Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Ribadu Fired! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Fired! (16229 Views)

Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget / EFCC: Why Buhari Fired Lamorde - Daily Trust / Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Fired! by omofineboy(m): 4:46pm On Dec 28, 2007
Some of us missed the point about TENURE even if u have 10 year tenure of office, the person that appointed you has the exclusive right to remove you. whether he/she has a good reason to do that is another story. Yaradua has the right to remove whoever he appointed or as the act establishing EFCC may stipulates, but I am still of the opinion that there are many Nigerians who will perform better than Ribadu at least he has laid a foundation.
Re: Ribadu Fired! by kaycrystal(m): 4:48pm On Dec 28, 2007
@Don1DeMaco

no hard feelings really,

but sincerely, are we truly fighting corruption in nigeria? do u for once actually belived that EFCC could rid the country of corruption?
well, ribadu sure made some form of progress which is questionably! but truly yaradua is a product of the system and he cant clean it. He's a part of the whole rot.

if he wants to be as saintly as he portrays, let him show us how his assets moved from mere 100 million to 900m after 8yrs in gvt!

how the campaign was funded we are all aware,

guess we expect too much from this slow moving dull lookin messiah,

and now this recent move has obviously taken d so called anti corruption crusade backwards.
Time we moved from God help nigeria to let us HELP ourselves,
Re: Ribadu Fired! by Mamajama(m): 4:51pm On Dec 28, 2007
RIbadu has nothing to say but to comply.  people do not forget the IGP is answerable to the president.  OKIRO is only doing what he has been directed to do by MR GO SLOW YAR ADUA.

I strongly think this move will benefit Ribadu in the long run.  There are seven AIG in the Nigerian police force whom all have seniority over RIBADU and have all been to this school in JOS.  

To elevate RIBADU to the RANK of IGP in future his adversaries will have no grounds to base their arguments that he has never been to a mandatory course for senior police officers.

SOLOMON ARASE is replacement his a fine officer.  I know him personally but he is not RIBADU
Re: Ribadu Fired! by tai2(m): 4:52pm On Dec 28, 2007
Men, na wa for this country o, are we moving forward or moving backwards, where one idiot with an amount of stolen loot can sway the dictates of a sitting President and the security apparatus in the country? Haba Nigeria, I think we  have to start an armed resistance or better still employ the services of some mercenaries and revolutionary fighters and send these bastards to hell where they belong,
Re: Ribadu Fired! by tai2(m): 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2007
If I was Ribadu, I would hand in my polic resignation and then proceed with the EFCC work, the President should then openly come out and fire me from EFCC, since dem talk say Police and EFCC no get connection.
Re: Ribadu Fired! by McKren(m): 4:57pm On Dec 28, 2007
omofineboy:

Some of us missed the point about TENURE even if u have 10 year tenure of office, the person that appointed you has the exclusive right to remove you. whether he/she has a good reason to do that is another story. Yaradua has the right to remove whoever he appointed or as the act establishing EFCC may stipulates, but I am still of the opinion that there are many Nigerians who will perform better than Ribadu at least he has laid a foundation.

With all due respect I think you are missing the point!!!!

Yaradua's right to remove Ribadu is unquestionable, all we are saying is he should be bold enough to sack him if he wants.

However, the Inspector General of police has no power whatsoever to overwrite the EFCC act which gave Ribadu a 4year tenure all in the name of course as that will amount to removing him through the back door.

President Yaradua has just murdered Public Trust.
Re: Ribadu Fired! by McKren(m): 5:00pm On Dec 28, 2007
Mamajama:

RIbadu has nothing to say but to comply. people do not forget the IGP is answerable to the president. OKIRO is only doing what he has been directed to do by MR GO SLOW YAR ADUA.

I strongly think this move will benefit Ribadu in the long run. There are seven AIG in the Nigerian police force whom all have seniority over RIBADU and have all been to this school in JOS.

To elevate RIBADU to the RANK of IGP in future his adversaries will have no grounds to base their arguments that he has never been to a mandatory course for senior police officers.

SOLOMON ARASE is replacement is a fine officer. I know him personally but he is not RIBADU

You cant predict the politics of appointing an IGP. Ribadu could be given the Ogbonna Onovo treatment. And I dont think their is anything like heir to the throne in any Government appointment.
Re: Ribadu Fired! by babasin(m): 5:03pm On Dec 28, 2007
Yaradua's right to remove Ribadu is unquestionable, all we are saying is he should be bold enough to sack him if he wants.

there you go.

YARA-DULL is executive president. He does not need anybody advice or opinion.
Re: Ribadu Fired! by McKren(m): 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2007
I thought we were operating under rule of law?
Re: Ribadu Fired! by babasin(m): 5:14pm On Dec 28, 2007
I thought we were operating under rule of law?

YES and YARA-DULL is the LAW in this instance. He employed RIBADBU.

anyway, why are you guys killing yourselves, when ribadu is happy not to be probed to explain how he got his HOUSES + FOREIGN ACCOUNTS??
Re: Ribadu Fired! by McKren(m): 5:19pm On Dec 28, 2007
The law requires him to sack EFCC boss if he so wish, the law did not say he should delegate the right to sack the EFCC boss to the IGP.

Except you are telling me that the President has the right to implement laws not yet passed by the NASS.

If the NASS wakes up to its duties, this move will be reveresed watch out!!!!
Re: Ribadu Fired! by buluti(m): 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2007
Somone raise a thread resently on the lack of intellectual depth of our leaders, What a tragedy to a Nation the followers are way worse off. Our president is a PhD holder, and yet we cant identify any uniqueness and intellectual depth in anything he does, he lacks charisma, dull in approach and very undecisive.

In the middle of a 4 year tenure, you ask someone to go on study leave? what a tragedy that the mantra of his govt is Due Process and Rule of Law, what other hypocricy can be greater?
Re: Ribadu Fired! by omofineboy(m): 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2007
IGP was only carrying out President's instruction being Ribadu's boss. Public Trust -I dont think is in Ribadu I do know my trust is not in him at all. I respect him for what he has done for the country and I think history will be kind to him if he has done all he did honestly. The trust you talk about may be in the institution called EFCC. It is still alive and I think we will get there. I advice that we should be patient a bit to know the reasons why Ribadu is being shown the way out, we may be suprised after all.
Re: Ribadu Fired! by McKren(m): 5:32pm On Dec 28, 2007
So what instruction of the President is the IGP carrying out?

Sending police officers to course (that obviously is not the prerogative of the President) or delegating the IGP to sack the EFCC Boss (which is also an illegality in law).

However you look at it, the move is illegal and will not stand. We should not be living in captive mentality, it is that same mentality which got Mike Okiro in the middle of this mess.

An independent minded IGP will honestly advice the President to sack Ribadu with his Presidential myth.
Re: Ribadu Fired! by omofineboy(m): 5:37pm On Dec 28, 2007
dont forget ribadu is a police man, he still collects his salary from the police he only collects allowances at efcc, so the igp is still his boss, if administrative instructions are to be given to him as regards his police profession it must pass through the igp.
Re: Ribadu Fired! by McKren(m): 5:41pm On Dec 28, 2007
well if its about the IGP, then he has no power to cut short the tenure of the EFCC boss as provided in the EFCC act.

Due process was not followed
Re: Ribadu Fired! by Bankole01(m): 5:49pm On Dec 28, 2007
I said it before, and I now reiterate. Yar'Adua is a puppet and a continuation of Obasanjo double speak on official corruption. Go after perceived enemies, while playing eye service and slaping thieving friends in the back of the hand.

PDP, Yar'Adua and Aaondoaka are finally showing Nigerians their true colors and playing true to form. the war on corruption is only for enemies, not the real culprits.
By getting rid of Ribadu (the recalcitrant police officer) and repalcing him with a more maleable yes-man, Odili and company can start to enjoy their stolen loot. Nigeria and Nigerians again get the shaft up their overstretched butts!!!!!!!!
Re: Ribadu Fired! by IykeD1(m): 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2007
@omofineboy

As regards Yaradua from my own assessment Yaradua in terms of FIGHTING Corruption has performed credibly well than Obasanjo. let those accusing him make honest comparision.

I am not sure you and I are living on the same planet,  but please give me a list of
Yar Adua's accomplishments in the anti-corruption crusade. I am waiting. . .

And for GOD's sake, all these people talking about how this move will  position him
to become an IGP, have you guys bothered to ask if Mr Ribadu is indeed interested
in becoming an IGP or continuing where he was at the EFCC?  

No matter what any one will say, the outside world (yours included) began to take
Nigeria seriously again when Ribadu and the EFCC came on the scene. Now, it seems
we missed the good ole days where Nigeria is synoyumous with 419 and corruption.
Yar Adua appears poised to get us there as fast as possible. He is surrounded by has
beens
and there is clearly no single star out of all the appointments he has
made.
Re: Ribadu Fired! by presido1: 5:56pm On Dec 28, 2007
If one man can single handedly appoint Ribadu as EFCC chairman i don't think we need referandum or whatever to remove him.
I think he is part of the plot that removed him from EfCC office. As a corruption fighter, he did not outer a word when Yaradua was selected as our president by his former boss, now he want to complain that he was selectively removed. He then thought that the presidential selection will not effect him in any way. The fingers that he wrongly fed is bitting him now. I think this is the beggining. For every dark cloud lies the sun. Their must be a reason for removing him. Its about time we know good or the bad intention of sending him to Jos.
I strongly beleive that if he cannot Investigate the likes of IBB, ATIKU, OBJ, the last presidential selection and others he need not to be there.
Re: Ribadu Fired! by Bankole01(m): 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2007
presido1:

If one man can single handedly appoint Ribadu as EFCC chairman i don't think we need referandum or whatever to remove him.
I think he is part of the plot that removed him from EfCC office. As a corruption fighter, he did not outer a word when Yaradua was selected as our president by his former boss, now he want to complain that he was selectively removed. He then thought that the presidential selection will not effect him in any way. The fingers that he wrongly fed is bitting him now. I think this is the beggining. For every dark cloud lies the sun. Their must be a reason for removing him. Its about time we know good or the bad intention of sending him to Jos.
I strongly beleive that if he cannot Investigate the likes of IBB, ATIKU, OBJ, the last presidential selection and others he need not to be there.

Are you serious?? what powers did he or does he now have to say anything about the presidential selection of Yar'Adua (or "dull')?? As a policeman, the best bet to fight corruption is in office of EFCC, buding his time to get the mega thieves in his own time. Now, it seems the rapers of Nigeria have won the battle. Yar'Adua is an inconsequential puppet on a string. He has no curage to do his own dirty work, he needed a proxy, just as he is one for Obasanjo!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ribadu Fired! by buluti(m): 6:08pm On Dec 28, 2007
@ Bankole you beat me to it, so EFCC is now the election tribunal? Intelectual depth? Zero
Re: Ribadu Fired! by McKren(m): 6:11pm On Dec 28, 2007
I have said it before, very soon we will accuse Ribadu for our inability to impregnate our wives
Re: Ribadu Fired! by presido1: 6:28pm On Dec 28, 2007
Presidential Selection amounts to Electorial fraud correct me if am wrong. When the electorial fraud emanates from the incubent president and Governors federal and state funds must be involved. As we all know the funds spent towards the election rigging was not meant for it(Rigging) hence the fund has been misappropriated. If they (EFCC) don't investigate misappropriation of Goverment/Public fund i wonder why Kalu and Co are being charged. You guys should read to understand and not just to read find fault where there is non.
Buleti and Mcren it will interest both of you to check this link. http://www.efccnigeria.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=871&Itemid=43

When you must have done that let me know if Electorial Fraud is part of Good Governance.
Re: Ribadu Fired! by BigB11(m): 9:21pm On Dec 28, 2007
EFCC got too involved in politics; for many months RIBADU made it clear to Nigeria that corrupt individual would not be allowed to contest the 2007 election; My people, have you taken a good look at the folks that were allowed to contest?
If you've done so, could you please point out just 2 that are not corrupt?

Ribadu made too many mistakes, his nose was in every pot and stepped on too many toes as directed by his boss.

Do you guys truly think Ribadu wasn't involved in the 2007 election rigging?
Re: Ribadu Fired! by BigB11(m): 9:28pm On Dec 28, 2007
EFCC, very reckless and uncaring. Today, they are the main reason why many around the world view all Nigerians as criminals.
Their mission was always blurry and didn't give a shi t about the future and image of Nigeria around the world.

We must always crave and embrace doing the right thing the right way; not doing the right thing the wrong way!
Re: Ribadu Fired! by McKren(m): 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2007
Your annoyance with Ribadu is having the guts to stop IBB

We understand your grouse.
Re: Ribadu Fired! by IykeD1(m): 9:37pm On Dec 28, 2007
If indeed the problem is with Ribadu's performance, why not announce to the nation that he is being
fired for non-performance rather than the lies and deceit about some bullshit course that is yet to
produce any meaningful result for the country.

As you put it, do you reward someone that facilitates election rigging with attending a "strategic course"
or do you fire and prosecute them? No need to answer, because I know we do the opposite of everything
in Nigeria.
Re: Ribadu Fired! by BigB11(m): 9:37pm On Dec 28, 2007
Trust me, Ribadu did not stop IBB in anyway.
IBB too exceptional to allow mere ribadu to stop him. ribadu + OBJ together just don't have what it takes, trust me.

FYI: From start, deep down inside, IBB didn't want to be the next Nigerian president; if that wasn't the case, IBB would have been living in Aso Rock today.
Trust me, IBB gets what he wants, always!
Re: Ribadu Fired! by BigB11(m): 9:41pm On Dec 28, 2007
Correction: Ribadu was not fired; in fact, I was told that he's very happy with this latest development. He wanted it to be this way.
I also heard that he might be seeking for a position with UN.

Confirmed!
Re: Ribadu Fired! by McKren(m): 9:44pm On Dec 28, 2007
Big B1:

IBB too exceptional to allow mere ribadu to stop him. ribadu + OBJ together just don't have what it takes, trust me.

FYI: From start, deep down inside, IBB didn't want to be the next Nigerian president; if that wasn't the case, IBB would have been living in Aso Rock today.

Lets not get into that debate, because it was in full glare that IBB accompanied with his family went to pick the PDP form only to withdraw from the race days later. Whatever stopped IBB that is not the corruption case against him, only IBB and his praise singers will know.

God knows what that reason might be that he did not think through over 10years before picking the PDP form but realised within days after picking the form.
Re: Ribadu Fired! by Mariory(m): 9:45pm On Dec 28, 2007
Big B1:

Nonsense! Ribadu showed IBB his 'love-vendor' hand that's why IBB got scared and backed down from his ambition.

Big B1:

You're blowing smoke out of your ass. Were you not the one campagning here for IBB. Were you not the one saying stuff like ooooo Ibb has changed, Ibb wants to rectify his past deeds, let IBB come in and fix it e.t.c. Was it not IBB that went to register his intention to run with his entourage of shamless theives?
Re: Ribadu Fired! by InCarNav: 9:45pm On Dec 28, 2007
lets second the critics on this website such as Davidylan, Sienna, Kobojunkie, Babasin, Big B1, Iyke-D, Bankole01, etc, see if they will do better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Osinbajo Nneoma Nkechi Okorocha's 50th Birthday Dinner (Photos) / Umahi To Osinbajo: South-East Governors Will Soon Unveil Security Outfit / I’ll Reply Babangida Soon - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.