Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. (10750 Views)

Top 8 Nigerian Celebrities Who Look Way Older Than Their Age / PHOTOS: Ladies Keep Your Man Coming For More / Men's Confab Zone [ladies Keep Off!] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by nosagold(m): 12:55pm On Aug 21, 2012
seedord247: Yes they do.... Thanks to one of the insider here on nairaland.. Freecocoa is clocking 39 this year and she lied to me that she's in her early 20's. sad

Bros hw did yu manage to find out dat she z clocking 39?
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by VUVUZELA10: 12:57pm On Aug 21, 2012
Inferiority complex.
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by sweetcocoa(f): 12:59pm On Aug 21, 2012
seedord247: Yes they do.... Thanks to one of the insider here on nairaland.. Freecocoa is clocking 39 this year and she lied to me that she's in her early 20's. sad
Na sense wey you no get,agbaya angry
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 21, 2012
slimyem: i honestly do not know where Nairalanders get their ladies from...
Maybe a lot of people lie about their age and stuff but its not enough reason to generalise...
Some people are equally true to themselves and others around them..
I don't keep my age to myself nor lie about it for whatever reason(s)...
I tell anyone/everyone who has a good reason to know!
Hian!

So hw old are you?
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by ifeci: 1:17pm On Aug 21, 2012
Because they spend a lot of time hovering around, not knowing wot they really want in life! and by the time they realize it, they are old, they start hiding things (age inclusive) and they strt looking 4a guy (especially a young dude) that they will deceive into marriage.
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by sashaa(f): 1:19pm On Aug 21, 2012
Agimor: thank god you use the word submissive.that will only be my consideration.
*mtchewwww*
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 21, 2012
describe an old cargo if i may ask
Dondav: Only old cargos do that!!! undecided
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 21, 2012
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by flexdee(m): 1:32pm On Aug 21, 2012
Na so we see am ooo. Dem no wan dey admit sey dem don dey old that's their probs.
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by fittty(m): 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2012
nosa gold: E get dz girl for my street ni lag, she nor dey pass 18yrs frm year to year, she waz 18 wen she entered unilag 3yrs bek, she waz stil 18 b4 I left 9ja in april lol, veey funny, its also aplicable to guyz who have nt made it in life, especially guys who re stil looking for jobs, they keep lying bout their age, its very funny

lmfao
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by alajor(m): 1:37pm On Aug 21, 2012
Personally I think its a nigerian thing especially d ladies. I've travelled a lot and in south africa ladies don't lie about their ages bcus ryt from d moment u were born,ur name,time,place of birth r immediatelly recorded and put in d system,when u r old enuf to use an ID or passport u just go to home affairs wit ur birth certificate and they also check their system to c if d information on d birth cert corresponds with d one on their system.so automatically dat date of birth remains on ur I'd book. So they don't lie about their age.
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by Thok(m): 1:37pm On Aug 21, 2012
Y U wan know her age, When u no go marry am??.. If u wan sabi her age, go ask her mama.
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by fittty(m): 1:37pm On Aug 21, 2012
I wonder for dem oh! Its very common wit african ladies. They always want to be dat sweet sixteen and lie that they r younger... And funny enuff when u ask a girl she gets offended for asking a simple question. If na foreigner dem go don answer u without hesitation. Bottom line is that they always want to stay forever young...
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by fittty(m): 1:39pm On Aug 21, 2012
alajor: Personally I think its a nigerian thing especially d ladies. I've travelled a lot and in south africa ladies don't lie about their ages bcus ryt from d moment u were born,ur name,time,place of birth r immediatelly recorded put in d system,when u old enuf to use and I'd os passport u just go to home affairs wit ur birth certificate and they also check their system to c if d information on d birth cert corresponds with d one on their system.so automatically dat date of birth remains on ur I'd book. So they don't about their.

God bless u for this talk. 100% on point!!
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by fittty(m): 1:46pm On Aug 21, 2012
berem: Football age-25
Employment age-28
Marriage age-25
Real age- tongue
That's my different age(s)

looks like someone is old oh. only older african ladies hide their ages
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by fittty(m): 1:49pm On Aug 21, 2012
Dondav: Only old cargos do that!!! undecided

on point
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by fittty(m): 1:49pm On Aug 21, 2012
Freiburger: Not only ladies, but Africans in general.

on point
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by fittty(m): 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2012
binger: Reasons some women lie about their age- Insecurity, Low self esteem, Peer Pressure and ridiculously, Love!

you r on point
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by fittty(m): 1:51pm On Aug 21, 2012
Temismith: Because it is THEIR age and not yours. So MYB...

why una dey hige age haba u know u will never get younger and u can never decieve urself
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by fittty(m): 1:51pm On Aug 21, 2012
slimyem: i'm 15 yrs old...
Satisfied??
a girl dat hides her age is most definetly old #fact
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by slimyem: 1:57pm On Aug 21, 2012
Museni:

So hw old are you?
you do not have a good reason to know...
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by Akintoso: 1:57pm On Aug 21, 2012
Telling lies about ur age is a sin, resulting from ur poor-mindedness, No-success-syndrone and non-achievementarian mentality. It is found in both male and female majorly Nigerians with aforementioned conditions.
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by wengerjay(m): 2:01pm On Aug 21, 2012
Even there re many old women in our society today dat frown at people calling them mummy.They protest to their 'callers' dat they preffer being called AUNTY.What abt dat?Hw they wish they cld turn back the hands of the clock.Aging is a natural phenomenon,it is an unavoidable physiological process.
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by Hezekiah65(m): 2:10pm On Aug 21, 2012
Is just because Ladies like dat are liars
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 21, 2012
i think this post is merely an academic exercise, cos i dont tnk it is true. I avnt noticed it.
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 21, 2012
slimyem: i'm 15 yrs old...
Satisfied??

Na lie!
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by Hezekiah65(m): 2:19pm On Aug 21, 2012
CastleandGreen: Because the kingdom of God is at hand.
ladies like dat are liars
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 21, 2012
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by solid3(m): 2:36pm On Aug 21, 2012
They simply hide thier age cos of insecurity and fear of getting old without being married or a sure relationship. And perharps, their fading beauty.
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by ikekings(m): 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2012
Na dem sabi..... Its not my business so y bother about dia age?
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by Upright750: 2:48pm On Aug 21, 2012
I guess naija ladies see it as anointing for them to lie about their age because I dont see reason why they should choose to be lieing for age.
Re: Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. by wengerjay(m): 2:50pm On Aug 21, 2012
Even the older women always frown at pple calling them mummy.They protest once one calls them mummy,they preffer being called AUNTY.Hw they wsh they cld hold back the hands of the clock.Aging is a natural phenomenon,it is a pysiological process.Irrespective of the reduction in age,wrinkles wil soon reveal our age.As a lady,there is wht they call elderly-primigravida in medicine.Once u reach such age,ur chances of getting conceived reduce drastically.Ladies,voice out ur real age in order for guys to come to ur rescue.My late grandmother of blessed memory used to admonish us dat half a word is enough for the wise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

She Lied For Been A Virgin For 3 Yrs. Pls Advice Me!!! / Why Do Guys Love Ladies With Big Bu*tt? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.