Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... (30054 Views)

Old Photo Of General Babangida, Lt. Col Dimka And Their Coursemates As Cadets / Photo: General Murtala Mohammed Shakes Hand With Lt. Col. Babangida In 1975 / Honorable Kemi Banjo (Alatika): 'Tasted, Trusted & Reliable' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by oilsuop: 3:20pm On Aug 19, 2012
sucre!!:

who fabricated them? The fact is Ojukwu wanted to be head of state at all expense and he doesn't care who dies. TlAnd when he lost the war, you Igbos started shouting you were betrayed. Come to think of it do you really expect a yoruba man to sell his kinsmen out for your advantage?
YORUBAS ARE BORN SABO,THAT IS WHY BANJO HAS TO PAY WITH HIS MISERABLE LIFE,THEY SAY IF POISONOUS SNAKE AND A YORUBA MAN ENTER YOUR HOUSE KILL THE YORUBA MAN FIRST B4 THE SNAKE BECAUSE THEY ARE MORE DANGEROUS.......
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by cosmatika(m): 3:30pm On Aug 19, 2012
sheyguy: When will an igbo man rule this country again? They are known traitors and no hopeful region will want assosiate with them. Forget GEJ and the Ebele-chukwu/Azikiwe thing, the Igbos are a well known group of people, proud and greedy to any extent with no remorse.
If the ibos had 73% of top army positions under their belt b4 the '66 coup, why not play non-violent politics for what 'they claimed' they wanted to achieve? But no, they went after anything that poses a threat to their selfish interest . . . and when it turned sour, they choose to depend on their 'brothers'. . . brothers indeed! . . . Lol . . .i laff in harsh reality.
U re d most stupid prsn I'v eva seen. So U knw JEG is not an Igbo man but U dont knw dat Kaduna Nzeogwu is also now an Igbo man? Go and ask ur history teacher if atall u attended any skl, wia Nzeogwu hails frm. Ijiot
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by sheyguy: 3:46pm On Aug 19, 2012
cosmatika: U re d most stupid prsn I'v eva seen. So U knw JEG is not an Igbo man but U dont knw dat Kaduna Nzeogwu is also now an Igbo man? Go and ask ur history teacher if atall u attended any skl, wia Nzeogwu hails frm. Ijiot
Nzeogwu How mata take reach that side now bros? Igbos were caught in their own sh!t, Period!!!
Them same people u snakes decieved into union Nigeria and later tried to wipe out in '66 are really suppose to be your allies to the extent that you choose to call them traitors decades after . . . I laff in harsh reality bros.
If igbos aren't snakes why is every political entity avoiding ur sorry arses since '67 ? Why is the Igbo Nation the only one pitching their blind support for GEJ? Even when he does not give a damn! about you or your 2015 ambition?
We all know who the slave and master is in Nigeria.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by sleekdot(m): 3:54pm On Aug 19, 2012
centje: and u actually think u undertand what happen then with this ur post.

Starvation came when food supply frm charity agencies like red cross,france and few african countries where cut off by the nigerian govt. There's no way you wuld espect ppl to farm in war time. The war needed to end to save the lives of civilians women and children.

Is Biafra not supposed to find a way of getting their own supply?

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by pharmow: 3:54pm On Aug 19, 2012
cosmatika: U re d most stupid prsn I'v eva seen. So U knw JEG is not an Igbo man but U dont knw dat Kaduna Nzeogwu is also now an Igbo man? Go and ask ur history teacher if atall u attended any skl, wia Nzeogwu hails frm. Ijiot
Chukwuma Kaduna-Nzeogwu was from present day delta state former bendel state though Igbo speaking delta.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by cosmatika(m): 4:04pm On Aug 19, 2012
CyberG: Good to get your opinions, but we still need to get to the root of why it OKAY when Lt. Col Banjo led an entire army against his people (no shouts of BETRAYAL from our SE Nigerians) but when ANOTHER man who DID NOT MAKE any agreements with Ojukwu, then it is BETRAYAL?? Pitch in guys, this is the time to show your strength of true character!
I'm disappointed in U for bringing up such a post. It's quite unfortunate dat d youth who re said to be d future leaders hav been so biased by ethnicity and tribalism. Major-General Alexander A. Madiebo have not even seen anything wen he said in his book that "the Federation of Nigeria as it exists today, has neva rily been one homogeneous country, for it's widely differing ppls and tribes are yet to find any basis for true unity". I advise U read gud books lyk 'And the man died' by Wole Soyinka, 'The Nigerian Revolution and The Biafran War' by Alexander Madiebo, and 'Emeka' by Fredrick Forsyth. And does it even mek much difference dat col. Banjo wz killed by firing squad under Gen. Ojukwu? Dat he wz alive and a free man den wz because of Ojukwu because Nigerian govt wanted to kill him even before dat tym for d role he played in d 1966 coup. And by d way, Ojukwu sent Banjo on dat mission, not to conquer Nigeria but to force her to bring d war to an end and negotiate. So U see dat it wasn't any act of betrayal. Anyway I dont hav much tym to waste here. If U nid more lecture on d full gist, call my line.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by cosmatika(m): 4:07pm On Aug 19, 2012
CyberG: Good to get your opinions, but we still need to get to the root of why it OKAY when Lt. Col Banjo led an entire army against his people (no shouts of BETRAYAL from our SE Nigerians) but when ANOTHER man who DID NOT MAKE any agreements with Ojukwu, then it is BETRAYAL?? Pitch in guys, this is the time to show your strength of true character!
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by sheyguy: 4:16pm On Aug 19, 2012
More on the full gist? I laugh in beer parlour gist over telephone swag . . . We shld allow sleeping dawgs lie . . . I believe the real mature igbos av long learnt their lessons. All these twisting of facts and name calling is not really necessary.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by George4086: 4:16pm On Aug 19, 2012
@cyberG: When u lack complete knowledge about a topic, it's better not to raise it. A wise man talks because he has something 2 say but a fool talks because he wants 2 say something. So i urge u my brother, speak wisely.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by sheyguy: 4:21pm On Aug 19, 2012
pharmow:
Chukwuma Kaduna-Nzeogwu was from present day delta state former bendel state though Igbo speaking delta.
i intentionally ignore his direct question as it is a known fact that delta igbos are as good their Anambran brothers. The guy probably has no clue as to who i am that's why he choose me to direct such a weak argument at.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by cosmatika(m): 4:31pm On Aug 19, 2012
sheyguy:
i intentionally ignore his direct question as it is a known fact that delta igbos are as good their Anambran brothers. The guy probably has no clue as to who i am that's why he choose me to direct such a weak argument at.
who u re? Wat am I doing wit dat? Or re U a god? Or devil? Or Obj? Which one?
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by George4086: 4:35pm On Aug 19, 2012
sheyguy: More on the full gist? I laugh in beer parlour gist over telephone swag . . . We shld allow sleeping dawgs lie . . . I believe the real mature igbos av long learnt their lessons. All these twisting of facts and name calling is not really necessary.

since 1914, Nigeria has never for one day become a united country. During d funeral ceremony of the late prime minister, sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Kwame Nkruma told us d truth 2 our faces that Nigeria should accept one of two options;
1) 2 accept a unified African government in which d states will be re-distributed because according 2 him, d Hausa/Fulani man in d North has closer ties in language and culture 2 d man 4rm Niger republic and chad than with a Yoruba or Igbo man. Also, d Yoruba man in d southwest has closer cultural and language ties with d man 4rm Benin republic than with a Hausa/Fulani man or an Igbo man. OR
2) NIGERIA SECEEDS!!!
And he said time will prove him right or wrong.
For 98 years now, Nigeria has been trying to unite. Even d radio Nigeria slogan says; uplifting d people and uniting d nation.
Lord Lugard and his wife flora shaw, did d biggest treachery ever in d history of colonial rule. The man brought d fomula, d woman brought d name. And i knw they sure had sex 2 seal dis greedy plan they drafted on their bed. For a colony meant 2 have a minimum of 4 governor generals but d abracadabra of amalgamation was performed.
OH GOD OPEN OUR EYES!!!
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by sheyguy: 4:39pm On Aug 19, 2012
sleekdot:

Is Biafra not supposed to find a way of getting their own supply? Why should Nigeria be the one shouldered with allowing food into your territory

Like Adekunle said, Would the Russians allow food into German during WW2?

But since Ibos arent known to reason properly, I guess its a genetic daftness among them that would expect your enemy to allow food in your territory
The same way they waited for 'Yoruba' support after their attempt to wipe Yorubas out was checked. They even went as far as sending a Yorubaman to capture Yorubaland for them. I have to agree with your logic on their reasoning pattern . . . Frightening ! ! !

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by tunnytox(m): 5:06pm On Aug 19, 2012
oil suop: YORUBAS ARE BORN SABO,THAT IS WHY BANJO HAS TO PAY WITH HIS MISERABLE LIFE,THEY SAY IF POISONOUS SNAKE AND A YORUBA MAN ENTER YOUR HOUSE KILL THE YORUBA MAN FIRST B4 THE SNAKE BECAUSE THEY ARE MORE DANGEROUS.......

OK we don hia, now tell us about your tribe and the type of heavenly beings they are.
Eranko lasan lasan

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 6:24pm On Aug 19, 2012
Ukpaianthony: Cyberg or wat ever is ur name,Don't put ur family in trouble,U re treading where an angels fear to tread,No body challenges the igbo's,go n meet ur father n ask him abt the war!!!! Better go sleep,, u slimmie fool

You are insane for your stupid comment and who is the fool.e? You and whatever useless trashy generation you came from!! angry angry Who cares about any useless tribe BS when all you should do is answer the question? Oh I forgot, you have no brains to boot nor confidence to address your shitty past! A**hole!
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 6:30pm On Aug 19, 2012
samkoro:

The only yoruba author I trust is Wole Soyinka.All writeups/books written by yoruba authors Iv read is unbelieveably scewed/biased/lopsided and subtly or overtly denigrating anything outside of yorubaland.If I'm lying,just take time and read punch for 5 month and observe unfair daily critism of any GEJ,Patience,Iwuala,Madueke,NNAJI despite their great efforts in their respective ministries.

My several observation of the yorubas convinces me that they are never interested in the progress of others except theirs.They are so self absorbed in themselves.I'm just watching to see where this thing they call sophistication will lead them to,because I know that no man is an island and givers never lack.

So tell me why I should read something written by an Ademoyega.In matters of Biafra I refer people to books written by international authors like Frederick Foresythe ,not even Igbo authors who are not usualy biased.

Many accounts of Frederick Foresythe have been shown to be inaccurate and it is obvious why you would rather read his writing. For balance, read John St. De Jorre's The Brothers War and see where some of Foresysthe's account were completely called into question and shown as inaccurate by other references.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by macjive01: 6:38pm On Aug 19, 2012
macjive01:

dont be silly , banjo left the troops at ore while he went to ibadan to negotiate nonsense which was against ojukwu's directive.
ojukwu had directed him to march down to lagos, Biafrans only advantage was the element of surprise. which Banjo dissipated by negotiating at ibadan who subsequently BETRAYED banjo by informing Lagos.

[size=18pt]If the LIBERATING force had gotten to Lagos - FORGET IT! - by now, the Mars rover-curiosity would have been a project of the Biafran space Mission. (BIASM) [/size]
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by macjive01: 6:39pm On Aug 19, 2012
macjive01: [size=18pt]dayakanu, the problem with you is that you under estimate the sheer biblical strength of the Igbos.[/size]

go and ask any solider who fought the war till the end.

pound for pound - in terms of how many soldiers died- the Biafran military defeated Nigerian forces hands down, despite having a more rudiment weapon. ( Biafran are master tacticians )

Biafran Achilles heel was the kwashoiko which was allien to the masses, it was new and had no know treatment- hence killed a lot of people.
it is estimated that 3m biafrans died in the war, of that 2.7 were children and women.

towards the end of the war Biafrans turned the tide with guerrilla warfare of which small units were dispersed to various FG locations to wittle down the f.u.cktards.

towards the end of the war, biafran suddenly began to have better equipment- this was necessitated from the levy ojukwu charged the Aid /humanitarian agencies.which was subsequently used to buy arms, as well as improvement in the potency of the OGWUNIKWE -mass destroyer

toward the end of the war , Biafran began to win back territories, may be more like displace FG forces at Biafran territories. do you know till the last day of war, fight was still on going at calabar, where the first shot was fired ?

Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by sheyguy: 6:40pm On Aug 19, 2012
Argh! . . . The truth, they say, is bitter.

If Igbos held their own against Nigeria, why the hell did they join Nigeria?
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by macjive01: 6:43pm On Aug 19, 2012
macjive01:

[size=18pt]ASK YOURSELF, WHY DID BIAFRAN ARMY RISK THEIR LIVES MARCHING TO LAGOS, WHEN ALL THEY NEEDED TO DO WAS DEFEND THEIR TURF ?

WHY WOULD OJUKWU PERMIT THE ARMY TO BE LED BY AN Yoruba, IN THE PERSON OF BANJO, WHEN MORE EXPERIENCE AND CAPABLE OFFICERS WERE AVAILABLE ?

[/size]

shey
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 6:46pm On Aug 19, 2012
donchris33: D guy dat started dis topic is a big fool of d century. Cyber g or wat do dey call u, i said, u r a fool. Idiot of d highest order. Dis topic is not worth being in d front page. Its just a one sided topic. Fools. Mtcheew. I dont even know y pple are giving dis topic attention.

So, tell us something that shows you can measure up in the intellectual department not just rants. Is it obvious that ojukwu and ibos only see BETRAYAL when Chief Awolowo who had nothing to do with their war did his rightful business and responsibility but ojukwu got all his assumptions wrong (just like when you are solving a 400 level calculus problem), you will only end up in disaster with an epic F? How does Chief Awolowo's address, rallying the Western leaders of thought, laying out a plan of action way before crises hits constitute a foundation for ojukwu's decision? When Lt. Col. Banjo bought into ojukwu's plan which served the interest of the ibo against his country and people, there's no shout of betrayal. Is it only ibos (I - i before others) that can always be betrayed when anything does not go according to their selfish plans? Guys, step up your game, because this is the truth and it will be rammed down into your throats except of course someone can show the signed agreement that ojukwu sent to Chief Awolowo and they both signed. Otherwise, it will be another ibo (I blame others) game.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 6:48pm On Aug 19, 2012
centje: why cant u be civil. When u start a thread like this ur meant to be neutral. So it shows u purposely opened to this thread not to gather information buh to start up a tribal war. God is watching u.be careful. Why is it only post frm a pro-igbo that u caution to stay on topic. What abt d anti-igbo that deviate frm the topic. O! U dnt see those ones right?

Because they only skirt the question. In school, it is an F grade to skirt the question, providing details that do not address the question. Again, read my last clarification.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by fetimi1(m): 6:51pm On Aug 19, 2012
centje: CyberG.

Have u heard about military corridor...maybe u need to read this:

Northern Muslim Elders Reply Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History
Posted: August 13, 2012 - 16:51
Asari Dokubo
By SaharaReporters, New York
Prominent Northern Muslims elders, represented by Alhaji Usman Faruk, a former military governor of North-West State during the General Yakubu Gowon regime, have dismissed the threats of the leader of the Niger Delta Volunteer Force (NDVF), Mujahideen Dokubo Asari, telling him to go and brush up on his History of Nigeria.
The response came yesterday at the Sultan Bello Mosque in Kaduna wher Faruk, a frequent face at the Sheik Ahmad Gumi’s Ramadan sermon, was asked to speak, from the elders’ perspective, on Asari’s threat to Northern Nigeria.
A source at the event related to SaharaReporters that Alhaji Faruk firstcommented that the elders had waited to hear whether President Goodluck Jonathan would say something about Asari’s threats to cutoff the North and his bragging about the armoury under the NDVF, but that no such response had come.
Of the elders, he then noted that they were the ones that fought the civil war. “We conquered them including their Bayelsa and gained victory, the answer I will give him is he is not the first to fly the kite.”
Faruk said that before the start of the civil war in 1967, his government set Chief Obafemi Awolowo free from prison although it was another government that had put him there.
“Eventually when the war was to startwith Biafra, [Awolowo] went to Ibadan and gathered all Yorubas that they should know the war about to commence was between the North and the East, and the Yoruba in the West were not part of it,” he said.
“We received this with shock and the whole Northerners met in Kaduna andwe issued them a warning that we heard they (Yoruba) were not part of it and we agreed but we have one demand,” he said.
That condition, according to him was the establishment of a One Mile Corridor. “From Offa which is in our region, from the rail line to the sea (wharf) we declare One Mile Military Corridor, meaning all of them who built houses within One Mile, we will crush down their houses. And nobody will stop our vehicles and vessels from accessing the sea, this we told our Yorubas in Ilorin to tell them. And fromthat time we never hear them. This is Military Corridor, we of the past hope our children will carry it,” warning that nobody could stop the people of the North, whom he said number 120 million, from accessing the sea.
“If he doesn’t know let Dokubo go and read history,” Faruk said. “Awolowo attempted he failed talk less of one boy.”
He also disputed the Nigeria’s population according to religion, blaming Obasanjo for refusing identification by religious faith in the 2006 census in order to avoid proving that Muslims are populated than the rest. “Today, our population is as Muslims is 120 million and the rest are50 million,” he said. “Because of this, ifcensus will be conducted again they must be column for religion.”
The source said Faruk also blamed politicians, including Northerners he claimed to have been bribed, for the onshore/offshore economic imbalance.
“This comprehension is above our people here it means, crude oil extracting in the sea and that in the non sea region,” he said. “From Lagos to the high sea it about 200 mile and people like Ghali Umar Na’abba in their time were bribed and they conceded to the onshore/offshore deceit. This case was taken to Supreme Court and the court ruled against it, despite that our lawmakersdid not do anything. Today, what Bayelsa State is collecting with just about 3 million people triple what Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa and Katsina States 10 times.”
He said that legislators of Northern extraction in the federal legislature must challenge and change this situation in view of the fact that the Supreme Court has ruled against it. If they cannot do it, he warned, they should all come back home.
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/northern-muslim-elders-reply-asari-dokubo-go-and-read-your-history
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by fetimi1(m): 6:52pm On Aug 19, 2012
centje: CyberG.

Have u heard about military corridor...maybe u need to read this:

Northern Muslim Elders Reply Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History
Posted: August 13, 2012 - 16:51
Asari Dokubo
By SaharaReporters, New York
Prominent Northern Muslims elders, represented by Alhaji Usman Faruk, a former military governor of North-West State during the General Yakubu Gowon regime, have dismissed the threats of the leader of the Niger Delta Volunteer Force (NDVF), Mujahideen Dokubo Asari, telling him to go and brush up on his History of Nigeria.
The response came yesterday at the Sultan Bello Mosque in Kaduna wher Faruk, a frequent face at the Sheik Ahmad Gumi’s Ramadan sermon, was asked to speak, from the elders’ perspective, on Asari’s threat to Northern Nigeria.
A source at the event related to SaharaReporters that Alhaji Faruk firstcommented that the elders had waited to hear whether President Goodluck Jonathan would say something about Asari’s threats to cutoff the North and his bragging about the armoury under the NDVF, but that no such response had come.
Of the elders, he then noted that they were the ones that fought the civil war. “We conquered them including their Bayelsa and gained victory, the answer I will give him is he is not the first to fly the kite.”
Faruk said that before the start of the civil war in 1967, his government set Chief Obafemi Awolowo free from prison although it was another government that had put him there.
“Eventually when the war was to startwith Biafra, [Awolowo] went to Ibadan and gathered all Yorubas that they should know the war about to commence was between the North and the East, and the Yoruba in the West were not part of it,” he said.
“We received this with shock and the whole Northerners met in Kaduna andwe issued them a warning that we heard they (Yoruba) were not part of it and we agreed but we have one demand,” he said.
That condition, according to him was the establishment of a One Mile Corridor. “From Offa which is in our region, from the rail line to the sea (wharf) we declare One Mile Military Corridor, meaning all of them who built houses within One Mile, we will crush down their houses. And nobody will stop our vehicles and vessels from accessing the sea, this we told our Yorubas in Ilorin to tell them. And fromthat time we never hear them. This is Military Corridor, we of the past hope our children will carry it,” warning that nobody could stop the people of the North, whom he said number 120 million, from accessing the sea.
“If he doesn’t know let Dokubo go and read history,” Faruk said. “Awolowo attempted he failed talk less of one boy.”
He also disputed the Nigeria’s population according to religion, blaming Obasanjo for refusing identification by religious faith in the 2006 census in order to avoid proving that Muslims are populated than the rest. “Today, our population is as Muslims is 120 million and the rest are50 million,” he said. “Because of this, ifcensus will be conducted again they must be column for religion.”
The source said Faruk also blamed politicians, including Northerners he claimed to have been bribed, for the onshore/offshore economic imbalance.
“This comprehension is above our people here it means, crude oil extracting in the sea and that in the non sea region,” he said. “From Lagos to the high sea it about 200 mile and people like Ghali Umar Na’abba in their time were bribed and they conceded to the onshore/offshore deceit. This case was taken to Supreme Court and the court ruled against it, despite that our lawmakersdid not do anything. Today, what Bayelsa State is collecting with just about 3 million people triple what Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa and Katsina States 10 times.”
He said that legislators of Northern extraction in the federal legislature must challenge and change this situation in view of the fact that the Supreme Court has ruled against it. If they cannot do it, he warned, they should all come back home.
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/northern-muslim-elders-reply-asari-dokubo-go-and-read-your-history
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 6:53pm On Aug 19, 2012
Heck: POSTER u bi FOOL SHUTUPID IGNORAMUS
for calling IGBO ibo
IT IS IGBO plz ijiot

You got to show some intellectual capability by at least answering the question. Rather, you have sought to muddy the waters with a pedantic issue which is essentially a distraction. The question is not about argument for or against preferred semantics of names but history with a philosophical perspective.Now, after that hint, go back and address the question properly.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by CyberG: 7:03pm On Aug 19, 2012
George4086: @cyberG: When u lack complete knowledge about a topic, it's better not to raise it. A wise man talks because he has something 2 say but a fool talks because he wants 2 say something. So i urge u my brother, speak wisely.

Till date, I have read 3 different books about the war, how may have you read? And NO, when you don't know you ASK not keep quiet and be fed BULLSHITE LIES like a lot of people have been fed here. Assuming you have been fed, have you taken a moment to think? That is the purpose of this thread, to make ibos and Nigerians generally who have only heard useless stories to think. However, most students who failed a course would rather blame the teacher or other students than themselves. Think about that.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by macjive01: 8:10pm On Aug 19, 2012
macjive01: apparently since you can't decode the answer, i will tell you.

the yoruba according to their leader who even before the massacre that led to the civil war was aggitating for secession, awolowo and others confined in ojukwu that they wanted out too, but couldn't because of the northern military power "besieging lagos and yoruba territory. ojukwu then sent an army led my a yoruba son to "LIBERATE " Yoruba land. what more could Ojukwu have done ?

Ojukwu declare Biafra which is ample reason for the yoruba to declare as well, since they have always agitated for it.

Ojukwu sent an army, with the leadership of a yoruba son to fight ur fight. ( which is basically to dislodge a battalion of hausa led force stationed in lagos and environs)

Ojukwu release your imprisoned leader who was at the fore front of the secession agitation.

what did Biafra get in return ? [size=18pt]Betray and Cowardice[/size] of the highest order.

what a tribe! now you see why nobody takes your noise serious anymore ? last fuel crisis was a clear example.

The only leverage Yoruba still has is Lagos. remove the seaport in lagos and yorubas will be as epileptic as northeast zone.

CYBER G
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by macjive01: 8:28pm On Aug 19, 2012
[size=18pt]
oil suop: YORUBAS ARE BORN SABO,THAT IS WHY BANJO HAS TO PAY WITH HIS MISERABLE LIFE,THEY SAY IF POISONOUS SNAKE AND A YORUBA MAN ENTER YOUR HOUSE KILL THE YORUBA MAN FIRST B4 THE SNAKE BECAUSE THEY ARE MORE DANGEROUS.......
[/size]

that's a harsh thing to say, it cant be every single one of them.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 19, 2012
CyberG:

Because they only skirt the question. In school, it is an F grade to skirt the question, providing details that do not address the question. Again, read my last clarification.
Hope u read the military corridor stuff i posted
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by Noiseless2: 9:59pm On Aug 19, 2012
And when did RAY LAWSON an Ijaw musician who sang that song become Igboman? He also sang another one hailing Biafra. Blame Igbos for everything even when you know very well that you and your likes are being shamelessly deceitful,scream and shout Igbo then you will be presented with the olympic medal that nigeria couldn't win. NONSENSE!
tunnytox:

Please why were these 'few' men celebrated for their blood thirsty venture by several igbo people all over Nigeria? why did Igbos taunt other tribes, release taunting music and t-shirts after these murderers kill prominent leaders of other tribes?
These actions of Igbos then makes all other tribes in Nigeria to believe that Igbos cannot be trusted as they are only concerned about themselves alone and their unquenching thirst to dominate other tribes in Nigeria.
Read a bit of history man! and read it without any form of prejudice.
Re: Ojukwu Killed Lt. Col. Banjo: Why? I Need to get to the root of this matter... by clemmonce(m): 10:04pm On Aug 19, 2012
wesley80:
I'm sure there's a provision for "modify" on your first post isn't there? If your intention is honest why don't you correct your initial error(?) into what most will deem acceptable? You more than anyone knows "Ibo" is viewed as a slight in this forum.
guy u no get sense o. so na ibo or igbo spellin be your problem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Eid-el-Kabir: FG Declares 30th And 31st July, 2020 Public Holiday / Update On Imo North Senatorial Rerun / Nnamdi Kanu: Goodluck Jonathan Was A Weak & Incompetent President"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.