Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements (53660 Views)

Buhari Taking Credit For Jonathan’s Achievements, Says Rep. / Buhari Has Already Surpassed Jonathan's Achievements - APC / Another Look At President Jonathan’s Achievements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by laykhorn(m): 10:20am On Aug 24, 2012
Gosh..?! What sort of rabbish list of achievements is all this. Most of 'em are personal ones.
If the dumba$$ finds the Nigerian task too herculean nd Nigerians too demanding, he should just do the honorable thing no President of this great nation ever did.. Mtcheeew!
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by jmaine: 10:42am On Aug 24, 2012
maclatunji:

@bolded, slow down on the hype. Maximum result is when industrial and domestic consumers of electricity in Nigeria enjoy sustained uninterrupted power supply not: "We didn't use to have electricity in my area for a week. Now I see it everyday although I still use my generator."

Maclatunji, my statement was concise and very clear to seeming open minded folks . . . .

Jmaine: He is reviving back the NIPPs to yield maximum result

am forced to do a lil overview of my simple quote above

1) When the NIPPs are fully commisioned, they are expected to deliver at optimum/maximum result they were designated for

2) They are still on going projects and am wondering how you missed that part . . .

3) The improvement you noticed in your area is because something is happening in the power sector and it's not magic . .

When the NIPPs are commisioned, it's expected to yield maximum benefits and GEJ must be commended for seeing to it
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 10:50am On Aug 24, 2012
Pls. Stop this, Nigerians are angry
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by maclatunji: 10:50am On Aug 24, 2012
Ihedinobi:

And it is reasonable to get mad at a cripple who's taking physical therapy to regain use of his legs for not beating Usain Bolt in the hundred meter dash just because, well, "ain't he got legs too?" What nonsense.

You think you're smart to expect in the short time GEJ has ruled? Dude, no, what you are is foolish.

Oh Yes! The asking for more time card. Yes, I expect to get that a lot in 2015: "GEJ needs more time to complete the "work" he is doing." It won't be "I have no shoes", it will be about "Stability and Continuity".
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by maclatunji: 10:54am On Aug 24, 2012
jmaine:

Maclatunji, my statement was concise and very clear to seeming open minded folks . . . .

am forced to do a lil overview of my simple quote above

1) When the NIPPs are fully commisioned, they are expected to deliver at optimum/maximum result they were designated for

2) They are still on going projects and am wondering how you missed that part . . .

3) The improvement you noticed in your area is because something is happening in the power sector and it's not magic . .

When the NIPPs are commisioned, it's expected to yield maximum benefits and GEJ must be commended for seeing to it

Sure, but the billions of dollars being pumped-into the power sector will be a waste if the process does not lead to private companies taking over the entire sector. I would rather wait for this to happen than to make noise at the moment. Obasanjo and late Yar'adua made more noise about power reforms, where is the electricity today?
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 24, 2012
maclatunji:

Oh Yes! The asking for more time card. Yes, I expect to get that a lot in 2015: "GEJ needs more time to complete the "work" he is doing." It won't be "I have no shoes", it will be about "Stability and Continuity".

Shut up jọọ! After all, you no get talk angry
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by jmaine: 11:01am On Aug 24, 2012
maclatunji:

Sure, but the billions of dollars being pumped-into the power sector will be a waste if the process does not lead to private companies taking over the entire sector. I would rather wait for this to happen than to make noise at the moment. Obasanjo and late Yar'adua made more noise about power reforms, where is the electricity today?

OBJ and Yar Adua made more noise without result and GEJ is making lesser noise with tangible results, well laid out and followed plan for all to see . . .

Only an extreme frustrated cynic will bleat that it's not obvious

Slow down your roll on the power reforms bashing cos GEJ and Barth[/b]man Nnaji has that end adequately covered up . . .

[b]Your futile venture to attack that sector falls flat on the face of evidence
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by jmaine: 11:03am On Aug 24, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Shut up jọọ! After all, you no get talk angry

true true . .my man no get talk grin
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by kutchs: 11:12am On Aug 24, 2012
maclatunji:

I see you are finally getting the whole picture. The truth which every sane mind should accept is that though there are still nuch left to be done, something, however, is being done. While it is too early to shout hoooraaay, credit should be given for the much accomplished now. We must also accept that no single administration can solve all the problems of a nation otherwise there wont be need for govt in d first place, Jonathan is laying a solid foundation for the revitalization of our dead economy, if that works and the next admin builds on it, what a country we will have.

2 Likes

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 24, 2012
maclatunji:

If by the bolded you mean that you'll take a break from bashing the GEJ's presidency and see whether or not the methods he's employing will pay off in worthy benefits, then I commend you for being reasonable. But if you mean by it that it's too early to commend GEJ, then the question would be "has GEJ done at all anything worth commending?" Do his methods indicate potential at all? Have any short-term goals been met? Is it reasonable to accommodate changes in the environment that might affect his plans for the country in evaluation of his deliveries so far? Has he been accommodating said changes worthily?

Are these questions not worth asking? What's with wholesale condemnation? Is it not at least as bad as wholesale commendation? I don't believe that GEJ should be commended when he does wrong or gives unreasonable excuses, but I'll take on anyone who thinks that he should only be condemned even when there is evidence that he has done well in some things!
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Louis88: 11:17am On Aug 24, 2012
jmaine:

OBJ and Yar Adua made more noise without result and GEJ is making lesser noise with tangible results, well laid out and followed plan for all to see . . .

Only an extreme frustrated cynic will bleat that it's not obvious

Slow down your roll on the power reforms bashing cos GEJ and Barthman Nnaji has that end adequately covered up . . .

Your futile venture to attack that sector falls flat on the face of evidence
The only noise they said the man is making is that he lets the general public know what the govt they elected into power is doing,he carries the populace along like a democratic president is supposed to do.And by the way when it comes to making noise is it not the opposition parties that ran to pay agents to invade the social media and start creating negative hype,are they not the once attacking every step that GEJ takes,the man only comes out to defend his policies only when he has to.When it comes to noise PLEASE we all know who the loudest noise makers are.

3 Likes

Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 24, 2012
kutchs: I see you are finally getting the whole picture. The truth which every sane mind should accept is that though there are still nuch left to be done, something, however, is being done. While it is too early to shout hoooraaay, credit should be given for the much accomplished now. We must also accept that no single administration can solve all the problems of a nation otherwise there wont be need for govt in d first place, Jonathan is laying a solid foundation for the revitalization of our dead economy, if that works and the next admin builds on it, what a country we will have.

If I wasn't typing when you posted, I would have saved myself the energy. Correct talk o jare
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 24, 2012
Louis88: The only noise they said the man is making is that he lets the general public know what the govt they elected into power is doing,he carries the populace along like a democratic president is supposed to do.And by the way when it comes to making noise is it not the opposition parties that ran to pay agents to invade the social media and start creating negative hype,are they not the once attacking every step that GEJ takes,the man only comes out to defend his policies only when he has to.When it comes to noise PLEASE we all know who the loudest noise makers are.

Much respect, man. smiley
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by maclatunji: 11:32am On Aug 24, 2012
Sorry tongue
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by maclatunji: 11:33am On Aug 24, 2012
Ihedinobi:

If by the bolded you mean that you'll take a break from bashing the GEJ's presidency and see whether or not the methods he's employing will pay off in worthy benefits, then I commend you for being reasonable. But if you mean by it that it's too early to commend GEJ, then the question would be "has GEJ done at all anything worth commending?" Do his methods indicate potential at all? Have any short-term goals been met? Is it reasonable to accommodate changes in the environment that might affect his plans for the country in evaluation of his deliveries so far? Has he been accommodating said changes worthily?

Are these questions not worth asking? What's with wholesale condemnation? Is it not at least as bad as wholesale commendation? I don't believe that GEJ should be commended when he does wrong or gives unreasonable excuses, but I'll take on anyone who thinks that he should only be condemned even when there is evidence that he has done well in some things!

@bolded, err No. Has he done anything good? I am watching the power sector, he has scored above average there in terms of policy implementation. In terms of running the economy, his Minister of Finance's policies have been to hold rather than build, she claims she is doing so because of corruption. Hello! Corruption brought-in this government in the first place. What happened to the massive funds withdrawn from the Central bank less than a week to the Presidential election in 2011?

Bear in mind, that the primary function of government is security of lives and property, on that score he has failed woefully and don't tell me it is the fault of his detractors. Give me GEJ's powers and give me his detractors, I will show him how it is done. tongue
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by otigba123: 11:38am On Aug 24, 2012
In all the achievements of mr. president I did not hear about the percentage he has reduced unemployment. The Nigerian youths are suffering. Do you agree with me that 90% of our youths are unemployed? What is the essence of nationalism when a graduate can not boast of a common job? Nigeria is the only country her youths prefere to die in crime dan to die of hunger. Minus the youth in any country,there would be no military nor future leaders. Very few idiots stock billions of naira for themselves and thier children yet a common youth who does not have Abraham borrows clothe for a job interview that has been reserved for the children of these same thieves. If care is not taken,we the youths would fight our government vehemently. Beware of the second Bokko Haram against the government.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by mrjingles(m): 11:40am On Aug 24, 2012
In the court of fowls, the cockroach can never win his case.

There is NOTHING GEJ will do that will satisfy some people, the man "has not done anything" they attacked, he has achieved something (no matter how small in their opinion) they attack! He may be dull clueless and weak but we must admit he has done SOMETHING right. Its just silly pride really, they can't bear the fact that their doomsday predictions are not panning out. Its more like "how DARE GEJ achieve ANYTHING! we have declared him a failure so fail he must!" sad for them really.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by kutchs: 12:02pm On Aug 24, 2012
maclatunji:

@bolded, err No. Has he done anything good? I am watching the power sector, he has scored above average there in terms of policy implementation. In terms of running the economy, his Minister of Finance's policies have been to hold rather than build, she claims she is doing so because of corruption. Hello! Corruption brought-in this government in the first place. What happened to the massive funds withdrawn from the Central bank less than a week to the Presidential election in 2011?

Bear in mind, that the primary function of government is security of lives and property, on that score he has failed woefully and don't tell me it is the fault of his detractors. Give me GEJ's powers and give me his detractors, I will show him how it is done. tongue
You see the height of hypocrisy and double standard, you reserve ur comment on an area the govt has achieved so much (you are not willing to praise it) but you are quick to condemn and dismiss it on the security issue bc for you it has failed woefully. In all fairness commend and condemn accordingly (anyway haters like u turn a blind eye to govt‘s achievement but become fully awake once its shortcomings are mentioned). John Locke whom u referenced consciously or not admit the protection of lives and properties as the primary duty of govt but i am also aware that the Lockean citizen has a duty to support the govt, what have you and the pple living in the troubled areas done to assist the govt arrest the ugly situation. I have always said it that there is only so little the govt can do when bh has a willing host community who provides them a safe haven.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by maclatunji: 12:13pm On Aug 24, 2012
kutchs: You see the height of hypocrisy and double standard, you reserve ur comment on an area the govt has achieved so much (you are not willing to praise it) but you are quick to condemn and dismiss it on the security issue bc for you it has failed woefully. In all fairness commend and condemn accordingly (anyway haters like u turn a blind eye to govt‘s achievement but become fully awake once its shortcomings are mentioned). John Locke whom u referenced consciously or not admit the protection of lives and properties as the primary duty of govt but i am also aware that the Lockean citizen has a duty to support the govt, what have you and the pple living in the troubled areas done to assist the govt arrest the ugly situation. I have always said it that there is only so little the govt can do when bh has a willing host community who provides them a safe haven.

Yawns!

There were people like you during Obasanjo's tenure praising him for "improving" power supply. Where is all of that electricity now? It is the job of the people to secure themselves? Please! The duty of the government to secure lives and property is not dependent on the citizens doing "anything". This is the reason the government has the Army, Police and other security agencies. So, what would happen if a large enough part of "the people" decide to take-on the government fire-for-fire? Will the government be begging them to report themselves to it?

If you don't understand what government powers and duties are, just remain silent.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by kutchs: 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2012
maclatunji:

Yawns!

There were people like you during Obasanjo's tenure praising him for "improving" power supply. Where is all of that electricity now? It is the job of the people to secure themselves? Please! The duty of the government to secure lives and property is not dependent on the citizens doing "anything". This is the reason the government has the Army, Police and other security agencies. So, what would happen if a large enough part of "the people" decide to take-on the government fire-for-fire? Will the government be begging them to report themselves to it?

If you don't understand what government powers and duties are, just remain silent.
Oh well keep waiting for the govt to do it all and lest see how far that takes us.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by maclatunji: 12:43pm On Aug 24, 2012
kutchs: Oh well keep waiting for the govt to do it all and lest see how far that takes us.

That won't be necessary because we as citizens have a right to and will demand that this government performs its duties.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Hobbynarh: 1:48pm On Aug 24, 2012
is dz a list or an EPISTLE..... I think a new forum sud b introduced on NL,wre EPISTLES lik dz sud b directed
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by jackobi(m): 1:56pm On Aug 24, 2012
@OP
After all the posts and comments made so far. One individual from the opposition has not joined your wagon of GEJ praises. Your main objective when confronting them is to win them not fight them.

Trying to remove specks of sawdust from ones eye when a whole plank is facing you.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 24, 2012
maclatunji:

@bolded red. How so?

@bolded blue. I am not going to argue whether it is so or not, but so what if it did?

@bolded green. Show us here and now and you could be president in 2015.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 24, 2012
maclatunji:

Yawns!

Memory might be failing me but I can't check the web now for info, but wasn't the Ogoni (right?) saga an example of the government protecting lives and property? Anyway, I'll take this on with your answer to my last question in my previous comment.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 24, 2012
fuel is selling for #250 per liter in abuja..... i bet he is doing real grand.....
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by maclatunji: 2:36pm On Aug 24, 2012
Ihedinobi:

@bolded red. How so?

@bolded blue. I am not going to argue whether it is so or not, but so what if it did?

@bolded green. Show us here and now and you could be president in 2015.

Rolls eyes. @bold red, This thread is enough evidence. @bold green, effective action is what is needed here not words. Anybody with above mediocre leadership ability can contain Boko Haram. If you are in doubt ask the Cameroonian government.
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 24, 2012
kutchs: You see the height of hypocrisy and double standard, you reserve ur comment on an area the govt has achieved so much (you are not willing to praise it) but you are quick to condemn and dismiss it on the security issue bc for you it has failed woefully. In all fairness commend and condemn accordingly (anyway haters like u turn a blind eye to govt‘s achievement but become fully awake once its shortcomings are mentioned). John Locke whom u referenced consciously or not admit the protection of lives and properties as the primary duty of govt but i am also aware that the Lockean citizen has a duty to support the govt, what have you and the pple living in the troubled areas done to assist the govt arrest the ugly situation. I have always said it that there is only so little the govt can do when bh has a willing host community who provides them a safe haven.
supporting govt does not mean singing their praise on NL, it means obeying the lawsof the land, paying your taxes and get satisfaction when pple we elected, grow some balls and deal with people who are threatening our lives and property
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 24, 2012
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 24, 2012
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by chucky234(m): 3:34pm On Aug 24, 2012
Achievement? Maybe OP understands the meaning of the word "achievement" better than I do because all he listed to me are far from achievements.
**looking around for the achievements**
Re: New-List Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Achievements by bubadaniel13: 3:56pm On Aug 24, 2012
All I know is that we will never know the value of something until its gone.....we maybe criticizing GEJ today somebody may come tomorrow that we will continue to remember GEJ,I just feel that GEJ needs more time,he just spend a year,let's give him the benefit of the doubt...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege / Chude Has Been Released / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.