, who knows, they might as well wake up in other areas.

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by tpapi: 7:36pm On Aug 12, 2012
All liars on dis thread shall com 2 a brutal end

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Flaunts Wedding Ring Stylishly (Photo) / Dele Momodu Pays Condolence To Osinbajo ( Photos ) / Senator Akpabio Meets President Buhari (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.