Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... (30037 Views)

Old Photo Of General Babangida, Lt. Col Dimka And Their Coursemates As Cadets / Photo: General Murtala Mohammed Shakes Hand With Lt. Col. Babangida In 1975 / Honorable Kemi Banjo (Alatika): 'Tasted, Trusted & Reliable' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by dayokanu(m): 4:41pm On Aug 16, 2012
BlackPikiN:

After that show me the progress your region and your masters up north made?
What are the achivements from your region except grand corruption, mass assassination and thievry?

The progress made is what makes you cannibals to leave your caves en masse and troop to the SW and North

Every self respecting Igbo man would avoid his hometown like a plague. Thats why despite the suya-ing going on in the North,

You losers still prefer to live there than go back home

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by dayokanu(m): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2012
Abali1:

my dear, i do not support the Igbos jubilating or taunting the Northerners. Human life is Sacred.
But the genocidal killings of the Igbos in the North were uncalled for.

Nothing is uncalled for after you start the first action.

Kill my brother, So you expect me to kill your own brother too? You must be a jester. I would wipe out your whole village

Even in the bible, when one guy r@ped Jacobs daughter Dinah, Did her brother go back and r@pe his sister? No They killed everyman in the city

If you start something the other party would end it on their own terms only

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Afam4eva(m): 4:51pm On Aug 16, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Don't lie!!
There's a video of that coup.
Everybody celebrated in Nigeria.
I was about to say this too. I remember a video of people celebrating in their thousands in Lagos. I guess all of them were Igbos too.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 5:00pm On Aug 16, 2012
Abali1:

I did not want to answer your question because it was going to raise more questions from you.
Banjo as well as Ojukwu is a millitary officer. So he recognised the word "treason"(that is actually debatable).
As a millitary officer if you carry out a coup or attempt to carry out a coup or associate with those planning a coup... most often than not the penalty is Death.
So banjo was killed because of what he did or was about to do(how truthful this coup story is, is debatable).

If I knew you in real life, you're someone that I would like to talk to. You seem to be a lot like my Igbo friends and yes, you and I were most probably not born a long time after the war was over. I know war is not easy and lets face it, in a war the luckiest dead might be the ones who got killed by a single bullet while a lot died slowly, got torn into shreds by shrapnel, etc. It still is saddening that things like that happened but now it's history and there's nothing that can be done to erase it but just learn from it.

I know how and why (official reason) why Banjo was killed and I am not even here to challenge that at all. [size=16pt]The goal of this thread is to let Igbos think: wait a minute, how come the igbos say or think it is okay for Banjo, who had a pact and understanding with Ojukwu, to lead an army against his people but when someone (Chief Awolowo) who NEVER made an agreement or pact with Ojukwu looked out for his, it BECOMES A BETRAYAL? Think about it objectively and you will see it makes no sense, outright lie, and an attempt to blame another person for ones failure. [/size]
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Abali1(m): 5:03pm On Aug 16, 2012
dayokanu:

You know in life revenge is most likely not equal to initial action

If I sit down and you slap me, I can either bone, slap back machette you or shoot you.

In World war 1, It was one person ArchDuke ferdinand that was killed and the whole world erupted.

Are you saying the response of American to 9-11 should be equal to the initial action ?

Dayo, am not saying their response/revenge should be equal... after the July counter coup, the killing continued. Many Igbos were ready to go back to their region... Gowon, Head of State and Katsina the then Governor all assured the Igbos that the killings will stop... Did the killings stop?

My dear, The Genocide was unnecessary.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 16, 2012
CyberG:

If I knew you in real life, you're someone that I would like to talk to. You seem to be a lot like my Igbo friends and yes, you and I were most probably not born a long time after the war was over. I know war is not easy and lets face it, in a war the luckiest dead might be the ones who got killed by a single bullet while a lot died slowly, got torn into shreds by shrapnel, etc. It still is saddening that things like that happened but now it's history and there's nothing that can be done to erase it but just learn from it.

I know how and why (official reason) why Banjo was killed and I am not even here to challenge that at all. [size=16pt]The goal of this thread is to let Igbos think: wait a minute, how come the igbos say or think it is okay for Banjo, who had a pact and understanding with Ojukwu, lead an army against his people but when someone who (Chief Awolowo) made an agreement or pact with Ojukwu looked out for his, it BECOMES A BETRAYAL? Think about it objectively and you will see it makes no sense, outright lie, and an attempt to blame another person for ones failure. [/size]

Their minds are already made up and there is nothing left to think. Banjo was killed because he failed at Ore and probably because Ojukwu doubted his loyalty. He killed everyone he considered a threat to his ambition. Banjo, like Fajuyi died like a brave soldier, defending what they thought was right.
What about Ojukwu himself? The pampered little rich kid. He bolted when the time came to be a real soldier.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Abali1(m): 5:16pm On Aug 16, 2012
CyberG:

I know how and why (official reason) why Banjo was killed and I am not even here to challenge that at all. [size=16pt]The goal of this thread is to let Igbos think: wait a minute, how come the igbos say or think it is okay for Banjo, who had a pact and understanding with Ojukwu, to lead an army against his people but when someone (Chief Awolowo) who NEVER made an agreement or pact with Ojukwu looked out for his, it BECOMES A BETRAYAL? Think about it objectively and you will see it makes no sense, outright lie, and an attempt to blame another person for ones failure. [/size]

My dear, the civil war was and is still an emotional issue for people to deal with. If you go through all my post in this forum(I have never blamed anyone, no matter your tribe when it comes to the war).

The arguement could be for or against, any of the tribes. For instance the "emotional" igbos believe that if Awolowo has declared Oduduwa republic at the same time Biafra was being declared, then the North(FG) will back off. Because in millitary strategy you can't fight war on two fronts.
Now the "emotional" Yorubas are saying that Pa Awo's Semantics was.... if the Igbos were allowed to seceed, then the Yorubas would not have a choice but to also leave.

It all boils down to.. the war has been fought and lost or won.... which way forwrd?
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by dayokanu(m): 5:21pm On Aug 16, 2012
Abali1:

Dayo, am not saying their response/revenge should be equal... after the July counter coup, the killing continued. Many Igbos were ready to go back to their region... Gowon, Head of State and Katsina the then Governor all assured the Igbos that the killings will stop... Did the killings stop?

My dear, The Genocide was unnecessary.

Its left to the people who were wronged to decide when the response is enough.

They had a counter coup, they thought that wasnt enough, they had pogroms they felt that wasnt enough

So it went to a war it was until they had 3m Ibos that they felt it was enough

Lessons for the future dont start what you cant finish e.g start a coup

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by yarodin: 5:29pm On Aug 16, 2012
dayokanu:

They had a counter coup, they thought that wasnt enough, they had pogroms they felt that wasnt enough

You forgot to add " Don't trust cowards and backstabbers". Thank me later.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Abali1(m): 5:34pm On Aug 16, 2012
dayokanu:

If you are conversant with the history of the Nigerian civil war, you will know that what you wrote is not entirely the truth. If the Igbos did not resist the invading armies, the number might well have been up to ten million.
Moreover, the FG government has a lot of help from the foreigners. If it had been Hausa/North versus the SE, may be history would have been written differently.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by chatterly: 5:40pm On Aug 16, 2012
nzenze2: Poster is courting trouble...who on earth calls the highly revered ojukwu ojuku?? and igbo ibo??op is obviously deluded.

**spits on threads......comes back and piss all over op and thread****

But you guys have a divine right to call yorubas "yorobah" or Yoruba?

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by yarodin: 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2012
;
chatterly:

But you guys have a divine right to call yorubas "yorobah" or Yoruba?

haba but your soups are Yoruba manu now, I don't know about "yorobah" but the shiit is funny walahi.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 5:49pm On Aug 16, 2012
yarodin: ;

haba but your soups are Yoruba manu now, I don't know about "yorobah" but the shiit is funny walahi.

When ibo region progressed the most, you know their major product palm oil - used for "Yoruba". You now shaite, denigrate and impugn the handiwork of your ancestors which they pride themselves over? Most of them got their first break, education in palm oil business used for ofemmau.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by yarodin: 5:54pm On Aug 16, 2012
CyberG:

When ibo region progressed the most, you know their major product palm oil - used for "Yoruba". You now shaite, denigrate and impugn the handiwork of your ancestors which they pride themselves over? Most of them got their first break, education in palm oil business used for ofemmau.

Ode buruku, did I say Yoruba manu is a bad thing? Claim your title with pride.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by dayokanu(m): 5:57pm On Aug 16, 2012
Abali1:

If you are conversant with the history of the Nigerian civil war, you will know that what you wrote is not entirely the truth. If the Igbos did not resist the invading armies, the number might well have been up to ten million.
Moreover, the FG government has a lot of help from the foreigners. If it had been Hausa/North versus the SE, may be history would have been written differently.

You think if the Nigerian army were interested in making it 10m. What would have stopped them after Ojuku ran?

Go and read about the World War 2. After the Germans declared their intention to surrender, the Soviet forces would have nothing of it and still continued killing and r@ping german women in their millions.

Even when the Germans signed a surrender Pact in Rheims, The Soviet rejected it and continued the killing, They insisted they must sign another one in Berlin the German capital to complete the humiliation

Ojuku had fled, The Biafra forces were defeated what would have stopped the Nigerian forces from cleaning out everyone left? Just ask yourself

Saying FG had a lot of support is a daft thing to say. tell me which country goes to war without seeking Alliances? Even the US in 2003 was seeking the Allied forces and NATOs alliances. its silly to think you would just wear singlet armed with catapult and stone and go to war.

If Nigeria had foreign support and biafra had none, then who is to blame for That? I am sure many brainless Biafrans would say Awolowo is to blame for them not getting world powers to support them

7 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2012
yarodin:

Ode buruku, did I say Yoruba manu is a bad thing? Claim your title with pride.

no need to resort to distractions, no one cares really. why not respond to the topic and address it like a man?
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by dayokanu(m): 5:59pm On Aug 16, 2012
yarodin:

You forgot to add " Don't trust cowards and backstabbers". Thank me later.

i'm sure every Igbo now knows not to trust cowards who would flee to Abidjan when the war comes

Walahi Ojuku is the worst human specimen that ever lived. How can you run away when your people are facing war?

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by yarodin: 6:02pm On Aug 16, 2012
dayokanu:

i'm sure every Igbo now knows not to trust cowards who would flee to Abidjan when the war comes

Walahi Ojuku is the worst human specimen that ever lived. How can you run away when your people are facing war?

Typical ofeman manu thinking, Ojukwu should not run, but when Abacha sneezed all of una run go seme border? I guess Ojukwu learned well from you all since he grew up in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Abali1(m): 6:05pm On Aug 16, 2012
dayokanu:

You think if the Nigerian army were interested in making it 10m. What would have stopped them after Ojuku ran?

Go and read about the World War 2. After the Germans declared their intention to surrender, the Soviet forces would have nothing of it and still continued killing and r@ping german women in their millions.

Even when the Germans signed a surrender Pact in Rheims, The Soviet rejected it and continued the killing, They insisted they must sign another one in Berlin the German capital to complete the humiliation

Ojuku had fled, The Biafra forces were defeated what would have stopped the Nigerian forces from cleaning out everyone left? Just ask yourself

Saying FG had a lot of support is a daft thing to say. tell me which country goes to war without seeking Alliances? Even the US in 2003 was seeking the Allied forces and NATOs alliances. its silly to think you would just wear singlet armed with catapult and stone and go to war.

If Nigeria had foreign support and biafra had none, then who is to blame for That? I am sure many brainless Biafrans would say Awolowo is to blame for them not getting world powers to support them

I believe we are debating. But if are going to introduce insulting words like daft and silly, I think am done.
You are entitled to your view point.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by lagcity(m): 6:12pm On Aug 16, 2012
yarodin:

Typical ofeman manu thinking, Ojukwu should not run, but when Abacha sneezed all of una run go seme border? I guess Ojukwu learned well from you all since he grew up in Lagos.

the Yorubas who ran away were unarmed civilians who didn't declare war. Ojuku was a head of state who declared war, killed millions of yamirins and gave them kwashiorkor, then ran away. grin

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by yarodin: 6:14pm On Aug 16, 2012
lagcity:

the Yorubas who ran away were unarmed civilians who didn't declare war. Ojuku was a head of state who declared war, killed millions of yamirins and gave them kwashiorkor, then ran away. grin

Oh yes they were civilians, but I bet they still eat, shiit and fck. Anymore excuses Ndi Yoruba manu?

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 6:18pm On Aug 16, 2012
yarodin:

Oh yes they were civilians, but I bet they still eat, shiit and fck. Anymore excuses Ndi Yoruba manu?

sad that you are not man enough or mentally deep to haphazard any answer to the question. yes, ojukuw ran from the firestorm and tyrannical abacha oppressed nigerians but ANSWER the question. even if you will lie about it, just answer it directly first, then i will tell you the next step.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by yarodin: 6:23pm On Aug 16, 2012
CyberG:

sad that you are not man enough or mentally deep to haphazard any answer to the question. yes, ojukuw ran from the firestorm and tyrannical abacha oppressed nigerians but ANSWER the question. even if you will lie about it, just answer it directly first, then i will tell you the next step.

Now tyrannical Abacha oppressed Nigerians, no he oppressed Yoruba manu because yall kept messing with him. If he had oppressed the Igbos business would have stopped in Naija. Ojukwu running and awolowo drinking poison what is the difference? Now you answer that Ewu Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 16, 2012
yarodin:

Now tyrannical Abacha oppressed Nigerians, no he oppressed Yoruba manu because yall kept messing with him. If he had oppressed the Igbos business would have stopped in Naija. Ojukwu running and awolowo drinking poison what is the difference? Now you answer that Ewu Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Any mor.on can do what Abacha did; use state power to harass civilians. But when you call yourself the commander in chief of the strongest army in Africa, and you ran away like a frightened little akuko. It get as e be.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by dayokanu(m): 6:34pm On Aug 16, 2012
yarodin:

many leaders have committed suicide in history.

many german warlords commited suicide, many Japanese warlords commited suicide

But tell me one military person leading an army that fled and left his subjects to the whims of the invaders just name 5 ppl warlords leading an army that fled

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by macjive01: 6:34pm On Aug 16, 2012
[size=18pt]dayakanu, the problem with you is that you under estimate the sheer biblical strength of the Igbos.[/size]

go and ask any solider who fought the war till the end.

pound for pound - in terms of how many soldiers died- the Biafran military defeated Nigerian forces hands down, despite having a more rudiment weapon. ( Biafran are master tacticians )

Biafran Achilles heel was the kwashoiko which was allien to the masses, it was new and had no know treatment- hence killed a lot of people.
it is estimated that 3m biafrans died in the war, of that 2.7 were children and women.

towards the end of the war Biafrans turned the tide with guerrilla warfare of which small units were dispersed to various FG locations to wittle down the f.u.cktards.

towards the end of the war, biafran suddenly began to have better equipment- this was necessitated from the levy ojukwu charged the Aid /humanitarian agencies.which was subsequently used to buy arms, as well as improvement in the potency of the OGWUNIKWE -mass destroyer

toward the end of the war , Biafran began to win back territories, may be more like displace FG forces at Biafran territories. do you know till the last day of war, fight was still on going at calabar, where the first shot was fired ?

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by dayokanu(m): 6:36pm On Aug 16, 2012
macjive01: [size=18pt]dayakanu, the problem with you is that you under estimate the sheer biblical strength of the Igbos.[/size]

pound for pound - in terms of how many soldiers died- the Biafran military defeated Nigerian forces hands down, despite having a more rudiment weapon. ( Biafran are master tacticians )

Biafran Achilles heel was the kwashoiko which was allien to the masses, it was new and had no know treatment- hence killed a lot of people.
it is estimated that 3m biafrans died in the war, of that 2.7 were children and women.

towards the end of the war Biafrans turned the tide with guerrilla warfare of which small units were dispersed to various FG locations to wittle down the f.u.cktards.

towards the end of the war, biafran suddenly began to have better equipment- this was necessitated from the levy ojukwu charged the Aid /humanitarian agencies.which was subsequently used to buy arms, as well as improvement in the potency of the OGWUNIKWE -mass destroyer

toward the end of the war , Biafran began to win back territories, may be more like displace FG forces at Biafran territories. do you know till the last day of war, fight was still on going at calabar, where the first shot was fired ?

So tell me why you surrendered and why Ojuku fled if you guys were winning back territories, getting better equipment and winning Guerilla wars

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 6:38pm On Aug 16, 2012
macjive01: [size=18pt]dayakanu, the problem with you is that you under estimate the sheer biblical strength of the Igbos.[/size]

well, you are distracting this topic with irrelevant posting. open another thread and your topic will be addressed.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 16, 2012
macjive01: [size=18pt[/size]

[b]towards the end of the war, biafran suddenly began to have better equipment- [b]this was necessitated from the levy ojukwu charged the Aid /humanitarian agencies.which was subsequently used to buy arms, as well as improvement in the potency of the OGWUNIKWE -mass destroyer [/b][/b]

[/b]

Can you imagine any right thinking human being doing that while millions of women and children were gradually starving to death?
Where is the love Ojukwu had for his people? It's very clear that he loved power and himself more than anything.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by macjive01: 6:41pm On Aug 16, 2012
CyberG:

CyberG:

[size=18pt]CYBER -G, THE BIAFRAN FORCE what was sent to SW to LIBERATE your coward nation is like USA forces in gulf war 1 LIBERATING KUWAIT from Saddam Hussein. [/size]

yet what did Ojukwu get - treachery, back -stabbing, barber-seat flip-flopper, cowardice and lazy-fright-stu.p.idity

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 16, 2012
macjive01:

[size=18pt]CYBER -G, THE BIAFRAN FORCE what was sent to SW to LIBERATE your coward nation is like USA forces in gulf war 1 LIBERATING KUWAIT from Saddam Hussein. [/size]

yet what did Ojukwu get - treachery, back -stabbing, barber-seat flip-flopper, cowardice and lazy-fright-stu.p.idity

Liberate Yoruba when the entire ibo population was squeezed into a few square kilometers and people were eating lizards and anything that moved. (and things that didn't move) Which kain liberators were these.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by dayokanu(m): 6:47pm On Aug 16, 2012
macjive01:

Have you tried to explain to yourself why the coward bitch fled to Abidjan

www.nairaland.com/attachments/789775_Ojukwu_getting_ready_to_run_jpg967aeb75e390ca75377ad019b3c9fae5

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

2 Abducted Chibok Girls - Hauwa Mutah & Esther Markus Escape From Sambisa Forest / Fuel Scarcity: SSS Begins Raiding Of Filling Stations, To Clear Queues In 48hrs / Pro-Wike Lawmakers Relocate To Rivers Assembly Quarters, Pass 2 Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.