Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... (30072 Views)

Old Photo Of General Babangida, Lt. Col Dimka And Their Coursemates As Cadets / Photo: General Murtala Mohammed Shakes Hand With Lt. Col. Babangida In 1975 / Honorable Kemi Banjo (Alatika): 'Tasted, Trusted & Reliable' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 5:35am On Aug 15, 2012
This is a real question and I want to get the perspective of NLanders. Every time, Ibo claims that they were betrayed when there's no proof of such but just Goebbelian propaganda they heard. However, when Yoruba soldier like Lt. Col. Victor Banjo, a competent soldier in all ramifications, decided to lead the so called Baifara expeditionary force, Ibo don't shout betrayal, WHY?? I love and respect every part of Nigeria and yes, I have been everywhere with my ibo chics but I just want to know! Please no bashing and let us learn together!

As in... [size=30pt]WHY??[/size]

FINALLY: The mostly ibos who have continued to spread lies and division in Nigeria have not been able to answer the question, squarely and frontally. In real life, it is cowardice if a man cannot look at a personal issue in his life and confront it, deal with it once and for all but keeps blaming his neighbour that his own shadow follows him everywhere. How can a man stop his shadow (past deeds) from odiously following him everywhere except by stopping, addressing it, dealing with it and moving on completely. Until the ibos do this, stop blaming others (ibo: i blame others), and accept responsibility for their own actions, which was within their own power to control, the cycle of blame-gaming, victim mentality will not stop.

In a nutshell, in their world: it is OKAY for a man (WHO HAS NO PRIOR AGREEMENT WITH THEM) to act against his own interest but in their own interest ONLY but when he looks out for his own interest or his people's interest, it is a BETRAYAL. When Lt. Col. Banjo (of course in agreement with ojukwu) fought against his country and homeland, he was not a betrayer, but when he appeared not to have done what the (ibo: i before others) want immediately, he is a betrayer and he was immediately executed. Even the scriptures say, whoever shall be the most exalted, shall humble himself the most (Paraphrased). On that note, thanks to everyone and I can only hope we all re-visit history in truth. Cheers!

UPDATE 2:

Welcome to the conversation, master historians, great Nigerians and articulate Nairalanders! My pleasure and certainly that of a lot of others to have you weigh-in on this topic. Without doubt, I know a few master class historians of Nigerian history on this site but I would like us not only to have a discussion about history but analysis, with a philosophical tint. In a nutshell, when Lt. Col Banjo led the biafran army against Nigeria and his Yoruba homeland, in agreement with ojukwu, we don't hear Ibos shout BETRAYAL, but when Chief Awolowo who had NO AGREEMENT with the same ojukwu, protected his people and did what was right, ibos shout betrayal. I implore the discerning and astute Nigerian to put this issue through their human x-ray system and tell us WHY?

7 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Chyz2: 5:45am On Aug 15, 2012
You put up a thread like this and to fuel situations more you write "Ibo" instead of "Igbo" and expect no bashing? I can assure you, if I have the time, not only will I bash in this thread, I will also open up another thread about why Awolowo "misteriously" died after IBB gave him "particular conditions". Respect and receive respect, disrespect then receive fire.

60 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Madawaki01(m): 5:49am On Aug 15, 2012
Don't know why either,but in d peak of d battle,he was killed by ojukwu for selfish reasons,they said he called his army the liberation instead of the biafran army,does this concern ojukwu?what he wanted was the sovereign state of biafra and banjo was fighting d nigerian army,but he wanted people to say the biafran army conquered the mid west,i think he wanted d whole of nigeria(to b the president)and not only biafra,when he knows dat he didn't hav experienced officers in his army,why didn't he wait for a little time before plunging into a war,maybe he thinks a war is a childs play,he only led his pple into misfortune and igbos are licking that wound till today

24 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 5:53am On Aug 15, 2012
Chyz*:
You put up a thread like this and to fuel situations more you write "Ibo" instead of "Igbo" and expect no bashing? I can assure you, if I have the time, not only will I bash in this thread, I will also open up another thread about why Awolowo "misteriously" died after IBB gave him "particular conditions". Respect and receive respect, disrespect then receive fire.

Kindly stay on topic...and not distract with semantics. It is quite interchangeable but let's get some views on this topic.

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by hollabee01: 7:29am On Aug 15, 2012
According to alexander madiabu,who was d Commander in chief of the biafra armed forces major banjo was killed because he was involved in a mutiny attempt and had ties to lagos(like when the biafran forces got to Ore instead of advancing banjo told them to pin down,that gave d nigerian forces time to re-organise and push them back)

8 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by RickyRoss1(m): 7:32am On Aug 15, 2012
Madawaki01: Don't know why either,but in d peak of d battle,he was killed by ojukwu for selfish reasons,they said he called his army the liberation instead of the biafran army,does this concern ojukwu?what he wanted was the sovereign state of biafra and banjo was fighting d nigerian army,but he wanted people to say the biafran army conquered the mid west,i think he wanted d whole of nigeria(to b the president)and not only biafra,when he knows dat he didn't hav experienced officers in his army,why didn't he wait for a little time before plunging into a war,maybe he thinks a war is a childs play,he only led his pple into misfortune and igbos are licking that wound till today

I think this is the closest answer you can get. And just for the records, it is Igbo and no ibo. I am aware that you know what you are doing, but dont start a fight you cannot finish. You can get the correct answer from yorobah brothers like OBJ

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 15, 2012
hollabee01: According to alexander madiabu,who was d Commander in chief of the biafra armed forces major banjo was killed because he was involved in a mutiny attempt and had ties to lagos(like when the biafran forces got to Ore instead of advancing banjo told them to pin down,that gave d nigerian forces time to re-organise and push them back)

that's how I heard it also.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by wesley80(m): 8:15am On Aug 15, 2012
CyberG:

Kindly stay on topic...and not distract with semantics. It is quite interchangeable but let's get some views on this topic.
I'm sure there's a provision for "modify" on your first post isn't there? If your intention is honest why don't you correct your initial error(?) into what most will deem acceptable? You more than anyone knows "Ibo" is viewed as a slight in this forum.

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by abdulkayus(m): 9:18am On Aug 15, 2012
Interestin thread, i will also lyk to know cos d igbo always play d victim nt knowin dat dey are d causes of their misfortune.

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 10:35am On Aug 15, 2012
But one of the core issues this question seeks to address is when Lt. Col. Banjo leads an army against his people and homeland, SE folks don't see anything wrong in such BETRAYAL of his own people. However, they rail unfairly against Chief Awolowo who NEVER made a pact with them at anytime. Is this not double standards and hypocrisy? I want my fellow Igbo brothers to address this topic confidently and honestly.

10 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by nzenze2: 10:42am On Aug 15, 2012
Poster is courting trouble...who on earth calls the highly revered ojukwu ojuku?? and igbo ibo??op is obviously deluded.

**spits on threads......comes back and piss all over op and thread****

27 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by 2mch(m): 10:56am On Aug 15, 2012
Banjo was a fool. Considering the circumstances and how it all played out, he should have known his time was up when they put him as the leader to a suicidal mission and to betray his own people. I would have led them to the SW and abandoned ship at ore. Anyway, he got his reward from Ojukwu for not attacking his own people. grin Ojukwu the ambitious, juvenile, coward. There was never any evidence he actually fought or led troops. cry. If the idea was truly to liberate SW why kill Banjo?

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by OneNaira6: 11:03am On Aug 15, 2012
Any Igbo that falls for this thread will forever be an 1diot. Let me come back in few hours and I see one reply from any Igbo, an advice to that any Igbo, na only you go carry the headache of this tribalistic OP that have long been looking for attention by yourself. Shikena!!!

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 11:12am On Aug 15, 2012
One_Naira: Any Igbo that falls for this thread will forever be an 1diot. Let me come back in few hours and I see one reply from any Igbo, an advice to that any Igbo, na only you go carry the headache of this tribalistic OP that have long been looking for attention by yourself. Shikena!!!

Let us here from people who have a real opinion and not your own herd mentality.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by 2mch(m): 11:14am On Aug 15, 2012
CyberG it seems you have stumbled on a goldmine here and a very interesting question. They can't take it! It makes them very angry to be confronted with questions.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Desola(f): 11:21am On Aug 15, 2012
One_Naira: Any Igbo that falls for this thread will forever be an 1diot. Let me come back in few hours and I see one reply from any Igbo, an advice to that any Igbo, na only you go carry the headache of this tribalistic OP that have long been looking for attention by yourself. Shikena!!!

Hahahaa...did this guy just ordered ibos on this forum to stay away? As in command? Wow! They must be sheeps o. As in what is he feeling like? LOl... cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by OneNaira6: 11:23am On Aug 15, 2012
CyberG:

Let us here from people who have a real opinion and not your own herd mentality.

A simple google search or rather yet read hollabee01 post would provide the answer. WE ALL KNOW YOU CYBERG, You are a tribalistic fool that does nothing but try and start a fight on a Goddamn internet as if you have no life plus joining in every argument and I mean every single argument, screaming and shouting without actually giving any form of relevance to the conversation hence the reason noone takes you seriously. Anyone foolish enough to fall for your sh1t is as 1diotic as you are and he or she should carry your headache by himself or herself. It does not take a genius to realize the intention of your post and just like I suspected no-one is paying mind to it and probably wouldn't. The only people going to pay mind your post are people just like you(i.e: your tribalistic kins).

By the way, you can log in and out using your other ids to make yourself irrelevant including this your thread. I careless.

12 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by OneNaira6: 11:26am On Aug 15, 2012
Just like I predicted: all his tribalistic kins coming in.
You gotta thank God for how easy it is to decipher this website and it's people.

ROFLMFAO. The desperate people always seeking attention.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Desola(f): 11:35am On Aug 15, 2012
Come on! Lay your sentiments aside and see the validity of his question. He asked a very relevant question and you know it except that as an ibo man, you would not admit it because its truth would contradict your song of Awo is a betrayer.

We have asked you on numerous occassions to support your assertions of Awo being a betrayer and coward with solid evidence of an expressed agreement between him and ojukwu that Yorubas would enjoin the ibos in their secession bid but till current, no such proof has been forth coming.

A bulk of assertions made on this forum by the Yorubas with regard to the civil war has been supported with documentary evidence, either from excerpts from books from recognised sources or with internet links for veracity.

Now, the fellow asked a decent and in my opinion, vital question and in shame, you are seeking to avoid it by throwing semantics and your usual emotional blackmail at a simple question.

Surely, you know what it means to be a betrayer and that is why you deem Awolowo one, so why not with your knowledge and expertise at fishing out cowards and betrayers explain to us why your colonel chose a Yoruba man to lead his army against his own people? Do you call Banjo's acceptance as an act of betrayal against his people or is it not betrayal only when it suits the ibo agenda?

I'm just asking.

One_Naira:

A simple google search or rather yet read hollabee01 post would provide the answer. WE ALL KNOW YOU CYBERG, You are a tribalistic fool that does nothing but try and start a fight on a Goddamn internet as if you have no life plus joining in every argument and I mean every single argument, screaming and shouting without actually giving any form of relevance to the conversation hence the reason noone takes you seriously. Anyone foolish enough to fall for your sh1t is as 1diotic as you are and he or she should carry your headache by himself or herself. It does not take a genius to realize the intention of your post and just like I suspected no-one is paying mind to it and probably wouldn't. The only people going to pay mind your post are people just like you(i.e: your tribalistic kins).

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by OneNaira6: 11:45am On Aug 15, 2012
Desola: Come on! Lay your sentiments aside and see the validity of his question. He asked a very relevant question and you know it except that as an ibo man, you would not admit it because its truth would contradict your song of Awo is a betrayer.

We have asked you on numerous occassions to support your assertions of Awo being a betrayer and coward with solid evidence of an expressed agreement between him and ojukwu that Yorubas would enjoin the ibos in their secession bid but till current, no such proof has been forth coming.

A bulk of assertions made on this forum by the Yorubas with regard to the civil war has been supported with documentary evidence, either from excerpts from books from recognised sources or with internet links for veracity.

Now, the fellow asked a decent and in my opinion, vital question and in shame, you are seeking to avoid it by throwing semantics and your usual emotional blackmail at a simple question.

Surely, you know what it means to be a betrayer and that is why you deem Awolowo one, so why not with your knowledge and expertise at fishing out cowards and betrayers explain to us why your colonel chose a Yoruba man to lead his army against his own people? Do you call Banjo's acceptance as an act of betrayal against his people or is it not betrayal only when it suits the ibo agenda?

I'm just asking.

Who gives a F2K ABOUT AWOLOWO OR BANJO. You are talking to the wrong person on this thread. Name how many times I've gotten involved with whther Awolowo betrayed Igbos. I careless or give a f2k whether Awolowo betrayed Igbos or not, the man is a pig burning in Hell and far as I'm concerned whatever stanch he took in Biafra war is on him and him alone. Look for the next person to give you people the attention you people desperately seek. I'm not one of the those people that do so.

BTW: Keep peddling the lies that your people somehow providing evidence to support your assertions. Changing a topic and moving it off tracks isn't evidence but what it is: changing a topic to something completely irrelevant. If we go back to the kayode thread, that alone proves it. Noone addressed main topic of the conversation but instead changing the direction of the thread to a topic completely out of what kayode said. Keep telling yourselves that as long as it put una to sleep.

15 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by PhysicsQED(m): 11:46am On Aug 15, 2012
@ the OP

Read p. 100-103 of The Struggle for Secession, 1966-1970: A Personal Account of the Nigerian Civil War by Ntieyong U. Akpan and come to your own conclusions.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by 2mch(m): 11:53am On Aug 15, 2012
Lmao this Igbo's are good at emotional lies and spreading propaganda. The issue is propaganda blinds them alone and makes them take foolish decisions time and time again. The fact is Awo's name is not Zik, Nzeogwu, Ironsi or Ojukwu. These people are roasting for their betrayal and the killing of their own people. I wonder what power a finance minister will have under the military. Not to talk of what obligation Nigeria as your enemy had to feed you. Back to the question of the thread, why was Banjo killed? Banjo killed himself. He went to fight with people that kill others but spare theirs and pretend to be trying to change something. A snake cannot bron a monkey. They betrayed Nigeria, and their closest friends/mentors in the army. Who was Banjo not to be betrayed?

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Desola(f): 12:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
One_Naira:

Who gives a F2K ABOUT AWOLOWO OR BANJO. You are talking to the wrong person on this thread. Name how many times I've gotten involved with whther Awolowo betrayed Igbos. I careless or give a f2k whether Awolowo betrayed Igbos or not, [b]the man is a pig burning in Hell [/b]and far as I'm concerned whatever stanch he took in Biafra war is on him and him alone. Look for the next person to give you people the attention you people desperately seek. I'm not one of the those people that do so.

BTW: Keep peddling the lies that your people somehow providing evidence to support your assertions. Changing a topic and moving it off tracks isn't evidence but what it is: changing a topic to something completely irrelevant. If we go back to the kayode thread, that alone proves it. Noone addressed main topic of the conversation but instead changing the direction of the thread to a topic completely out of what kayode said. Keep telling yourselves that as long as it put una to sleep.

Fine!

Answer me this: Why do you think he's burning in hell? You don't care if he betrayed ibos or not but you believe that he is burning in hell, why?

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by vanbonattel: 12:29pm On Aug 15, 2012
Banjo is a rat, he was caught and killed, if you want answers ask ajikwu grin abi ojukwu dey nairaland? Fhuking tribalists with tribal marks,

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by OneNaira6: 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2012
Desola:

Fine!

Answer me this: Why do you think he's burning in hell? You don't care if he betrayed ibos or not but you believe that he is burning in hell, why?

There are many things that man did but My main care is the abandonment property and the 20 pounds policy which impacted my family directly. By the way, before you start on the it is ojukwu's fault, it's ojukwu's fault. Ojukwu never declared Asaba as part of Biafra therefore alot of Asabaian did not change their money to Biafran notes (my family included) but that sure as heck did not stop Awolowo hence he's burning in hell.

7 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by vanbonattel: 12:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
2mch: Lmao this Igbo's are good at emotional lies and spreading propaganda. The issue is propaganda blinds them alone and makes them take foolish decisions time and time again. The fact is Awo's name is not Zik, Nzeogwu, Ironsi or Ojukwu. These people are roasting for their betrayal and the killing of their own people. I wonder what power a finance minister will have under the military. Not to talk of what obligation Nigeria as your enemy had to feed you. Back to the question of the thread, why was Banjo killed? Banjo killed himself. He went to fight with people that kill others but spare theirs and pretend to be trying to change something. A snake cannot bron a monkey. They betrayed Nigeria, and their closest friends/mentors in the army. Who was Banjo not to be betrayed?

Betrayal is in the yoruba blood, ask awo cool

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by vanbonattel: 12:35pm On Aug 15, 2012
PhysicsQED: @ the OP

Read p. 100-103 of The Struggle for Secession, 1966-1970: A Personal Account of the Nigerian Civil War by Ntieyong U. Akpan and come to your own conclusions.

Do you even mind them, none of them ever read good books. The only facts they know is lies their fathers told them in druken stupor

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 12:43pm On Aug 15, 2012
Focus, focus guys!! Stay on the topic!
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 15, 2012
Igbo hate Yoruba!

Yoruba betrayed Igbo!

Hausa/Fulani kill Middle Belt!

Middle Belt hate Hausa Fulani!

Niger Delta exploited by the North!

The North insulted by the Niger Delta!

Excuse me folks, why waist our time chasing shadows?

Nigeria to be or not not be, is as simple as ABC.

If Nigeria is to be, what form will it take? So we can start thinking of creativity and productivity and move forward.
If not to be, then let us decide how we shall split in peace and stop this waste of life called "one" Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by vanbonattel: 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2012
CyberG: Focus, focus guys!! Stay on the topic!

Whish topic, lemme tell you what the topic is, now remove your pants, deep your finger into your anus, deeper.....deeper still, now drag it out and smell it, what does it smell like? That is the summary of your life wink

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by vanbonattel: 12:58pm On Aug 15, 2012
noblezone: Igbo hate Yoruba!

Yoruba betrayed Igbo!

Hausa/Fulani kill Middle Belt!

Middle Belt hate Hausa Fulani!

Niger Delta exploited by the North!

The North insulted by the Niger Delta!

Excuse me folks, why waist our time chasing shadows?

Nigeria to be or not not be, is as simple as ABC.

If Nigeria is to be, what form will it take? So we can start thinking of creativity and productivity and move forward.
If not to be, then let us decide how we shall split in peace and stop this waste of life called "one" Nigeria.

Nigeria can never be! Ojukwu told them and they refused, now see the deep sheit everybody has fallen into now. All these people with tribal marks are all hoping ojukwu succeeded, but shame no go gree them talk.we are not afraid anymore, let the country capsize or bust into flames now. All of una go suffer am together. Ijiots!

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Obinoscopy(m): 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
My history might be a bit rusty. But I think he was killed because of an attempted coup and an attempt on the life of Ojukwu. Also Col. Banjo was seen as a traitor. His stopping at Ore during the SouthWest incursion by his men casted doubt on the Biafran Military on his loyalty.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Florence Ita Giwa Celebrates Her 71st Birthday: See Throwback Photos / See How Enugu State Wellcomed Vice President Osinbajo / Update On Second Niger Bridge (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.