Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG (30627 Views)

Outages ‎force Reps To Shut Down Proceedings / There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo / No Power Outages For Four Days Now In Shomolu, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by ypzilanti: 5:37pm On Aug 12, 2012
Orikinla:

[size=18pt]The most populous nation in Africa with over 160 million people is generating only 4,237mw, while South Africa with 58 million people generates 45,000MW.

These Nigerian ministers are CLOWNS. grin[/size]

Exactly! As we generate more, demand will increase from manufacturers and institutions that were running on 24 hours generators. Once these guys hook up, we will be back to square one.

The only sustainable way is a clean and fair privatization process.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by onatisi(m): 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2012
is it by force to talk?this minister dem dey make ppl abuse them,so because the genertion spiked at 5000MW last week ,he feels the problem is over i know nnaji wons say such rubbish,this is a country that reqyuires at least 60000MW to function yet they are rejoicing on 5000mw,
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 12, 2012
[quote author=Emmyzo][/quote]

Why you keep posting and reposting the same shiyyt?! Are you alright?!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by wisdomolusola: 5:39pm On Aug 12, 2012
Gbam gbam!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 12, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
. . .and am presently using my generator. Irony!
Same here bro.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by drlaykay(m): 5:41pm On Aug 12, 2012
Pls moderator close dis thread!
In my house, electricity was interrupted immediately I clicked in. grin
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by taharqa: 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2012
Orikinla:

[size=18pt]The most populous nation in Africa with over 160 million people is generating only 4,237mw, while South Africa with 58 million people generates 45,000MW.

Yea.d most populous nation in Africa was producing 2800MW two yrs ago courtesy of our useless former leaders, but is today producing 4200M and 4 d 1st time finally reforming d sector 4 Private sector participation(which is d only way to produce dose tens of thousands of Power needed by d most populous coun3 in Africa)...there is real PROGRESS 4 d 1st time, dat is wat we are acknowledging(not celebrating); and unlike many of u armchair critics, we will focus on d process and keep d officials on dier toes till we get wot we deservd as a nation

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Uchbebe46(m): 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2012
truely the phcn is trying..right nw in Enugu agbani road to be precise,since i was born i have not witnesed steady power suply for atleast a day but since friday ...wow na so i dey off dey on my refrigerator which to me is unbelievable
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Shaw007(m): 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2012
Hopefully d Bh boiz wont come and destroy everything. . .and that is if d story is true,either ways,we'r f.u.c.ked
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2012
Electricity generation has improved greatly nationwide, there are likelihood that certain regions may not witness the optimal improvements due to transformer and related hiccups. These are relatively distribution issues, certainly the private firms that will take over distribution will address those areas. If you are pessimist about Nigeria, get a fvcking VISA and go to Puerto Rico. And for those living abroad on food stamps, shut the fvck up and focus on your slave mentality.

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by engrj(m): 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2012
This post is over 5000 words but is hiding grin
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Borlahr(m): 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2012
Its easier said than done. Act and stop blaspheming, must you put up a news for every plans. We are used to news from Government so, tell us another one
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2012
livapul86: I am no GEJ sycophant but in all honesty the improvement in Power supply in my part of Festac in Lagos is nothing short of amazing. Since Last week Sunday, I can authoritatively say that the total number of hours I have been without power supply isn't more than 3 hours. I have actually gone TWO whole days without any single blink. Please they should continue with whatever they're doing cos it is clearly WORKING.
Dude, 2 DAYS?!

Are you guys serious?!

In over 20somthn+ yrs I've witnessed, maybe, 2-3 power outages and you guys are praising 2 days, 1 week, 3 months or wateva of 12hr Electricity?!

Why would your Govt want to work when they know you all are satisfied with mediocrity?!

sad
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Shaw007(m): 5:45pm On Aug 12, 2012
Billyonaire: Electricity generation has improved greatly nationwide, there are likelihood that certain regions may not witness the optimal improvements due to transformer and related hiccups. These are relatively distribution issues, certainly the private firms that will take over distribution will address those areas. If you are pessimist about Nigeria, get a fvcking VISA and go to Puerto Rico.
NATIONWIDE?? Did u say nation... Come'on,seriously??
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by werepeLeri: 5:46pm On Aug 12, 2012
if past leaders have tried to add 1500mw to the grid each year prior to now, do you know how much we will be talking of by now?

3 Likes

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by UNLEASHED(m): 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2012
Soul E baba dey here wink
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2012
Uchbebe46: truely the phcn is trying..right nw in Enugu agbani road to be precise,[b]since i was born i have not witnesed steady power suply for atleast a day [/b]but since friday ...wow na so i dey off dey on my refrigerator which to me is unbelievable

Wooooow!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Shaw007(m): 5:49pm On Aug 12, 2012
kingoflag:

Wooooow!

hahahaa. . .lafin mAi mo'erfvckin' a$$ OUT!! grin
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 12, 2012
Shaw007: NATIONWIDE?? Did u say nation... Come'on,seriously??
Yes, and if you have poor supply in your district, pray that the private companies take over distribution very soon. But dont focus on Government doing everything for you, register a power company and find technical partners. There is massive opportunity for you in the sector.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by jude33084(m): 5:50pm On Aug 12, 2012
Orikinla:

Do Ɣ☺Ʊ thinK τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ 45000MW is used ᵝȳ τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ 58million population?

Τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ numbers of companies in SA is ♍☺R̶̲̥̅̊϶ than most EU countries angry

Pls leave SA asisde biko
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by SisiKill1: 5:51pm On Aug 12, 2012
kingoflag:

Lets hear a loud "AMEN" for this wonderful sister up there.

Its not an Anti-Corrption prayer so why didn't anyone say "Amen"?!

Anyways sha, at least now we have enough light to bake cassava bread. In 2014 GEJ will come back to tell us why we deserve to re-elect him and you will becus na light una need. In 2016, they will fix the Roads and Rails. (by this time most of the world must have started using Jet packs and flying cars, but not to worry na Naija now, better late than never, abi?). Then in 2018, as we think he's finally gonna carry his bag and go back to Otueke with his Billions of Dollars, he will ask that y'all to reelect him for a "Single Term-7yr Tenure"--- by this time extreme poverty woulda made even his tribalistic supporters wild eyed and they probably have turned cannibal, eating themselves and what not.....

Ok, lemme stop. Sha, you get the picture!

Impeach that dummy now! The word is "Impeachment" and you use it NOW!!! Why are you guys satisfied with mediocrity?!

Halleluyah! My brother!! Hallaaaaaaaaluyah!!

Now let all who have seen the light come out!

Come on out mah people! Coooome on out and testify!!!

If GEJ's been good to you! Come on out testify!

If you have 2 gallons of petrol in your garage, come out. . .come out! I say testify!!

You have enjoyed 20hrs of light! Come on here baby! Let the people see you!

Ooooh! Let them look at you and see the glory of light in you!!

Testify to 3 straight days of light!!

Testify! Testify! come on out now and Testify!!!!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by taharqa: 5:52pm On Aug 12, 2012
onatisi: is it by force to talk?this minister dem dey make ppl abuse them,so because the genertion spiked at 5000MW last week ,he feels the problem is over i know nnaji wons say such rubbish,this is a country that reqyuires at least 60000MW to function yet they are rejoicing on 5000mw,
My friend read d article b4 postin confidently.d PHCN guy never said there will be no more power outages(it came 4rm d head of d OP), wot he said they d improvements noticd will be sustaind
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Shaw007(m): 5:52pm On Aug 12, 2012
U know what they say abOut the city of the blind. . .in this case the whole nation is blind,Y'All are rejoicing over 4200mw?? Hmm #smmfh
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by taharqa: 5:55pm On Aug 12, 2012
onatisi: is it by force to talk?this minister dem dey make ppl abuse them,so because the genertion spiked at 5000MW last week ,he feels the problem is over i know nnaji wons say such rubbish,this is a country that reqyuires at least 60000MW to function yet they are rejoicing on 5000mw,
My friend read d article b4 postin confidently.d PHCN guy never said there will be no more power outages(it came 4rm d head of d OP), wot he said they d improvements noticd will be sustaind and dat d stricking PHCN Shiroro workers(sm of whom he calld Saboteurs) will not derail it
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by rusher14: 5:55pm On Aug 12, 2012
No power in the Lekki area since Friday and i mean not even a flicker so spare me the rhetoric!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Osama10(m): 5:57pm On Aug 12, 2012
Foolishness.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Shaw007(m): 5:58pm On Aug 12, 2012
Billyonaire: Yes, and if you have poor supply in your district, pray that the private companies take over distribution very soon. But dont focus on Government doing everything for you, register a power company and find technical partners. There is massive opportunity for you in the sector.
i totally agree with d private company tin,infact i pray constantly about it. . .

AbOut the problem we have here,i'll do just what u said,we'll sell d whole 4ckin' strt and buy 3 new transformers. . I'm so 4kin' tired of wasting gOod money on gas. . .anyway sha,paying 4 d best sha,and most painful tin is dat the light is quite stable at other areas(or so i hear)

B.S-its been 3mnths,we buy gas 4 d gen constantly!! Go figure
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 12, 2012
rusher14: No power in the Lekki area since Friday and i mean not even a flicker so spare me the rhetoric!
Which part of Lekki do you live my friend. Cos at Lekki Phase 1, there is electricity.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by karlmax2: 5:59pm On Aug 12, 2012
taharqa: My friend read d article b4 postin confidently.d PHCN guy never said there will be no more power outages(it came 4rm d head of d OP), wot he said they d improvements noticd will be sustaind and dat d stricking PHCN Shiroro workers(sm of whom he calld Saboteurs) will not derail it
don't mind them, in their bid to criticize some of them don't read through threads
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 12, 2012
Shaw007: i totally agree with d private company tin,infact i pray constantly about it. . .

AbOut the problem we have here,i'll do just what u said,we'll sell d whole 4ckin' strt and buy 3 new transformers. . I'm so 4kin' tired of wasting gOod money on gas. . .anyway sha,paying 4 d best sha,and most painful tin is dat the light is quite stable at other areas(or so i here)

B.S-its been 3mnths,we buy gas 4 d gen constantly!! Go figure
Yea, PHCN really messed the system up. Millions of transformers are as old as the village primary school. Once privatization is complete, the companies have to make profict, so they will install new transformations to distribute energy, cos without energy, the smart card wont run, and they wont make money. Its simple business acumen.

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 12, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Halleluyah! My brother!! Hallaaaaaaaaluyah!!

Now let all who have seen the light come out!

Come on out mah people! Coooome on out and testify!!!

If GEJ is being good to you! Come on out testify!

If you have 2 gallons of petrol in your garage, come out. . .come out! I say testify!!

You have enjoyed 20hrs of light! Come on here baby! Let the people see you!

Ooooh! Let them look at you and see the glory of light in you!!

Testify! Testify! come on out now and testify!!!!

sisi,
I wish you would stop being sarcastic.
There has been a tremendous improvement in power generation in this country.
If any one tells you otherwise the person is a liar.
Some areas may not yet be experiencing this improvement,but what they will not tell you because they want to practice mischief is that their area has no light/power because of transformer or transmission problems.Gradually if the government keeps it up the improvement will spread to all parts of the country.
When we as citizens see a genuine effort at improving power generation we need to say it out in the same way we have criticized the government in the past.
Where I live I have had nothing less than 18-20 hours of power a day for the last couple of weeks.If it was not so trust me I would say it as it is.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Greatken007(m): 6:03pm On Aug 12, 2012
Only FOOL mock his own country,It is very obvious that the power has improved greatly,All Anglican youth who were in Warri from tuesday to sunday can also testify to this,i am back to Asaba and since morning the light have not blink.You dont expect to have light when your transformer is nt in good shape,stop vandals,report theft and u wil see results,Nigeria is getting better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Pays Condolence To Osinbajo ( Photos ) / Lugwa Sanda Attempts Killing Herself To Protest Going To Atiku-Owned School / Nigerian Airways Pensioners Paid By Buhari, Hail Buhari, Curse Obasanjo (Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.