Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria - Politics (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria (59971 Views)

Fani-kayode Writes Open Letter To Buhari On The War Against Boko Haram / APC Has Won The Elections, Except PDP Rigs On The Other Side – Tinubu / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Goddess12: 9:15pm On Aug 15, 2012
Alakuko = Hen
T9ksy:
not sure

Wow! The bolded portion above, had me in stitches!!!

Do you perchance know the meaning of "Igbo Alakuko"?
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 9:29pm On Aug 15, 2012
T9ksy:

Wow! The bolded portion above, had me in stitches!!!

Do you perchance know the meaning of "Igbo Alakuko"?

Go and check the logo of APGA for the meaning
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
ilugunboy: I beg make una leave Dede1...pls. He never for once get an argument straight on Nairaland...Katsumoto and Dayo are his "husbands" grin

The only thing he does well is using old fashioned English to insult Yorubas.

Old fashioned or horribly spelled?

1 of every 25 (or so) spellings of his are ever correct.

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by abes(m): 9:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
The beginning of wisdom!!!

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by OneNaira6: 9:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
Goddess12: The ibos in delta are settlers and refugees during the war, you don't run anything in delta from Gov. to the King, you run nothing in delta, dirty and nasty ibos calling others dirty, the areas you live in lagos are the dirtiest, your towns are the dirtiest in nigeria,but you are quick to lable others with what you are

The one thing that makes me laugh about yoruba is that they open their mouth all the time, saying sh1t they very clueless on but continue to say it with pride. It never cease to amaze me how ppl troll around with ignorance without shame. Is that what your grandfather told u that delta igbo are migrates. I laugh in yoruba. Oya come steal another man's land and claim na yoruba own am. Whether you ppl like it or not, neither region wants t be in this country with you ppl and are very vocal about that ish.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by dealordea(m): 9:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
Dede1:

I guess you did not honestly expect me to join issues with you about who won the civil war for Naija? If there is a dispute as to who won Nigeria/Biafra civil war for Nigeria, Yoruba have many major contenders to such feat.

As for the war of democracy in Nigeria or lack thereof, Yoruba are considererd as insignificant contenders.

Mr biafra!!! May I have the honour to time travel you back to the old age of late 90s when the whole igbo's were still wrestling for a tuber of yam in your village square!! These particular I was using the internet wisely in lagos around 1998 and you and your so called biafra's warlord were still learning the basic of business face-face!!! Now let's fastforward back to the new century were a lot of dummy like you use google to search written propaganda to fool a lot of your fellow tribe...

I want you to imagine how far I must have gone with the internet before you could even think of the using the computer!!! Now very soon, another igbo man will come on NL to spout some fagabon talk that igbo man was the first in human race to land on the moon!! These is not aba get that scum head...

Did I hear say yoruba were not insignificant contender for democracy!! Who fought the new democracy your new gay generation enjoy, it was we Yoruba and were was ojukwu when the likes of diya and papa abraham adesanya were fighting tug of war with northerner!! Your moronic igbo's were no were to be found.. May sango strike ur warlord in grave
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by PaulJohn1: 9:48pm On Aug 15, 2012
You people should please end this. We've debated enough, it's at page 32 and still counting.
But one think is certain. All our arguments are not going to change anything that has happened, the deed has been done. All we need to do is to work together, since we're still together as a country called "Nigeria".

If we keep on blaming ourselves on issues that has happened before majority of us were born, then we should be ready to make more mistakes than our past forefathers. I pray the suffering that our heroes have been battling with, won't be passed to our generation unborn.

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by T9ksy(m): 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2012
dayokanu:

Go and check the logo of APGA for the meaning

oh i see, thanks.

But Akintola referred to "igbo alakuko" in 1965.

What's the connection between igbos and akuko(hen), back then?
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by davades(m): 10:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
Abidjan on ma mind....Loooool cheesy
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 15, 2012
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Dede1(m): 10:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
sleekdot:

So the contention is who won the war?

So you know its Ibos that Lost the war fine.

Now tell us any war in History where you were sole winners, Joint winners or even ended in a draw/stalemate.

Cos it seems from the days of your ancestors you have always been whipping boys for everyone.

In case you dont know this is Dayokanu

If your level of intellect allows you to make such deduction, you can live with it. However, it is inherently moronic to conclude that the Biafra equates Igbo and Nigeria that won the civil war equates Yoruba.

Dayolodo, you simply can not disappoint.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Dede1(m): 10:42pm On Aug 15, 2012
deal_ordea:

Mr biafra!!! May I have the honour to time travel you back to the old age of late 90s when the whole igbo's were still wrestling for a tuber of yam in your village square!! These particular I was using the internet wisely in lagos around 1998 and you and your so called biafra's warlord were still learning the basic of business face-face!!! Now let's fastforward back to the new century were a lot of dummy like you use google to search written propaganda to fool a lot of your fellow tribe...

I want you to imagine how far I must have gone with the internet before you could even think of the using the computer!!! Now very soon, another igbo man will come on NL to spout some fagabon talk that igbo man was the first in human race to land on the moon!! These is not aba get that scum head...

Did I hear say yoruba were not insignificant contender for democracy!! Who fought the new democracy your new gay generation enjoy, it was we Yoruba and were was ojukwu when the likes of diya and papa abraham adesanya were fighting tug of war with northerner!! Your moronic igbo's were no were to be found.. May sango strike ur warlord in grave

I can not simply believe what I just read. In one instance, Yoruba will contend that Nigeria was foisted on them by Azikiwe, in another instance they won Nigeria/Biafra civil war and yet in another instance Yoruba brought democracy in Nigeria. For sake of posterity, Nigeria practiced democratic system of government right from October 1, 1960 until it was truncated by the military.

Now, Mr. Internet, if it is true you were still in Lagos or Ibadan or Osogbo in 1998, you are a big loser of basement stratum.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 10:46pm On Aug 15, 2012
T9ksy:

oh i see, thanks.

But Akintola referred to "igbo alakuko" in 1965.

What's the connection between igbos and akuko(hen), back then?

Some people saw way into the future and knew them for who they are from way Back. Akintola described Ibo as I Before Others.

Awolowo, Balewa, bello, Akintola everyone saw through the Igbos as a very useless people.

Do you know what Shagari said about Azikwe?

Zik like many African rulers had a major character and integrity problem. At the root was his self-concept or self definition(the way one sees oneself). He saw himself in his own words as a "Beautiful Bride" for the highest bidder as well as indispensable. The former executive president of Nigeria, [size=14pt]Alhaji Shehu Shagari, a mild mannered man captured it well when he told Zik during the 1979 election campaign: "when you switch husbands one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight times, you are no longer a beautiful bride but a harlot." Zik was a weather vane-go where the favorable wind blows. A "Beautiful Bride" mindset is exactly the opposite of the leadership mindset. In 1954, the Sutton-Foster Inquiry found Zik's conduct below what was expected of an honest and honorable person.[/size]

http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2009/apr/071.html
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by dealordea(m): 11:00pm On Aug 15, 2012
Dede1:

I can not simply believe what I just read. In one instance, Yoruba will contend that Nigeria was foisted on them by Azikiwe, in another instance they won Nigeria/Biafra civil war and yet in another instance Yoruba brought democracy in Nigeria. For sake of posterity, Nigeria practiced democratic system of government right from October 1, 1960 until it was truncated by the military.
Dede1:

Now, Mr. Internet, if it is true you were still in Lagos or Ibadan or Osogbo in 1998, you are a big loser of basement stratum.

And you will be the best syncope idiot who never agreed that yoruba was more superior than your gay warlord's.... Incase you don't know, In ancient times, criminals would be sewn inside of a rotting animal and then tied to a tree to be eaten by vultures. Your warlord deserve that...
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Mrchippychappy(m): 11:09pm On Aug 15, 2012
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by T9ksy(m): 11:39pm On Aug 15, 2012
dayokanu:

Some people saw way into the future and knew them for who they are from way Back. Akintola described Ibo as I Before Others.

Awolowo, Balewa, bello, Akintola everyone saw through the Igbos as a very useless people.

Do you know what Shagari said about Azikwe?

http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2009/apr/071.html

@ bolded, was that the source of the phrase "igbo alakuko"?

You are right. I have listened to that Akintola's speech where he described them as "alakuko" and most of the things he said about them

are evidently true now. Ditto sardunna's characterisation of the igbos.In fact, i believe most of our elders then easily saw threw

igbo's cunningness. Reminds of that bob marley tune that says:

Why boasted thyself, o evil man?

Playing smart whilst not been clever

No wonder, most of those leaders had to die in the january 15th, coup.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by vislabraye(m): 11:50pm On Aug 15, 2012
Questions google can't answer: when will Ibos and Yoruba live in harmony? Probably when Jesus comes back again.
I think tribalism sells a lot on NL.
The major players of the Nigeria history are dead. We should preserve the remaining in a museum (OBJ, Shagari and Gowon). They have a lot to explain.
The major problem we are facing now is Boko Haram. I know there are a lot of sympathizers of BH THAT is why it is striving.All others are distractions.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 11:59pm On Aug 15, 2012
vislabraye: Questions google can't answer: when will Ibos and Yoruba live in harmony? Probably when Jesus comes back again.
I think tribalism sells a lot on NL.
The major players of the Nigeria history are dead. We should preserve the remaining in a museum (OBJ, Shagari and Gowon). They have a lot to explain.
The major problem we are facing now is Boko Haram. I know there are a lot of sympathizers of BH THAT is why it is striving.All others are distractions.

We can never live in harmony because we were never meant to be together. We have a sharp ideological, cultural, ethical, and moral differences, hence completely incompatible. If the two groups were blood thirsty, the world would be filled with shock, dismay, and disbelieve with the kind of stories that would coming out of Nigeria.

We only try to live on.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 16, 2012
[.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 16, 2012
Obiagu1:

We can never live in harmony because we were never meant to be together. We have a sharp ideological, cultural, ethical, and moral differences, hence completely incompatible. If the two groups were blood thirsty, the world would be filled with shock, dismay, and disbelieve with the kind of stories that would coming out of Nigeria.

We only try to live on.

Whether you want to agree or not I have always said this:

There are two groups of highly intolerant people in Nigeria--- THE NORTHERNERS AND THE EASTERNERS. In so far as these 2 groups remain in one country, there will never be peace. Before you descend on me, look at the actions of these 2 groups in 1966 alone---in less than 7 months they destroyed the fabric of the entity called Nigeria. Both groups do not have respect for anyone else, and I sincerely hope the country can split as quickly as possible, with little or no bloodshed, because Nigeria as it is is a huge waste of time and both sides will always move to work against each other because of their highly intolerant attitude towards anyone else's choice and/or opinions.

2 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by CyberG: 1:45am On Aug 16, 2012
Da infamous: parasites can never be ready....

Really, why NOT first leave every part of Nigeria you have migrated to back to Iboland. Leave the north, West, minority areas in Nigeria, then let's see who is the real parasite. Just responding to your shallow statement.

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by CyberG: 3:19am On Aug 16, 2012
afam4eva: @Katsumoto
I'm ashamed to share the same country with bigots like yourself.

And what are you to make such a USELESS statement? Did you see your low life fellow tribalist: Globe, Chino, Dende, Chyz...who have not provided ANY iota of proofs to back up their stupid claims made by someone who has no credibility? But Kats so destroyed all of you and you should be ashamed of yourself and the stupid ibo tribalists who seem to be condemned to this illusory, imaginary way of life.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by CyberG: 3:23am On Aug 16, 2012
[quote author=dayokanu]www.nairaland.com/attachments/789775_Ojukwu_getting_ready_to_run_jpg967aeb75e390ca75377ad019b3c9fae5

I am keeping this for my records. It would come in handy[/quote

LMAO grin grin
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by CyberG: 3:26am On Aug 16, 2012
Chyz*:

Civilzation started from the west? I laugh. You people were business killing each other and worship all kinds of stones and woods while be Igbos were chillin under a democratic system and rearly fought our neighbors not to talk of our brothers unlike you know who. lol

You talk of yoruba-owned nairaland but you fail to know that it is an Igbo man who is the Father of the internet that nairaland able to be started on.

Who wrote the ibo language primer book?
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by CyberG: 3:27am On Aug 16, 2012
Chyz*:

Civilzation started from the west? I laugh. You people were business killing each other and worship all kinds of stones and woods while be Igbos were chillin under a democratic system and rearly fought our neighbors not to talk of our brothers unlike you know who. lol

You talk of yoruba-owned nairaland but you fail to know that it is an Igbo man who is the Father of the internet that nairaland able to be started on.

Who wrote the ibo language primer book? Father of what internet? The fraud that has been thoroughly examined and found to be another scammer? You must have been buried under a rock or a suckling...LOL
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by CyberG: 3:30am On Aug 16, 2012
Chyz*:

Bravery=Igbo. Cowardice= Yoruba

Why don't you rise-up to the challenge? C'mon, don't deflect the question, give an answer to a challenge to match that list with only 10 names.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by CyberG: 3:33am On Aug 16, 2012
Dede1: grin grin

It is very unfortunate you have attempted to compare a shooting war and act of dancing Uwambe grove. Please remove Wole Soyinka’s name from the group your posted. Ndigbo are not good at hyperbolic exuberance where ordinary wrestling matches over a dispute about a tuber of yam are turned into great wars such as Kiriji by shameless storytellers.

Anybody who can picture and understand that Oyo-ile, the size of Kwara State, some part of Kogi State and some part of Niger State were lost by Yoruba to Nupe and Fulani will disregard this joke. Thanks goodness to Igbo mercenaries, Ogbomsho and Osogbo axis would have been under the wings of Sokoto Caliphate and jackass such Dayolodo would have been a certified Almajiri.

You have the IQ of a door knob otherwise, answer the question! If you can't, it only shows why you folks are permanent losers, insecure and cannot measure up in any contest that matters. That is why you in fact LOST the WAR! cool cool
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by CyberG: 3:35am On Aug 16, 2012
Mr. Globe:

LMAOOOOOOOOO. This thread is the most hilarious ever.
Katsumoto is just a propaganda machine. Making stories up!

Really? Let's hear your own stories, not conjectures or fantasies that resulted in a war in which you were pummelled into the ground. Show us your strong evidences or shut up! grin grin
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by CyberG: 3:39am On Aug 16, 2012
Dede1:

The issue is the misguided approach by Katsumoto who is bent on comparing a shooting war and child’s play embarked upon by listed individuals. Anybody who understands the history of Nigeria will agree that Ndigbo do not engage in public disturbance.

LOL...asinine dende fool! So public disturbance is not planning a coup to a country's leaders while helping yours to escape? In the next Police Action, I see 10 M ibos going down in the preliminary round and I will personally be there to put you through the axe and grinding machine! grin grin
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by CyberG: 3:42am On Aug 16, 2012
Da infamous: Adekunle is now hungry,i took picture of him am telling you the truth,the man is dying of hunger and malnutrition,i shivered, when i saw him day blessed day' he was lying under a mango tree,i dashed him 1000 naira so that he can buy some local yorobe balance diet,i could not believe my eyes,i have his pixs...i will show it to you soon..

Bull shit! Who dash your monkey banana! He mopped the floor and his ass with the heads of your ancestors you know...LOL
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by CyberG: 3:46am On Aug 16, 2012
Dede1:

Each time I read stuffs from goofy individuals about Benjamin Adekunle’s bravery, I wonder aloud if the moronic person is referring to the same Adekunle who ran to Port Harcourt the moment his lead brigades were circled in Owerri and Oguta. If laud mouthing is act of bravery, Benjamin Adekunle was a great soldier.

Dende fool, do you know that Adekunle's personal goat was call ojukwu? From what we know, he used the heads of loud mouths who ran their putrid mouths to wipe his black ass, mop the floor and then sacrificed them whether they moved or did not, it mattered not. grin grin
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by CyberG: 3:47am On Aug 16, 2012
ACM10:

Calm down bro. You debate with so much emotion. I'm disappointed by your outburst. What happened to your Mr. Cool persona? You failed to understand that the two can play the game. We can't sit idly while u distort history. Sorry if u are hurting. But we must do what is necessary

I don't think he is hurting at all, YOU and your tribalist ibos are. So you do what is necessary same way, Awo and Ojuku did what they thought was necessary. Kapish!

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (41) (Reply)

APC Presidential Primary: Ahmad Lawan, Yahaya Bello Meet (Pictures) / Let Aba Produce NYSC Uniforms - Ikpeazu, Takes Samples To NYSC DG (Pics) / Obiageli Mazi Promoted To Assistant Headmistress By Governor Zulum In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.