Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? (60092 Views)

Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? / How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by searay(m): 6:25pm On Aug 26, 2012
bbpreye: And how does this reduce even one cup of garri in the market?
Man shall not live by garri bread alone but...
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Redhot111(m): 6:27pm On Aug 26, 2012
My guy its very much in place 2 pray dat d evil forces dat r troublin u should die 4 obvoius reasons. A king a king in isreal ws commanded by God 2 completely destroy d amalekites but he left some alive. And doz remnant later re enforced 2 fyt d nation of isreal, killing d king in d process. Nw if u dont stp dem by killing dem wit prayers if u can, God bein a merciful God will 4giv dem if dey succeed 2 kill u n repent afterward. Funi enuf dey will even make heaven if dia repentance is genuine. While u may make hell if u fell frm grace as at d tym dey killed u. So stp dem b4 dey stop u. Period.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Lovine: 6:27pm On Aug 26, 2012
E_monkey(m

Mr.Monkey, Satan is our enemy and when Christians pray they pray against Satan and his activities. True Christians don't pray against fellow human beings.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by exbash: 6:30pm On Aug 26, 2012
CeaserB: [size=13pt]Will Prayers Reduce The Price Of Garri In The Market grin[/size]
[size=14pt]I Have No Enemies To Pray For/Against. But The Price Of Garri Is A Problem grin[/size] grin

The price of garri will go down wen we have N5000 note FRESH AIR!!!!
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Jettage: 6:31pm On Aug 26, 2012
http://akinbami..com/2011/11/gbile-akanni-and-d-k-olukoya-dont-agree.html

Most Pastors dont even agree with the type of Prayer of these days, It is unlike Jesus who Prays for mercy and forgiveness for his enemiese , When Jesus deals with Demons, The case is different, he command them to leave with Power. He did not make it the subject of all his Prayer

these men have cunningly deceived gullible success seeker, especially women.
when you see the so called Man of God, those who visit him the most are women.
They have made merchandise of the people and they seems to Preach something that looks like gospel, but actually it is a ploy so you can not detect the error in them
Their service is more of Noise and Energy, They shout so much , and people engage in body shaking but they will still come to pray the same prayer tomorrow. True men of God don't make noise. they don't exert energy
The deception is so much and it reminds me of the words of Jesus, that the very elect would almost fall for their ploy, that is because error does not go by the name error
Many celebrated Men are Devils.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Cuddlemii: 6:34pm On Aug 26, 2012
Years back, I asked a group of Christians the reason why people pray for sinners/enemies to die instead of being delivered.

The response I got was that-
If someone is delivered, he/she can backslide and return to its sins or evil. For example, If you were delivered from demons or evil spirits, it can return the minute you step out of the church or you are expectant for it to return. Its possible for someone to act all repentant but still hatching a devious plan to harm or destroy. In order to avert/avoid the tendencies/urge of doing evil,or a recurrence, their enemies(not mine)should die.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Favourcom: 6:34pm On Aug 26, 2012
All ur comments are out of the view of writter. If u understand bible very well,u will know that the enemy of xtians is the devil so if u want to pray for devil to live forever.goodluck for u.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by benkings(m): 6:35pm On Aug 26, 2012
@topic Those who pray wit such mindset are simply fytin a wrong battle ,d bible made it clear dat we fyt nt against flesh n blood but against spiritualitiez n power. wich means our neighbour,brotherz,sisterz,friendz,memberz of boko..ha.ram, ar nt our enemiez
All humans are fytin same battle dat ah camouflage in difrent form
(holyspirit vs evilspirit)
d earlier we realise d root cus of our problem d earlier victorious we gon be.

1 Like

Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by methodman(m): 6:37pm On Aug 26, 2012
Stupid prayers... God will never answer dose kind of prayers.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by wholexy009(m): 6:41pm On Aug 26, 2012
God bless u jare, most people just don't understand this; the bible says for we wrestle №τ̲̅ against flesh ‎​‎​@̤̥̣̈̊̇п̲̣̣̥d̶̲̥̅̊ blood, it is also written that our weapons A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ №τ̲̅ canals, hence when we pray such it basically to attack evil powers ‎​‎​@̤̥̣̈̊̇п̲̣̣̥d̶̲̥̅̊ spirit making them to indulge in such evil.
Omo Alata: I personally don't think the prayer is against the man/woman per se to die shocked but the prayer is for the evil power inside of them to die i.e. to be cut off spiritually from you and render it powerless against you. The witch will still be a witch but they will be unable to touch you spiritually/physically because you have rendered them impotent smiley
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by onuwaje(m): 6:44pm On Aug 26, 2012
Wen we pray for our enemies to die our enemies pray for their enemies to die that makes us all enemies but if all enemies die hu go come dey the life?
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by kensandrea: 6:44pm On Aug 26, 2012
PLS SPECIFY THE TYPE OF ENEMY YOU MEAN @ OP

[size=15pt]IF ITS PHYSICAL ENEMY THEN I WOULD SAY[/size] [size=16pt]ITS WRONG[/size]

[size=15pt]BUT IF ITS SPIRITUAL ENEMY THEN I DONT SEE ANYTHING WORNG IN IT.......... IT IS VERY OK TO ME[/size]
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Benito69(m): 7:08pm On Aug 26, 2012
When we pray that our enemies should die, God determines the appropriate means of dealing with them. He gives them time to repent as He seeks their salvation and not their destruction, some do repent of their wicked ways and are spared God's wrath. However some continue in opposing, and thus God has no other choice than to destroy them in order to secure the life of His child. Our job is to pray about the actions of our enemies, as we pray God moves and deals with them accordingly. It is our duty, and not a matter of right or wrong.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 26, 2012
Somehow is wrong, but not absolutly wrong.There are four(4) categories of Enemies,
1.There are Enemies that will die for you to live,eg, the Egyptians that were after the
Isrealite that died in the red sea, and the Enemies vow never to live and see you progress.
2.Enemies that God himself will incapacitate.you can see that in psalm 23vs5a.
3.Enemies that need to live and see you progress.Eg.Joseph brothers.
4.Enemies that God will turn to our best friend. Eg. Apostle Paul, Formally an Arch enemy of the Church.

Puting all of the above into consideration, the best way we can pray is "God deal with my Enemies"
expecially when we are not too sure of their categories.God knows them and he knows how better to deal
with them.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by UyiIredia(m): 7:15pm On Aug 26, 2012
It is wrong to pray for your enemies to die. Instead pray for your enemies to change for the better.

1 Like

Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by jude33084(m): 7:16pm On Aug 26, 2012
E_monkey: That is the problem with pentecostal churches, different doctrines and different beliefs.
I have been to churches before. In some churches, when it is time to pray, the pastor instructs the congregation to send fire and sickness and death to the camp of their enemy.
Later they will claim that Christianity preaches love and peace.

Why do they call U̶̲̥̅̊
Ŧħåϯ Ɲαмe lipsrsealed
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by chucky234(m): 7:18pm On Aug 26, 2012
kensandrea: PLS SPECIFY THE TYPE OF ENEMY YOU MEAN @ OP

[size=15pt]IF ITS PHYSICAL ENEMY THEN I WOULD SAY[/size] [size=16pt]ITS WRONG[/size]

[size=15pt]BUT IF ITS SPIRITUAL ENEMY THEN I DONT SEE ANYTHING WORNG IN IT.......... IT IS VERY OK TO ME[/size]
The bad news is that you can't kill a spiritual enemies but can free yourself from the grip.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by jflexa(f): 7:18pm On Aug 26, 2012
Its not gud 2 pray 4 ur enemis 2 die, let them live 2 see what u'll bcom in future. If they cnt bit me, let them join me. Simple
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by manny4life(m): 7:22pm On Aug 26, 2012
Even the Bible acknowledged EVIL of higher places, and God commanded,

"Suffer not a witch to live but die", therefore, since a witch is my enemy, I won't pray for them to live and continue to hurt me, and perhaps, GOD FORBID, I become a victim of death by their sorcery. There you have it, enemies comes in different forms and fashion, as for witch/spiritual enemy, I WILL NOT pray for live, BUT death.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Jasiel(f): 7:23pm On Aug 26, 2012

What is it with u and this statement?
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by solomon111(m): 7:31pm On Aug 26, 2012
Lmao at ignorant christians.
The prayers of the psalmist was even more acidic and dangerous,than the prayers,M.F.M prays nowadays.
Maybe,you guys should go and ask God,if he answered David's prayers.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by jude33084(m): 7:32pm On Aug 26, 2012

Are U̶̲̥̅̊
okay?
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by otokx(m): 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2012
wrong
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by vega84(m): 7:37pm On Aug 26, 2012
Right to me 100percent
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by mrperfect(m): 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2012
Following what is in the bible is best.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by jude33084(m): 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2012
solomon111: Lmao at ignorant christians.
The prayers of the psalmist was even more acidic and dangerous,than the prayers,M.F.M prays nowadays.
Maybe,you guys should go and ask God,if he answered David's prayers.

ƗƗŏw many of ur enemies have U̶̲̥̅̊
killed through prayers?

God said τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ battle is His! Not yours ♍♈ guy abi na BH U̶̲̥̅̊
be?
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by benkings(m): 7:41pm On Aug 26, 2012
manny4life: Even the Bible acknowledged EVIL of higher places, and God commanded,

"Suffer not a witch to live but die", therefore, since a witch is my enemy, I won't pray for them to live and continue to hurt me, and perhaps, GOD FORBID, I become a victim of death by their sorcery. There you have it, enemies comes in different forms and fashion, as for witch/spiritual enemy, I WILL NOT pray for live, BUT death.
u mean witch as in how ,ur friend,neighbour or far relative who iz a witch or d spirit being?
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by jnrremedy(m): 7:43pm On Aug 26, 2012
If u say u re only praying for d death of ur spiritual enemies den u re praying amis cos tins of d spirit dont die cos they re nt living in d first place. Jesus never prayed for d dealth of any demon even when he knew they re possiilities for the demons to go back to their victims.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Rudewaterz(m): 7:47pm On Aug 26, 2012
musKeeto:
I don't need to turn the Bible upside down. *The Bible turns itself upside down.* *GOD/YAHWEH is a GOD Of HATE* *and* *JEALOUSY*... The Bible tells me so..
So you should expect his followers to do the same..

perhaps you could spare me some of the crack you're smoking?
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 7:52pm On Aug 26, 2012
Ayomivic: Many todays christians are going to church becaous they want to receive back their lost glory.Some believed that enemies are behind their problems and they are ready to do any thing to defeat and claim back their glory even if it will cause the life of their enemy or enemies.So, my quesion is as a christian is it good to ask for one enemy's life for you to enjoy your life? To me is very bad, the reason is that, you can not find this attitudes in the life of Jesus or the lives of early christians.

Signs of an immature Christian.

If you read the book of Psalms, David went from Praying for his enemies to die to accepting responsibility for the bad that he caused in his life by making openings for these so-called enemies to come in.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Duxe(f): 8:00pm On Aug 26, 2012
[quote
author=musKeeto]
I don't need to turn the Bible upside down. The Bible turns itself
upside down. GOD/YAHWEH is a GOD Of HATE and JEALOUSY... The Bible tells
me so..
So you should expect his followers to do the same..

[/quote]

HEELP! Rev.king is out on the streets of nairaland!

1 Like

Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 26, 2012
Interesting thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Synagogue, T.B Joshua's Church Resumes Services (Photos) / Photos: Checkout These Very Hilarious Nigerian Church Posters, Laugh It Off. / 'My View Regarding The Election (US)'- TB Joshua Replies Critics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.