Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Oil Discovered In Sokoto State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Discovered In Sokoto State (36024 Views)

Presidential Election Results From Sokoto State - The Nation / Oil Discovered In Lagos / Crude Oil Discovered In Ara Orin, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by dayokanu(m): 1:10am On Aug 23, 2012
bittyend: This is like a blessing in disguise for those who want Nigeria to break-up, or go back to regional government.

I'm happy for them!! cool

Same here. I am happy for them that they too can get oil and drill it to develop their own region

But you knw there are some ppl who are always sad whenever anything good is about to happen to others
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by lacasa: 2:04am On Aug 23, 2012
ϯo all those happy fσr the North, God bless Ūя̲̅ efforts.

ϯo all those wey dey vex, u can eat sand fσr all we care tongue

Agric & oil cool Woo hoo!!!.

Oil companies go dey sokoto ηow, nawa oo cheesy
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Nobody: 3:23am On Aug 23, 2012
lacasa: ϯo all those happy fσr the North, God bless Ūя̲̅ efforts.

So you're a Northerner? shocked shocked

Na wa o!! I thought you were either Yoruba or Igbo. I no know say dem get internet for Borno.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by taharqa: 3:40am On Aug 23, 2012
lacasa: ϯo all those happy fσr the North, God bless Ūя̲̅ efforts.

Hahahaha....my frnd dont rejoice to early. What I heard the governor say is that Sokoto will "Explore" for oil; there is a difference between Exploration and "Exploitation" of oil in commercial quantity....I wishd it was true sha cos it wud have solved a lot of tins in the coun3
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by bittyend(m): 3:47am On Aug 23, 2012
taharqa:

Hahahaha....my frnd dont rejoice to early. What I heard the governor say is that Sokoto will "Explore" for oil; there is a difference between Exploration and "Exploitation" of oil in commercial quantity....I wishd it was true sha cos it wud have solved a lot of tins in the coun3

Niger has already started exporting oil across the border from Sokoto. So, it's plausible that there's oil over there - and probably in different parts of Northern Nigeria.

I definitely know that Lagos and Ogun states have abundance of offshore (and probably onshore) oil deposits as well, but it's better to keep mute about that for now.

Nigeria is truly blessed!!
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by ipromise: 4:02am On Aug 23, 2012
Hope this is not one of the hidden oil pipe channel to northern part from southern part during the military regime?

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by bittyend(m): 4:09am On Aug 23, 2012
They need to hit Yobe and Bornu - there should be oil in those states as well.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:11am On Aug 23, 2012
I go chop ur dollar! grin
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by bittyend(m): 4:13am On Aug 23, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: I go chop ur dollar! grin

I've got the Queen in pink for you, when are you coming for that? grin

Queen in pinky! cool

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Nobody: 4:15am On Aug 23, 2012
I hope this is true for the sake of all Nigerians. It might make hausa/fulani less desperate to keep Nigeria ONE.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Onyenna(m): 4:17am On Aug 23, 2012
Great news......I just hope it doesn't cause more harm than good.... God bless nigeria....
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by bigx(m): 4:18am On Aug 23, 2012
warrior01: Just heard on AIT that oil has been discovered in Sokoto state. It was confirmed by the governor in an interview. Wishing them the very best

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/08/21/sokoto-has-abundant-crude-oil-deposits-says-wammako/

Better for us all
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Nobody: 4:25am On Aug 23, 2012
Nigeria is so blessed that anywhere they chook pipe, oil begins to gush out but the citizens live in crushing poverty and hopelessness. undecided

The irony of Nigeria
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by mamaafrik(m): 4:27am On Aug 23, 2012
Was South east,nw north how i wish we can refine i high magnitude, start constructn of fakafuku line to take it to kogi or lagos d nearest waterland 4 exportin to african,south american & ching chow meng continents,what a g8t market,i gat to try do some analysis of our bckyard sef who knws....
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by IleIfe2(m): 4:28am On Aug 23, 2012
rotman91: What a joker u are. Guess it was mistaken for palm kernel oil all dis northern illiterates. This is evidently far from possible

stop hating. Good news. especially for the rest of Nigeria. i wonder who they will blame for poverty in future.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by IleIfe2(m): 4:30am On Aug 23, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

So you're a Northerner? shocked shocked

Na wa o!! I thought you were either Yoruba or Igbo. I no know say dem get internet for Borno.
grin grin
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Ayoobscom(m): 4:42am On Aug 23, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
ALLAKUAKBAR !!!! TIME TO SPLIT THE COUNTRY UP!

Controversial souls like this are agent of the devil amongst men...harmful idiots like this Mr.chippychappy
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Nobody: 4:51am On Aug 23, 2012
I have always known that there is oil in the north but they choosed to hide it. Very soon the north will start talking of dividing Nigeria once they realise that oil is in abundance in the north. Just watch and see
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Nobody: 4:55am On Aug 23, 2012
ipromise: Hope this is not one of the hidden oil pipe channel to northern part from southern part during the military regime?

I taught exactly the same, but I would be more happy if it is their own natural oil
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by chemashie(m): 4:56am On Aug 23, 2012
Human resources mismanaging natural resources. Hope our bh will cease fire with this new discovery?
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Nobody: 4:57am On Aug 23, 2012
naptu2: It is one thing to discover oil (there's oil in Borno State/Lake Chad Basin), but the question is, is it in commercial quantities?

I guess you didn't read the article. Didn't you see where it says "ABUNDANT" in the article?
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by mustkaka: 4:57am On Aug 23, 2012
ALLAH IS GREAT!! At least let all these noise from south about their oil reduce. If oil would be found. In the desert why can't it be found in sokoto?
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by kpozite(m): 5:02am On Aug 23, 2012
well Goodluck to the state and Nigeria, but the everyone in their posts ignored the real problem and were just beating about the bush.
I remember when a Nigerian Head of State said the Nigeria's problem is ''How to spend money which is in abundance during the oil boom'' well that problem is still here, so to me the location dosen't matter but the MANAGEMENT if it will be managed differently than that of the Niger delta good and fine but if otherwise, then sorry for the Sokoto state.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by kinalo: 5:08am On Aug 23, 2012
U pple nt dey sleep make i once b first to comment? And for the oil pls we all knw dat the oil tht was stolen frm south are nw in sokoto very soon kano/kaduna will discover theirs. Those pipeline whn dey put down since ibb time wat do we expect! The result is out! Every body b ready coz 9ja will soon be divided! The sounce of money is moving round!
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by wawaboy1(m): 5:09am On Aug 23, 2012
Desola: Hahaha...let the rap.ing begin. They have to be ravaged the same way they ravaged the Niger delta.
who born you? when the caliphats are there.Other parts of the country will be sidelined, from employment to revenue even the fed.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by DonHummer(m): 5:21am On Aug 23, 2012
Dis one evrybody is discoverin oil naw....y didnt dey discover al dis tins b4...jst within dis year alone abt 3 states hav discoverd oil...seems dey ve gotn a new method of findin oil....
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Fiawest(m): 5:21am On Aug 23, 2012
Another 'Virgin Mary'having a baby in 21st century.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by kawkab: 5:43am On Aug 23, 2012
The truth is that whether Sokoto has Oil or not, oil would be discovered in the north in no time. If countries like Chad, Niger can have Oil deposits the other States in the north would have Oil. this would also apply to other States in other geopoliical zones of the State

As much as this calls for celebration as it would lead to more revenue and benefits for the States and the federal government, it would also make the state experience first hand the attendant problems the Niger deltans have had to cope with all this years especially environmental degradation, pollution and the disturbing fact that though the Oil well will be in the Sokoto a good % of the accruing revenue goes to the federal Government.

I wish them the best.

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by femmy2010(m): 5:43am On Aug 23, 2012
Hurray,
It is time for Shell,chevron etc to roll in the tjeir tanks.
Let the drilling begin.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Chanchit: 5:59am On Aug 23, 2012
Now we would knw how powerful this northerners are, i'm sure only the tithe which is 10% will go to the FG, while the 90% will be shared btw the gov't, emir's and the elites, i jst hope they fine a place in their heart to help their people with 5% of the revenue...
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Burger01(m): 6:04am On Aug 23, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
[size=20pt]ALLAKUAKBAR !!!! TIME TO SPLIT THE COUNTRY UP![/size]
Better. It's about time.
Re: Oil Discovered In Sokoto State by Orblonde: 6:06am On Aug 23, 2012
Watch how the north will stop screaming ONE NIGERIA!!!!!!!! Even the likes of IBB will change there talk. I am happy that this may lead to the final separtion of the north from the rest of the country so the south will be free to progress and be truly federal. One thing is for sure though, poverty in the north will still be terrible due to their feudal culture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

5 Reasons Atiku Gave For Leaving APC / I'll Translate The Audio Of Obi To Hausa And Disseminate It - Bashir El-Rufai / Kwara Governor Complains About "Conduct" Of Kwara Rep By-Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.