Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,454 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? (60265 Views)

Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? / How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by OmoAlata(f): 9:44pm On Aug 26, 2012
manny4life:

A witch is a witch, that you take your physical form to do spiritual evil does not exonerate you whether you're my friend, brother, uncle, father or anyone else.

Exactly. They know what they did (in the spiritual) when they are back in the physical and if they want to get out of it, can easily go to a fire church to beg for help.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by ismhab(m): 9:46pm On Aug 26, 2012
Right and Wrong.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by cherishuju: 9:46pm On Aug 26, 2012
Not right
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by vizion: 9:57pm On Aug 26, 2012
Ayomivic: Many todays christians are going to church becaous they want to receive back their lost glory.Some believed that enemies are behind their problems and they are ready to do any thing to defeat and claim back their glory even if it will cause the life of their enemy or enemies[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font].So, my quesion is as a christian is it good to ask for one enemy's life for you to enjoy your life? To me is very bad, the reason is that, you can not find this attitudes in the life of Jesus or the lives of early christians.

The enemies in most cases are the Christains doing the Prayer. You give them good logical advice and they refuse to take, you explan the bible to them, but because it does not tally with what their pastors/church leader say, they refuse to listen (they do not want to think for themselves, it is my pastor said this or pastor said that, or daddy/mummy said this/that). even if Jesus came in another form they would not listen.

so leave them to their futile prayers, they may collapse in the process, and achieve their aim grin cheesy
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by ayobase(m): 9:58pm On Aug 26, 2012
idowuswap: Igbo man go take money ontop transformer still then no get the money reach yoruba.useless killer,ritualist.419.that s why hausa kill dem well well

Is this idowuogbo.....or?
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by atkinboy: 10:04pm On Aug 26, 2012
Hello if I may ask who is your enemy or how did you know that you have enemies, before you started praying for their death. Well for me shall i don't believe in such prayer cos it's very wrong to pray. if you are the kind of Christine that do pray such prayer definitely you too is an enemy to another fellow..
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by ayobase(m): 10:07pm On Aug 26, 2012
And this thread gave me concern on why these prayers are STILL being answered.......abi na voodoo?
OP, were u able to achieve ur aim....or get the correct answer to ur illogical question?
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by MRADOLUDEHINWA(m): 10:08pm On Aug 26, 2012
Wrong. ROMANS 12:1-21.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by nosmas: 10:10pm On Aug 26, 2012
nikkykay: Can somrbody mention any evil dat was done spiritual against anybody in d bible?
Ds world is gettin worse with evil everyday! U can't compare d time of Jesus 2ds period! Hw many witches were reported dn?! Hw many of dm went 2herbalists 2do evil or hw mnay took pple's cases 2witchcraft coven?!
Its an old saying dat I wl pray 4my enemy 2live long in order 2c wot I wl becme!
Once dey see wot u wl bcme, dey wleither kill u or destroy u b4 u even bcme it!
Dre r some enemies u dnt pray dey live?! Some pple hv sold dir soul 2d devil & aint ready 2change! Its only God dat can change dm . Not even ur prayers 4dm 2change! I hv prayer ds prayer and. Has worked 4me on several occassion! D enemy wl not die but wotever dy try 2do wil die & back fire! So dey dare try again! Dey confront u phy & spiritually but if u take dir cases wit levity, u r a goner b4 u knw if!
Th bible says d heart of man is terribly wicked! Do u pray 4d enemy dat says over her dead wl she see u prosper?!
Some plle just look @ur achievement & begin 2envy u! Dats witchcraft alrdy! Dey hate u 4nothg!
Y do u thg some pple die untimely! Do u think its God's doing?! If some pple had prayed against dir enemies, dey wuldnt b where dey r 2day either on either or in d grave!
The kingdom of God suffereth violence & d violent taketh it by force!
Stop d enemy or else he wl stop u!
I no fit talk much! If u r confused abt ds, go 2d church where dey pray ds prayer & ask Qs!

My answers to some of your questions

Ds world is gettin worse with evil everyday
!

Nothing special Jesus already said this and the reason he prayed for his discipline in John 17:1-26

Hw many witches were reported dn?! Hw many of dm went 2herbalists 2do evil or hw mnay took pple's cases 2witchcraft coven?!
[/b]
That it was not reported in the bible does not mean it was not existing and Christ was oblivious of it read Ephesians 6:12

That means the promises of Christ in your life is false

Dre r some enemies u dnt pray dey live
[b]

you just turn Christ to a liar or qualify his quote Luke 6:35

Some pple hv sold dir soul 2d devil & aint ready 2change! Its only God dat can change dm
[/b]
and your own job is to kill them before Christ appointed time for there repentance Say unto them, Ezek. 33:11.
As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways, for why will ye ie, O house of Israel?"
Th bible says d heart of man is terribly wicked! Do u pray 4d enemy dat says over her dead wl she see u prosper
[b]

Who do you believe Jesus (Luke 6:35) Or your Passion to prosper
come to think of it If heaven is sweet as we profess and The World is not palatable compare to heaven, why should i not be to eager to be in that heaven and leave the cursed world ruled by devil (2 Cor. 4:4)

1 Like

Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Akolawole(m): 10:26pm On Aug 26, 2012
Interesting!

Fact 1 : Any Christians who pray that their enemy should die is NOT a christian.

Fact 2: Any church/ congregation where their main prayers is about enemies is NOT a church.

Fact 3: Who is a Christian? A Christian is NOT a church goer but someone who follow the teachings of Christ?

Fact 4: We can only follow what the Master(Jesus) teaches NOT one foolish pastor/ General overseer who is playing on african madness in people.

Proverb 24:17-18 : Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do not let your heart rejoice,or the Lord will see and diapprove and turn his wrath away from him
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Bella3(f): 10:27pm On Aug 26, 2012
Omo Alata: I personally don't think the prayer is against the man/woman per se to die shocked but the prayer is for the evil power inside of them to die i.e. to be cut off spiritually from you and render it powerless against you. The witch will still be a witch but they will be unable to touch you spiritually/physically because you have rendered them impotent smiley
bless you sister.
You pray for the spiritual to die nt the physical.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by taharqa: 10:27pm On Aug 26, 2012
Wrong..It is not the Spirit of Christ so to do
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Bella3(f): 10:31pm On Aug 26, 2012
wait a minute, it depends on who/what u view as ur enemy! Shikena
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Oyawuni(m): 10:41pm On Aug 26, 2012
to me ooo
nomater what happens in life,there is always a cosmic law governing us.
I have come to know that there is a law,a cosmic law which is based on the law of sowing and reaping.
So therefore i believe prayers against the so called enemies is not on point.
Its like wasting of time,knowing deep within inside of u that u re the one doing urself.
We ourself are our own enemies.
That my fact supported by Good s law
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by bola4dprec(m): 10:56pm On Aug 26, 2012
Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Havilah93(m): 10:58pm On Aug 26, 2012
the question should be do you really know your enemies?
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Olarichie: 11:01pm On Aug 26, 2012
1. “I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ.” Gandhi
2. Understand the difference between Old and New Testament, the Laws and its application.
3. Be open hearted, pray for understanding and don't be biased
4. Remember, not all your enemies know that they are your enemies, could be your father, mother, brother, sister , pastor or wife; Your enemy could be YOU.
5. Jesus already advised us on what to do, its now up to you to do it. Go read the new testament.

Thank You!!!
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 26, 2012
Okay, the logic here is simple................

If my enemy wants me to die, why should I not wish him death?

I can't answer this question from a Christian point of view because it's contradictory ................ In the Old testament, God instructed David to destroy his enemies.....

In the New testament, Jesus wants us to pray for our enemies

Christianity isn't originally mine, so I cant answer it from a Christian point of view..........

However, I do have an opinion...... How come Europeans that brought this religion to us spend more of their GDPs on arms, killing their enemies?

Israel, the birthplace of Christ don't pray for their enemies, likewise America and UK...... Why?

Mexico, the most populated catholic Nation on earth don't pray for Drug warlords ( Government's and society's nightmare).

To pray for your enemies is stupid, you will end of becoming a senseless victim of a preventable murder, should your enemies decide to kill you....

So if Boko Haram are my enemies, do you think it's sensible to pray for them, when I should be looking for AK47 to destroy them?

If God wants me to pray for my enemies, why did he provide me with an enemy? Why did he also provide me with the brains to invent ammunition to destroy them?

1 Like

Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 26, 2012
Jasiel:

What is it with u and this statement?

U'll not understand dearie. Send me a pm so we'll chat n I'll tell u k?
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:19pm On Aug 26, 2012
Ndipe: How about telling God to fight your battles? Is that a sin also? How can you tell God to fight your battles and at the same time pray to Him to bless your enemies? Well, God never lies, He never fails.

why mention enemies in the first place? why not just pray for overall protection? why bring in negative BS like fire and thunder when you can be praying for blessing and propserity for yourself? what happened to "vengence is mine says the Lord", if there's someone "behind you", wouldnt He already know about it? why tell Him what to do to said person/people?

Im so glad I havent stepped in a Naija church in 5 years. So much hate. everyone is their "enemy"
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 26, 2012
absolutelly wrong...earlier, out of anger and hatred I'ld pray the wraht of God descend on me enemies. But I've come to realize it's wrong 'IF' the enemy is human...4rm the book 'OPEN HEAVENS' "your greatest enemy can become your strongest supporter", take the story of 'MOSES AND THE PHAROAH'S DAUGHTER' as a case study.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Dsage1: 11:40pm On Aug 26, 2012
It's quite illogical to pray for one's enemies to die because everybody must be someone enemy.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 11:41pm On Aug 26, 2012
WRONG. How in the heck are my enemies going to see me shine when they are dead I had rather have them be paralyzed than die. undecided
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by agiboma(f): 11:44pm On Aug 26, 2012
lol @ topic
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Dsage1: 11:45pm On Aug 26, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: WRONG. How in the heck are my enemies going to see me shine when they are dead I had rather have them be paralyzed than die. undecided

Are you not someone enemy?
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by bola4dprec(m): 11:48pm On Aug 26, 2012
D sage:

Are you not someone enemy?
Boko haram as a case study
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 26, 2012
Omo Alata:

I personally don't think the prayer is against the man/woman per se to die shocked but the prayer is for the evil power inside of them to die i.e. to be cut off spiritually from you and render it powerless against you. The witch will still be a witch but they will be unable to touch you spiritually/physically because you have rendered them impotent smiley

YE!!! Pls don't deceive urself or anybody reading this; they mean d real thing.
In churches that pray this sort of prayer, if u give a testimony of how u were praying one fire die die die prayer nd then your landlord, the supposed 'wizard' nd 'enemy' fell down and died immediately, u will experience an uproar or rejoicing and celebration that might even deafen u. So much for the love of christianity.

I'm ''in ur mind'' by the way so stop twisting facts.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by AMADU77: 12:31am On Aug 27, 2012
praying for physical issues and materials r the hopeless and the laziest

if god wanna listen to Dogs prayers, it will rain bones every day !!!! a wise man told me so

1 Like

Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by omenziate(m): 12:35am On Aug 27, 2012
As for me, I believe there is a higher degree of enemity and such pple are called "foes" who would rather die than see one celebrate. A woman shared dis testimony in church of hw she was barren for years and d man responsible kept telling her to her face that if she hears any sound in her belly dat it was probably a running stomach or sometin else and it was over his dead body for d woman to give birth, , she got tired and explained to d pastor, pastor was highly infuriated and prayed fervently against d power of dat "enemy" to die. Weeks later, man dies under mysterious circumstances and woman is now heavily pregnant. Dat being said, I pray for physical, spiritual , mental deaths for any enemy or foe dat wishes me dead or mournful.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:42am On Aug 27, 2012
Do u so called christians even know ur main purpose on earth?
Is it not to win souls?
So what' de sense in killing souls u could win?
All u care about is money, car, house, promotion.
If u really believed in heaven, u wouldn't have ur eyes on these things cause u know ur ''reward is great in heaven'', nd instead u would invest ur time in winning souls rather than trying to kill them.

Even these mass killing prayers u are doing, if it really works don't u think boko haram nd corruption would be off nigerian.

And from what the bible says it is possible to convert any body, so don't even give such a silly excuse.

Even if that prayer stuff worked u would be d first person to die cos u are ur own enemy. Bunch of hypocrites blaming others for their failures.
Always ''its d work of d devil''.
Abeg free d poor guy.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by ayobase(m): 12:59am On Aug 27, 2012
Bélla3: bless you sister.
You pray for the spiritual to die nt the physical.

Why are u guys answering these myopic fools.....they dont care about ur answer!
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by kid7soccer(m): 2:23am On Aug 27, 2012
Ayomivic: Many todays christians are going to church becaous they want to receive back their lost glory.Some believed that enemies are behind their problems and they are ready to do any thing to defeat and claim back their glory even if it will cause the life of their enemy or enemies.So, my quesion is as a christian is it good to ask for one enemy's life for you to enjoy your life? To me is very bad, the reason is that, you can not find this attitudes in the life of Jesus or the lives of early christians.
please don't get confuse, am a member of MFM, now most people say we command people to die and we don't pray for them to repent, now i want you to know that when we pray we don't call anybody name, my pastor even once said that calling people name is sin beside who told you those people are your problem, he said you may even be the cause of your problem and can end up dead, now when we say die, you my sturborn enemies die we are not calling anybody name, we commanding that power inside who soever to die, we are not fight a physical battle. Anyting that is Dead can be describe as distory, vanish, hindered, fruitless, it depends how it stands. In most cases i have heard some people say that someone had told them that over their dead body will the make it, be happy, even make heaven, have chidren, marry, and so on, it may come to you as a shock but it really happens, this are people that has vow to stop you with all they got, the have even given their soul to the devil to kill you and are not ready to repent and you are praying the should repent. Now if imagine if God open your eyes to see the person who has keep you in serious suffering, you finish school and no job for for years and you go to meet that person to ask what you had done, he or she say noting, that he or she has vow that except he dies noting for you, tell me will you pray for he or her to repent, he made a vow and he cant go back, what will you do. Now in my church we pray that let personality be expose and disgrace, we pray that any power that refuse to let us go, should release us and die, we all so say any power man or woman wat so ever sitting on our progress should be on sitted. Most of the time we hear people who testify how some hard confess to them of their evil deed, some had sat on people promotion had been unsitted, some die after that, some repent, in most case the can't repent as most of them had sold their soul to the devil and the only way is for them to die and let you go. so it is either they stop you or you stop them so tell me which do you chose to die and go to hell or pray your way out and let them fall on the pit the dug. Rember we are not fighting phyiscal battle but spiritual battles. In all God gave us the bible so let use it to better our life because in this end time the bible the is key to the hidden and secrety tings, remain bless.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) / Bolu Adubi: Pastor Adeboye’s Only Daughter (Photo) / Names Of God In Igbo Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.