Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,522 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus (19370 Views)

Dangote Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview/ Training 2015 / Any Successful Dangote Graduate Driver Here? Pls Narrate Your Ordeal / Dangote Graduate Drivers Trainee Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by AjanleKoko: 3:13pm On Aug 23, 2012
trae_z:

I disagree. Working as a teller, counting and paying money all day, balancing late at times and having your salary deducted when there are shortages. At the end of the day you think it's the measly 50k that they pay you that comforts you.

Truck driving is equally as time consuming as tellering but more exciting. More still you make your money by side runs on the daily. It can be dangerous but being a careful responsible driver will carry you very far.

please go and work in the defunct MTN Jos call center. have all the free time in the world and while at it look at your 35k salary; hope that really makes you happy.

Have you done both, I mean work in the call center, as well as drive a truck? undecided
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by kay9(m): 4:31pm On Aug 23, 2012
hononyx: @Bello oya come home with your degrees and start a career with the truck drivers association of dangote....very funny story you have indeed, I don't need to be a professor to know how frustrating it is for you out there, but let me ask you a simple queston, what happens to the unskilled labor force that abounds in this country if graduates treasure this offer?...the call for self employment is unilateral but don't sit in the comfy of your highly rated status and dictate what happens to chaps that are in a system that doesnt work...am tired of listening to this foreign stories..be patriotic and apply becos you think the man is doing Nigerians a favor...am not saying folks shouldnt apply but why not encourage these graduates in more befitting ways...now you think graduates move from class to class to earn a degree, you forget its still your first class from this same universities that has given you the opportunity abroad...oga Bello be sincere and tell the truth when you see one, there are other ways to encourage these graduates...leave the unskilled jobs for the unskilled...you admitted that you went up the ladder too in your landscaping jobs, allow us too to grow both mentally and physically and don't ridicule us with your part time job....

What has what u said here got to do with Bello's comment??
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by dayokanu(m): 5:33pm On Aug 23, 2012
willon: @poster, this article is parochial, n lacks objectivity. Other issues like d hazards, security challenges n challenges on d job r not considered. Dont base ur argument on the pay package, cos even an S.S.C.E holder may not accept 100k for such a risk.
In as much as Dangote has d right to formulate internal policies n pple hv d rit to apply or not. Truck driving is herculiean n doesnt make sense for graduates.

Which Job doesnt have its risk? You know how many bankers are cooling off in EFCC because they miscounted money or someone swindled them?

Do you know how many bankers have been shot dead by armed robbers?

Is it not graduates who work on oil rigs in the middle of the ocean and exposed to kidnapping and other dangers?

Abeg talk something

1 Like

Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On Aug 23, 2012
AjanleKoko:

At least you guys work to minimum wage in yankee. It's not like this guy is planning to pay them some serious cash.
Working as a teller, as a graduate, is different. It's not so difficult, and at least you get to go home safe everyday.
And it's not about the money. Driving a truck can't be beans, not in Nigeria. Terrible roads, highway bandits, etc. If you have aspirations for part-time further study, you can kiss that goodbye if you are doing this type of job.

It's even better to be a shop attendant earning 20k, than to be driving a truck for 50k. It's not that much money, and it's a whole lot of hassle. Like someone pointed out, the guy is probably just trying to cut his costs and put drivers on a fixed, meager salary. I wouldn't advise anybody to do it. Easier to stay behind the counter in a fast food joint.

Why would it be better to be a shop attendant for 20k than truck driver for 50k

An Engineer who becomes a shop attendant or teller for 20k how does that contribute to his career? How owuld he be able to save up money for further studies better than a driver who earns 50K.

Business is not a charity its about cutting costs.

I cant see any real reason proferred for this Dangote scheme to be wrong.

Like I said its because we have parents and family who still take care of their graduate siblings. If you have to go make a living for yourself after college like in most countries. Do you think we would be having this discussion?

I know an Engineering grad from University of Texas Austin who worked as a bartender for almost a yr before getting a job at Texas Instrument
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by AjanleKoko: 5:44pm On Aug 23, 2012
dayokanu:

Why would it be better to be a shop attendant for 20k than truck driver for 50k

An Engineer who becomes a shop attendant or teller for 20k how does that contribute to his career? How owuld he be able to save up money for further studies better than a driver who earns 50K.

Business is not a charity its about cutting costs.

I cant see any real reason proferred for this Dangote scheme to be wrong.

Like I said its because we have parents and family who still take care of their graduate siblings. If you have to go make a living for yourself after college like in most countries. Do you think we would be having this discussion?

I know an Engineering grad from University of Texas Austin who worked as a bartender for almost a yr before getting a job at Texas Instrument

It's still better. You guys are talking like driving a Mack Truck from Lagos to Kano is the same as serving out meat pie at Mr Biggs.
If it is just a subsistence job, I will serve the meatpies, and have some free time to pursue whatever I want to do next.
On the average a truck driver spends 2-3 days driving from Lagos to Kano. They do maybe 8-10 trips in a month. Do the math. You spend virtually all your time on the road, exposed to crooked cops, bandits, and terrible roads. For 50 grand naira? I think not, pally.
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by dayokanu(m): 5:58pm On Aug 23, 2012
AjanleKoko:

It's still better. You guys are talking like driving a Mack Truck from Lagos to Kano is the same as serving out meat pie at Mr Biggs.
If it is just a subsistence job, I will serve the meatpies, and have some free time to pursue whatever I want to do next.
On the average a truck driver spends 2-3 days driving from Lagos to Kano. They do maybe 8-10 trips in a month. Do the math. You spend virtually all your time on the road, exposed to crooked cops, bandits, and terrible roads. For 50 grand naira? I think not, pally.

So tell me how someone serving meatpie is better when he earns less and might not be able to save up to go back to school.

If its about pride, Both jobs are not what they both desired. But the driver can earn enough to quit and go about his further education or business
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by AjanleKoko: 6:05pm On Aug 23, 2012
dayokanu:

So tell me how someone serving meatpie is better when he earns less and might not be able to save up to go back to school.

If its about pride, Both jobs are not what they both desired. But the driver can earn enough to quit and go about his further education or business

Who said anything about pride? Pride has nothing to do with it.
I just think, if you take up a job like that, you are not likely to either go back to school, or even find another line of work.

Think about how many graduates that end up driving danfos. How many of them ever make it out of that profession? Some lines of work in Nigeria are just, well, nasty.
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by dayokanu(m): 6:15pm On Aug 23, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Who said anything about pride? Pride has nothing to do with it.
I just think, if you take up a job like that, you are not likely to either go back to school, or even find another line of work.

Think about how many graduates that end up driving danfos. How many of them ever make it out of that profession? Some lines of work in Nigeria are just, well, nasty.

Well, I think paying your bills is the first aim of anyone in Life. If driving Danfos can pay your bills and get you a better life better do it instead of waiting till when someone would give you what you desire.

What does Nigeria have to offer a graduate of Sociology, Anthropology, philosophy etc Most of them work in things that dont relate to what they studied in school.

My own is that anything that brings a honest income do it first and Dangote providing a means of livelihood is not doing anything wrong here.

Which do you consider more nasty, Danfo driving or using young pretty women as marketers to chase deposits in banks (You know what that usually leads to)
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by AjanleKoko: 6:17pm On Aug 23, 2012
dayokanu:

Well, I think paying your bills is the first aim of anyone in Life. If driving Danfos can pay your bills and get you a better life better do it instead of waiting till when someone would give you what you desire.

What does Nigeria have to offer a graduate of Sociology, Anthropology, philosophy etc Most of them work in things that dont relate to what they studied in school.

My own is that anything that brings a honest income do it first and Dangote providing a means of livelihood is not doing anything wrong here.

Which do you consider more nasty, Danfo driving or using young pretty women as marketers to chase deposits in banks (You know what that usually leads to)

So, dayo, you want pretty young women to drive danfos? cheesy
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by dayokanu(m): 6:20pm On Aug 23, 2012
AjanleKoko:

So, dayo, you want pretty young women to drive danfos? cheesy

Which one do you consider more nasty a young graduate man driving Danfo and a young graduate girl "chasing deposits"
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by AjanleKoko: 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2012
dayokanu:

Which one do you consider more nasty a young graduate man driving Danfo and a young graduate girl "chasing deposits"

The danfo driver. Without a question.
He's surrounded by louts and criminals, paraga and weed all day, and will almost certainly grow into one himself.

The young graduate girl chasing deposits will get propositioned time and again, and may or may not succumb. If she does succumb, that's her business entirely. Even if she ends up not bringing a kobo to the bank, and gets fired as a result, she'll still have saved more money than your danfo driver . . . who may end up getting shot by Naija cops cos of N20 bribe.

Shikena.
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by kay9(m): 6:43pm On Aug 23, 2012
dayokanu:
If its about pride...

Simple and short: PRIDE. That's what all this hullabaloo is about.

Amusingly, most of these folks spitting fire and brimstone won't think twice about taking up a drilling rig job where safety is never far from zero, or even an insurance sales job that pays peanuts and your shoes develop ''side alignments'' from chasing clients. But Dangote offers to employ a graduate - a whole graduate!! - as a common driver, na im kasala burst. The fact that the job actually pays better and could have better working conditions than some so-called banking and engineering jobs is entirely lost of these people.

My view of it is simple: Nobody's being forced to apply. If u feel that Dangote is a wicked man for offering such, then kindly offer our beloved Nigerian graduates something better. Otherwise just shut the fcck up.

1 Like

Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by kay9(m): 6:56pm On Aug 23, 2012
AjanleKoko:

The danfo driver. Without a question.
He's surrounded by louts and criminals, paraga and weed all day, and will almost certainly grow into one himself.

The young graduate girl chasing deposits will get propositioned time and again, and may or may not succumb. If she does succumb, that's her business entirely. Even if she ends up not bringing a kobo to the bank, and gets fired as a result, she'll still have saved more money than your danfo driver . . . who may end up getting shot by Naija cops cos of N20 bribe.

Shikena.

Dude, your argument is one-half conjecture, and the remaining half totally flawed. So the deposit-chaser may get fired BUT will still save up enough money?? She'll pull it outta thin air abi?? Meanwhile u're absolutely convinced that our danfo dude will MOST DEFINITELY become an addict and get shot by cops... as in, seriously??

#smh... Its shit like this that makes Sagamite call some people cretins.
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by AjanleKoko: 8:13pm On Aug 23, 2012
kay9:

Dude, your argument is one-half conjecture, and the remaining half totally flawed. So the deposit-chaser may get fired BUT will still save up enough money?? She'll pull it outta thin air abi?? Meanwhile u're absolutely convinced that our danfo dude will MOST DEFINITELY become an addict and get shot by cops... as in, seriously??

#smh... Its shit like this that makes Sagamite call some people cretins.

Chai. In short I am a cretin abi. Okay oh.

Let me educate you.
There are 23 banks. Each of them employ young men, and women, as marketers. They are asked to go chase deposits.
Are you saying all the girls will sleep with someone to collect deposit? How likely is that?

Compared with a guy surrounded by hemp smoking rascals, facing hazards of bad driving and crooked cops every day. Which one do you think is more likely to happen?
In fact I just drove past a danfo bus, upside down in some sort of accident, on my way home. So put two and two together by yourself, and examine your own reasoning very well.
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by Santino1(m): 8:38pm On Aug 23, 2012
kay9:

Simple and short: PRIDE. That's what all this hullabaloo is about.

Amusingly, most of these folks spitting fire and brimstone won't think twice about taking up a drilling rig job where safety is never far from zero, or even an insurance sales job that pays peanuts and your shoes develop ''side alignments'' from chasing clients. But Dangote offers to employ a graduate - a whole graduate!! - as a common driver, na im kasala burst. The fact that the job actually pays better and could have better working conditions than some so-called banking and engineering jobs is entirely lost of these people.

My[b] view of it is simple: Nobody's being forced to apply. If u feel that Dangote is a wicked man for offering such, then kindly offer our beloved Nigerian graduates something better. Otherwise just shut the fcck up.[/b]

That's the highlight of my argument right from the start. It's high time you and Dayokanu stopped wasting your precious time on the issue
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 24, 2012
AjanleKoko i respect you a lot but truth be told this your argument is very shallow. you assume there's no single thing good about driving like the job these young graduates are about to pick up. Can you even drive? Do you have any kind of experience/concrete info about driving? Pls hold your peace on this topic, i cant believe you can even reason like this.

Like dayokanu said:

''its because we have parents and family who still
take care of their graduate siblings. If you have to go make
a living for yourself after college like in most countries. Do
you think we would be having this discussion?''
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by SlyIg(f): 8:58am On Aug 24, 2012
Flyboy Zee: My Brother, graduates driving cabs abroad do it not because they want to build a career in that direction, but to quickly put food on the table and mind you it is unofficial and most of them do it for a short while before getting a better job.

Imagine you studying in University and spending all this years of your life to build a career as a driver. My brother don't let your poverty mentality drive you to eat grass.

If the Herbert Macaulays, The Azikiwes, the Enahoros, the Gowons and so on have reasoned the way you are reasoning now as a young graduate, Nigeria would have still been under colonial rule, because, you won't see anything good in being a graduate than to do jobs illiterates would do very perfectly.

Never ever allow your stomach to think for you. Please, always think with your head, at least there is dignity in doing that. What would you tell your children. That you went to University just to become a truck driver? What a shame. You are a product of your inner mind sha.

if you tell your children that you had a humble beginning as a truck driver after d university until God elevated you to a billionaire that you are, instead of remaining a poor man and telling your children that you refused d Dangote job offer as a truck driver after d uni. Think twice my dear. No condition is permanent. You got to start somewhere and promotion would come.
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by AjanleKoko: 9:17am On Aug 24, 2012
trae_z: AjanleKoko i respect you a lot but truth be told this your argument is very shallow. you assume there's no single thing good about driving like the job these young graduates are about to pick up. Can you even drive? Do you have any kind of experience/concrete info about driving? Pls hold your peace on this topic, i cant believe you can even reason like this.

Like dayokanu said:

''its because we have parents and family who still
take care of their graduate siblings. If you have to go make
a living for yourself after college like in most countries. Do
you think we would be having this discussion?''

Now this is really silly. You're asking if I can drive? Really?

Anyway, I will let that one pass, cos it's really a silly question. Not only can I drive, I have employed drivers.
A private driver who drives me to work and back, is not the same as someone who drives a truck from Lagos to Kano. Have any of you driven your personal car from Lagos to Kano before? I have driven as far as Kaduna. I most certainly do not want to do that ten times a month, driving a Mack Diesel. Not in Nigeria. It will damage your health, to start with, and expose you to a lot of dangers. Why would I want to do that, for a paltry 50k?

I suspect many of you are living abroad, and doing a comparison of truck driving abroad to truck driving in Nigeria. Anyway, this is an Internet forum, and people can write what they like. As for me, I can't advise anybody to take it up, unless they have a particular interest in truck driving as a profession.
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2012
occam: This brouhaha is much ado about nothing for three reasons:

1. It's a personal choice whether to apply; it's not mandated by government. We make decisions all the time based on what is best for us. This is one of them

2. The 2,000 positions are a mere speck in the ocean considering millions of graduates are unemployed. It will not solve the unemployment crisis nor impact the economy.

3. In couple of years, high staff turnover from this position may force a reversal by Dangote group to higher school certificate holders instead. And if it succeeds, well all the best. That's how labour demand and supply works.

The real debate should be how to create gainful employment in Nigeria outside the oil sector, telecom, financial services, civil service, multinationals and large companies (like Dangote)

Which job have u created to criticize someone that produced 2000 jobs. What is the problems in Nigeria, u just want the president to give u everything that you want in your life. There is zero income for 2000 nigerian graduates and then there is now a chance to get 2000 people to earn 50 - 100k monthly. Please grow up.
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by dayokanu(m): 3:46pm On Aug 26, 2012
Ajanlekoko

the thread below would interest you about the dignity of being a marketer in a Nigerian bank

https://www.nairaland.com/1029313/7-access-bank-employees-die-hypertension

chaircover: Very sad indeed.

Last week, I was speaking to a banker and he confided that his salary was just under 50K but he has been told to go and raise 10 billion Naira. He told me stories of mangers making them stand on tables and calling them all sorts of names.
Seriously though, people cant have their cake and eat it and one has to decide what is more important to them; their health and wellbeing or much lesser pay and peace of mind although i find it hard to believe that some bankers are being paid so little in exchange for so much work.
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by blasterman(m): 1:41am On Aug 27, 2012
Na condition cause crayfish yansh 2 bend . Sufferhead dey bring motivation and motivation dey make person do wat he will not normally do. They say half bread is better than none if date the only way 4 u 2 survive nobody will tell u b4 u apply. As they said mike adenuga was a cab driver in Yankee but I'm use his head while driving cab. So u as a graduate should be able to use ur head while driving truck to better things. Na so forward ever backward never ahead ahead and if luck shine on u na billa
Be dat
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by AjanleKoko: 8:25am On Aug 27, 2012
dayokanu: Ajanlekoko

the thread below would interest you about the dignity of being a marketer in a Nigerian bank

https://www.nairaland.com/1029313/7-access-bank-employees-die-hypertension

It's the same thing
But anyway, I've said all I want to say on this topic.
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by Olaone1: 11:51am On Aug 27, 2012
^^Been reliably informed you're the brains behind MTN's win-a-plane promo smiley
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by AjanleKoko: 11:58am On Aug 27, 2012
Ola one: ^^Been reliably informed you're the brains behind MTN's win-a-plane promo smiley

Nah. Don't work for MTN.
But I can take some of the credit, in retrospect wink
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by Olaone1: 12:02pm On Aug 27, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Nah. Don't work for MTN.
But I can take some of the credit, in retrospect wink
ok sir grin
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by onasharon(m): 2:09pm On Aug 27, 2012
Plastic Identity Card Printers Authorized Reseller in Nigeria
Hardey Global Technologies Ltd Surulere Lagos
Tel.0813586674.email.idprintersales@gmail.com
We are Zebra authorized Partner we have a robust most rugged card printer series in stock ranging from dual to single sided card printers.
P120I
P430I
P640I
ZXP SERIES 3
ZXP SERIES 8 And so on
we also have the comsumables in stock such as ribbon,pvc card,printhead,smartcard,magnetic stripe card and so on
for more pls call bayo on 08135586674

-With advanced design and solid reliability, the Zebra P120i makes dual-sided card printing more affordable than ever. Use the P120i to enhance security with clearly identifiable photo IDs or access control cards. Or, build customer loyalty with great-looking membership cards or gift cards. In any application, the compact and easy-to-use P120i is a revolution in versatility and cost-effectiveness. This sleek, lightweight card printer includes features such as Load-N-Go ribbon cartridge with integrated cleaning roller, CardSense single card-feed and more. Printing color or monochrome, one or both sides, the P120i saves businesses time and money.

Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 03, 2012
Amya: 100 thousand Naria per month is a paltry sum compared to the money the present "illiterate" drivers make per month. In the haulage business the hire a trailer for a day for a 7-10 hour trip is not below 300k. The drivers make between 30-50k per trip. In a month that's surely almost or over a million naria.

This is so because of the huge dangers they (the drivers) encounter on our roads.
Dangote being the business man that he is, is trying to cash in on the desperation of our youth by implementing a more regimented structure where drivers are paid salaries and not commissions. All he is doing is to enlarge his pocket even more. He does not care about our unemployed graduates.

Where do u get your laughable information>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by onasharon(m): 9:51am On Sep 18, 2012
IDENTITY CARD PRIINTING SOFTWARE BY ZEBRA
Card Studio Software Versions:

Classic
The Classic edition is an entry-level software version that lets you create and print professional-looking photo IDs and other card designs with an easy-to-use card design template and template designer. Features magnetic encoding capabilities! : N25,000

Standard
Card design with simple database capabilities, additional print functionality and
2D bar codes. Additional features such as an internal database, more card design templates, magnetic encoding support, and ability to import text files are included in the Standard edition: N50,000

Professional
Designed for enterprise applications, the Professional edition provides advanced features that include advanced printing data management, security, encoding capabilities for

different smart card technologies (e.g. MIFARE) and Gen 2 RFID (UHF), security panel, biometric management and more: N120,000

Minimum System Requirements

IBM compatible PC with a Pentium microprocessor with at least 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating system
Disk space: 250 MB with partial clipart or 400 MB with full clipart installed
Mouse or other Windows-compatible pointing device
CD-ROM 8X or greater drive
Internet access required for software license key activation
Printer support via CardStudio Direct-to-Printer (D2P) technology or Zebra card printer Microsoft Windows certified drivers
SALES CALL BAYO ON 08135586674.EMAIL.idprintersales@gmail.com

Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by Joe980: 12:43am On Sep 29, 2012
Any update on this recruitment?
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by ow11(m): 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2012
Our misplaced ego tripping. An Electrical Engrg graduate would rather work in a bank(12hrs a day, 6 days a week) and earn 50K than work as a truck electronics repairman/driver for Dangote trucks for more. OR better still do a 6 month apprenticeship and start life as a refined electrician. I wonder how much they think artisans earn?
Re: Issues In Dangote’s Graduate Drivers Scheme By Jarus by Afam4eva(m): 5:43pm On Nov 16, 2012
osifred: my problem with this scheme per se is not about the perception of how can a graduate will be a truck driver after all we have Nigerians abroad doing menial job some even with their masters degree but the argument for me is why limit it to graduate. those Nigerians doing similar job abroad despite their educational qualification, was a B.Sc or its equivalent the minimum qualification for such job abroad? if you don't see this as a problem because dangote is private and thus can make whatever policy that suit his caprice i hope you will be cool with it when a Chinese business man tow the path of dangote and advertise for cleaner with the minimum requirement as B.Sc holder 2:1 and above.

the true is Dangote could have done better than this but he want to take advantage of the prevailing unemployment rate in the country in the disguise of sanitizing the transport industry, and it is a shame that some of see nothing wrong with it only because it can put food on the table and since nobody was compel to apply thereby undermining personal and national advancement. This to me is not proper utilization of our human resource/capital whether or not it is not a lifetime career path.
You have a point there. But i think Dangote is doing this just to encourage people to go to school. because people may think otherwise after seeing how jobless most graduates are when they graduate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria / Did You Receive A Mail From DCSL/ICPC Recruitment? / Sabificate Vs Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.