Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements (53659 Views)

Buhari Taking Credit For Jonathan’s Achievements, Says Rep. / Buhari Has Already Surpassed Jonathan's Achievements - APC / Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2012
First Naija Presido to be threatened by Mark, Facebook CEO, due to, too much of EPEEEEEE!!!!.... Lol.

1 Like

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by karpentar: 4:30pm On Aug 23, 2012
@Goodman Lunatics.

Your big MUMU GEJ is a massive failure. He is not even qualified to marry patience, because f he does, he would have made her a decent woman that every woman is supposed to be and not a dirty street power grabber

Since Nigeria's independence in 1960 to just few years ago, the Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba ruled this country. They massively looted (and still looting, now with the help of defending NUPENG) this country dry and just few years of Jonathan, you want achievements? Perhaps, you're the lunatics.

1 Like

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by BlackBaron: 4:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
I heard one of his achievement was...'he brought Facebook to Nigeria' embarassed
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by addey(m): 4:35pm On Aug 23, 2012
dedeike: Let me add to this list of achievements. GEJ has really been magical in the past one year in office.

MASSIVE RECONSTRUCTION OF OUR MAJOR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS INCLUDING CAR PARK EXPANSIONS AND DOMESTING WING OF ABUJA AIRPORT
AWARD AND COMMENCEMENT OF CONSTRUCTION OF LAGOS-KANO RAILWAY LINE INCLUDING THE ABUJA -KADUNA LIGHT RAIL WHICH IS NEARING 35% COMPLETION.

REFURBISHMENT OF IHOVBOR,OMOTOSHO, OLORUNSHOGO,SAPELE, GEREGU,EGBEMA, GBARAIN,OMOKU, ALAOJI , ALAOJI POWER STATIONS WHICH HAS LED TO AN ALL TIME HIGH GENERATION OF 4237 MEGAWATTS.

SIGINIFICANTLY, POWER HAS IMPROVED IN NIGERIA AND THE FG IS TARGETING 9000 MEGAWATTS BY DECEMBER WHEN MAMBILLA AND ZUNGERU COME ON STREAM

MASSIVE ENERGY REFORMS WITH THE FORMULATION OF A NEW COMPREHENSIVE PIB, ONGOING REFHABILITATION OF REFINERIES, REFURBISHMENT AND REOPENING OF NNPC DEPOTS WHICH HAS BEEN CLOSED FOR A DECADE, MASSIVE AND REGULAR SHAKE UP OF NNPC AND PPPRA, PROBE AND EXPOSURE OF THE OIL CABAL THAT HAVE HELD NIGERIAN PETROLUEM SECTOR HOSTAGE FOR YEARS, PLANS TO DEREGULATE AND UNBUNDLE NNPC, PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP DEALS WITH VULCAN ENERGY FOR THE BUILDING OF 6 NEW REFINERIES.

ONGOING PRIVATISATION OF PHCN, RECONCESSIONING OF AIRPORT MANAGEMENT FROM UNDERPERFORMING MAEVIS,

FIRST EVER PROSECUTION OF OIL THIEVES IN NIGERIA INCLUDING SONS OF PDP LEADERS.

MASSIVE PORT REFORMS AND SANITISATISATION WHICH HAS EASED OPERATIONS AND RECUCED THE NUMBER OF DAYS FOR CLEARING OF GOODS IN THE PORTS. HE HAS EVEN BUILT A DEDICATED BRIDGE LINKING LIVERPOOL ROUNDABOUT INTO TIN CAN

ESTABLISHMENT OF NINE NEW FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES AND INCREASE OF EDUCATION FUNDING TO AN ALL TIME HIGH OF 400 BILLION. PLUS THE UPGRADE OF RETIREMENT AGE OF LECTURERS FROM 65 to 70.

GEJ HAS ALSO SETTLED ALL OUTSTANDING ISSUES WITH ASUU HENCE THE NEAR ABSENCE OF STRIKES.
LAUNCHING OF THE ALMAJIRI SCHOOL SYSTEM WITH THE FIRST STATE OF THE ART SCHOOL FACILITY IN SOKOTO FOR ITENERANT MUSLIM PUPILS IN THE NORTH.

ALL THIS POLITICAL TUGS
LET'S WAIT AND SEE IF HE CAN GET 30% OF THE VOTE HE GOT IN 2011.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by mkmyers45(m): 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2012
ndu_chucks: I don't see the wisdom of itemizing, what should otherwise be, the regular job of the President, as major achievements. Major achievements should be acts which go beyond the call of duty and which are performed with great distinction.

Sir, to date, this President is worse than a mediocre President. I'm afraid he is too dumb to rule Nigeria successfully - I hope I am wrong.

I have no choice than to fully agree with ndu...this are acts that are expected and not something major and as duly pointed out earlier in the thread he has failed to fulfill his promises....I am disappointed that people are hailing common stuff as achievements...I fail to see any real achievements as he is just trying to keep his promises and till now he is failing..
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by doctokwus: 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2012
He is d first ever president not to "give a damn" about anything.The first to appoint a defacto prime minister in d person of NOI,d first to cancel d annual independence celebration,d first whose wife is also a permanent secretary in a state civil service(without performing d functions of d office),d first to surround himself wt fraudsters,d latest being his spokesperson on public affairs;not forgetting he is d first pres to bring all mighty facebook to nigeria.He is no doubt an achiever!

2 Likes

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Tunjman(m): 4:43pm On Aug 23, 2012
My Oga who is even a chieftain in the Niger/Delta, a special advicer to the incumbent governor of Bayelsa and GEJ kinsman admits he is too slow to lead the country.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by maclatunji: 4:46pm On Aug 23, 2012
doctokwus: He is d first ever president not to "give a damn" about anything.The first to appoint a defacto prime minister in d person of NOI,d first to cancel d annual independence celebration,d first whose wife is also a permanent secretary in a state civil service(without performing d functions of d office),d first to surround himself wt fraudsters,d latest being his spokesperson on public affairs;not forgetting he is d first pres to bring all mighty facebook to nigeria.He is no doubt an achiever!

LOL
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 23, 2012
Jealousy jealousy jealousy jealousy. If you were made president and given the same opportunities and CHALLENGES, will you be better?
Of course i know you na - even you DNA re fake
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by takedat(m): 4:47pm On Aug 23, 2012
GEJ's high point is only power supply increase(hope it doesnt decrease),everyother thing na zero.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by bigtt76(f): 4:48pm On Aug 23, 2012
Nice one! Let me help add the ones I can think of too

32. First Nigeria President (Civil or Military) to be so insulted and called a 'Retardeen
33. First Nigeria President (Civil or Military) to have his Wife appointed as Permanent Secretary
34. First Nigeria President (Civil or Military) to allocate One BILLION Naira as feeding allowance!
35. First Nigeria President (Civil or Military) to be SHOELESS when young and CLUELESS when old
36. First Nigeria President (Civil or Military) to have corrupt politicians identified but yet not jailed!

4 Likes

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 23, 2012
Demdem: These arent acheivements at all nau
I just wonder how much the poster was paid to write this nonsense! The 40 man lappy boys can't stop amazing me.just wait till the raining season is over then we will know if the megawatts won't drop!

1 Like

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Takara: 4:50pm On Aug 23, 2012
Please what is Jonathan's score on the issue of fighting corruption

1 Like

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Tonitelli: 4:56pm On Aug 23, 2012
I have nothing against GEJ,before I get attacked by the 40 laptop bandits.....but those of you talking abt power improvement,don't you think we should wait till the dry season before listing it as an achievementabi..how many times have we seen such improvement during the raining season when there's greater volume of water at the dams..only to hear stories when the dry season sets in??
My one kobo's worth....
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by manny4life(m): 4:56pm On Aug 23, 2012
All these crap are nothing but bigotry to the highest order, even the @OP knows it.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by jigawatts(m): 4:57pm On Aug 23, 2012
GenBuhari: Below is listed GEJ Achievements:

Can if you can see the achievements please let me know angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by jigawatts(m): 5:00pm On Aug 23, 2012
BlackBaron: I heard one of his achievement was...'he brought Facebook to Nigeria' embarassed

According to Labaran Maku (Info Minister) cry
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 23, 2012
maclatunji: Just the Achievements Here:

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has been recording unique achievements.

1. President Goodluck Jonathan became the first Nigerian President to be WARNED PUBLICLY not to contest for elections on account of ethno-regional selfish interest, AND PROMISED MAYHEM and GRIDLOCK if he does.AND HOW IS THIS AN ACHIEVEMENT?

2. First President to experience over 50 UNWARRANTED, UNPRECEDENTED BOMBINGS of CHURCHES, PRIMARY SCHOOLS, UNIVERSITY CAMPUSES, DRINKING PARLOURS, MATCH VIEWING CENTERS in less than 365 days after his swearing-in.TALK OF GOWON AND A CIVIL WAR

3. First President/Head of State from the ENTIRE SOUTHERN NIGERIA, who is neither a NORTHERNER nor an EX-MILITARY man SHONEKAN - AZIKIWE
[/color]
4. First SOCIAL MEDIA ERA President/ Head of State THIS IS JONATHAN'S ACHIEVEMENT

5. First President/ Head of State to experience the malicious death of INNOCENT, HARMLESS, UNARMED Youth Corpers serving their fatherland.SEE YOUR NUMBER 2

6. First President/ Head of State to evacuate Nigerians from trouble spots overseas by airlifting thousands of stranded citizens back home.WHERE WERE YOU WHEN OBJ DID THAT IN LIBYA ABACHA IN SIERRA LEONE IBB IN LIBERIA

7. First President/ Head of State under whose tenure, MULTI PARTY DEMOCRACY blossomed most: 6 different political parties have governors in Nigeria: LP, ACN, PDP, APGA, ANPP, CPC (Please note: all court orders overturned in favour of opposition parties were all obeyed: Osun, Ekiti, etc) WHATEVER HAPPENED TO YAR ADUA

8. First President/ Head of State to sign into law the FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT SIGNING IS ONE THING,ADHERING IS ANOTHER THING

9. First President/ Head of State to EFFECTIVELY outlaw toll-collecting illegal police checkpoints in Nigeria WAKE UP FROM YOUR SLUMBER,OBJ & YAR ADUA DID SIMILAR GESTURES

10. First President/ Head of State to introduce a national tax policy to create a self-sufficient economy that could bring development to the people. AND NIGERIANS WERE NOT TAXED BEFORE

11. First president to pay attention to our International and local Airports - Kano airport upgraded after 57 years, other airports upgrades in progress.HE UPGRADED WHAT OF THOSE THAT BUILT?

12. Kaduna Refinery rehabilitated after 15 years GREAT,AT WHAT CAPACITY IS IT WORKING?

13. The first President to summon the courage to unbundle Electricity distribution after 52 years, power supply more than doubled after almost 100 years after amalgamation (met power supply at about 2,200 mw, now 4,237 mw) States Begin Electricity Distribution SOMETHING INITIATED BY OBJ,CONTINUED BY YAR ADUA AND . . .

14. First President to address the bad state of the Benin-Ore road which was rehabilitated after 20 years.THEN THE ONE WHO BUILT THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE SHOULD BE WORSHIPPED
15. First president to rejuvenate our comatose Railways back to life after 20 years of lull in the sector, Colonial laws under review, States and Private investors welcome in the railways sector.TILL I ENTER THAT TRAIN

16. First to introduce 35% female appointments in government positions.YEAH RIGHT,LIKE DIEZANI,PATIENCE ETC

17. First in decades to reduce salaries of public servants and examine the proliferation of different salary structures in the public service in the federation.AND REDUCTION OF SALARY IS NOW AN ACHIEVEMENT BETWEEN,I THOUGHT OBJ STARTED THE RESTRUCTURING OF THE CIVIL SERVICE

18. First to deliver on Nine New Varsities, to accommodate, the growing number of admission candidates/population AND WHO WERE THOSE THAT BUILT THE OTHER UNIVERSITIES??

19. First to promise Almajiri school, promise kept GO BACK AND READ WHEN NOMADIC EDUCATION STARTED IN NIGERIA

20. First to follow due process/rule of law in government conduct YAR ADUA WILL SPIN IN HIS GRAVE

21. First president to be thought of, by the average Nigerian, as his/her COUNCILLOR, LGA CHAIRMAN, ASSEMBLYMAN, GOVERNOR, REP OR SENATOR and CHIEF JUSTICE in one fell swoop, not minding the fact that everyone has his/her job cut out in a democracy as this is not a MILITARY DICTATORSHIP- that the buck does not stop at his desk in matters involving states, LGAs and the Judiciary or Legislature; that their jobs are complementary and they are allocated funds every month from FAAC, not to 'chop', but to work! WAKE UP!! NIGERIANS ALWAYS LOOK AT HEADS OF GOVT AS EVERYTHING

22.PIB

23.FIGHTING FOR FREE AND FAIR ELECTIONS EG THE BAYELSA EPISODE

24.PROSECUTION OF FUEL SUBSIDY THIEVES WHO SPONSORED HIS ELECTION, BETWEEN WHO HAS BEEN PROSECUTED??

25.FIGHT AGAINST BRIBERY AND CORRUPTION lipsrsealed

26.FIRST FEMALE CHIEF JUSTICE OF NIGERIA IT IS BASED ON SENIORITY AND NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PRESIDENT

27.SUSTENANCE OF AMNESTY PROGRAMME YAR ADUA IS REALLY SPINNING

28.PERMANENTLY FLOW OF PETROLUEM PRODUCTS EVER IN NIGERIA ARE YOU IN ABUJA RIGHT NOW?

29.INCREASE OF OUR DAILY OIL PRODUCTION OUTPUT TO THE HIGEST EVER DUE TO THE AMNESTY PROGRAMME INITIATED BY YAR ADUA

30.PROMISE TO REVIEW IMMUNITY LAWS PROMISE

31.ENTRY OF IMPORTED GOODS INTO NIGERIA IN 48 HOURS lipsrsealed

SO MANY GREAT AND RESPONSIVE GOVERNMENT STRIDES ACHIEVED ON A DAILY BASIS

BROS YOU NO GET ANYTHING TO YARN

5 Likes

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by omoredia: 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2012
What abt the increment of corpers allowances which could have been more if not for the wicked law makers we have. Pls let's say the truth this president is really tryin jst that some people have made it a life long duty to fustrate him for ethnic and religious reasons. The northerns say that it poverty and joblessness that cause the problems seen in the north then I ask myself, has the north been marginalised in anyway? For God sake northernes have been at the head of affairs in Nigeria even more than all ethnic groups combined having a huge share in policies that have made this country as bad as it is for everyone so who should northerners be blaming? There very own leaders caused the problem. GEJ is on a rescue mission and every right thinking person has agreed that a positive change won't happen over night but he prove us wrong. By wednesday next week I will celebrate 1 full month of steady power supply in my area if Jesus has told me it will be so I might find it hard to believe. Then I asked myself what has been wrong all along? And I immidiatly got a resounding answer, 'people jst decided to do evil things' pls let's support our president let's wish him well! Long live GEJ, long live Nigeria! bu

1 Like

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by touchmehard: 5:08pm On Aug 23, 2012
Walahi I don't know why Nigerians are hardened haters and always turning a blind eye when positive things are starring dem in d face. So now, instead of acknowledging that GEJ tried is improving d power sector, they are eagerly waiting for the dry season to come so that they may prove him wrong.
Don't worry! Dry season will come and u will still see improved power supply, even better than it was during d rainy season.
By then, you people will still shamefully say "it's because of dry season, let's wait till rainy season to be sure the power will last". Na so una go just dey deceive una self, dey wait for dry season, from dry season to rainy season. "airoplane turner, turn turn turner"
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Captain2012(m): 5:09pm On Aug 23, 2012
The first president to give his people a gift on the 1st day of a new year.(REMOVAL OF FUEL SUBSIDY)

2 Likes

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by SisiKill1: 5:09pm On Aug 23, 2012
djmally: Jealousy jealousy jealousy jealousy. If you were made president and given the same opportunities and CHALLENGES, will you be better?
Of course i know you na - even you DNA re fake

Hiya, please I want to have a normal discourse with you. . .no mudslinging, no name calling, just a one on one convo between two mature adults.

Can you please tell me what exactly people are supposed to be jealous of. A short list. . .2 or 3 points is fine. I just want. . .need to understand.

Thanks in advance.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:10pm On Aug 23, 2012
bigtt76: Nice one! Let me help add the ones I can think of too

32. First Nigeria President (Civil or Military) to be so insulted and called a 'Retardeen
33. First Nigeria President (Civil or Military) to have his Wife appointed as Permanent Secretary
34. First Nigeria President (Civil or Military) to allocate One BILLION Naira as feeding allowance!
35. First Nigeria President (Civil or Military) to be SHOELESS when young and CLUELESS when old
36. First Nigeria President (Civil or Military) to have corrupt politicians identified but yet not jailed!

LMBFAO! grin grin grin
Let me add one more
37: First Nigeria President (Civil or Military)to bring FACEBOOK to Nigeria
38: First Nigeria President (Civil or Military)to have his comments published into a Nigerian Bestseller

3 Likes

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by AjanleKoko: 5:23pm On Aug 23, 2012
These GEJ fans should stop all this stroking abeg.
We want to see results, stop stroking people! angry

1 Like

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by maigaskiya1: 5:24pm On Aug 23, 2012
ndu_chucks: I don't see the wisdom of itemizing, what should otherwise be, the regular job of the President, as major achievements. Major achievements should be acts which go beyond the call of duty and which are performed with great distinction.

Sir, to date, this President is worse than a mediocre President. I'm afraid he is too dumb to rule Nigeria successfully - I hope I am wrong.
ure blatantly wrong dnt let ur unwarantd hatrd 4 gej lose ur senses.dia re tins in dose items dat is worth comendng.every leadr must nt be as tough nd crockd lyk obj,muderos just to please u lyk abacha.haba say d truth 4 once
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Lordave: 5:24pm On Aug 23, 2012
as far as I am concern CASSAVA BREAD is his greatest achievement. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by digospel2: 5:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
Despite the opposition and resistance of the northern oligarchy.GEJ dey kakpe by the grace of God. God will disgrace all his enemies especially the founders and sponsors of boko haram, in Jesus name. GEJ carry go until naija is fully transformed by fire by force.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by tmontee: 5:29pm On Aug 23, 2012
Isn't it so sad how bad things have become? We now sacrifice excellence on the altar of mediocrity. Its such a shame that one can honestly call these things achievements. Its laughable indeed.

1 Like

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by tunnytox(m): 5:35pm On Aug 23, 2012
GEJ is the first president to bring Facebook to Nigeria, Jona we hail you o grin grin

1 Like

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by antsut(m): 5:35pm On Aug 23, 2012
GenBuhari: Below is listed GEJ Achievements:

Can if you can see the achievements please let me know angry
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Pataki: 5:39pm On Aug 23, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

LMBFAO! grin grin grin
Let me add one more
37: First Nigeria President (Civil or Military)to bring FACEBOOK to Nigeria
38: First Nigeria President (Civil or Military)to have his comments published into a Nigerian Bestseller

Let me add more: grin grin grin

39: First Nigeria retardycious President (Civil or Military) to debate with himself during an election in Nigeria.
40: First Nigeria retardycious President (Civil or Military) to tell Nigerians to live with bombing.
41: First Nigeria retardycious President (Civil or Military) to call Boko Haram his brother and sister.
42: First Nigeria retardycious President (Civil or Military) to defend MEND publicly.

Please feel free to add more.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations / "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege / Chude Has Been Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.