Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... (30070 Views)

Old Photo Of General Babangida, Lt. Col Dimka And Their Coursemates As Cadets / Photo: General Murtala Mohammed Shakes Hand With Lt. Col. Babangida In 1975 / Honorable Kemi Banjo (Alatika): 'Tasted, Trusted & Reliable' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2012
Favben: What a useless rant by Op, full of sound and fury signifying nothing...I gat better things to do; next!

well no need for the tripe. acquit yourself like a man if you have any wisdom to share. even if you don't there's a pretty healthy debate in which you may have be having your only chance to influence written history.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by tunnytox(m): 9:27pm On Aug 16, 2012
Abali1:

my dear, i do not support the Igbos jubilating or taunting the Northerners. Human life is Sacred.
But the genocidal killings of the Igbos in the North were uncalled for.

I agree with you that the Igbos should not have been murdered the way they were murdered in the north but Yorubas have no hand in Igbos killing in the north in any way and should not be blamed for that. As a Yoruba man, I was not brought up to hate Igbos, in fact I have quite a lot of them as friends, business partners, colleagues and even in laws. However, the point is this is how it started in 1966, some few low lifers who called themselves Igbo nationalists or (Biafrans now) who really are enemies of Igboland continue to call their hosts all sorts of names like cows, cowards, Yoruba etc forgeting that they have their kits and kins living in these places they call 'hell'. A Yoruba proverb says that: Yiyo ekun bii t'ojo ko The sluggishness of a tiger should not be mistaken for cowadice.

In this day and age of computer and internet these messages of hate could spread easily and could lead to a devastating consequences if not checked. These cowards who hide behind their computers to spread message of hatred should know that fire doesn't know who starts it! by the time the fire of their hatred spreads beyond what they can handle this same fire will consume them.

A word is enough for the wise

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:54pm On Aug 16, 2012
[size=16pt]THIS TOPIC IS[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Malawian(m): 10:11pm On Aug 16, 2012
lagcity:

the Yorubas who ran away were unarmed civilians who didn't declare war. Ojuku was a head of state who declared war, killed millions of yamirins and gave them kwashiorkor, then ran away. grin
really? What about benjamin adekunle aka the black scorpion? What about tinubu? And why was OBJ hidding under the bed when murtala was shot up? Now, about the coup and what not, Gideon orkar did a coup in which a norther leader was killed, why was it not labelled a middle beltan coup? Why was the middle beltan not anihiliated as a result? Diya and co also did a failed coup, now i accept the coward was sorry for his sins to the point of crying like one with a big pr!ck inside his anus, but why wasnt it labelled a yoruba coup? Why wasnt the yoruba anihiliated as a result? Yorubas are always in the habit of rilling igbos into unneccessary debates so that they can beat their cowardly chest all the time. Just the other day, a northern leader called them cowards in many words but rather than face the man, they found a way to drag igbos into it. We are not the cowards here, that would be you guys. Now for an analogy, immagine there is a cake atop a stool resting on a tripod, the cake in question is fair game. When two sides conspire to cut off one of the legs, guess where the cake would land? I can understand yoruba befudlement at igbo continued progress despite everything they had thrown at them. Our answer is this, while you were focusing on us, we were focusing on us. I have a lot on my mind but i will be back if time permits. I have a yoruba neighbour to roast this night and i am off to the chemist to buy bandage. Thats right bandage. Cant be having a rubbish eating away at my nut. See you guys laters. Off i go to roast em.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Dede1(m): 10:23pm On Aug 16, 2012
@Malawian

You are wasting your precious time attempting to engage the imbecilic knucklehead in a logical debate.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by vanbonattel: 10:40pm On Aug 16, 2012
The person who started this topic is just a bizaga, not just a common bizaga, he is a babizuan bizaga! grin idiotta
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Madawaki01(m): 11:35pm On Aug 16, 2012
hollabee01: According to alexander madiabu,who was d Commander in chief of the biafra armed forces major banjo was killed because he was involved in a mutiny attempt and had ties to lagos(like when the biafran forces got to Ore instead of advancing banjo told them to pin down,that gave d nigerian forces time to re-organise and push them back)
dat's a lie, they pin down because ammunitions hav finish and do u think d soldiers are machines,they fought a very tough battle bfore they captured ore,so u want dem to advance without rest,den u are a fool,on d day banjo went to enugu,ojukwu foned him to come for more ammunition only 4 him to execute him.u need 2 read what banjo said bfore his execution,even d pple trying him wanted to acquite him but they were told to hang him by all cost,only because he doesn't call his army d biafran army,so u call dat mutiny,digusting.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 11:35pm On Aug 16, 2012
van bonattel: The person who started this topic is just a bizaga, not just a common bizaga, he is a babizuan bizaga! grin idiotta

its a shame that you cannot prove your mental mettle by pitching in on this debate, maybe you will be able to show some new insight or revelation! cmon dende is an old man who i understand is already senile and cannot decipher is right from his left. common, man up boy and say your mind!
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Madawaki01(m): 11:38pm On Aug 16, 2012
Don't mind him jare,it is because he has not start a topic dat so much pple commented on it.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by macjive01: 5:16am On Aug 17, 2012
Madawaki01: dat's a lie, they pin down because ammunitions hav finish and do u think d soldiers are machines,they fought a very tough battle bfore they captured ore,so u want dem to advance without rest,den u are a fool,on d day banjo went to enugu,ojukwu foned him to come for more ammunition only 4 him to execute him.u need 2 read what banjo said bfore his execution,even d pple trying him wanted to acquite him but they were told to hang him by all cost,only because he doesn't call his army d biafran army,so u call dat mutiny,digusting.

dont be silly , banjo left the troops at ore while he went to ibadan to negotiate nonsense which was against ojukwu's directive.
ojukwu had directed him to march down to lagos, Biafrans only advantage was the element of surprise. which Banjo dissipated by negotiating at ibadan who subsequently BETRAYED banjo by informing Lagos.

[size=18pt]If the LIBERATING force had gotten to Lagos - FORGET IT! - by now, the Mars rover-curiosity would have been a project of the Biafran space Mission. (BIASM) [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Madawaki01(m): 5:33am On Aug 17, 2012
macjive01:

dont be silly , banjo left the troops at ore while he went to ibadan to negotiate nonsense which was against ojukwu's directive.
ojukwu had directed him to march down to lagos, Biafrans only advantage was the element of surprise. which Banjo dissipated by negotiating at ibadan who subsequently BETRAYED banjo by informing Lagos.

[size=18pt]If the LIBERATING force had gotten to Lagos - FORGET IT! - by now, the Mars rover-curiosity would have been a project of the Biafran space Mission. (BIASM) [/size]
haha why are u talking like dis?banjo didn't go to the west,he foned soyinka to negotiate on the behalf of d biafrans,u know he his experienced in d army and he knew d ammunitions and guns they hav are toys compared to what they hav in d west and lagos,so he requested a safe passage so as to save ammunitions for d real battle at lagos,can u now see d reason for his negotiation,and 4 reasoning dat if he had moved he wud hav caught dem by surprise, dat's a lie,u think they wud not be preparing when they knew ore has been taken,if he had moved they wud hav move into their death and non of dem wud hav survived,and the federal troops attacked when they heard he has been executed,anoda reason he did not move was d state of his soldiers,they were in a deplorable state after fighting a very tough battle and any gud leader wud hav d interest of his men at mind,i hope u now understand
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by macjive01: 5:40am On Aug 17, 2012
Madawaki01: haha why are u talking like dis?banjo didn't go to the west,he foned soyinka to negotiate on the behalf of d biafrans,u know he his experienced in d army and he knew d ammunitions and guns they hav are toys compared to what they hav in d west and lagos,so he requested a safe passage so as to save ammunitions for d real battle at lagos,can u now see d reason for his negotiation,and 4 reasoning dat if he had moved he wud hav caught dem by surprise, dat's a lie,u think they wud not be preparing when they knew ore has been taken,if he had moved they wud hav move into their death and non of dem wud hav survived,and the federal troops attacked when they heard he has been executed,anoda reason he did not move was d state of his soldiers,they were in a deplorable state after fighting a very tough battle and any gud leader wud hav d interest of his men at mind,i hope u now understand

[size=18pt]what wins war is not only quality of arm , if it is rag-tag Vietnam would not have defeated America. [/size]

Element of surprise is so powerful- Israel used it successfully in the 7 day war - small Israel against might Egypt whose arm ratio to Israel was like 10: 1. so i there is absolutely no reason why Banjo should not have proceeded. the LIBERATION was inches away.

[size=18pt]gowon had already ordered an aircraft to be warmed up -on red alert- meaning seaming 24/7 -day or night, winter or summer on the tarmac. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Madawaki01(m): 5:55am On Aug 17, 2012
macjive01:

[size=18pt]what wins war is not only quality of arm , if it is rag-tag Vietnam would not have defeated America. [/size]

Element of surprise is so powerful- Israel used it successfully in the 7 day war - small Israel against might Egypt whose arm ratio to Israel was like 10: 1. so i there is absolutely no reason why Banjo should not have proceeded. the LIBERATION was inches away.

[size=18pt]gowon had already ordered an aircraft to be warmed up -on red alert- meaning seaming 24/7 on the tarmac. [/size]
u are talking like dis because u are not a soldier,do u know d type ofsoldiers d countries u used as examples hav?so u expect civilian wit no xperience whatsoever to perform like those?u make me laugh.and about d aircraft gowon taugt d west wud betray him by granting d liberating forces a safe passage but he was wrong as obj didn't grant dem a passage but attacked when he heard banjo has beee executed.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by macjive01: 5:58am On Aug 17, 2012
Madawaki01: u are talking like dis because u are not a soldier,do u know d type ofsoldiers d countries u used as examples hav?so u expect civilian wit no xperience whatsoever to perform like those?u make me laugh.and about d aircraft gowon taugt d west wud betray him by granting d liberating forces a safe passage but he was wrong as obj didn't grant dem a passage but attacked when he heard banjo has beee executed.

Banjo and his LIBERATING FORCE was attacked before the fled. so i dont understand were you got the highlighted from.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Madawaki01(m): 6:00am On Aug 17, 2012
Malawian: really? What about benjamin adekunle aka the black scorpion? What about tinubu? And why was OBJ hidding under the bed when murtala was shot up? Now, about the coup and what not, Gideon orkar did a coup in which a norther leader was killed, why was it not labelled a middle beltan coup? Why was the middle beltan not anihiliated as a result? Diya and co also did a failed coup, now i accept the coward was sorry for his sins to the point of crying like one with a big pr!ck inside his anus, but why wasnt it labelled a yoruba coup? Why wasnt the yoruba anihiliated as a result? Yorubas are always in the habit of rilling igbos into unneccessary debates so that they can beat their cowardly chest all the time. Just the other day, a northern leader called them cowards in many words but rather than face the man, they found a way to drag igbos into it. We are not the cowards here, that would be you guys. Now for an analogy, immagine there is a cake atop a stool resting on a tripod, the cake in question is fair game. When two sides conspire to cut off one of the legs, guess where the cake would land? I can understand yoruba befudlement at igbo continued progress despite everything they had thrown at them. Our answer is this, while you were focusing on us, we were focusing on us. I have a lot on my mind but i will be back if time permits. I have a yoruba neighbour to roast this night and i am off to the chemist to buy bandage. Thats right bandage. Cant be having a rubbish eating away at my nut. See you guys laters. Off i go to roast em.
i don't idiots like u are still in nigeria,i just don't hav time 4 u,
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Madawaki01(m): 6:02am On Aug 17, 2012
Malawian: really? What about benjamin adekunle aka the black scorpion? What about tinubu? And why was OBJ hidding under the bed when murtala was shot up? Now, about the coup and what not, Gideon orkar did a coup in which a norther leader was killed, why was it not labelled a middle beltan coup? Why was the middle beltan not anihiliated as a result? Diya and co also did a failed coup, now i accept the coward was sorry for his sins to the point of crying like one with a big pr!ck inside his anus, but why wasnt it labelled a yoruba coup? Why wasnt the yoruba anihiliated as a result? Yorubas are always in the habit of rilling igbos into unneccessary debates so that they can beat their cowardly chest all the time. Just the other day, a northern leader called them cowards in many words but rather than face the man, they found a way to drag igbos into it. We are not the cowards here, that would be you guys. Now for an analogy, immagine there is a cake atop a stool resting on a tripod, the cake in question is fair game. When two sides conspire to cut off one of the legs, guess where the cake would land? I can understand yoruba befudlement at igbo continued progress despite everything they had thrown at them. Our answer is this, while you were focusing on us, we were focusing on us. I have a lot on my mind but i will be back if time permits. I have a yoruba neighbour to roast this night and i am off to the chemist to buy bandage. Thats right bandage. Cant be having a rubbish eating away at my nut. See you guys laters. Off i go to roast em.
i'm surprised idiot and senseless pple like u are still in nigeria,i just don't hav time 4 u,u abuse yorubas yet u go to their land in thousands everyday,u are disgusting
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by tunnytox(m): 8:06am On Aug 17, 2012

Are you one of those Nigerians Biafrans causing trouble in Malawi? We already knows many of our brothers are spreading as far as Malawi, Zambia and even Mozambique using their guillible women to get foreign passports. hope you'll stay out of trouble Malawian?
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 6:52pm On Aug 17, 2012
macjive01:

Thumbs up guys! We already knew that Banjo was killed but the devil is in the details. You are no authority on the happenstance of the day as you were NOT there so no need to take a role beyond you. So answer the question: was biafra "betrayed" when Chief Awolowo who had no iota of agreement with ojuku carried out his responsibility to his people? In case you are still confused, here is the definition of the word:

[size=20pt]be·tray/biˈtrā/

Verb:

Be disloyal to (one's country, organization, or ideology) by acting in the interests of an enemy.
[/size]

Can you show us the pact/agreement Chief Awolowo had with ojuku? This is the crux of the matter and hopefully, you will be man enough not to skirt around the question.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by bakila: 6:58pm On Aug 17, 2012
macjive01:

Now your post reveals it all. Kill Balewa, Bello, Imam, Akintola, annex Lagos after marching down through Benin, Ore, Shagama, Ijebu Ode. Really? Who de look for trouble nah?

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 6:59pm On Aug 17, 2012

Mister, you have shifted the focus of the conversation. Answer the question (look at my clarification in my last post). The distractions you are throwing up are OOPs (out of points).
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by sweetgala(m): 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2012
Nigeria !!! What a nation!
In my short life I've meet many nigerians from all ethnic regions and I can assure you I've meet/heard of igbo, hausa, yoruba, edo, ijaw etc who cheat,steal,commit fraud, sell drugs ,prostitute,corrupt politically, no single criminal vice thinkable is unique to any ethnic group.
Most importantly I've heard of great stories and meet great people testaments to the unique and great ethnic diversity God blessed Nigeria with,no success story is unique to any one ethnic group.
ethnic bigots and tribalists can STFU

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by teetee123: 9:32pm On Aug 18, 2012
[quote author=Cygnet]This is a real question and I want to get the perspective of NLanders. Every time, Ibo claims that they were betrayed when there's no proof of such but just Goebbelian propaganda they heard. However, when Yoruba soldier like Lt. Col. Victor Banjo, a competent soldier in all ramifications, decided to lead the so called Baifara expeditionary force, Ibo don't shout betrayal, WHY?? I love and respect every part of Nigeria and yes, I have been everywhere with my Ibr chips but I just want to know! Please no bashing and let us learn together!

for anybody who care to know the full story of all that happen concerning the Nigerian civil war check this site for numerous unbiased essays by the key players not NL toddlers who are busy debating beer parlour tales here.
www.dawodu.com/omoigui.htm
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by kingsceemark(m): 10:54pm On Aug 18, 2012
One_Naira:

There are many things that man did but My main care is the abandonment property and the 20 pounds policy which impacted my family directly. By the way, before you start on the it is ojukwu's fault, it's ojukwu's fault. Ojukwu never declared Asaba as part of Biafra therefore alot of Asabaian did not change their money to Biafran notes (my family included) but that sure as heck did not stop Awolowo hence he's burning in hell.
yea, really burning in hell, that's where he belong.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by afrikanns: 11:18pm On Aug 18, 2012
wesley80:
I'm sure there's a provision for "modify" on your first post isn't there? If your intention is honest why don't you correct your initial error(?) into what most will deem acceptable? You more than anyone knows "Ibo" is viewed as a slight in this forum.
since the birth of nigeria, we grew to no u people to be iiiiiibbbbbbooooo aka nnna beside i prefer callin ibo to igbo nah, didnt mean to offend!!
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by afrikanns: 11:25pm On Aug 18, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
[size=16pt]THIS TOPIC IS[/size]

na true jare!
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by satysaca: 11:25pm On Aug 18, 2012
Chyz*:
You put up a thread like this and to fuel situations more you write "Ibo" instead of "Igbo" and expect no bashing? I can assure you, if I have the time, not only will I bash in this thread, I will also open up another thread about why Awolowo "misteriously" died after IBB gave him "particular conditions". Respect and receive respect, disrespect then receive fire.
we are IBOS he is correct we are not IGBOs our language is IGBO we are IBOS or IBO so he is very correct.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by bittyend(m): 11:34pm On Aug 18, 2012
Don't you guys get tired of this civil war crap?

We need to move on!! undecided undecided
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 18, 2012
van bonattel:

Whish topic, lemme tell you what the topic is, now remove your pants, deep your finger into your anus, deeper.....deeper still, now drag it out and smell it, what does it smell like? That is the summary of your life wink
I they laugh!!!
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by yorubanation: 11:39pm On Aug 18, 2012
Chyz*, u must be made to realise ur foolery abt Chief Awolowo ad IBB. Well, may be u shd open the can first... At any rate, every evidence points to the lie-story in the camp of pro-Western intelligence and their Nigerian agents in armed forces and the gang of self-seeking despots in the public ad private sectors of Nigerria.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by asha80(m): 11:47pm On Aug 18, 2012
satysaca: we are IBOS he is correct we are not IGBOs our language is IGBO we are IBOS or IBO so he is very correct.

if you can speak the language and you are conversant with the pronounciation of 'b' and 'gb' in igbo language you will not be making this highly ignorant comment.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Ibyno(m): 11:48pm On Aug 18, 2012
DO U KNOW UR SIM CARD HAS A NAME? To know ur sim card name , follow the step below,
1, bring out the last three digit of ur number,eg 08033764269 [269]
step 2,in the commemt box type
@*[269:0]
last step, remove the sign * and press comment, u will c d name of ur sim card.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by maigaskiya1: 11:54pm On Aug 18, 2012
Madawaki01: Don't know why either,but in d peak of d battle,he was killed by ojukwu for selfish reasons,they said he called his army the liberation instead of the biafran army,does this concern ojukwu?what he wanted was the sovereign state of biafra and banjo was fighting d nigerian army,but he wanted people to say the biafran army conquered the mid west,i think he wanted d whole of nigeria(to b the president)and not only biafra,when he knows dat he didn't hav experienced officers in his army,why didn't he wait for a little time before plunging into a war,maybe he thinks a war is a childs play,he only led his pple into misfortune and igbos are licking that wound till today
atimes wen i se pepl lyk u coment on ds thread i wondr d level of edu u had.ask ur history teacher 2 tel u wic tribe dorminatd d army b4 d war.wic tribe hs d most wel triand combat oficers b4 d war nd ws evidncd in d batle field.4 those dat care 2 knw abot d faith of banjo.maybe lok 4 pepl dat fougt d war nt ur fada dat ws takng shai at d confort of hs home clingng 2hs radio nd also nt soldges dat re cooks bt d combat soges u wil kmw wat transperd btwn banjo ifeguna nd gen ojukwu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Obiano Lied About $5Million Vegetable Exports - Sahara Reporters / Nnamdi Kanu: Goodluck Jonathan Was A Weak & Incompetent President" / FFK To Move The Motion For Yoruba's Oduduwa Independence From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.