Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Does Love At First Sight Exist? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Love At First Sight Exist? (12419 Views)

Does Love Realy Fades Away? / Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? / Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by Mcfemad(m): 7:57pm On Aug 21, 2012
Yes. It does. I'm a victim. July 9th 2008. It wasn't for her then sha!
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by Shaw007(m): 8:00pm On Aug 21, 2012
Lordave: I do not know about 'love at first sight', but I know of 'love @ first CHAT.'
no kiddinggrin
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by Gozzzy(m): 8:01pm On Aug 21, 2012
love in first site,my black fat butt!! Doesnt exist jworr!!!
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by oluezekiel(m): 8:01pm On Aug 21, 2012
It exists but depends on ♓☺w​Ɣ☺u manage it
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by Shaw007(m): 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2012
ndividual: Someone once said you don't decide who you'll be attracted to. Its not a choice. it just happens. There's a lot one can tell (and misread) about a man's/woman's appearance: carriage, personality, disposition, etc. Add to the fact everyone has a mental picture of what the ideal partner is. Anyone who fits that mental picture to an unprecedented degree can most possibly "set the fireworks" flying. It works for some people and doesn't work for others, but to base heaven and earth on such an impression is spelling disaster.

on the other hand, such an impression could just be pure lust, and some people have no qualms with it. I think the attraction helps kick things going before the real character comes out.
hmm! I lOve thIs!! At 1st siGht!!
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by Shaw007(m): 8:05pm On Aug 21, 2012
Mcfemad: Yes. It does. I'm a victim. July 9th 2008. It wasn't for her then sha!
haha!! Bros u try o!! U even remember date,chai!!
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by oluseye5(m): 8:09pm On Aug 21, 2012
JallowBah: Lust at first sight is there.. And interest to find out more.

Me and my husband was looking at each other for almost two months without even talking to each other. Just looking, smiling, paying attention.
The first time he came to talk to me, he was with a friend. I was sitting down and reading, and felt someone look at me, so I looked up.
The first thing that hit my head when I looked at him was "There HE is." It felt absolutely right; there he was, my man. Before we even talked.

But it has to be mutual..
..............i like ur tale bt it is nt cocurrent what i mean it nt sometin that happen day in day out u just being fortunate....like some1 just said it is attraction at first sight not love
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by AdeniyiA(m): 8:11pm On Aug 21, 2012
Maria-Goretti:
I met my present guy thru a mistaken test message, wot will u kol myn?
-messagenated love
and love at first message. chikena!
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by Super1759: 8:14pm On Aug 21, 2012
Maria-Goretti:
childish love
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by Heck: 8:20pm On Aug 21, 2012
OP I agree with you 100%
but I hate your grammar
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by vislabraye(m): 8:24pm On Aug 21, 2012
Love should go with attraction. I don't see how you say you love and want to get married to him/her without feeling some attraction.

I can't be attracted to every lady but I should love them the way I love evry other person.
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by stunna2(m): 8:26pm On Aug 21, 2012
Here we go again...a bunch of people who have never had one form of experience try to invalidate the existence of same!!

love is above all of us and no one can know it in all it's ramifications...therefore dont talk about what u dont know!

see people tryna analyse love and come to the bottom of it forgetting that love is greater than we all are!

look up the love concept of mirroring, ye of little faith!

people dont stay with u long term because they love you, but do so because they like you, right? well, since people can like the way you smile or tilt ur head so much that they will forgive anything u do....and like is the bases of love, and people can like ur million dollar smile at 1st sight...how can love at 1st sight not be real then?

now some of yall foolishly believe that because people dont stay with you forever...then they must not love you...no, the reason they didnt stay with ur ass is because they dont like you anymore...even if that love is still there!

is this all too complicated?? lolzz, well love is very complicated...so dont claim to have figured it all out and know what form it can exist and can not exist people!!

bless, n may good love walk ur way...
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by klaus3011(m): 8:48pm On Aug 21, 2012
Maria-Goretti:

i would call that stupidity and foolishness..both of you are foolish fools tongue tongue
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by a1solution: 8:53pm On Aug 21, 2012
Does love on facebook exist? I mean people you've not seen physicaly but av seen pics nd phone conversation as well
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by MariaGoretti: 8:54pm On Aug 21, 2012
klaus3011:

i would call that stupidity and foolishness..both of you are foolish fools tongue tongue
hehehehehehehe....bros, na wetin nw? Wc kind attack b dis? Abeg easy o b4 u develope high Bp. I will let dis slide...*am nt always dis kind to hediots*
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by MariaGoretti: 8:55pm On Aug 21, 2012
Super1759: childish love
superlove.....stop hating!
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by ariy(m): 8:56pm On Aug 21, 2012
I only belief lust at first sight
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by Mcfemad(m): 9:16pm On Aug 21, 2012
Dnt mind me bro, it was a turning point then. Besides, I like keeping memorable dates...lolz!!!
Shaw007: haha!! Bros u try o!! U even remember date,chai!!
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 21, 2012
It existed in the olden days
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by wawaboy1(m): 10:41pm On Aug 21, 2012
Maria-Goretti:
no mistake. One of u is not telling the truth. That one no old format
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by mrperfect(m): 10:42pm On Aug 21, 2012
This is interesting.
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by fubbyy(m): 11:19pm On Aug 21, 2012
You people r even talking about love @ 1st site, me am even asking if love itself exist?

because I never feel am b4, all I know is Womanliness, once I get the Womanliness am ok
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 21, 2012
JallowBah: Lust at first sight is there.. And interest to find out more.

Me and my husband was looking at each other for almost two months without even talking to each other. Just looking, smiling, paying attention.
The first time he came to talk to me, he was with a friend. I was sitting down and reading, and felt someone look at me, so I looked up.
The first thing that hit my head when I looked at him was "There HE is." It felt absolutely right; there he was, my man. Before we even talked.

But it has to be mutual..
[b]
This is only applicable to women! Women are distinctive creature...scientists are still studying them. They act on a whim a lot and always follow their mind without thinking through. I am not a sexist; just my observation!

Women, at least in this modern age and generation have the last say on whom she chooses to marry. Thus, It's very unlikely for a woman to choose to marry a guy that she isn't attracted to in today's age; very unlikely except she comes from a poor family and needs him for financial stability. If a woman sees a guy she likes and epitomizes all she wants in a life partner, Gbam! to her, this is love at first sight, this is HIM...to her. On the contrarily, she is failing to understand and ask her self: does this man love me and find me attractive same way I do? Is it reciprocal? But unfortunately, that's the society we live in today, she chooses her future partner not caring to find out if he loves and attracted to her genuinely. Now, keep in mind that once she thinks YOU ARE THE ONE, this lucky guy can lie to her and continue to lie to her, 99.9999999% of the time, she would believe him and doesn't want to know what anybody else thinks of him...this is a woman for you and she is following her heart now. This is a unique trait of humanity scientists are still trying to uncover about this specie of man called "women".

It is very difficult, I repeat extremely difficult to have a 50/50 attraction and love between partners...very rare as this would be the ideal definition of LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT...you both are attracted mutually to each other. Typically, one loves the other more, sorry to say this, its the woman who loves the guy more. Why? Because she probably chose him out of maybe 2,3,4,5,6,7 men that came wanting to marry her. I can be pretty certain that one out of these 2,3,4,5,6,7 men honestly and genuinely did love her and did find her very attractive but again, the society we live in today have programmed our women to believe they must choose their partners. It's sad but that's the honest truth.

So, love at first sight is only applicable from a woman's perspective and many women, if not all believe in it. I am not saying its not possible but my point is that it is unlikely to have a 50/50 immediate attraction between partners as that would be an ideal definition of LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT or what most of us would colloquially say...CINDERELLA LOVE [/b]

1 Like

Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by Johnsinia(m): 11:54pm On Aug 21, 2012
2 me it dosen't
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by Fiveseventy: 12:09am On Aug 22, 2012
It definitely does in Nigeria. I love the way guys toast in 9ja especially the non-educated peeps. Hillariously entertaining! grin
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 22, 2012
it does exist
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by HARDDON: 12:13am On Aug 22, 2012
Op, b4 ï can ansa ♈ōϋ , first define dis: what is Love?

@ least if we can wear it a defining robe, then we hope to aspire its xpirence in som micro seconds
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by Pakavy(m): 12:14am On Aug 22, 2012
Maria-Goretti:
mistake at first txt!
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 22, 2012
Fiveseventy: It definitely does in Nigeria. I love the way guys toast in 9ja especially the non-educated peeps. Hillariously entertaining! grin

You are missing the point, you don't have to be toasted to find love at first sight. Love at first sight simply means automatic attraction between two people without exchange of words! He sees her, she sees him, an you both can feel the effervescence of the attraction that exists between you too and need for compatibility.
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by Pakavy(m): 12:17am On Aug 22, 2012
klaus3011:

haba clown3011,e neva reach dat wavelength nah
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by Pakavy(m): 12:20am On Aug 22, 2012
Danka7777:

You are missing the point, you don't have to be toasted to find love at first sight. Love at first sight simply means automatic attraction between two people without exchange of words! He sees her, she sees him, an you both can feel the effervescence of the attraction that exists between you too and need for compatibility.
in forward terms 2 opposite gender eye fork each oda and try 2 face save by kalling it luv at 1st syt
Re: Does Love At First Sight Exist? by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 22, 2012
Pakavy: in forward terms 2 opposite gender eye fork each oda and try 2 face save by kalling it luv at 1st syt

Lol...yes. However, It's also possible between homosexuals/gays...man to man and woman to woman. I only defined it in the context of the said topic/thread...heterosexuals

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sugar Mummy On Whatsapp – Meet One In Your Area / Would You Date A Man Who Smokes And Drinks? / This Girl I Follow On Instagram Killed Someone Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.