Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,648 members, 7,820,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Oil Discovered In Sokoto State - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Discovered In Sokoto State (36018 Views)

Presidential Election Results From Sokoto State - The Nation / Oil Discovered In Lagos / Crude Oil Discovered In Ara Orin, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Biggyd2: 2:27pm On Aug 23, 2012
SMH. I wonder what life would have been like if there was no oil in Nigeria?
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by drzed: 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2012
pato405:
go sit your flat ass hole on a pole! don't give a hoot about your nothern sentiments and geography lesson..some of you just have a diminutive sense of humour you can't read between the line and decipher humour when you see one. tell tale signs of doping dry shyte behind the school fence during english/literature classes. tongue

I equally dont give a hoot about your anti-northern sentiments. Now you are claiming it was a joke because you put a couple of smileys at the end of your twisted post. If the stamement below sound like a joke to you, well, it is not funny to everyone.

pato405:
No matter how much you educate these dimwits, they'll always find it difficult to [b]tell the difference between chalk and cheese. a camel will always remain a camel [/b]no matter how much you decorate it.

Joke or not, your right to throw a drunken punch in a market place stops where other people's face begins.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by saintohia: 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2012
Good for the(ir) economy if proved to be in commercial quantity.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by dblock(m): 3:36pm On Aug 23, 2012
good now the Northerners can be on their way

I am tired of their nonsense.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Remii(m): 3:45pm On Aug 23, 2012
2sexy: You can blame them,bro. How many here know how petroleum is formed, it enviroment? How many studied geology or petroleum engineering?

But they should be smart enough to learn or keep their ignorant mouths shut instead of display emptiness. It's sad, some of these will even make it to govt, na aw.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by bakila: 4:06pm On Aug 23, 2012
rotman91: What a joker u are. Guess it was mistaken for palm kernel oil all dis northern illiterates. This is evidently far from possible
See how stupi.d the ability to read has made some people.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by BlueMurder(m): 4:11pm On Aug 23, 2012
wescoboy: Anything can happen anywhere. Most Arab Nations have oil yet in the desert. Lets thank God for the North. Atleast the parasitic nature in the Northerners will gradually become a thing of the past. Truly, there is no region in Nigeria that does not have something God deposited with them. But the Northerners became lazy at the discovery of Oil. And can you blame them? No. While our fore fathers were busy travelling to study abroad, the Northern fathers were busy training their sons in the Army at home. And the result is what we have today. And talking about regional Government, it will never work. Infact there will be more trouble at the grass root level than ever. Brothers will turn against Brothers. Could you imagine what "ordinary land - i mean farm land" does in the Eastern part of the Country? Communal clashes every now & then in the East because of land. Most of us that were born after the civil war may not be able to reason very well when it comes to Regional Government.Atleast, everyone must have heard about "Wild! Wild! West" or "Akintola Taku". Could u imagine if there was oil then?. The West would not have been in existence today at all. Most of us young people talk about break-up. I pray none of us will live to see war. Being a refugee in Benin, Niger or Ghana or Cotonou is not something to imagine. Let us keep praying for our Nation. The major problem we have is neither the North nor the South nor the East nor the West.Human beings are just the same anywhere. Corruption is everywhere. Greed is everywhere. These evils are in Man's nature. And when you now have a system that institutionalize these evils, the result is better imagined. No one that has any opportunity that will not take care of himself and that of his generations after. Why? The system that Babangida era introduced enthroned greed, self-centredness, corruption. That is the only problem we have. The system is it! The system that cares for nobody. The system that regards no intellectualism! The system that does not encourage hard work and contentment. The system that enthrones sycophancy,laziness,greed,discontent and what have you. The system does not care for the citizenry. So everybody looks out for opportunity to take care of himself and those around him. Let us correct the system and everyone will see that Nigerians are wonderful people. Let us have a system where everyone gets what he deserves, A system where thinking or intellectualism is encouraged and hard work is celebrated, A system that the Central Government takes care of the jobless without been a burden to anyone. It is only then we can have peace and desired progress. God bless our Nation. Amen!

The use of paragraphs is not too much of a thing to ask.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by bakila: 4:15pm On Aug 23, 2012
Mr Everest: Hahahahohohohihihhi, lol i cant stop laughing at these clowns, when will they stop this their circus show? This was the same way they found oil in Borno, Kwara, Zamfara just name it, what ignorance, do they think that oil occurs beneath the surface everywhere? Fact is no! If the environment in millions of years past did not encourage fossilazation of dead organisms en mass, there is no way oil will form! These ppl are so daft and lazy to the extent that oil has made them crazy, who told them they cant make money or develope without phantom oil, what happened to their cotton, ground nut pyramid, livestock etc? This ppl need to wake up, crude oil is not everything. Mtschew.
Another dumb attempt at Geology or whatever. This guy does not know why Manchester City are EPL champions.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by bakila: 4:20pm On Aug 23, 2012
Some post shows that a lot of Nigerians will be unhappy if suddenly we stop, travelling by buses in the night, Hearing of BH attack, have constant light, access proper medical service.
I pass my neigbour mentality has done us real harm.

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 23, 2012
The oil belongs to the federal government and not the state government, hence no need for the celebrations. Also as someone rightly pointed out, it may also not be in commercial quantities and this will deter the oil companies from embarking on drilling activities in the state due to unprofitability.
But - even if the deposits are in commercial quantities, the advantages to be gained from this discovery are not all that. . .
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by vislabraye(m): 5:23pm On Aug 23, 2012
Let's see how commercial it is.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by EzeUche(m): 5:30pm On Aug 23, 2012
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by ssh3: 5:30pm On Aug 23, 2012
Oil is just a God given gift. It is discovered evenly in Niger republic what of northern Nigeria? You idiot!
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by muktarmtt(m): 8:55pm On Aug 23, 2012
rotman91: What a joker u are. Guess it was mistaken for palm kernel oil all dis northern illiterates. This is evidently far from possible
fire burn all bad bele ppl u r such nd ass hole u never ever see d down fall of norht so carry ur wahala comot mumu mtsw.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by lumeneng22: 9:14pm On Aug 23, 2012
All the bombs they are shooting up north is becos of oil money nothing else.Let the seismic test continue in every state then we can sit down and talk.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by otodeluxe(m): 9:48pm On Aug 23, 2012
What type of oil, is it Olive oil?
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by luv2talk(m): 11:41pm On Aug 23, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
TIME TO SPLIT THE COUNTRY UP!
NA CASAVA SLICED BREAD??
My Guy, You deserve a room & parlour at Yaba Left
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by jeak123(m): 12:16am On Aug 24, 2012
the discovery of oil brings with it its own challenges and problems. we hope it doesn't happen there. we wish them well. i hope thew governor has not sown new babariga to help himself to some of the (i cough)
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by stallion2: 6:59am On Aug 24, 2012
obowunmi: Chooiii.... More trouble. Ethnic clashes, .... Boko Horam is the new MEND.
MEND- MOVEMENT FOR THE EMANCIPATION OF NORTHERN DESERT [color=#990000][/color] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by geosegun(m): 7:21am On Aug 24, 2012
afam4eva: I expect the petroleum minister to come out and dispel this falsehood as was the case with Kwara state. There has always been oil in the North but it's not in commercial quantity like you have in the Niger Delta.

But i think it will be a great thing if all sections of Nigeria are blessed with not just oil but Gold and Diamond. I'm expecting that Enugu possesses one of these because there's a high probability that wherever there is coal there's likely to be gold or diamond.

The claim that Diamonds and Probably Gold occur in Coal is totally a misconception. Diamond occurs mostly in Kimberlite, an (ultramafic rock cool). You only find it in alluvium in a region where it(the rock) has been massively weathered. Gold in Nigeria occurs in schistose rocks (Schist belt) see A.A Elueze 1987 cool. You can also find it in alluvium weathered metamorphic rock i.e in kwara and Kogi state) though not in commercial quantity (one can only make little gain after putting much efforts). Hence the reason why investors are shying away from it.

Coal however is a sedimentary rock from from deposition of organic matter. However, if the coal is burried to a great depth under a very high temperature,then the possibility is that Dimonds might form (according to geo/chemist). How ever this as not been proven just an hypothesis. The coal in the Enugu is just of tertiary period (it has not been subjected to any deformation-Orogeny cool. Hence the best you can get from it is probably gas. That is if one is lucky. I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND MY TECHNICAL JARGONS grin cool cool cool.

Now back to TOPIC

My questions to the Governor are:

1. How much of Oil in barrels (OOIP) have been dicovered in Sokoto state .
2. What quantity of it do we hope to recover from it(using a tenable recoverable factor).
3. What is the name of the formation (Reservoir)that host the oil/Gas
4. Did NNPC approve the claim?

If the Governor can not answer these question, then the stament is only meant to douse the political tension related to Sovereign national conference and resourse control.[b][/b] cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Acelifted: 10:04am On Aug 24, 2012
warrior01:
which kain bad belle be this one? Abeg be happy for them and pray it is well managed
Thank you My person.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by ceah(m): 11:46am On Aug 24, 2012
God bless the Northerners. May you find more oil to explore in commercial quantities grin grin angry grin grin grin

Nigeria Oni Baje oooooo... God bless you all
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by ow11(m): 12:40pm On Aug 24, 2012
geosegun:

The claim that Diamonds and Probably Gold occur in Coal is totally a misconception. Diamond occurs mostly in Kimberlite, an (ultramafic rock cool). You only find it in alluvium in a region where it(the rock) has been massively weathered. Gold in Nigeria occurs in schistose rocks (Schist belt) see A.A Elueze 1987 cool. You can also find it in alluvium weathered metamorphic rock i.e in kwara and Kogi state) though not in commercial quantity (one can only make little gain after putting much efforts). Hence the reason why investors are shying away from it.

Coal however is a sedimentary rock from from deposition of organic matter. However, if the coal is burried to a great depth under a very high temperature,then the possibility is that Dimonds might form (according to geo/chemist).How ever this as not been proven just an hypothesis. The coal in the Enugu is just of tertiary period (it has not been subjected to any deformation-Orogeny cool. Hence the best you can get from it is probably gas. That is if one is lucky. I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND MY TECHNICAL JARGONS grin cool cool cool.

Now back to TOPIC

My questions to the Governor are:

1. How much of Oil in barrels (OOIP) have been dicovered in Sokoto state .
2. What quantity of it do we hope to recover from it(using a tenable recoverable factor).
3. What is the name of the formation (Reservoir)that host the oil/Gas
4. Did NNPC approve the claim?

If the Governor can not answer these question, then the stament is only meant to douse the political tension related to Sovereign national conference and resourse control.[b][/b] cool cool cool

Please go back and modify your post and delete everything I emboldened.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by EzePromoe: 4:17pm On Aug 24, 2012
I just got a news too that oil has been discovered in the Sahara desert undecided
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by airbender(m): 5:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
Thank GOD...at least sumtin else has ben discoverd beside BOMBS
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Sogo10: 6:14pm On Aug 24, 2012
Matrix.all na video game.acting as if dey dont care.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by koolboi(m): 3:20am On Aug 25, 2012
Oil in kwara, borno n now sokoto have not transcended the pages of news papers. Yyyyyyyy shocked
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by obaino4eze: 7:28am On Aug 25, 2012
Boko Haram wan atract Pple 4 businez 2 sokoto xo dat dy go do wats on dr mind.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Noiseless2: 10:05am On Aug 25, 2012
There is no "southern nigeria" not yet, the Igbos are happy being on their own than being in anywhere with treacherous Yorubas. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE PEOPLE OF NORTH,HOWEVER THE COUNTRY MUST BE DIVIDED.
Orblonde: Watch how the north will stop screaming ONE NIGERIA!!!!!!!! Even the likes of IBB will change there talk. I am happy that this may lead to the final separtion of the north from the rest of the country so the south will be free to progress and be truly federal. One thing is for sure though, poverty in the north will still be terrible due to their feudal culture.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by ignis: 5:14pm On Aug 25, 2012
Okija_juju:

Its one thing to be a geologist, its another thing to explain the presence of oil in Sokoto!!

Use stratigraphic maps to explain your point...

I just provided you one so fire on... Mind you, I'm also a Gelogical Engineer.. cool

Well with the presence of Sandstones, Clay & Shale in Sokoto, Mesozoic- Recent volcanic and sedimentary rocks, which is about the same stratigraphy of rocks in the Niger Delta region.. The Sokoto Basin has always been suspected geologically to be hydrocarbon bearing..

Sir, please don't go outside nairaland and tell anybody that you are a geological engineer cos u might receice the mocking of your life. Back to your stratigraphic map, the stratigraphy of sokoto basin and Niger delta basin are not related. So comparing them is like comparing apple and orange. The niger delta basin is part of the large Dahomey basin while sokoto basin is part of the iuellemeden basin. And mind you, for hydrocarbon to accumulate, we need reservoir rock, source rock, trap and seal. Am a northerner, just being honest. So dont say am trying to beef the north. I would be very happy if economic hydrocarbon is found in the north.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by benhassan: 9:04pm On Aug 25, 2012
These idiot southern rags, from both oil rich and nothing-rich states always yarn
of the idiot oil that has no significance to the citizens. The biggest
fraud and embezzlement hatching sector, the oil industry. Today oil is becoming more
disastrous than blessing to mankind. Move your cursor along the globe, you
can not find a single oil dependent nation and at the same time develop. Oil producing states are
more volatile peace-less nations today. Nigeria would have gone far without oil,
our jobless youth, even the idiot, lazy southerners would have been employed
in the precious northern agric industry. Countries like Japan, China, UK, Germany are
good example of oil-less developed states. Give an example of oil rich, oil depenent
and develop state. Let's have the country free of oil resource for better freedom pls.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by benhassan: 9:13pm On Aug 25, 2012
Talking about oil is always a clear sign of the lazy citizens.
We have nothing to show for oil in our northern states today.
We were a proud blessed nation before the amalgamation and the
subsequent discovery of southern oil. We are suddenly paused to
move along with these southern rats discovered few decades
beneath the mountain hawking and dancing along with monkeys
by a white man. Better for slavery. Amalgamation and oil
stole our credits and precious heritage that can only be restored
if the idiots are cut-off.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Okorocha Should Start Sewing His Prison Uniform - Uche Onyeagucha / EFCC Detains Osita Okechukwu, Probes ₦1.3 Billion Fraud / How Yar’adua Picked Jonathan As Running Mate, By Ali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.