Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria - Politics (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria (59974 Views)

Fani-kayode Writes Open Letter To Buhari On The War Against Boko Haram / APC Has Won The Elections, Except PDP Rigs On The Other Side – Tinubu / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Dede1(m): 5:53pm On Aug 15, 2012
2mch:

Your brothers and you have been boasting. He issued a challenge to at least uphold your boasts. You resort to lies instead as usual. Things that dont exist. Just engage him in an honest discussion for once. lol. Dede

It is only in Yoruba land that act of public disturbance is regarded as act of bravery. No wonder Yoruba men turned tail and ran to neighboring country when the son of soil was cold-bloodedly murdered in Ibadan by drunken soldiers from northern region of Nigeria. What a pity.
I can list high school students who constituted themselves into public nuisance over poorly cooked beans in order to quench your childish pranks.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Dainfamous: 5:54pm On Aug 15, 2012
dayokanu:

So tell us which war Igbos have fought in their history and lets see what the result is.

The only war i can remember is the biafra misadventure and they were massively humiliated by Benjamin Adekunle and friends. till today everything that moved ot not in Biafra still shiver.

maybe you can trace your dementia to the beatdown from Black scorpion

Adekunle is now hungry,i took picture of him am telling you the truth,the man is dying of hunger and malnutrition,i shivered, when i saw him day blessed day' he was lying under a mango tree,i dashed him 1000 naira so that he can buy some local yorobe balance diet,i could not believe my eyes,i have his pixs...i will show it to you soon..
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 15, 2012
Dede1: grin grin

Please remove Wole Soyinka’s name from the group your posted.

The same Wole Soyinka whose support for Biafra landed him in Prison for almost 2 years?! Arent you being more than a little disingenuous here?
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 15, 2012
Dede1:

It is only in Yoruba land that act of public disturbance is regarded as act of bravery. No wonder Yoruba men turned tail and ran to neighboring country when the son of soil was cold-bloodedly murdered in Ibadan by drunken soldiers from northern region of Nigeria. What a pity.
I can list high school students who constituted themselves into public nuisance over poorly cooked beans in order to quench your childish pranks.

The head of State and the Commander in Chief of Biafra army abandoned his army and starving populace and fled. Long before the same drunken soldiers got near his bunker.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 5:58pm On Aug 15, 2012
Dede1: It is only in Yoruba land that act of public disturbance is regarded as act of bravery. No wonder Yoruba men turned tail and ran to neighboring country when the son of soil was cold-bloodedly murdered in Ibadan by drunken soldiers from northern region of Nigeria. What a pity.

Dendemoron,

Are you saying in the histiry of Igbos they have never won any war? Tell us how the Biafra war ended for Igbos? The Leader fled to Abidjan.

1 million were sent beyond by Adekunle, Another 1 million were eaten by their family. I guess it was your Kwashiokor that saved you from being eaten by your clansmen. That same Kwashiokor that affected your reasoning and made you this demented.

Dendemoron, Blame no one but the Ike-eba wuruwuru who gave you catapult and stone to go into a war while he was Kongolizing the underaged Biancar his God-daughter.

What a scumbag Ojuku is. No wonder he died dead, dumb, lonely while his wife was being tossed from household to household trading her toto like pure water.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:00pm On Aug 15, 2012
Hmm.......it is hot on here o. I'm Igbo but I've never understood the blanket statements ascribed to the Yoruba nation for the alleged (and it's only an allegation) treachery of one man in Awo. It's a little juvenile. No one has the monopoly of treachery and it's a common feature of the human race.

As for the chest thumping of the Yorubas about their village wars centuries ago, it indicates nothing about bravery. Funny enough, vain ego trips borne of an inferiority complex could be the motivating factors in such wars. Hitler was no braver than Gandhi because he was a war monger. Strangely, our cowardly Eastern ancestors were able to promulgate their culture across the region without recourse to mass scale warfare and our neighbours never conquered us. This while the lion like tribes in the West saw a Fulani incursion along its Northern borders. It's not like Western empires' conquests extended beyond subjugating their own brothers in their region. Pipe down a little.

Most here know nothing about the horrors of warfare and it's amusing watching keyboard warriors on all divides of the argument beating their chests under internet anonymity from behind a screen.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 15, 2012
ilugunboy: Anyone engaging papa Dede1 is just wasting time...he is a pure history revisionist

Personally, I think he has mental Problems. Compare Dede1 to Eziachi and you see a huge difference. Where the latter is still (understandably) clearly upset at the war and its outcome and is probably still bitter about personal loses, the former is just bat-sh*it crazy and semi-literate to boot. You dont win an argument with a mad-man

Even though I dont agree with all Eziachi puts forward, I'll still listen to him any day and hear his point of view over that of this obvious Old for nothing lunatic called Dede1. Sounds like something that shares genes with Onlytruth.

3 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Dede1(m): 6:03pm On Aug 15, 2012
dayokanu:

So tell us which war Igbos have fought in their history and lets see what the result is.

The only war i can remember is the biafra misadventure and they were massively humiliated by Benjamin Adekunle and friends. till today everything that moved ot not in Biafra still shiver.

maybe you can trace your dementia to the beatdown from Black scorpion

Each time I read stuffs from goofy individuals about Benjamin Adekunle’s bravery, I wonder aloud if the moronic person is referring to the same Adekunle who ran to Port Harcourt the moment his lead brigades were circled in Owerri and Oguta. If laud mouthing is act of bravery, Benjamin Adekunle was a great soldier.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by ACM10: 6:04pm On Aug 15, 2012
Katsumoto: The Biafrans on Nairaland are a joke.

Can't respond to simple challenges

Hate Yoruba folks, call them names; laugh at Yorubaland displaying pictures of ancient but dilapitated cities but still continue to troop to the west like Isrealis looking for the promised land. If you hate Yoruba folks so much, why don't you avoid it like a plague? There are airports and seaports in the East.

Believe that Max Siollun and Nowa Omoigui are hack writers/historians but Femi Fani-Kayode, a junkie, is a credible historian.

Believe that Awo made a pact with them but can't point to where and when that pact was made.

Don't understand the use of conditional clauses

They seized on Fani-Kayode's write-up without requesting evidence but as soon as Kats presents evidence of Biafran tomfoolery in war, Ojukwu charging landing fees to charities delivering free food to starving Biafrans, and questions the noisy and boastful Biafrans about their perceived bravery, they resort to emotional blackmail, crying like little biatches, insults.

Well I got news for you folks, I am not here to make friends; I am here to set the records straight. You are free to carry on with the distracting tactics and irrelevant points.

If dont start something, there aint going to be nothing.

Calm down bro. You debate with so much emotion. I'm disappointed by your outburst. What happened to your Mr. Cool persona? You failed to understand that the two can play the game. We can't sit idly while u distort history. Sorry if u are hurting. But we must do what is necessary
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 6:05pm On Aug 15, 2012
Da infamous: Adekunle is now hungry,i took picture of him am telling you the truth,the man is dying of hunger and malnutrition,i shivered, when i saw him day blessed day' he was lying under a mango tree,i dashed him 1000 naira so that he can buy some local yorobe balance diet,i could not believe my eyes,i have his pixs...i will show it to you soon..

What does it matter if Adekunle is suffering now? Mohammed Ali can barely walk now, Mandela can barely walk now. its not about what they are in their old age. Its about what they were at their peak

At the peak of his career, he beat Ojuku flat down. Turned all your villages to shooting practice, the people that should have told you the story were all killed in the war by Ojuku

Benjamin Adekunle, Ekun oko Igbo

STERN: What will your troops do when you get to the Ibo heartland, that is, to the place populated by Ibos only?

ADEKUNLE: There we will aim at everything even if it is not moving.

STERN: But why are you refusing to discuss this war with a European?

ADEKUNLE: Let me tell you something:[size=14pt] When the Russians surrounded Stalingrad did you request a land corridor from them so as to better feed your soldiers who were stuck in the pot there? Of course you didn’t and I can tell from your face that you think the thought of a land corridor to bring in food for the captured German soldiers in Stalingrad is a bad joke. Me too. Where and when, …………., was there a war in which the loser was re-nourished one more time before the final loss? Why are you just calling for a land corridor for Biafra? Why aren’t you calling for a land corridor for the Viet Kong?[/size] I have to declare: You Europeans are simply not competent!

STERN: Does that mean that the many thousands of tons of food that are stored in Lagos will never get to the refugee camps in your section of the country?

ADEKUNLE: You are a sharp one, my friend. That’s exactly what I am saying.

STERN: But you said yourself that most of the refugees in the part you captured are not Ibos.

ADEKUNLE: But there could be Ibos among them. I want to avoid feeding a single Ibo as long as this whole people have not given up yet.

STERN: Do you sometimes feel sympathy for the Ibos?

ADEKUNLE: I have learned a word from the British, which is "sorry"! That’s how I want to respond to your question. I did not want this war but I want to win this war. Therefore I have to kill the Ibos. Sorry!
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Dede1(m): 6:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
kingoflag:

The same Wole Soyinka whose support for Biafra landed him in Prison for almost 2 years?! Arent you being more than a little disingenuous here?

It appears you can read but comprehend. Wole Soyinka’s name does not belong to the list of jokers posted by Kats
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 15, 2012
Dede1:

It appears you can read but comprehend. Wole Soyinka’s name does not belong to the list of jokers posted by Kats

Maybe if you wrote a little "clearer" then I'd understand. Plus, since your known to display innate hate for the Yorubas and resorting to twisting and distorting facts, I think it should be quite understandable why I took your "praise" for another round of condemnation.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 6:11pm On Aug 15, 2012
Dede1:

Can you just tell us one brave Igbo man instead of ranting back and forth

like Gani, like Wole, like Tai Solarin, like Fela

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Dede1(m): 6:19pm On Aug 15, 2012
kingoflag:

Maybe if you wrote a little "clearer" then I'd understand. Plus, since your known to display innate hate for the Yorubas and resorting to twisting and distorting facts, I think it should be quite understandable why I took your "praise" for another round of condemnation.

I do not navigate to this forum to condone craps, innuendoes and outright fallacies from ninnies. I do not regard myself as an expert on historic facts about Nigeria but nobody can feed me nonsensical tales about recorded events in Nigeria.

It is act of lunacy to think or even insinuate that shooting war is comparable to public disturbance.

3 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by dealordea(m): 6:19pm On Aug 15, 2012
dayokanu:

Such never existed in igbo's lineage... They are all filled with runaway warlord...
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by davades(m): 6:19pm On Aug 15, 2012
grin grin grin

dayokanu:

Dendemoron,

Are you saying in the histiry of Igbos they have never won any war? Tell us how the Biafra war ended for Igbos? The Leader fled to Abidjan.

1 million were sent beyond by Adekunle, Another 1 million were eaten by their family. I guess it was your Kwashiokor that saved you from being eaten by your clansmen. That same Kwashiokor that affected your reasoning and made you this demented.

Dendemoron, Blame no one but the Ike-eba wuruwuru who gave you catapult and stone to go into a war while he was Kongolizing the underaged Biancar his God-daughter.

What a scumbag Ojuku is. No wonder he died dead, dumb, lonely while his. wife was being tossed from household to household trading her toto like pure water.

tongue
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by MrGlobe(m): 6:22pm On Aug 15, 2012
dayokanu:

like Gani, like Tai Solarin, like falana, bakare
Very funny these are the jokers you call brave. people who were just making noise everywhere for the sake of it. You don't understand the igbo mans meaning of bravery, do you? There is a reason while Yoruba people are known world over for noisemaking. when it comes time to walk the talk, they chicken out
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Dede1(m): 6:22pm On Aug 15, 2012
dayokanu:

Any Igbo person who constituted him or herself into public nuisance and engage in any form of public disturbance such Fela, Gani and Solarin should be flogged by his or her kinsmen.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by dealordea(m): 6:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
Dede1:

I do not navigate to this forum to condone craps, innuendoes and outright fallacies from ninnies. I do not regard myself as an expert on historic facts about Nigeria but nobody can feed me nonsensical tales about recorded events in Nigeria.

It is act of lunacy to think or even insinuate that shooting war is comparable to public disturbance.

Chairman... We all know you live a life of historian who never witness what happen but can't help to spout out the bogus your read in the books written by your village square master... Just accept that Yoruba won the war for naija and yoruba won the democracy which you igbo gay enjoy till date..
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by davades(m): 6:25pm On Aug 15, 2012
Aigbofa: Katsumoto, Oga awon ibo alakuko.

grin grin grin LWKD
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Dotman01(m): 6:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
dayokanu:

Simple question List out the Igbo men in hsitory that can be described as brave but mind you, Dont insult us by mentioning the one who fled like a thief in the night wearing gstring

Simple question List out the Igbo men in hsitory that can be described as brave but mind you, Dont insult us by mentioning the one who fled like a thief in the night wearing gstring

Chei. . . Dayo u be Badt boy, walahi
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Goddess12: 6:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
Why can't you stand alone? you must always attach yourself to SS to be relevant, tragic. there is no such thing as "SE/SS" in nigeria, what we have in nigeria is SW,SS,MB,SE,NC&NE, ode
chino24: Yorooba bingo, you monsters are parasites to SE/SS.

From Anambra to Abia to Imo there is huge oil deposits in commercial quantity.

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by MrGlobe(m): 6:33pm On Aug 15, 2012
deal_ordea:

Chairman... We all know you live a life of historian who never witness what happen but can't help to spout out the bogus your read in the books written by your village square master... Just accept that Yoruba won the war for naija and yoruba won the democracy which you igbo gay enjoy till date..
I no you can never explain how you did it but how is it an igbo mans problem. You should say that to the hausas or to the birds better still
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:36pm On Aug 15, 2012
ACM10:

Oh Dede, you bothered to respond to Katsumoto's hogwash of an article? I'm past caring. He will simply overwhelm you with falsehoods, half-truths and exaggerations that u wont know where to start to issue rebuttals. The most annoying part of it is that casual observers cannot be able to differentiate "facts" from his "fiction". He is ever ready to overwhelm you with articles from from hack writers. Even when he cannot produce evidence of his wild assertions. He will continue to repeat it 1000 times. That's why I labelled it "goebbelian lies" .The guy is simply a propagandist. I used to believe his sensational lies till I took to books. Seriously, I've lost respect for the guy.

^^^He's Awos 'Goebbels'.....a very apt description for a remorseless small-minded man, struggling with himself and searching for non-existent reasons to 'try' and justify Awos two-faced actions and treachery.....a more vile pair i'm yet to see shocked.

I just wonder what kind of bad fortune made us to share a country with such sadists .
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by MrGlobe(m): 6:37pm On Aug 15, 2012
Goddess12: Why can't you stand alone? you must always attach yourself to SS to be relevant, tragic. there is no such thing as "SE/SS" in nigeria, what we have in nigeria is SW,SS,MB,SE,NC&NE, ode
shut up. There is nothing like SS. There are igbos in Delta. where will you place them? Oshogbo? dirty Yoruba woman

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Dotman01(m): 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2012
dayokanu:

clifford orji. . .the guy dey chop people like biscuit grin
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2012
Goddess12: Why can't you stand alone? you must always attach yourself to SS to be relevant, tragic. there is no such thing as "SE/SS" in nigeria, what we have in nigeria is SW,SS,MB,SE,NC&NE, ode

^^^There are Igbos in Rivers and Delta states: take me for instance....i'm from Rivers state. smiley

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Goddess12: 6:53pm On Aug 15, 2012
Hahaha!! just when I thought I've heard it all, did you just call yourself a man? who died and made you a man, I see, a man when there is no one at home [quote author=Chyz

I'm not one of those guys who think women should be allowed to talk back to men so shut it.[/quote]
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by dealordea(m): 7:00pm On Aug 15, 2012
No wonder the igbo's women are short in height but filled with wisdom while their men are filled with stubbornness!!! I bet their warlord was warned by her wife but the useless (Ojukwu) was stubborn to smell doom...
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by IleIfe2(m): 7:03pm On Aug 15, 2012
Dotman01: clifford orji. . .the guy dey chop people like biscuit grin

ROTFLMAO
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 7:08pm On Aug 15, 2012
Yorubas will always fight to keep the peoples of Southern Nigeria (SE/SS) with them. What will they live with if they were to go back to their Colony?
They will always betray us to keep the status quo that stated in 1906 when they were joined with the peaceful and egalitarian peoples of southern Nigeria to milk us dry.
I hope that Southern Nigeria people know that they are different from Colony of Lagos people.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by CyberG: 7:11pm On Aug 15, 2012
dayokanu:

Dendemoron,

What a scumbag Ojuku is. No wonder he died dead, dumb, lonely while his wife was being tossed from household to household trading her toto like pure water.

LMAO @ post grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (41) (Reply)

APC Presidential Primary: Ahmad Lawan, Yahaya Bello Meet (Pictures) / Obiageli Mazi Promoted To Assistant Headmistress By Governor Zulum In Borno / Let Aba Produce NYSC Uniforms - Ikpeazu, Takes Samples To NYSC DG (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.