Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements (53658 Views)

Buhari Taking Credit For Jonathan’s Achievements, Says Rep. / Buhari Has Already Surpassed Jonathan's Achievements - APC / Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by dedeike: 10:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
LoveKing:
sorry for quoting your long post but you were not so intelligent to see the sarcasm in the OP. See yourself as the opposition then you'll understand. Moreover the piece is from ipaidabribe.com, maybe you dont know who they are and what they stand for.
My broda, I don't know ooo. Just educate me on who they are. I just gave an honest opinion and it behoves on you to counter the facts I gave.
I don't care about whether the Op was sarcastic or not. All I know is that I responded with facts of genuine achievements of Gej in one year. And I await your response on the facts raised
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Mallamabdul: 10:09pm On Aug 23, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Where are people getting these numbers from? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Abeg, If i exaggerated a bit on the megawatts generated, so make you please tell us the actual figures? cheesy grin
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 23, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Pulls Djmally close and whispers

It's. . .C.A.P.I.S.C.E - CAPISCE

Pronounced CAH-PEESH!

thats so sweet. You see? For the first time in a long time you actually became useful to humanity. This country is really getting better

1 Like

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Tonitelli: 10:28pm On Aug 23, 2012
Billyonaire: Which Nigerian money and what is Okupes ?
Bros..no dey form like say u no know una newest striker for this season.....dat na wash...!!!
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Tonitelli: 10:31pm On Aug 23, 2012
Mallamabdul:
Abeg, If i exaggerated a bit on the megawatts generated, so make you please tell us the actual figures? cheesy grin
Bros...she wants to know where u got ur figures from....just tell her...abi
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by taharqa: 10:32pm On Aug 23, 2012
ndu_chucks: I don't see the wisdom of itemizing, what should otherwise be, the regular job of the President, as major achievements. Major achievements should be acts which go beyond the call of duty and which are performed with great distinction.

Sir, to date, this President is worse than a mediocre President. I'm afraid he is too dumb to rule Nigeria successfully - I hope I am wrong.

"Major" achievements you said.

Do you have any idea of the extent of

meticulous work been done in the

Power Sector not just in the marked

improvements in Generation,

Transmission and Distribution but

esp in the Privatization and

concessioning of the sector? Are you

aware of the effects the reforms,

which is currently in its concluding

stage(Sept/Oct this year), would

have on the nation? This admin is

midwifery the greatest

transformation in the Power Sector

in this country's history.
http://sweetcrudereports.com/2012/04/25/gas-to-power-500mmcfd-of-gas-to-be-delivered-to-nipp-soon/
https://www.nairaland.com/1004060/something-wrong-power-improving/13#11639505

The nation is also undergoing its most

audacious developments in the

Transportation Sector- Rails, Inland

Waterways and Seaports. On rails,

the NRC that have been moribund for

very many years have been revived,

more workers re-engaged and most of

its dilapidated facilities across

the nation repaired; all the rail

tracks in the country are been

rehabilitated(actually most of the

tracks have been rehabilitated

already and some intra- and

interstate trains services have

started running after a very long time

in deed). The Standard Guage

Itakpe-Aladja-Warri rail track is

finally completed(with additions

planned) while the Modern Abuja-

Kaduna track is on going(about 30%

completion) just as the Double track

Lagos-Ibadan Modern(which is

different from the narrow guage

Lagos-Ibadan which is already

running trains) has been awarded

about 3 months ago.
http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/31659/2012/08/04/rail_rehabilitation_are_we_waiting_godot.html
file:///C:/Users/odia/Desktop/New%20folder/Newfolder/Nigeria-Federal+Government+Raise+Power+Output+9+000MW.htm

On Inland Waterways, the dredging of

the Lower Niger which links 9 states

on its axis and provide south-north

all year round navigation which

would ensure the cheap movements of

huge amounts of goods and humans,

has been completed with some

accompanying River Ports for the

first time in the country's history;

the dredging of River Benue has also

commenced.
http://www.shipsandports.org/detaildiscource.php?id=5
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=87591:river-niger-now-a-beehive-of-commercial-activities&catid=81:maritime-watch&Itemid=591

The Seaports now work 24/7,

bureaucracy reduced and the amount of

time goods spend in the ports has

been halfed already(though not yet

up to the 48hrs target) while

Demorage costs have significantly

decreased(when was the last time you

heard of goods staying months on the

seas cos terrible congestions in the

pots and paying huge demorage).

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/stakeholders-count-gains-of-agencies-reduction-in-ports/115563/

Do you have any idea of the effects of

all theses on the economy going

forward especially as they are been

interconnected?(works on Roads need

to be accelerated though).

The most massive rehabilitation and

remodeling of airports across the

nation with about 11 of them is

ongoing; Kano International Airport

is for instance nearing completion.
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-puts-basa-fund-at-n11-54bn/

Do you have any idea what kind of

work is going on in the Agriculture

Sector?
http://www.newworldnigeria.com/pdf/AdesinaLondonBOIForumfinal.pdf

....As a Nigerian am sick and tired of these lies that some of you guys are peddling about the president not doing anything. You and others who feel otherwise should not be COWARDS and respond to these claims here . I am earnestly waiting for such responses. Now Good luck with that

1 Like

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 23, 2012
taharqa:

midwifery the greatest

file:///C:/Users/odia/Desktop/New%20folder/Newfolder/Nigeria-Gas%20to%20Power%20%20Nigerian%20Govt%20to%20deliver%20500mmcf_d%20of%20Gas%20to%20NIPP%20soon%20_%20Biztellers.htm

about 3 months ago.
file:///C:/Users/odia/Desktop/New%20folder/Newfolder/Nigeria-rail_rehabilitation_are_we_waiting_godot%20Aug%2005%202012.html
file:///C:/Users/odia/Desktop/New%20folder/Newfolder/Nigeria-Federal+Government+Raise+Power+Output+9+000MW.htm

commenced.
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=87591:river-niger-now-a-beehive-of-commercial-activities&catid=81:maritime-watch&Itemid=591

pots and paying huge demorage). Do

you have any idea of the effects of

Sector?http://www.newworldnigeria.com/pdf/AdesinaLondonBOIForumfinal.pdf

....As a Nigerian am sick and tired of these lies that some of you guys are peddling about the president not doing anything. You and others who feel otherwise should be COWARDS and respond to these claims here . I am earnestly waiting for such responses. Good luck with that

I'd be surprised if the responses, assuming they come at all, would be anything more than soundbites and insults.

1 Like

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by sessydoo(m): 11:06pm On Aug 23, 2012
Mallamabdul:

Its easy to criticise but facts dont lie. GEJ has generated over 4,770 megawatts since he came in as against the less than 2600 he met on ground. He Is targeting 9000 MW and this is realizable given the ongoing construction of mambilla and Zungeru. He also intends to privatise PHCN for more efficiency.

Our Foriegn reserves have not depleted as you erroneously tried to portray in your post. Rather it has increased from 32 to 36 billion in April 2012.
The money in our excess crude account has not also been wasted. The GEJ govt seeks to put an end to this culture of waste by creating the Soverign Wealth Fund which shall be a legal account for savings for the rainy days.

Its also funny that you don't know about the ongoing prosecution of oil thieves. How ridiculous? Do you watch TV at all?

Bros u dey make me laff in swazeee. anyway im sure u would hav read enuf comments from nairalanders. We are no longer morons. we know the messiah when we see one. GEJ doesnt need to be wasting tax payers money on media publicity, its trash. all the anti corruption campaign na fluke. You are talking about electricity, common sense tells us that water level increases during raining season, thus reasonable stability in electricity. Lets see if this is sustainable esp during d dry season. We are still talking about this poverty mentality, when we get crumbs from govt they will start shouting as if its not our right. And as per d ongoin prosecution, what i said was, nothing reasonable would come out of it. Na today we dey see diff probes, noise, committee?? if GEJ can successfully prosecute them and bring them to book with severe punishment, maybe he can win my heart. But im sure the noise will die down with time, they all belong to the same thieving group. the succesive govt right from d 1st republic have plunderd n looted our wealth for their personal aggradisement. God is watching ooooo.....no be today oo my brother. we don wise up. lets wait and see as events unfold. Even Abati no fit sell GEJ, na you wan sell am to us. Im patiently waiting to see a better naija
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by 1025: 11:16pm On Aug 23, 2012
president jonathan is the first president to use madmen as press secretaries talking about ppl like this poster.
how possible is it for a normal person to make up all these beautiful nonsense stories. such a long waste of time. thank goodness i don't have time to read this kind of long thrash.
what many nigerians call free and fair elections consumed more lives than all the elections in the history of nigeria put together.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Kobojunkie: 11:18pm On Aug 23, 2012
Mallamabdul:

You call that a bit of an exaggeration? None of the figures I have been able to mine gives me any number close to what you have. Also, I know we have not solved transmission issues since Jonathan took office so how do we supply more than what we currently produce, or have active capacity for? That was the next question I was ready to send your way.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 23, 2012
And how has all these affected the price of garri and ogogoro in the market
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by taharqa: 11:28pm On Aug 23, 2012
Almost an hour, am still wanting for responds to my thread. abi una nova see am??

KOBOJUNKIE, NDU-CHUKS, MACTUNJI, DEMDEM< SISI_KILL etc etc

This is the post again:

https://www.nairaland.com/1025483/new-list-president-goodluck-jonathans-achievements/5#11915524

Please dont be COWARDS, lets debate.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by lordriko: 11:31pm On Aug 23, 2012
I can't imagine someone come on nairaland listing out GEJ's achievements, am not pro or con but stands for the true reality. my question is what are the responsibilities and obligations of the president? As a father and the head of a family I understands my own responsibilities and obligations in my own little way. I call this sponsored, cheap campaign and electioneering. Mr president has tried in his own little way but you don't call that achievements. Now let me bring you this to your knowledge: I access the economy based on the amount I give to my wife and what she put on the table,I buy the water I drink, I buy fuel for my gen on a daily basis,in a growing economy it shouldn't be so. Our GDP is out on point. Our depth rate is becoming alarming. The so call subsidy cabals are on top of the economy, the political will to tackle insecurity is zero, our education standard is falling day by day. A trip round our neighbouring countries you will appreciate leadership at work. The question remains what are the responsibilities and obligations of mr president? Stop listing on letters let his works speaks for him action speaks louder than voice.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Kobojunkie: 11:40pm On Aug 23, 2012
wa pe n be!

***hisses***
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by franchizy(m): 11:58pm On Aug 23, 2012
To be plank, GEJ ve achive plenty lots of tins 4 Nigeria, let us told d truth instead spoking evils about him. GEJ is d best president we don eva get for in dis Nigeria
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by maclatunji: 11:59pm On Aug 23, 2012
taharqa: Almost an hour, am still wanting for responds to my thread. abi una nova see am??

KOBOJUNKIE, NDU-CHUKS, MACTUNJI, DEMDEM< SISI_KILL etc etc

This is the post again:

https://www.nairaland.com/1025483/new-list-president-goodluck-jonathans-achievements/5#11915524

Please dont be COWARDS, lets debate.

I know many people want me to pander to their every wish but I am only one man and have to go to sleep now. Enjoy this thread for now. There are so many points you can address here.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by delvinmaya(m): 12:05am On Aug 24, 2012
I no fit laff again. Some posts on nairaland kinda ve that effect on me. For me,i got to shout out to three posters in this thread,@ taharqa(men,i loved your write-up and could not help but agree more,i have never seen a write-up more concise and pretty. @ihedinobi,you too much. You both took words outta ma mouth,thanks so much,and @taharqa,they won't respond,they suffer from a pathological urge to always criticize,whereas they are no better. @sessydool,respect your view but i don't agree with you in certain aspects. @kobojunkie,if you can,get a copy of the nation newspaper,dated july 17,2012, page 22,and read the article by Gen Bakut(rtd). It aint much but you can actually get an idea on the state of things in the power sector
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Elueme: 12:08am On Aug 24, 2012
This thread has entered d 5th page and still counting..been an interesting read.. On d subject of discuss,I ll comment in comparative with the past leaders of the country and the level of structural and socio decadence prior to his ascention as well how advanced the country is.. The president in 16 months in office has set the ball rolling for the rebirth of a new nigeria, where conservatism and stereotypism( bus.as usual thing) is fast becoming a thing of d past.. This he's achieving by groundbreaking policies and frameworks most of which have been apt. This no leader except obj who attempted has done. The power sector reform is the 1st to yield visible results cos d initiative was given a serious reinvogoration by GEJ.. Others in public service reforms have saved d country billions from recurrent exp budget, Agric reforms being initiated if we fully comply will lead d country 2 an alternative economic heave and not only wil it create much employment for our rural populace but also help bridge d rural urban wealth distribution gap. The achievement in d transp sector were raised by someone earlier wch nobody has disputed cos facts speak 4 self.. For road rehabilitation, I just left lag dis evening and I sw d oshodi apapa concessioning wrk, saw d 3rd mainland bridge nd was also opportuned 2 plight d Benin Ore axis nd can tell works are seriously going on.. This gives credence 2 d other roads claims as published by thisday newspapers in May.. Are we denying the cleansing cum revelation of d oil sector? How abt d PIB as proposed? Isn't that loudable? In aviation, under dis admin did we meet d international standard on airways safety.. As I type d Kano airport rehabilitation is complete and works seriously ongoing in all other major airports.. No govt has had it this good.. How abt education where we now have an all time highest budgetary allocation in history, reasonable demands by ASUU has been meant, 9 fed varsities have been established and monies for kick off released.. Has any govt achieved dis feat? How about d ministry of Youth with d U win initiative and nysc reforms to encourage performance? Has any govt tot of such iniatives b4? These are just but a few but the point am driving @ is, the citizens need more but he who is faithful in a little ll be faithful in bountifulness.. Comparatively he remains d best 2 have ruled but may not be d best the country ll ever have.. Considering the country he inherited in May last year nd where it is now, the man has performed beyond expectations even in d faces of daunting voluntary political distabilisation as orchestrated by foes( d opposition party) nd friends alike cos of regional and religious bigotry.To even focus in d midst of these challenges is y the president shd be scored high.. It will take principle and dogged vision to stand as a president in a country like dis @ a time like dis.. People call Yar Adua, but may I ask what he did outside the rule of law which he entrenched? Amnesty was a success cos of GEJ.. He brokered truce by going 2 d creeks as VP then.. In what way has GEJ broken d rule of law? He strenghtened it 4der by signing FOI.. You may not like his person but don't ignore his msgs and commend him in tamdem with his works y we hope 4 more.. Abachas toughness didn't mk nigeria greater.. Violence attacks may not end BH.. The man is on course nd Nigeria is working again.

1 Like

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Peruseman(m): 12:10am On Aug 24, 2012
the listing shows how backward, you all want nigeria to be. Flee from ethnicity and religious. His work ought to speak for him. Education, science, health,agric, power, fight against corruption,clean water, job, good road, human development index,security improvement should speak for him. Rate all this..

1 Like

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Mallamabdul: 12:14am On Aug 24, 2012
Kobojunkie:

You call that a bit of an exaggeration? None of the figures I have been able to mine gives me any number close to what you have. Also, I know we have not solved transmission issues since Jonathan took office so how do we supply more than what we currently produce, or have active capacity for? That was the next question I was ready to send your way.
You have a morbid fear for truth. I believe that you are a staunch ACN liar and hater of Jonathan so I will use an ACN newspaper to prove you wrong.
Please review this link.
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/business/57661-electricity-generation-hits-record-4477mw.html
Jonathan's govt has generated 3,477 megawatts of electricity. It's a record in Nigeria's history.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by delvinmaya(m): 12:16am On Aug 24, 2012
Elueme: This thread has entered d 5th page and still counting..been an interesting read.. On d subject of discuss,I ll comment in comparative with the past leaders of the country and the level of structural and socio decadence prior to his ascention as well how advanced the country is.. The president in 16 months in office has set the ball rolling for the rebirth of a new nigeria, where conservatism and stereotypism( bus.as usual thing) is fast becoming a thing of d past.. This he's achieving by groundbreaking policies and frameworks most of which have been apt. This no leader except obj who attempted has done. The power sector reform is the 1st to yield visible results cos d initiative was given a serious reinvogoration by GEJ.. Others in public service reforms have saved d country billions from recurrent exp budget, Agric reforms being initiated if we fully comply will lead d country 2 an alternative economic heave and not only wil it create much employment for our rural populace but also help bridge d rural urban wealth distribution gap. The achievement in d transp sector were raised by someone earlier wch nobody has disputed cos facts speak 4 self.. For road rehabilitation, I just left lag dis evening and I sw d oshodi apapa concessioning wrk, saw d 3rd mainland bridge nd was also opportuned 2 plight d Benin Ore axis nd can tell works are seriously going on.. This gives credence 2 d other roads claims as published by thisday newspapers in May.. Are we denying the cleansing cum revelation of d oil sector? How abt d PIB as proposed? Isn't that loudable? In aviation, under dis admin did we meet d international standard on airways safety.. As I type d Kano airport rehabilitation is complete and works seriously ongoing in all other major airports.. No govt has had it this good.. How abt education where we now have an all time highest budgetary allocation in history, reasonable demands by ASUU has been meant, 9 fed varsities have been established and monies for kick off released.. Has any govt achieved dis feat? How about d ministry of Youth with d U win initiative and nysc reforms to encourage performance? Has any govt tot of such iniatives b4? These are just but a few but the point am driving @ is, the citizens need more but he who is faithful in a little ll be faithful in bountifulness.. Comparatively he remains d best 2 have ruled but may not be d best the country ll ever have.. Considering the country he inherited in May last year nd where it is now, the man has performed beyond expectations even in d faces of daunting voluntary political distabilisation as orchestrated by foes( d opposition party) nd friends alike cos of regional and religious bigotry.To even focus in d midst of these challenges is y the president shd be scored high.. It will take principle and dogged vision to stand as a president in a country like dis @ a time like dis.. People call Yar Adua, but may I ask what he did outside the rule of law which he entrenched? Amnesty was a success cos of GEJ.. He brokered truce by going 2 d creeks as VP then.. In what way has GEJ broken d rule of law? He strenghtened it 4der by signing FOI.. You may not like his person but don't ignore his msgs and commend him in tamdem with his works y we hope 4 more.. Abachas toughness didn't mk nigeria greater.. Violence attacks may not end BH.. The man is on course nd Nigeria is working again.

guy,you too much. And Nigeria will work above our imagination. Make dem siddon day vex,the change is here and you would do yourselves good by accepting this,least you are left behind.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by danjohn: 12:34am On Aug 24, 2012
taharqa:

midwifery the greatest

http://sweetcrudereports.com/2012/04/25/gas-to-power-500mmcfd-of-gas-to-be-delivered-to-nipp-soon/

about 3 months ago.
http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/31659/2012/08/04/rail_rehabilitation_are_we_waiting_godot.html

commenced.

pots and paying huge demorage).

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/stakeholders-count-gains-of-agencies-reduction-in-ports/115563/

Do you have any idea of the effects of

Sector?
http://www.newworldnigeria.com/pdf/AdesinaLondonBOIForumfinal.pdf

....As a Nigerian am sick and tired of these lies that some of you guys are peddling about the president not doing anything. You and others who feel otherwise should not be COWARDS and respond to these claims here . I am earnestly waiting for such responses. Now Good luck with that

The 40 laptops arrived in full combat gear. LOL!!!!
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by taharqa: 12:56am On Aug 24, 2012
lordriko: I can't imagine someone come on nairaland listing out GEJ's achievements, am not pro or con but stands for the true reality. my question is what are the responsibilities and obligations of the president? As a father and the head of a family I understands my own responsibilities and obligations in my own little way. I call this sponsored, cheap campaign and electioneering. Mr president has tried in his own little way but you don't call that achievements. Now let me bring you this to your knowledge: I access the economy based on the amount I give to my wife and what she put on the table,I buy the water I drink, I buy fuel for my gen on a daily basis,in a growing economy it shouldn't be so. Our GDP is out on point. Our depth rate is becoming alarming. The so call subsidy cabals are on top of the economy, the political will to tackle insecurity is zero, our education standard is falling day by day. A trip round our neighbouring countries you will appreciate leadership at work. The question remains what are the responsibilities and obligations of mr president? Stop listing on letters let his works speaks for him action speaks louder than voice.

With all due respect, this submission of yours is SILLY. There are people moving about the web saying that the President has not done anything and instigating people against him; calling him "weak" and "clueless" about what to do and you actually expect that there should not be any response? Go through the webosphere,there are a flurry of write ups against the President based mostly on LIES, HALF-TRUTHS and outright PROPAGANDA in a form that no President has ever had to put up with; coupled with insults and in a few in stance HATE.

I may have a problem with the style of the OP and would not call those achievements yet in the actual sense, cos he(the President) still has about 3 years of his mandate to run, however, those people who peddle these lies present the situation as though the President has not only been ruling the country since Independence(so he is the cause of all the country's failings) but that his mandate is over(or should be over- that's why they usually call for resignation, impeachment etc) when apart from the unfortunate Security Challenges there is no president within at least the last 25 years have done(or rather doing) things that will transform this country as he has done in about 2 years, I repeat NONE. So expect that some people, who disagree with the methods used by these desperate Power Mongers, would remind others of what the President has done. To ask that those people should keep quiet is NAIVE, UNFAIR and honestly SILLY.

In any case when we debate this way we usually subject our assumptions to more scrutiny. For instance, you said Standard of Education have decreased and I wonder: compared to what and what your parameters were. While I agree that so much work needs to be done in the area of education going forward, I assert that using almost all parameters(no of students attending primary school, no of students staying in school, access to university education- with the building of 9 new universities in a year and licensing more universities, stability in the educational system- with the approval of the Teachers Salary Scale and Lecturers Salary/Retirement Age, the highest allocation of fund to the Education sector ever , even a slight increase in the pass rate in national exams etc etc ) this is not the correct assessment. Again , I am aware that many things still need to improve in this sector but it is relatively better and there is certainly no fall in the Standard of Education as you asserted(except you have your own parameters, which I would like you to share).

Similarly, you dismissed the improvements in Power supply as due to "Rainy season". But the question is- is this the only rainy season we have ever had? Do you know that the total installed capacity for Hydro plants in the country is about 1300MW and not all are been delivered of course; so lets assume that when the Dry season comes that the power supplied from Hydro sources will be half of its current level, still if you subtract this from the almost 4400MW available today it will still be significantly higher than the about 2800MW the President met(by the way, some of the units in these Hydro plants were refurbished by him). He has completed most of the IPP plants started by Obasanjo(halted by Yar'adua), and improved Transmission and Distribution facilities. The Gas facilities have also been markedly improved(this is actually the main reason for the improvements in Generation). Am also not sure you are really aware of the steps that have been taken so far in the Privatisation Programme by the government, most of which is essential for a liberalized Power Environment and which have been achieved during this admin: the formation of NERC board, formation of Bulk Trader, formation of the Asset Company, formation of the Gas Aggregator, unbudling of PHCN into 18 daughter companies, working out Power credits to intending investors in collaboration with some International Finance houses, Concessioning of the Transmission Company of Nigeria to a reputable International Energy utility company, formulation of a new investment learning Tariff Structure, Handling of Labour issues(though there are still some disagreements here) and of course the submission of bids strictly according to the time line. You just cant dismiss all these as due to "rainy season" and expect some of us that have been following the process to keep quiet.

Another wrong assumption is that this stance of some of us is due to Praise Singing. I do not Praise ANY human being. You will NEVER find that in any of my write ups. I have very high standards and know that much work still need to be done while acknowledging the "mess" we were in as a nation before now. However, as long as certain people have made it a duty to tell others that the President is not doing any thing and so distract people from really engaging the government's policies including constructively criticizing, it would be incumbent on some of us to counter these lies which will not do any of us any good. For instance, the only thing in the way of the full Liberalization of the Power Sector(which will be the most significant INFRASTRUCTURAL undertaking in the country's history) is the present disagreements between the "PHCN" workers an Government. In stead of Nigerians to put pressure on both the govt and labour that they should come to some kind of agreements and make it very clear to them that we will not accept any thing that will derail the process, some peple will nt allow 'see road' cos of their frivolous and unproductive criticisms.

You may want to go through this post: https://www.nairaland.com/1025483/new-list-president-goodluck-jonathans-achievements/5#11915524 . Even if you do not want to respond but at least you may be more aware of what is happening in the country.

Thanks.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by taharqa: 1:02am On Aug 24, 2012
maclatunji:

I know many people want me to pander to their every wish but I am only one man and have to go to sleep now. Enjoy this thread for now. There are so many points you can address here.

Oh you want to go to sleep now *laughing*...shee you go come back tomorrow ni? If you guys will not come to me, I wiil go to you.

Good night. Dream NIGERIA
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by jmaine: 1:16am On Aug 24, 2012
taharqa:

Oh you want to go to sleep now *laughing*...shee you go come back tomorrow ni? If you guys will not come to me, I wiil go to you.

Good night. Dream NIGERIA

You dey use facts fumigate them comot grin . . .see as all of them dey scamper cheesy
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by princeonx: 1:41am On Aug 24, 2012
New list? What was on the previous list?
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:33am On Aug 24, 2012
@All,
What's your take on CORRUPTION?
A souped-up sports car leaking so much
fuel isn't likely to go far...
I'm quite sure a country wasting much
resources is in trouble, right?
If you become the captain of a very leaky
ship, in danger of sinking, what should your
first action be?
Providing plasma screens and pool tables
for the crew? Rehabbing the toilets?
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by timilehing(m): 3:04am On Aug 24, 2012
Woobish! Can't bliv i read dis shitt. Ondo state governor did beta than that. And moreover, those are his responsibility as the President! NO PRAISE DESERVED
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Kobojunkie: 3:52am On Aug 24, 2012
delvinmaya: I no fit laff again. Some posts on nairaland kinda ve that effect on me. For me,i got to shout out to three posters in this thread,@ taharqa(men,i loved your write-up and could not help but agree more,i have never seen a write-up more concise and pretty. @ihedinobi,you too much. You both took words outta ma mouth,thanks so much,and @taharqa,they won't respond,they suffer from a pathological urge to always criticize,whereas they are no better. @sessydool,respect your view but i don't agree with you in certain aspects. @kobojunkie,if you can,get a copy of the nation newspaper,dated july 17,2012, page 22,and read[b] the article by Gen Bakut(rtd)[/b]. It aint much but you can actually get an idea on the state of things in the power sector

You look me up and down na article by an old arse Gen Bakut(aka a nobody) I go come dey read for information on what is happening in the power sector? You sure dey dem never lobotomize you without your consent?

Look, if you have no idea where that number is from, stop posting it/STOP LYING~!
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Kobojunkie: 3:53am On Aug 24, 2012
Mallamabdul:
You have a morbid fear for truth. I believe that you are a staunch ACN liar and hater of Jonathan so I will use an ACN newspaper to prove you wrong.
Please review this link.
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/business/57661-electricity-generation-hits-record-4477mw.html
Jonathan's govt has generated 3,477 megawatts of electricity. It's a record in Nigeria's history.

You are a bloody mor0n . . . how did 4477MW equal 4700MW? undecided undecided undecided undecided If I no catch you, na so you for swell that number to 5000MW by next week. 4477MW happens to be about as much as Nigeria got even last year. But OH NO . . you just had to pull some extra megawatts from your arse on behalf of Jonathan, didn't you? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by jackobi(m): 6:48am On Aug 24, 2012
Ha Ha Ha ;DHa Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ;DHa Ha Ha
@Op
You and the other clowns employed by the government always remind me of the earlier clowns we saw many years ago on "WHO THE CAP FITS" and "ONE MILLION MATCH".
Let the achievements speak for themselves. Fashola works doesn't need town criers to speak for them.

P.S Come let me employ you all to help me campaign for village Eze.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Acelifted: 6:56am On Aug 24, 2012
I don't see the wisdom of itemizing, what should
otherwise be, the regular job of the President, as major achievements.
Major achievements should be acts which go beyond the call of duty and
which are performed with great distinction.

Sir, to date, this President is worse than a mediocre President. I'm
afraid he is too dumb to rule Nigeria successfully - I hope I am
wrong.

Its unfortunate that our political and ethnic sentiment has completely beclouded our sense of reasoning and good judgement. When will we grow? The enlightened should not be caught committing the sins of the ignorant and unenlightened![i][/i]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations / "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege / Chude Has Been Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.