Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Oil Discovered In Sokoto State - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Discovered In Sokoto State (36021 Views)

Presidential Election Results From Sokoto State - The Nation / Oil Discovered In Lagos / Crude Oil Discovered In Ara Orin, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by juman(m): 8:32am On Aug 23, 2012
Hope is not another lie like that of kwara state governor. grin

If it's true, thank God it will make the country easy to be divided.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 23, 2012
I hope dem BH guyz won't wait till they finish installation and start drilling then seize the site o! #Justsaying cool
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by gbadexy(m): 8:34am On Aug 23, 2012
Thank God. Nigeria will start getting better now. I know for a fact that a president initiated the search for oil in the north but I don't know which administration.
Let them see crude oil in a few more northern states and they would be the ones clamoring for what they have refused others; resource control, SNG, even possibly arewa republic.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by papaejima1: 8:35am On Aug 23, 2012
hallelujah! Now let the Oil Spills and environmental degradation also start.

Welcome to the Niger Delta Experience - both Good and Bad!
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:36am On Aug 23, 2012
obowunmi: Chooiii.... More trouble. Ethnic clashes, .... Boko Horam is the new MEND.

On the contrary - BH is a deliberate elongation of a Political Agenda by the Northern Elite. But if this is true then it is good news. The North should explore all possibilities of Crude deposits and invite multinational Oil corporations to help derive all the benefits associated with crude oil. We should expect to see the much needed development of the North in both Agro and Oil production. which leaves the East, West and South with producing Musicians, Comedians and Multi-talented fishermen with no shoes grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Afam4eva(m): 8:37am On Aug 23, 2012
I expect the petroleum minister to come out and dispel this falsehood as was the case with Kwara state. There has always been oil in the North but it's not in commercial quantity like you have in the Niger Delta.

But i think it will be a great thing if all sections of Nigeria are blessed with not just oil but Gold and Diamond. I'm expecting that Enugu possesses one of these because there's a high probability that wherever there is coal there's likely to be gold or diamond.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by omenziate(m): 8:38am On Aug 23, 2012
Hmmmmm, make we dey see, yobe go soon say dem get bauxite, bornu go say dem get haematite. All na wash jare.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Geomac: 8:40am On Aug 23, 2012
naptu2: It is one thing to discover oil (there's oil in Borno State/Lake Chad Basin), but the question is, is it in commercial quantities?

You are right, i don't think it is prolific for commercial exploitation
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by juman(m): 8:41am On Aug 23, 2012
gbadexy: Thank God. Nigeria will start getting better now. I know for a fact that a president initiated the search for oil in the north but I don't know which administration.
Let them see crude oil in a few more northern states and they would be the ones clamoring for what they have refused others; resource control, SNG, even possibly arewa republic.

The governor didn't follow the protocol, it's responsibility of federal government to announce the discovery of oil at any place.

Hope the governor was not day dreaming. grin

The so called leaders mind are only on OIL, OIL, OIL. For God shake they have human and other resources that they can make use of.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 8:46am On Aug 23, 2012
Some ppl are just too stupid,Iran and saudi are among d major producers of oil,and last time i check their oil fields are mostly in desert.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by maigaskiya1: 8:48am On Aug 23, 2012
obowunmi: Chooiii.... More trouble. Ethnic clashes, .... Boko Horam is the new MEND.
d questn is who did d exploratn nd confrmd its up 2 comercial qty or is it anudr ploy 2stat wasteng our money only 2 fnd grundnt oil.remba kwara state made d same cliam ds yr bt nnpc cleard d air d nxt dy.so lets watch nd se

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Kenistry(m): 8:51am On Aug 23, 2012
Well, dats grt news, every part of dis country will eventually produce crude oil, our problem is management....i call for true federalism if dis country will stand d test of time........dis will make evry state/region to work hard and promote its/dier socio/economic prowess. Nigeria is indeed a blessed country
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Kenistry(m): 8:54am On Aug 23, 2012
[quote author=mai gaskiya] d questn is who did d exploratn nd confrmd its up 2 comercial qty or is it anudr ploy 2stat wasteng our money only 2 fnd grundnt oil.remba kwara state made d same cliam ds yr bt nnpc cleard d air d nxt dy.so lets watch nd se[/quote
are u sayin dere's no oil agn in Kwara?
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by ignis: 8:59am On Aug 23, 2012
warrior01: Just heard on AIT that oil has been discovered in Sokoto state. It was confirmed by the governor in an interview. Wishing them the very best

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/08/21/sokoto-has-abundant-crude-oil-deposits-says-wammako/
As a geologist, i strongly agree that there is oil in sokoto basin which is a sub-basin of the large Iullemeden basin. Part of Niger republic also belongs to this Iullemeden basin which has a viable prospect for hydrocarbon accumulation. But the fact is that the oil deposit in Sokoto is not yet available in economical quantity and cannot be profitably exploited at present. This means that the total technological cost involved in getting oil from the basin will be more than the market price which it can be sold. So no oil company can even partake in such deal. The Governor should save us such rigmarole of sufficient viable oil in his state.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by onuwaje(m): 9:08am On Aug 23, 2012
Thank God this is good news ooo... Finally the country can split peacefully
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Okijajuju1(m): 9:12am On Aug 23, 2012
ignis:
As a geologist, i strongly agree that there is oil in sokoto basin which is a sub-basin of the large Iullemeden basin. Part of Niger republic also belongs to this Iullemeden basin which has a viable prospect for hydrocarbon accumulation. But the fact is that the oil deposit in Sokoto is not yet available in economical quantity and cannot be profitably exploited at present. This means that the total technological cost involved in getting oil from the basin will be more than the market price which it can be sold. So no oil company can even partake in such deal. The Governor should save us such rigmarole of sufficient viable oil in his state.

Its one thing to be a geologist, its another thing to explain the presence of oil in Sokoto!!

Use stratigraphic maps to explain your point...

I just provided you one so fire on... Mind you, I'm also a Gelogical Engineer.. cool

Well with the presence of Sandstones, Clay & Shale in Sokoto, Mesozoic- Recent volcanic and sedimentary rocks, which is about the same stratigraphy of rocks in the Niger Delta region.. The Sokoto Basin has always been suspected geologically to be hydrocarbon bearing..
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 23, 2012
na now i know say igbos na pure BIGOTS and BAD BELLE people. All of the comments i have seen here are a clear indication of my first statement. These people have never wanted a very good north. I would like to hear what ANKIO BRIGGS has to say about this. Yes becos she is speaking in public, she would hide her bad belleism. But her bad belle is so bad and it will KILL her.

Ma advice to those living in creeks and gully erosion is; you are always the first victim of your bad belleism. So stop the bad belle before it kills you. And it will definitely kill you!
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by gomentii(m): 9:16am On Aug 23, 2012
Dis is a pure politics...not 4 d lame minded.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by nagoma(m): 9:16am On Aug 23, 2012
Obinnau: hmm! This spree about discovering oil here and there is questionable

Go siddon bad belle. Na so dem talk when Niger Republic announced their own. Now them de export to Nija .
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by drnoel: 9:17am On Aug 23, 2012
fools, these people have just elevated the status of Boko haram
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by floridam(m): 9:18am On Aug 23, 2012
Good dev.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by vanminister: 9:18am On Aug 23, 2012
DONT MIND THEM IT IS ONLY A FEW BARRELS!
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by drnoel: 9:25am On Aug 23, 2012
souldust: na now i know say igbos na pure BIGOTS and BAD BELLE people. All of the comments i have seen here are a clear indication of my first statement. These people have never wanted a very good north. I would like to hear what ANKIO BRIGGS has to say about this. Yes becos she is speaking in public, she would hide her bad belleism. But her bad belle is so bad and it will KILL her.

Ma advice to those living in creeks and gully erosion is; you are always the first victim of your bad belleism. So stop the bad belle before it kills you. And it will definitely kill you!

u may be right or wrong and am not here to dispute or agree with u but tell me. What would u expect from a race of people that have still not recovered after the civil war. Remember every igbo family lost a son, husband, uncle or father in that war and they are still treated like shit cos they lost the war. How do u expect these people to want an equal playing ground for the north after what they have sufferred. Beside u won't blame them, if u've not watched the civil war video pls do so and see for urself. The mentalities of the north even as at the time remain still their mentality of today. Its sad but so is it.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Afam4eva(m): 9:29am On Aug 23, 2012
souldust: na now i know say igbos na pure BIGOTS and BAD BELLE people. All of the comments i have seen here are a clear indication of my first statement. These people have never wanted a very good north. I would like to hear what ANKIO BRIGGS has to say about this. Yes becos she is speaking in public, she would hide her bad belleism. But her bad belle is so bad and it will KILL her.

As an Igbo, i will be very happy if oil is discovered in commercial quantity quantity in the north. That way the north won't be seen as parasites and will fasten the process for a sovereign national conference or Nigeria's disintegration.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by wescoboy: 9:30am On Aug 23, 2012
Anything can happen anywhere. Most Arab Nations have oil yet in the desert. Lets thank God for the North. Atleast the parasitic nature in the Northerners will gradually become a thing of the past. Truly, there is no region in Nigeria that does not have something God deposited with them. But the Northerners became lazy at the discovery of Oil. And can you blame them? No. While our fore fathers were busy travelling to study abroad, the Northern fathers were busy training their sons in the Army at home. And the result is what we have today. And talking about regional Government, it will never work. Infact there will be more trouble at the grass root level than ever. Brothers will turn against Brothers. Could you imagine what "ordinary land - i mean farm land" does in the Eastern part of the Country? Communal clashes every now & then in the East because of land. Most of us that were born after the civil war may not be able to reason very well when it comes to Regional Government.Atleast, everyone must have heard about "Wild! Wild! West" or "Akintola Taku". Could u imagine if there was oil then?. The West would not have been in existence today at all. Most of us young people talk about break-up. I pray none of us will live to see war. Being a refugee in Benin, Niger or Ghana or Cotonou is not something to imagine. Let us keep praying for our Nation. The major problem we have is neither the North nor the South nor the East nor the West.Human beings are just the same anywhere. Corruption is everywhere. Greed is everywhere. These evils are in Man's nature. And when you now have a system that institutionalize these evils, the result is better imagined. No one that has any opportunity that will not take care of himself and that of his generations after. Why? The system that Babangida era introduced enthroned greed, self-centredness, corruption. That is the only problem we have. The system is it! The system that cares for nobody. The system that regards no intellectualism! The system that does not encourage hard work and contentment. The system that enthrones sycophancy,laziness,greed,discontent and what have you. The system does not care for the citizenry. So everybody looks out for opportunity to take care of himself and those around him. Let us correct the system and everyone will see that Nigerians are wonderful people. Let us have a system where everyone gets what he deserves, A system where thinking or intellectualism is encouraged and hard work is celebrated, A system that the Central Government takes care of the jobless without been a burden to anyone. It is only then we can have peace and desired progress. God bless our Nation. Amen!

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 23, 2012
thank God, more wealth to Nigeria...all this "its our oil and we will hold Nigeria to ransom and act like rascals will stop"i wish oil be found in every state..amen
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by tmanuelle(m): 9:43am On Aug 23, 2012
rotman91: What a joker u are. Guess it was mistaken for palm kernel oil all dis northern [color=#006600][/color]illiterates. This is evidently far from possible

Į̸̸̨ƭ is very possible 2 discover oil in d North and some other parts of d county besides d N/Delta region. In geology, there is d possibility of discovering oil in Sedimentary Basins. Looking @ d geology of Nigeria, we av other basins besides D/Delta Basin; namely - the Benin Basin, Anambra Basin, Benue Trough, Borno Basin, Bida Basin and ofcourse, Sokoto Basin. So I̶̲̥̅̊
don't doubt dt geologically speaking.
Below is a file I̶̲̥̅̊
cropped from Prof Obaje's textbook - Geology and Mineral Resources of Nigeria, published by Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2009.

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Chinom(m): 9:50am On Aug 23, 2012
This is good news. We must keep Sokoto state in Nigeria -hahahaha- until we are able to tap the oil in commercial quantity. Nigeria needs more oil no matter where it's found. No section is breaking away. We will all sink or swim together. It's payback time.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 23, 2012
Okija_juju: Oil in Sokoto... #Priceless..

How many liters?!

My brother , these abokis thinks saying they have oil will automatically make them oil producing state, let them tell what the oil reserve is, it might eevn be [b]ordinary Bitumen(asphalt) [/b]since they have the same colour grin grin grin
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by DeCleff(m): 9:53am On Aug 23, 2012
warrior01: Just heard on AIT that oil has been discovered in Sokoto state. It was confirmed by the governor in an interview. Wishing them the very best

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/08/21/sokoto-has-abundant-crude-oil-deposits-says-wammako/
Thank You Jesus, i want the oil everywhere so everybody can contribute to the economy of Nigeria & benefit from their contributions wether good or bad.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by CastleandGreen: 9:53am On Aug 23, 2012
Gov Aliyu Wamako what you discovered is not Crude oil, it is kuli kuli oil.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by bbporsche: 9:56am On Aug 23, 2012
which people go drill the oyel na?...boko haram will be waiting to bomb or take hostages any one dat tries to mess with their land cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Full List Of Saraki’s Property In 2003 / I'll Translate The Audio Of Obi To Hausa And Disseminate It - Bashir El-Rufai / 5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.