Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Is Year Of Dating Enough To Propose To A Lady? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Year Of Dating Enough To Propose To A Lady? (1279 Views)

10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? / If You Propose To Ur Lady And She Refuses, What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Year Of Dating Enough To Propose To A Lady? by dryx007(m): 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2012
I have been dating this girl for three months and it seems as if i have known her for ages and i am getting the feeling she is the one i want to spend the rest of my life with.I want to wait for at least a year of dating before i propose to her.Is one year enough to know someone?or you need like 2 to 3 years of dating?
Re: Is Year Of Dating Enough To Propose To A Lady? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 22, 2012
Even 10 years is not enough to know someone truly. It will take a lifetime of living together to sort them out.

Marriage is a big risk in itself. If you believe she is the one and you love each other, no need to beat around the bush for years.

Just my 2cent.

1 Like

Re: Is Year Of Dating Enough To Propose To A Lady? by deshclones(m): 4:59pm On Aug 22, 2012
O boy three months is damn too early..you still have butterflies in your tummy man...give your relationship time...infact you need to see her get mad once in a while before you propose.i suggest you deliberately provoke her..that way you will know if you are married to a lady or a lion..
Re: Is Year Of Dating Enough To Propose To A Lady? by reeeT(f): 7:21pm On Aug 22, 2012
It doesnt matter hw long u hv been wit her,wat matters is dat u feel smtin gud which is actualli mkin u feel she is d one.4me,i suggest u go 4it....
Re: Is Year Of Dating Enough To Propose To A Lady? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 03, 2012
A year of dating is ok. And it'll be great if you could somehow live together for some time so as to fully understand each other and test your compatibility. if there are challenges along the way that you both come together to overcome then the better for you; as we all know love is easy/often superficial in times of prosperity.
Re: Is Year Of Dating Enough To Propose To A Lady? by kariolality: 8:16pm On Sep 04, 2012
@least Two decades are enough
Re: Is Year Of Dating Enough To Propose To A Lady? by DExplorer1: 11:30pm On Sep 04, 2012
Don't tell me dating is meant to know everything about a woman. If it's not then even well spent 6months could be so on point. Knowing eachother too well is in marriage not while dating.
Re: Is Year Of Dating Enough To Propose To A Lady? by tai2(m): 11:33pm On Sep 04, 2012
dryx007: I have been dating this girl for three months and it seems as if i have known her for ages and i am getting the feeling she is the one i want to spend the rest of my life with.I want to wait for at least a year of dating before i propose to her.Is one year enough to know someone?or you need like 2 to 3 years of dating?

My brother, you can propose in a week, the length of time doesn't guarantee anything really.
Re: Is Year Of Dating Enough To Propose To A Lady? by Mynd44: 6:34am On Sep 05, 2012
tai2:

My brother, you can propose in a week, the length of time doesn't guarantee anything really.
but dating for a long time will help you understand the person better and help you see how the person will react to different situations

1 Like

Re: Is Year Of Dating Enough To Propose To A Lady? by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 05, 2012
We
Mynd_44:

but dating for a long time will help you understand the person better and help you see how the person will react to different situations.

Well said man. Don't mind all these people saying length doesn't matter. If it was 1 million Naira you wanted to invest wouldn't you do your research well for pros and cons, and potential future outlook before investing. My recommendation still remains about 1 year serious dating. Marriage no dey run, rush in and rush out.
Re: Is Year Of Dating Enough To Propose To A Lady? by Mynd44: 7:20am On Sep 05, 2012
You have to really do risk assessment before jumping into marriage and calculate the factor of safety or failure
Re: Is Year Of Dating Enough To Propose To A Lady? by Andrew3(m): 7:27am On Sep 05, 2012
Common you guys make me sick. I intend getting married in a short while and havnt even met her
yet. Your 10 years of dating stuff drives me crazy. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Is Year Of Dating Enough To Propose To A Lady? by Mynd44: 8:21am On Sep 05, 2012
::Andrew:::
Common you guys make me sick. I intend getting married in a short while and havnt even met her
yet. Your 10 years of dating stuff drives me crazy. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Fine then. Date for a week and marry your business
Re: Is Year Of Dating Enough To Propose To A Lady? by Andrew3(m): 8:39am On Sep 05, 2012
Mynd_44:
Fine then. Date for a week and marry your business
wink wink wink wink
Re: Is Year Of Dating Enough To Propose To A Lady? by djeezy(m): 10:11am On Sep 05, 2012
dryx007: I have been dating this girl for three months and it seems as if i have known her for ages and i am getting the feeling she is the one i want to spend the rest of my life with.I want to wait for at least a year of dating before i propose to her.Is one year enough to know someone?or you need like 2 to 3 years of dating?
By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad wife, you'll become a philosopher. Well, basically i think marriage is not something you rush and delve into. You need to have in mind that you're gonna spend the rest of your life with this person. Do not conclude you already know her too much now as to get married to her. Take your time and know her more better then you can tie the knot. Goodluck.

(1) (Reply)

Should I Drink The Wine Or Not? / Why Do We Have More 'widows' Than 'widowers' In Our Society? / Why Are Girls So Deceptive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.