Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,947 members, 7,814,210 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour (8487 Views)

Gala Is Now N70 / Do You Eat Beef Sausages, Gala And Co? / Gala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by anicho(m): 11:15am On Aug 13, 2012
Na garri we dey chop
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by edicolove: 11:32am On Aug 13, 2012
ebamma: mr jonathan were you so poor in your youth, that you ate only cassava,why are you trying to impose cassava on us,na by force to chop cassava

Are you saying it is a bad agric policy or you are just exercising your right to hate?

3 Likes

Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by Walexz02(m): 11:33am On Aug 13, 2012
ebamma: mr jonathan were you so poor in your youth, that you ate only cassava,why are you trying to impose cassava on us,na by force to chop cassava
Wil u sharrap dia......u mean u dnt eat casravat:@
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by bravehost4u(m): 11:36am On Aug 13, 2012
munaco: after the cut or 20% cassava, how many job do they create, nothing. so why is our govt so useless in advertising UAC for enriching there pocket
the problem is that u are ignorant of basic facts
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by maclatunji: 11:36am On Aug 13, 2012
Shaw007: wait wait,op. . .i dont get sometin av they started producion or are they planning to??

They have started O. You can buy UTC cake for N50, you will see the Cassava Initiative logo on the pack. I haven't checked for Gala though as per fasting and all that.

1 Like

Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by Audukaya: 11:42am On Aug 13, 2012
We have enough food to eat in the north,no one can force us to eat casava.infact casava is for hungry and less priviledge people.
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by Revolva(m): 11:56am On Aug 13, 2012
Haha una see wetin jonathan don cause which one be cassava own again for gala - hey abi make dem pack am with beef meat na and less flour - uac food sef na wa for em
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by edicolove: 12:14pm On Aug 13, 2012
Audukaya: We have enough food to eat in the north,no one can force us to eat casava.infact casava is for hungry and less priviledge people.

Nice. I admire you guys. But is that why you have the highest number of beggars, 10millions almajiris and a poverty stricken society? #justcurious
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by Kobojunkie: 12:48pm On Aug 13, 2012
Shaw007: Ha!! It is wah o!!

First it was cassva bread now its cassava gala #smh,cassava pie up-next

All Pastries will be affected, including cakes.
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by Kobojunkie: 12:50pm On Aug 13, 2012
magnumx: Only government policies will help the growth of the once buoyant agriculture industry .

Such initiatives to enforce the use of cassava flour will do a lot of good for farmers and this will also bridge the ever widening gap of unemployment in the country.

Respect to the agric minister on this .

I doubt these kind of government polices will be it. The Government can as well help improve local wheat growth too. I believe the Abacha government tried something similar and what ended up happening was that price of local grown shot up almost as high as imported. What then followed was that people went back to the higher quality imports in no time.
So, mandating 40% cassava content in all pastries alone will likely force the local price up. What probably needs to go with this is price control, to ensure the price does not remain as high as when imports were used. Probably a subsidy program. grin
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by shilling(f): 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2012
Proving a point I guess.

alaoeri: But why is it that the announcement is coming from federal government & not UAC management?
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2012
Cassava Gala?? Ok nah. Na to bone all these things sure passs joor. Restaurants all the way mehn..
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by edicolove: 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I doubt these kind of government polices will be it. The Government can as well help improve local wheat growth too. I believe the Abacha government tried something similar and what ended up happening was that price of local grown shot up almost as high as imported. What then followed was that people went back to the higher quality imports in no time.
So, mandating 40% cassava content in all pastries alone will likely force the local price up. What probably needs to go with this is price control, to ensure the price does not remain as high as when imports were used. Probably a subsidy program. grin

Nigerian climate is not favourable to wheat farming unlike casava. Casava literarily grows everywhere an is easy to cultivate and harvest. In addition, the vast majority of Nigerian farmers, particularly in the south, are already into casava farming. So this just gives them a reason to increase their capacity and income. Pricing is a function of competition. The reason the cement market is having a problem of pricing is because competition is low. With casava farming, competition is high and no one will want their casava to rot away because of high prices. If the ministry of agric can sustain this, it has the capacity to revolutionise Nigeria. Already since this year, casava farming has gone viral in many states in south Nigeria.

And its 20% casava, not 40%. I don't think the real idea is about making it mandatory. That's not the point. The point is that it will reduce cost for bakers and also reduce capital flight. This is very important for the economy

3 Likes

Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by sigmundfreud(m): 1:12pm On Aug 13, 2012
anicho: Na garri we dey chop
Garri and Groundnut ove Gala anyday!
That thing na rubber.
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by emmykk(m): 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2012
N50 to how much?u guys dnt value what u hv.now uac is using it,and there z ön difference in taste.
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by Lordave: 1:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
Funkymallam:

Liar!
you mean say my tongue no de work well, abi you de sell gala?
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by Lordave: 1:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji:

They have started O. You can buy UTC cake for N50, you will see the Cassava Initiative logo on the pack. I haven't checked for Gala though as per fasting and all that.
please lift this ban. I won't try it again I promise.
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by stillme(m): 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
Are we not nigerians? Why we no go comply if we fit comply with poverty,power failure,corruption,Boko haram etc?
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by alex406(m): 2:21pm On Aug 13, 2012
This is a good development,UAC should increase the size of gala or reduce the price asap.
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by 1Naira(m): 2:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
The is a BIG FAT Lie. The composition of Gala has not changed. The site (businessnews) whoever they are has neither a link or source in government that made such statement. There are no departments or ministries quoted and I have verified this with UAC Food as a Lie.
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by kutchs: 2:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
munaco: after the cut or 20% cassava, how many job do they create, nothing. so why is our govt so useless in advertising UAC for enriching there pocket
How are they supposed to create the job other than encouraging companies to patronize farmers. When ur produce is sold, u‘re encouraged to produce more or isnt that how it works?
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 13, 2012
Oooh Noooo Wonder. Gala is now so hard to chew and less attractive.
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 13, 2012

1 Like

Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by Panshow(m): 3:24pm On Aug 13, 2012
idlaw2k3: Mobile Akpu
Now watch me eating Gala and ogbono soup.
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by mercurie(f): 3:45pm On Aug 13, 2012
XFive: They should reduce the price of Gala immediately
. lol Omo u 2 bad oh!
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by pssword: 4:05pm On Aug 13, 2012
Akpu gala :-)
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by taharqa: 4:11pm On Aug 13, 2012
Demdem:

This govt is not to be trusted. Of cos i wont expect UAC to disprove what govt said even if its isnt so, they will like to be in Govt good books. na cassava bread he retardeen told us not casava Gala.
Am yet to see a single casava bread anywhere.
My friend stop showing yr ignorance in public. It is nt bread dat will be enhanced but FLOUR.abi wetin dem take dey do gala?
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by Demdem(m): 4:45pm On Aug 13, 2012
taharqa: My friend stop showing yr ignorance in public. It is nt bread dat will be enhanced but FLOUR.[/b]abi wetin dem take dey do gala?

[b]and where in my post did i suggest such? and will enhanced flour coupled with some additives not make bread? Me think u are daft.
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by taharqa: 5:13pm On Aug 13, 2012
Demdem:

and where in my post did i suggest such? and will enhanced flour coupled with some additives not make bread? Me think u are daft.
I will not waste my time arguing wit you, but just to note dat d Cassava FLOUR(ie for all peasteries which includes bread, cake, gala etc) Enhancement Policy(d Wheat/Cassava 60/40% Flour admixture) dat mani of u said early dis yr will nt be implementd, is already on course. The govt early last month hv imposd import duties on importd wheat just as it promisd at d beginning of d yr, sm Cassava Flour Blending equipments 4rm China are already in d country etc etc- all dis will not only provide value 4 our own farmers and job opportunities in d processing nd distributn of d flour as well as reducing d about #600billion dat 9ja spends in importing Wheat esp 4rm d USA(which i think was our largest import bill). Our wheat farmers are also supposd to hv more value cos of dis policy(though am nt sure where dis is currently)...anoda policy dat is working
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by DANILSA(m): 7:01pm On Aug 13, 2012
1Naira: The is a BIG FAT Lie. The composition of Gala has not changed. The site (businessnews) whoever they are has neither a link or source in government that made such statement. There are no departments or ministries quoted and I have verified this with UAC Food as a Lie.
Guy even if It's true no big deal, the company will Benefit because cost of production will reduce, the jobless people in NL will get job, it will reduce import, my grandmother will have more income. This policy will Benefit the whole country, the northerner can complain because he don't eat Garri, why should southerners complain? The problem is that we are never objective. We want Development through magic.
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by Demdem(m): 7:33pm On Aug 13, 2012
taharqa: I will not waste my time arguing wit you, but just to note dat d Cassava FLOUR(ie for all peasteries which includes bread, cake, gala etc) Enhancement Policy(d Wheat/Cassava 60/40% Flour admixture) dat mani of u said early dis yr will nt be implementd, is already on course. The govt early last month hv imposd import duties on importd wheat just as it promisd at d beginning of d yr, sm Cassava Flour Blending equipments 4rm China are already in d country etc etc- all dis will not only provide value 4 our own farmers and job opportunities in d processing nd distributn of d flour as well as reducing d about #600billion dat 9ja spends in importing Wheat esp 4rm d USA(which i think was our largest import bill). Our wheat farmers are also supposd to hv more value cos of dis policy(though am nt sure where dis is currently)...anoda policy dat is working

because there is no argument in the first place. i am not against the policy in itself, i like it. its just the timing. To me its like placing the horse before the cart, however wont completely condemn it. Like i said earlier, am yet to see one Cassava enhanced bread and thats the truth.
Re: Gala Is Made Of 20% Cassava Flour by sashaa(f): 8:14pm On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji: Have you noticed any change in Gala's taste and texture? If yes, is it good or bad?
actually, i commented to my friend two days ago while we were eating d new gala that it seemed tastier n he agreed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Scientist Produces ‘Richest Bread’ In The World / What Nigerians Don't Know About Orobo Chicken / How To Make Nigeria Own Meat Pie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.