Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? (60142 Views)

Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? / How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by kisibo: 9:45am On Aug 27, 2012
chisco82: Somehow is wrong, but not absolutly wrong.There are four(4) categories of Enemies,
1.There are Enemies that will die for you to live,eg, the Egyptians that were after the
Isrealite that died in the red sea, and the Enemies vow never to live and see you progress.
2.Enemies that God himself will incapacitate.you can see that in psalm 23vs5a.
3.Enemies that need to live and see you progress.Eg.Joseph brothers.
4.Enemies that God will turn to our best friend. Eg. Apostle Paul, Formally an Arch enemy of the Church.

Puting all of the above into consideration, the best way we can pray is "God deal with my Enemies"
expecially when we are not too sure of their categories.God knows them and he knows how better to deal
with them.

My brother i agree wt u....GBAM!
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by beobjective: 9:46am On Aug 27, 2012
I believe it is ignorance that makes people pray for the death of their enemies…. Lets be truly guided about what the bible says.

Firstly, Jesus made it clear in Mattew 5: 43-48 “YOU heard that it was said, ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 However, I say to YOU: Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU; 45 that YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. 46 For if YOU love those loving YOU, what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? 47 And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing? 48 YOU must accordingly be perfect, as YOUR heavenly Father is perfect.

It is stated clearly that you should LOVE your enemies and bless those that do bad things to you to PROVE that you are a child of God. A TRUE child of God that understands God’s view will never pray for the death of his enemies. Also remember that God does not want the death of a Sinner. Obviously if your enemy is a sinner, God would prefer he repents and not kill him. Why not pray for the repentance of your enemies? Also in Jesus model prayer, He say “ Deliver us from all evil”.

Thinking of spiritual enemies, we are only deceiving ourselves to think that God will destroy any demons because you request it. Ask yourself, How many demons did Jesus himself destroyed? God will not destroy Satan the Devil for you. He already has an appointed time to do so.
Finally, I think the major blame is on the So-called Pastors of nowadays. Well, the bible already says we are in the last days and there will be many false prophets and as Roman 16:17,18 said, they slave for their own tummy. They are only saying the things that people will like to hear. That’s why they are so keen on PROSPERITY preachings.

We need to put what is in 1John 4:1 to heart that says we should not believe every inspired expression but we should personally test it if it is truly of God because MANY false prophets(PASTORS) have gone into the world. The best way to test is to personally study the bible and strive to understand what the bible really teach.

3 Likes

Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by cheddarking(m): 10:17am On Aug 27, 2012
Any Christian that truly believes he should 'love' his enemies is truly a f00l.

Your true enemy is that man/woman who hates you for no just cause, and who doesn't want to see you succeed in life.
Your true enemy is that person who in the shadow of the night carries your name to the babalawo to kill you(This is irrespective of the babalawo's effectiveness. The intent is the key factor)
Your true enemy is that person who would physically attack(or pay someone to physically attack) you.

And you feel such a person should live?

Throughout the bible, there are multiple examples of God destroying the enemies of his people.

Any christian worth his salt must endeavour to rain spiritual fire and bullets on his enemies!

1 Like

Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by solemate: 10:46am On Aug 27, 2012
Some Christians could have been worse than Boko haram if given the chance
The Bible have given us the standard
and that is our Lord's prayer

2 Likes

Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by kosiobabiolorun: 11:44am On Aug 27, 2012
You need to understand, what they mean by enemy, it can be an antagonist or an evil agent, destroying the powers of your enemies, so that they will not use their power to harm you. If you believe it or not don't be a victim of circumstances b4 u start praying against your enemy
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by bezimo(m): 11:49am On Aug 27, 2012
In as much as i would want The lord to destroy all my enemies as the Psalmist(David) always prayed, but it would be best If God prepared a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by crown777(m): 12:01pm On Aug 27, 2012
The Bible says “my people perished for lack of knowledge”. In MFM, the term fall down and die is never against human-beings because we don’t see the physical men as enemies but the evil inner man the Bible emphatically affirmed that “the heart of man is evil and desperately wicked who can know it”. As a matter of fact we tell our members not to pray against human beings hence it will be witchcraft. It is common knowledge that behind every bad thing there is a force. It is that FORCE that MFM prays against. There are many places in the Bible especially in (Ephesians 6:10-18) where we see that the battle is not against flesh and blood. You can never hear any real MFM members saying: Mr. John Bull fall down and die. This is distinctly not the doctrine of MFM. Enemies are not usually physical being;

Super1759: Where the NL that attend mountain of fire, please come and defend yourselves here
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Deleahmed: 12:04pm On Aug 27, 2012
Jymsyno2004@yahoo.co.uk:
Any time you see an 'assembly' , 'ministry'or 'prayer house' gather and all they do is to pray for one need or the other such as my enemy must die prayer, the needs actually multiply. You wont see such gathering in the new testament.

you have to leave everything for the Almighty Allah. Dont tag anyone as enemy but just do what is fair to you. The question of praying or cursing ones enemy does not arise at all, but if the situation demands, its advisable to pray for them.

1 Like

Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by ReeOde(m): 12:09pm On Aug 27, 2012
Absolutely no.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Meeky(m): 12:22pm On Aug 27, 2012
nedostic: @Goshen360,

Spot on.

I believe as Christians and considering the pains and sufferings of Christ,we should likewise bless our supposedly 'human enemies'. This is why the disciples in the days of old were called Christians-Christ like.

Our main enemy is Satan with his demons.

Our battle is not flesh and blood but spirits in diverse dimensions and powers.

I used to think in that direction that human beings are our enemies and would bind,scatter and use a lot of military jargons all in the name of destroying my enemies.

Poor me! would even carry a knife and start stabbing an invisible enemy.

Ignorance and delusion of the highest degree!

It sounds funny and idiotic of me but the fact of life remains that I really did all these nasty things all in the name of praying against my enemies. Worse of all,I still was very rooted in sins and I did not see any enemy that died as a result of my supposedly intense 'over-comers' prayers.

Alas!I never knew what I was even practising in a way was well-refined and religious WITCHCRAFT-Paganism.

As Christians, we have the authority in the name of Jesus Christ to cast out demons BUT NOT to BIND as most folks believe.

No man has the power to bind any demon except Jesus Christ.

I have never stated that we do not have enemies but our prayers must be properly channeled against wicked and invisible forces.

Yes, as Christians we have the right in Christ to destroy the works of the enemies just be decreeing it,it shall be established by faith.

Let us pray wisely and most importantly see fellow human beings as our brothers and sisters despite their wickedness.

Methinks, the greatest prayer is OUR LORD's PRAYER.

Mind you, one can equally be an enemy to him(her)self based on one's unbridled appetite for food, fame,money,women,and other material possessions. Personally, I have been an enemy to myself on food(junks,fries,chicken meat,etc) and babes(women)-crazy about beautiful slim chics.

God in His infinite mercies has just started to make me a work-in-progress for His dear kingdom. God's mercy is beyond human thinking.Please no one get should get me wrong. I do not have a holier than thou mentality because I believe its only God that can justify anyone. I still have my private battles and succumb to certain pressures of life but I do count on the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ for HIS finished works on the cross.

PLS: This does not give room for me to take God's grace for granted. A true son must know what HIS Father likes![/b]Thank you!

[b]May the Lord bless us and grant us wisdom not to pray amiss.

u getting it wrong.bible says whatsoever u bind on earth is bound in heaven.The enemy(adversary)is the devil and he is d one dat acusses d brethren,so if u dont bind him u r in trouble,even Jesus said get behind me satan while he was tempted.havent u heard dat we wrestle not again flesh and blood but against principalities and power and rulers of d kindom of darkness,dis are all of d devil.so pls when praying bind dis things
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 27, 2012
cheddarkin:

Any Christian that truly believes he should 'love' his enemies is truly a f00l.
Your true enemy is that man/woman who hates you for no just cause, and who doesn't want to see you succeed in life.
Your true enemy is that person who in the shadow of the night carries your name to the babalawo to kill you(This is irrespective of the babalawo's effectiveness. The intent is the key factor)
Your true enemy is that person who would physically attack(or pay someone to physically attack) you.
And you feel such a person should live?
Throughout the bible, there are multiple examples of God destroying the enemies of his people.
Any christian worth his salt must endeavour to rain spiritual fire and bullets on his enemies!

Are u joking or just stupid.
Hope u know u are contradicting ur Messiah.

Too much africa magic don squash nd bulala some people's brain.

No offence but if u are a christian of today, its most likely that u haven't sat down to think, u have refused to accept the truth or u are just plain dumb.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by OmoAlata(f): 12:40pm On Aug 27, 2012
For those against:-

So, if you pray, "Every satanic prayer against my life, backfire!!" and it backfires and say the person prayed that you should die, but because you backfired the evil prayer, they died instead, is that still bad? cool
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by mencer(m): 1:03pm On Aug 27, 2012
' forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. "

1 Like

Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by truthislight: 1:10pm On Aug 27, 2012
Redhot111: My guy its very much in place 2 pray dat d evil forces dat r troublin u should die 4 obvoius reasons. A king a king in isreal ws commanded by God 2 completely destroy d amalekites but he left some alive. And doz remnant later re enforced 2 fyt d nation of isreal, killing d king in d process. Nw if u dont stp dem by killing dem wit prayers if u can, God bein a merciful God will 4giv dem if dey succeed 2 kill u n repent afterward. Funi enuf dey will even make heaven if dia repentance is genuine. While u may make hell if u fell frm grace as at d tym dey killed u. So stp dem b4 dey stop u. Period.

no wander,
you dont teach what the bible says.

You teach from your brain.

Can you kill satan? Or a spirit creature for that matter?

What then will jesus do?
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by truthislight: 1:16pm On Aug 27, 2012
Favourcom: All ur comments are out of the view of writter. If u understand bible very well,u will know that the enemy of xtians is the devil so if u want to pray for devil to live forever.goodluck for u.

your prayer should be for G to deliver you from the wicked(satan) one and not for satan to die.

Read matthew 6:9to 14.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by ekpriobong(m): 1:18pm On Aug 27, 2012
musKeeto: First of all for Christian folk, Enemies could mean a lot of things..

Enemies

1. The Spiritual..
Satan and his cohorts.

2. The Physical
a. Atheists
b. Neighbors that are more successful than them.
c. Bosses sitting on their promotion.
d. Homosexuals and Lesbians

The Holy Ghost fire is an all consuming fire. It should be used to burn the atheists, scare the neighbors, scar the heart of the bosses and incinerate those homos..

As for Satan, GOD himself will handle his case..

So it right to pray(a communication with God) for your enemies to die?
I say YES... a big YESS...

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches
You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Death to Followers of Other Religions
Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill False Prophets
If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God
Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night
But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Killing the Good Samaritan
The ark of God was placed on a new cart and taken away from the house of Abinadab on the hill. Uzzah and Ahio, sons of Abinadab guided the cart, with Ahio walking before it, while David and all the Israelites made merry before the Lord with all their strength, with singing and with citharas, harps, tambourines, sistrums, and cymbals.
When they came to the threshing floor of Nodan, Uzzah reached out his hand to the ark of God to steady it, for the oxen were making it tip. But the Lord was angry with Uzzah; God struck him on that spot, and he died there before God. (2 Samuel 6:3-7 NAB)

Kill Sons of Sinners
Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

God Will Kill Children
The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird, for your children will die at birth or perish in the womb or never even be conceived. Even if your children do survive to grow up, I will take them from you. It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone. I have watched Israel become as beautiful and pleasant as Tyre. But now Israel will bring out her children to be slaughtered." O LORD, what should I request for your people? I will ask for wombs that don't give birth and breasts that give no milk. The LORD says, "All their wickedness began at Gilgal; there I began to hate them. I will drive them from my land because of their evil actions. I will love them no more because all their leaders are rebels. The people of Israel are stricken. Their roots are dried up; they will bear no more fruit. And if they give birth, I will slaughter their beloved children." (Hosea 9:11-16 NLT)

Kill Men, Women, and Children
"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

for more, click here

I seeeeee, but are you not surprise that all the scriptures you are quoting are in the Old Testament? Brother, pls that's not where we are now. Stop this madness!!! There are the real Words in the Bible, so find out else you'll spend all your life on earth fighting the devil which is not necessary.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by truthislight: 1:20pm On Aug 27, 2012
kensandrea: PLS SPECIFY THE TYPE OF ENEMY YOU MEAN @ OP

[size=15pt]IF ITS PHYSICAL ENEMY THEN I WOULD SAY[/size] [size=16pt]ITS WRONG[/size]

[size=15pt]BUT IF ITS SPIRITUAL ENEMY THEN I DONT SEE ANYTHING WORNG IN IT.......... IT IS VERY OK TO ME[/size]

where in the bible God say you should pray for satan to die?
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by ekpriobong(m): 1:23pm On Aug 27, 2012
truthislight:

where in the bible God say you should pray for satan to die?

Ask him if he can even pray for satan to die.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by SuperT(m): 1:24pm On Aug 27, 2012
The battle is not canal we are fighting against the principalities of darkness of the world.

Is unseen enemies who is devil. You need to stop him before it stop you. For you to stop it you must ask

it to die. Nobody is praying for Human been to die so be wise.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by WinningEdge: 1:26pm On Aug 27, 2012
Hello all,
my take here is,let everybody seek the in-dwelling of the holy spirit for without Him
we cannot know the true way of God.the bible calls Him the spirit of truth(John 16:13).
when Jesus was leaving the planet earth He promised to send us a comforter(John 16:7)
which was the Holy Spirit and He said the Holy Siprit would TEACH US ALL THINGS;
now we are under the dispensation of the Holy Ghost and any christian/church
without the leading of the Holy Spirit will always confuse the scriptures with many wrong
things and will not be able to know God accurately.
As per the main topic;the issue isnt what a particular pastor/church is saying/doing with prayers and the enemies
as there`s no perfect church/man on earth,we all have our bible and God has given us the Holy
Spirit which is the senior pastor and greatest teacher,so always say your prayers according
to the leading of the Holy Spirit in you and in line with
biblical standard.
Moreover,we need to be wiser than the devil,instead of casting aspersions on churches/pastors
what should occupy our mind these days is how to practise what is written in the bible and make our maker happy always!
or of what gain is it to us if we have victory over all the enemies in the whole world and we dont make heaven at last?
it will be an irrepairable tragedy to such a soul.
There is every indication that Jesus can appear any moment from now and the antichrist government will take over;
where will we spend our eternity after here.HEAVEN or HELL?
Remember wherever we find ourselves is forever!
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by aryzgreat: 1:26pm On Aug 27, 2012
This church depicts the topic of discussion

Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by truthislight: 1:26pm On Aug 27, 2012
manny4life: Even the Bible acknowledged EVIL of higher places, and God commanded,

"Suffer not a witch to live but die", therefore, since a witch is my enemy, I won't pray for them to live and continue to hurt me, and perhaps, GOD FORBID, I become a victim of death by their sorcery. There you have it, enemies comes in different forms and fashion, as for witch/spiritual enemy, I WILL NOT pray for live, BUT death.

who is a witch?

Since you have been praying such how many of them have died?
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by truthislight: 1:35pm On Aug 27, 2012
dontalk: But who is the enemy? If satan then we Must FIGHT him even though we cannot destroy him but God can. We need refer to 2Corinth 10:3-5(NLT), may be that scripture will give us insight. There is always a spirit at work in the sons of disobedience. May God give understanding!

if you cant kill satan why west your time praying for him to die now?

Dont you know he will still be around after the 1000yrs?
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by deleo16(m): 2:08pm On Aug 27, 2012
be_objective: I believe it is ignorance that makes people pray for the death of their enemies…. Lets be truly guided about what the bible says.

Firstly, Jesus made it clear in Mattew 5: 43-48 “YOU heard that it was said, ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 However, I say to YOU: Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU; 45 that YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. 46 For if YOU love those loving YOU, what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? 47 And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing? 48 YOU must accordingly be perfect, as YOUR heavenly Father is perfect.

It is stated clearly that you should LOVE your enemies and bless those that do bad things to you to PROVE that you are a child of God. A TRUE child of God that understands God’s view will never pray for the death of his enemies. Also remember that God does not want the death of a Sinner. Obviously if your enemy is a sinner, God would prefer he repents and not kill him. Why not pray for the repentance of your enemies? Also in Jesus model prayer, He say “ Deliver us from all evil”.

Thinking of spiritual enemies, we are only deceiving ourselves to think that God will destroy any demons because you request it. Ask yourself, How many demons did Jesus himself destroyed? God will not destroy Satan the Devil for you. He already has an appointed time to do so.
Finally, I think the major blame is on the So-called Pastors of nowadays. Well, the bible already says we are in the last days and there will be many false prophets and as Roman 16:17,18 said, they slave for their own tummy. They are only saying the things that people will like to hear. That’s why they are so keen on PROSPERITY preachings.

We need to put what is in 1John 4:1 to heart that says we should not believe every inspired expression but we should personally test it if it is truly of God because MANY false prophets(PASTORS) have gone into the world. The best way to test is to personally study the bible and strive to understand what the bible really teach.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by deleo16(m): 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2012
many ignorant christians fight the wrong battle
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by deleo16(m): 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2012
many ignorant christians fight the wrong battle i dont blame them when all they do is give all bible reading to their pastor they dont have time to study for themselves

1 Like

Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by cheddarking(m): 2:49pm On Aug 27, 2012
inurmind: @cheddarking

Are u joking or just stupid.
Hope u know u are contradicting ur Messiah.

Too much africa magic don squash nd bulala some people's brain.

No offence but if u are a christian of today, its most likely that u haven't sat down to think, u have refused to accept the truth or u are just plain dumb.

It is obvious you know absolutely NOTHING about the bible.
Jesus is not/has never been a pushover.
Rev 19:11-21 describes Jesus as being "clothed in a robe dipped in blood" and commanding "the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, following him on white horses"

Verse 15 goes on to say "From his mouth comes a sharp sword vwith which to strike down the nations, and whe will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress with the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty"

Does he sound like a Pacifist to you?

Why will the God who has good plans for you ask you to submit yourself to your oppressors?

I repeat...Any Christian that prays for his enemies...or professes to 'love them' is a F00l. Just as you are!
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by oluite(f): 2:49pm On Aug 27, 2012
@ OP

See this Psalm 109 by the Psalmist especially verse 6

1Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise;

2For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue.

3They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause.

4For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer.

5And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.

6[b]Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right hand.
[/b]
7When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer become sin.

8Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

9Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.

10Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.

11Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour.

12Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favour his fatherless children.

13Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out.

14Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered with the LORD; and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out.

15Let them be before the LORD continually, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.

16Because that he remembered not to shew mercy, but persecuted the poor and needy man, that he might even slay the broken in heart.

17As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him.

18As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones.

19Let it be unto him as the garment which covereth him, and for a girdle wherewith he is girded continually.

20Let this be the reward of mine adversaries from the LORD, and of them that speak evil against my soul.

21But do thou for me, O GOD the Lord, for thy name's sake: because thy mercy is good, deliver thou me.

22For I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me.

23I am gone like the shadow when it declineth: I am tossed up and down as the locust.

24My knees are weak through fasting; and my flesh faileth of fatness.

25I became also a reproach unto them: when they looked upon me they shaked their heads.

26Help me, O LORD my God: O save me according to thy mercy:

27That they may know that this is thy hand; that thou, LORD, hast done it.

28Let them curse, but bless thou: when they arise, let them be ashamed; but let thy servant rejoice.

29Let mine adversaries be clothed with shame, and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a mantle.

30I will greatly praise the LORD with my mouth; yea, I will praise him among the multitude.

31For he shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him from those that condemn his soul.

Even Psalm 69 especially verses 27-28

What is your take on these prayers by the psalmist?
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by DoctorMcgruff: 2:57pm On Aug 27, 2012
The answer is no,why pray for them to die when you can pray for them to be saved Why not pray that God reveal himself to them.
Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by DoctorMcgruff: 3:01pm On Aug 27, 2012
cheddarking:

It is obvious you know absolutely NOTHING about the bible.
Jesus is not/has never been a pushover.
Rev 19:11-21 describes Jesus as being "clothed in a robe dipped in blood" and commanding "the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, following him on white horses"

Verse 15 goes on to say "From his mouth comes a sharp sword vwith which to strike down the nations, and whe will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress with the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty"

Does he sound like a Pacifist to you?

Why will the God who has good plans for you ask you to submit yourself to your oppressors?

I repeat...Any Christian that prays for his enemies...or professes to 'love them' is a F00l. Just as you are!

a very irrelevant use of the word to backup your arguement.

1 Like

Re: Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? by cheddarking(m): 3:13pm On Aug 27, 2012
DoctorMcgruff:

a very irrelevant use of the word to backup your arguement.
DoctorMcgruff: The answer is no,why pray for them to die when you can pray for them to be saved Why not pray that God reveal himself to them.

Please show me where God is described as a pushover or cuddly teddy-bear.

Deut 4.24 decribes God as a "Consuming Fire" and a "Jealous God".

Exodus 20.5 has God stating that "...I will visit the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me"

Nahum 1.2 states "The Lord is a jealous and avenging God;the Lord is avenging and wrathful;the Lord takes vengeance on his adversaries and keeps wrath for his enemies"

Dont ever make the assumption that being a Christian means submitting yourself to Persecution.

Yes...Jesus said love your enemies etc...but Romans 12.20 puts this in perspective ""If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."

Case Closed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sharon Oyakhilome And Her Father Chris Oyakhilome Pictured Together / Dr. Paul Enenche Turned A Wedding To Healing Service, Heal A Woman With Clutches / Pastor Chidi Eke Dies While Fasting For 40 Days In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.