Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,613 members, 7,816,520 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? (24993 Views)

Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech / Debunking The Over-rated Religious Tolerance Claim of SWners / Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by ishmael(m): 10:11pm On Aug 26, 2012
Eko Ile:

Is it ok to assume that you've studied and researched Inter religion marriages in Yorubaland and you also have stats, data and figures to back up your ignorant rubbish.?

I wonder where NR get you useless jokers from....
And how many stats have u provided to prove ur own points here? No let me curse u o! Boko Haram.
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by ishmael(m): 10:19pm On Aug 26, 2012
asha 80:

well for someone like dele sobowale whom i respect his write ups on sunday vanguard to write such maybe there is something that does not seem right to him.
Something is definitely wrong somewhere. I believe the yoruba xtians are tolerant while the muslims are using wayo on the xtians to marry their xtian daughters, period! Also, if i may ask don't we have credible xtians in Lagos state ACN?
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by EkoIle1: 10:22pm On Aug 26, 2012
ishmael: And how many stats have u provided to prove ur own points here? No let me curse u o!

To start with, I don't need any stats because I did not make any point. Even if I foolishly did, must you foolishly do the same thing like an ignorant mumu follow follow?

You see how dumb and foolish you sound?
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by ishmael(m): 10:34pm On Aug 26, 2012
Eko Ile:

To start with, I don't need any stats because I did not make any point. Even if I foolishly did, must you foolishly do the same thing like an ignorant mumu follow follow?

You see how dumb and foolish you sound?
Pls go play with ur toy, boy. Or go and recite ur ABCD. I don't discuss serious issues with kids who suck their fingers, like u.
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Katsumoto: 10:37pm On Aug 26, 2012
ishmael: Pls go play with ur toy, boy. Or go and recite ur ABCD. I don't have time for kids like u.

But you made an assertion. Whats do you have to support the assemption you are making, whether true or false?
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 26, 2012
@Ishmael, both male and female of these two religion do get married. The point is more often than not,muslim ladies who married christians do change,most of the time. While most of the christians who marry muslims don't, they still continue going to church. Most don't,eve if they marry an Imam or Emir,go to Makkah 10 times or whatever,more often than not,they won't change.

1 Like

Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by ishmael(m): 10:42pm On Aug 26, 2012
Katsumoto:

But you made an assertion. Whats do you have to support the assemption you are making, whether true or false?
what assertion did i make? I only said the truth about what i see in Lagos daily. I don't need any stats for that. And if any of u has any stats to use in proving me wrong pls provide the stats. No insults pls.
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by ishmael(m): 10:46pm On Aug 26, 2012
Tesiday: @Ishmael, both male and female of these two religion do get married. The point is more often than not,muslim ladies who married christians do change,most of the time. While most of the christians who marry muslims don't, they still continue going to church. Most don't,eve if they marry an Imam or Emir,go to Makkah 10 times or whatever,more often than not,they won't change.
I can agree to some extent with ur explanation.
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by EkoIle1: 10:53pm On Aug 26, 2012
ishmael: what assertion did i make? I only said the truth about what i see in Lagos daily. I don't need any stats for that. And if any of u has any stats to use in proving me wrong pls provide the stats.

Olodo, you made an assertion and there is no truth without facts to back it up.

Your statement was stupid and ignorant.
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by EkoIle1: 10:55pm On Aug 26, 2012
ishmael: Pls go play with ur toy, boy. Or go and recite ur ABCD. I don't discuss serious issues with kids who suck their fingers, like u.

What's this gayyyy fantasy of yours got to do with you proving your silly claims?

What a dullard...
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by ishmael(m): 10:57pm On Aug 26, 2012
Eko Ile:

Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by ishmael(m): 10:57pm On Aug 26, 2012
Eko Ile:

Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Katsumoto: 11:26pm On Aug 26, 2012
ishmael: what assertion did i make? I only said the truth about what i see in Lagos daily. I don't need any stats for that. And if any of u has any stats to use in proving me wrong pls provide the stats. No insults pls.

I rarely insult.

What you stated was your PERSONAL opinion and should have been stated as that. If it was the truth or a fact, then you should refer us to some statistics somewhere - a book, a website, etc.

It is your duty to prove your 'truth', it's not ours to prove you wrong.
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Dede1(m): 1:32am On Aug 27, 2012
Katsumoto:

On Nigerian history, you take your ar.se whopping regularly, why do you want to make it worse by attempting Yoruba history?

The British never engaged Oyo or Ibadan. In fact, After the Ijaiye war in 1862, Ogunmola (the Balogun) took a British slave (Edward Roper) and demanded 200 kegs of gun powder as ransom. Despite British attempts to negotiate his release, it would take the British pleading to the Alaafin Adelu, who in turn pleaded with Ogunmola before Roper was released.

The British only engaged Yoruba forces on a couple of occasions and on both occasions, the objective wasn't to subdue but to relieve. Since you believe you know the history, can you tell us where these battles were held. Despite the fact that the British were in lagas for decades, they never moved beyond Ikorodu or Epe into Ogun. They would only move into the hinterland after the treaties of 1893 were signed ending the Yoruba civil war.

Second, You stated that the British whooped the Alaafin; can you tell us where and when?

Sometimes, I can not believe certain proclamations you profoundly make on this forum. I do not know which group is more pathetic than other, you or the delusional juju musicians. British stepped into the carnage to save Yoruba race from total destruction not only from the external forces but internal ones. Please do not arrogate any sense of relevance to yourself by insinuating the British government engaged Yoruba in a fight. Would British engage people whose large numbers were hiding under the rock?

Wars such as Mugbamugba, Kanla, Eleduwe and Owu had claimed many Alaafin(s) and numerous Oba(s). Some of the Oba(s) even died as refugees. It is funny you cited the handiwork of gbomogbomo to validate your cock and bull fairy tales about a missionary named Edward Roper.

I guess you could equally tell the undiscerning onlookers the essence of Olumo Rock with respect to decimated Yoruba society as a result of unbearable pressure from external forces.
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Katsumoto: 2:31am On Aug 27, 2012
Dede1:

Sometimes, I can not believe certain proclamations you profoundly make on this forum. I do not know which group is more pathetic than other, you or the delusional juju musicians. British stepped into the carnage to save Yoruba race from total destruction not only from the external forces but internal ones. Please do not arrogate any sense of relevance to yourself by insinuating the British government engaged Yoruba in a fight. Would British engage people whose large numbers were hiding under the rock?

Wars such as Mugbamugba, Kanla, Eleduwe and Owu had claimed many Alaafin(s) and numerous Oba(s). Some of the Oba(s) even died as refugees. It is funny you cited the handiwork of gbomogbomo to validate your cock and bull fairy tales about a missionary named Edward Roper.

I guess you could equally tell the undiscerning onlookers the essence of Olumo Rock with respect to decimated Yoruba society as a result of unbearable pressure from external forces.

Your attempts at obfuscation never work with me and you know that.

You stated that the British defeated the Alaafin (Oyo) and I challenged you to provide facts about the engagement. Instead you provided words that had little to do with your original points. Why did you state some of the wars that the Oyo fought? Were they fighting the British? You then went further talking about Olumo rock. Were the people of Abeokuta uusing Olumo rock as a defense protection system against the British?

The questions were simple and direct.
1. When and where did the British engage the Oyo?
2. When the British engaged Yoruba forces, which forces did they engage and where?
3. Did the British subjugate Yoruba forces? If so, where?

I provided an anecdote about an Ibadan warrior, Ogunmola, taking a British slave to demonstrate that even then, the British did not use force to subjugate the Ibadan or Oyo.

I correctly stated that the British only moved into Yoruba hinterland after the treaties in 1893 were signed.

1 Like

Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by amor4ce(m): 3:41am On Aug 27, 2012
The Igbo who have been posting comments to mock Yoruba religious tolerance are probably Diala (freeborn). These people try to portray the Yoruba in bad light but maintain silence about the skeletons in their home. The Diala discriminate against the Osu (dedicated to 'gods') who discriminate against the Ume - proof of vicious religious intolerance in Igboland. There is also the Ohu. For proof, kindly read this article from Sun newspaper:

Apartheid among Igbo people

I typed it out as I could not find an online copy; an attempt at hiding intra-Igbo discrimination from the world?

1 Like

Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by kaykad: 9:24am On Aug 27, 2012
From all said and done something remain constant "Muslim"
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by johnie: 10:33am On Aug 27, 2012
JK Randle hands over building to mosque

January 5, 2012 by Kunle Falayi

Renowned accountant, Jaiye Randle, has handed over a one-storey building located at 14, Bashorun Street, Ikoyi, Lagos, to the leadership of the Lagos Central Mosque.

While handing over the property on Monday, Randle, a Christian, said that he was fulfilling the wish of his late aunt, Esther Adebakin.

Adebakin was said to have been born into a Christian family but later converted to Islam having adopted the new name, Munirat Muhammed.

Randle said she died 20 years ago and bequeathed the property to the Central mosque in her Will.

“My aunt picked me and someone else who is now late as the executor of her Will. The execution of the Will has been delayed because there was a litigation, which had passed through a High court, Appeal court and Supreme Court for the last 20 years. But the Supreme Court later ruled in favour of the Central Mosque to inherit the property,” Randle said.

He said the bequest was a symbol of the peaceful coexistence between Christians and Muslims of the “good old days.”

Randle said, “Christians and Muslims communities were was so close-knit in those days that we considered it a collective shame if any side failed to accomplish a religious feat like building of mosques or churches.

“When an Islamic cleric, Apalara, was murdered in Lagos in 1953, the whole state shook to its very foundation as if the end of the world has come.

Today, if 100 people are massacred in cold blood in Nigeria, people will go about their normal businesses as if it is part of normal life.”

Randle condemned the activities of Boko Haram, describing them as “signs of end time.”

Baba Adini of Lagos, Sheikh Abdul-Hafeez Abou, who received the property on behalf of the Chief Imam of Lagos, Sheikh Garuba Ibrahim, expressed the appreciation of the community.

He assured the deceased family that the property would be properly maintained and put to use.

http://www.punchng.com/metro/jk-randle-hands-over-building-to-mosque/

Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by johnie: 10:48am On Aug 27, 2012
A call to serve (4)
Wednesday, 23 March 2011 00:00 JK Randle

[b]It is of course common knowledge that virtually every Lagos family has moslems and Christians in almost equal proportion. Hence, we celebrate Christmas and Ramadan with gusto and devotion - as a joint endeavour in recognition of what we inherited from our forefathers. At the risk of sounding immodest, it was Oluyomi McGregor who yesterday thanked me for a donation of N10 million to Holy Cross School (a Catholic School), of which he is the Patron; but the Randles are not Catholics !!

We make it a point of duty not to discriminate. Hence, we have donated similar amounts to Ahmaddiya College (Moslem); The Boys' Scout; Federation of Boys and Girls etc.

Also, my aunt Esther (born and baptized as a Christian) appointed me as her executor and mandated me to hand over her property at 14 Alhaji Bashorun Street, Ikoyi to Lagos Central Mosque. I have handed the property over to Alhaji Garba Akinola Ibraheem who responded by offering prayers for the entire Randle family and supplicating Allah to shower his abundant blessings and limitless mercies on us. We are not entitled to ask for more.
[/b]
By way of digression, permit me to add that [b]sixty years ago the Akerele family house at 123 Bamgbose Street, Lagos was right next door to the Da Silva family house and then the McGregor family house. They were all staunch catholics and remain so till today. However, just across the road from them (on the opposite side of Bamgbose Street) was the Salvador mosque. What was amazing was that owing to the bond of genuine love that existed between the Christians and moslems, whenever a new baby was born to the Akereles; the Da Silvas; or the McGregors the Lemomu (Chief Priest) from the Salvador mosque would send a moslem name "suna" across together with a token sum of five shillings as the name of the new baby!! Under such circumstances, there was no way the Catholics would ever complain about being disturbed by the call to prayers by their moslem neighbours. On the contrary, on a number of occasions when there were disputes among the catholic families - within the Akerele family or within the Da Silva family; or the McGregor family or sometimes Akerele versus Da Silva or McGregor (or vice-versa), it was the Lemomu from the mosque across the road who would be invited to come over and settle whatever the quarrel was !![/b]

Also, the Secretary to Archbiship Leo Taylor (Catholic) was a moslem, Alhaji Jubril Martins. Indeed, when he retired his successor was another moslem - Alhaji L.A.B. Agusto !!

As for the Lagos Central Mosque on Nnamdi Azikiwe it was actually built by Italians (G. Cappa) who were catholics. However, the old mosque was designed by a Christian, Engineer Agbebi who sadly died while on an inspection of the mosque. He fell from the roof.

I also have it on good authority that when the Cathedral Church of Christ was built in the 1920's, the moslem community in Lagos raised a substantial sum to assist their Christian brothers who were confronted with the dire prospects of an uncompleted cathedral. The embarrassment would not have been exclusively for Christians. The entire community rose to the occasion and declared:

"Eko oni baje" !! (Lagos must not be disgraced).

Unfortunately, these days the same slogan has been tainted with mockery by our detractors who are snidely prompting us that while non-Lagosians are harvesting the opportunities that abound in Lagos, the indigenes are idling away and living on past glories.

I am emboldened to add that s[b]ixty years ago there was neither rivalry nor malice between Lagosians and non-Lagosians. I am most grateful to Alhaji Umaru Saro for reminding me that about sixty years ago, his mother (a Lagosian) dragged him early one morning to the shop of the late Chief J. A. Ajao who was then the richest non-Lagosian. Being a hardworking man, Ajao was already open for business at the crack of dawn. However, he was taken aback when Alhaji Saro's mother disclosed her request:

"This is my son Umaru. I want you to pray for him so that one day he too will become as successful and prosperous in business as you, Chief Ajao."

Chief Ajao duly obliged and the evidence of the power of prayers is before us.

Today, Alhaji Umaru Saro is one of the most successful businessmen in Lagos. He is a devout moslem but I have lost count of the number of occasions I have seen him at various churches to celebrate birthdays, marriages, etc. or mourn at funerals with his Christians friends. He is most unassuming and demonstrates all the sterling attributes of Lagosians regardless of his Ilorin, Kwara State connection.
[/b]

I believe it is only appropriate that I should add that it was not uncommon for Moslem families to send their sons and daughters to live with Christian families largely in order to be close to certain primary/secondary schools. Also, both Lady Oyinkan Abayomi and Lady Ayo Alakija took in both Christian and Moslem girls as boarders to be groomed to behave as proper ladies!!

Furthermore, it was not uncommon for Moslems to attend Christian secondary schools where they distinguished themselves by their brilliant performance.

A case in point is that of [b]Justice Teslim Elias, a devout moslem who attended Igbobi College (Anglican/Methodist) where he was an outstanding scholar before proceeding to Oxford University to read law. He became the Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation of Nigeria under General Yakubu Gown and later became the Chief Justice of Nigeria. All the leading Christian schools in Lagos e.g. St Gregory's College; Baptist Academy; CMS Grammar School; St Finbarrs College and Igbobi College have consistently and vehemently denied any discrimination against the admission of moslem students or any overt attempt to convert them to Christianity.

The Alafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi is a Christian who distinguished himself as a boxer while he was a student at St Gregory's College. He remains a great friend of Anthony Cardinal Okogie and often stays with him in Lagos.

I also recall that the goal-keeper of St Gregory's College football team which trounced King's College in 1958 to win the Principal's Cup was Lamidi Albert, who many thought was a moslem going by his name Lamidi (a moslem name).

[/b]In any case, in Lagos Christian versus Moslem has always been a non-issue. Last Friday, the Chief Imam preached a sermon in which he enjoined the congregation to abide by the Koran particularly its emphasis on "ododo" (truth) and "iberu olorun" (fear of God). Last Sunday, Rev Pelu Johnson delivered his own sermon at the Cathedral Church and quoted exactly the same message from the Bible!!

Permit me to mention that about sixty years ago when Dr Ladipo Oluwole, the Chief Medical Officer of Lagos launched a crusade against mosquitoes in order to wipe out malaria, the scourge of the white colonialists, both the native Christian and Moslem community pleaded with the exuberant Dr Oluwole (a foundation student of King's College) to tarry a while otherwise Lagos would become too comfortable for the colonialists who may consequently change their mind about leaving and granting independence to Nigeria!! Being a King's College Old Boy ("KCOB"wink, the eminent doctor got the joke.

I assure you, I am not exaggerating, sixty years ago; you could count the number of "houses with doors in Lagos. The few that had doors kept them wide open in order to let in fresh air. When the doors were locked, it meant that the occupants were out. Guess what? They would leave the keys under the foot mat or in the custody of their next door neighbours, just in case their children came home from school early or unexpected visitors turned up.

I do also recall that whenever my father, Chief JK Randle, my cousin late Adeyinka Majekodunmi and I went to Onikan Stadium to watch football matches, the driver would join us as a spectator. The key of the car would be left in the car with the door wide open just in case anyone wanted to move our car out of the way.

Of course, nobody would dare do that now when car-hijacking and armed robbery have become the order of the day.

As an illustration of the quality of life in Lagos and the transparent honesty of Lagosians, I am tempted to share with you an event that occurred in 1952. Adeyinka and I were shopping for shoes for Christmas. Our cousin Moji kept the money in her wallet while we tried several shops on Broad Street - Bata; Lennards; Kingsway Stores; UTC, etc. and back to Bata. After we had decided on the shoes we wanted, and it was time to pay, it turned out that Moji had lost her wallet containing the money my father had handed over to her. She was in tears. The sales lady amazed us by confidently assuring us that the wallet would be found. All we needed to do was to report the loss to the Central Police Station and St Paul's Church, Breadfruit - both on Broad Street so that whoever found the wallet would be able to contact the owner. In the meantime, she packed the shoes into cardboard boxes and handed them over to us. She did not bother to ask for our address. It was sufficient to let her know that my father's name was Chief JK Randle.

Anyway, true enough the wallet was found by the side of the road and handed over to the policeman on duty at Central Police Station who in turn informed the nearest church - St Paul's Breadfruit. The police did not seize or steal the money. The contents of the wallet were intact when it was returned to the rightful owner.

The real tragedy of Lagos is that we are being seduced by the boastful claim to being a "mega-city" regardless of the evidence before us - squalor, poverty, despair, wickedness, ruthlessness and absolutely no moral authority to distinguish between what is wrong and what is right. It is what you can get away with and even if you are caught you can always bribe your way through. Even if the city is mega, the people have become mini. We may have wide streets but they are no compensation for narrow minds and licentious perfidy.

We should be thankful to "Daily Sun" newspaper for its wake-up call on February 15 2011:

http://businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/analysis/columnists/19360-a-call-to-serve-4
http://businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/analysis/columnists/19696-a-call-to-serve-5

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Dede1(m): 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2012
Katsumoto:

Your attempts at obfuscation never work with me and you know that.

You stated that the British defeated the Alaafin (Oyo) and I challenged you to provide facts about the engagement. Instead you provided words that had little to do with your original points. Why did you state some of the wars that the Oyo fought? Were they fighting the British? You then went further talking about Olumo rock. Were the people of Abeokuta uusing Olumo rock as a defense protection system against the British?

The questions were simple and direct.
1. When and where did the British engage the Oyo?
2. When the British engaged Yoruba forces, which forces did they engage and where?
3. Did the British subjugate Yoruba forces? If so, where?

I provided an anecdote about an Ibadan warrior, Ogunmola, taking a British slave to demonstrate that even then, the British did not use force to subjugate the Ibadan or Oyo.

I correctly stated that the British only moved into Yoruba hinterland after the treaties in 1893 were signed.

I can not apologize if you misconstrue my statement in the previous posts. You and I know that British would not waste time flogging already death horse. The Yoruba and Oyo Empire were masterfully drubbed by the Fulani Caliphate and Yoruba warlords who were inherently treacherous.

Against the backdrop of your usual delusional post that British took over Yoruba land through series of treaties, I posited it was due to pitiful drubbing the Oyo Empire and Yoruba received from Fulani Caliphate and turncoats among Yoruba in Illorin Emirate and Oyo Empire too. I do not have to spell every statement in detail to you even though I have wrongly assumed you were holding the right end of the historical facts.

British had already moved into Yoruba land before 1893. In fact, Yoruba land had been declared the Protectorate of British Empire before 1893. In addition, the boundary between Oyo Empire and Benin Empire was decided by the British.

It is unfortunate you found certain ecstasy with the handiwork of gbomogbomo such as Ogunmola, an Ibadan warlaord. I did not expect anything good since you and follow Yoruba peeps regarded loudmouthed Benjamin Adekunle as a competent field commander.
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Katsumoto: 1:39pm On Aug 27, 2012
Dede1:

I can not apologize if you misconstrue my statement in the previous posts. You and I know that British would not waste time flogging already death horse. The Yoruba and Oyo Empire were masterfully drubbed by the Fulani Caliphate and Yoruba warlords who were inherently treacherous.

Against the backdrop of your usual delusional post that British took over Yoruba land through series of treaties, I posited it was due to pitiful drubbing the Oyo Empire and Yoruba received from Fulani Caliphate and turncoats among Yoruba in Illorin Emirate and Oyo Empire too. I do not have to spell every statement in detail to you even though I have wrongly assumed you were holding the right end of the historical facts.

British had already moved into Yoruba land before 1893. In fact, Yoruba land had been declared the Protectorate of British Empire before 1893. In addition, the boundary between Oyo Empire and Benin Empire was decided by the British.

It is unfortunate you found certain ecstasy with the handiwork of gbomogbomo such Ogunmola. I did not expect anything good since you and follow Yoruba peeps regarded loudmouthed Benjamin Adekunle as a competent field commander.

All these dribbling and you can't fail to answer simple but direct questions. LMAO grin grin grin

Dede1, just answer the questions.
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Akiika: 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2012
@Afam4eva and @Desola, are you guys for real? must you bicker ignorantly? neither of you have any verifiable proof to back up your claim so zip it!
@Dede1, pls. think before you hit the keyboard, you're simply not objective. You arguements are always sentimental rather than logical.
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Dede1(m): 7:14pm On Aug 27, 2012
Akiika: @Afam4eva and @Desola, are you guys for real? must you bicker ignorantly? neither of you have any verifiable proof to back up your claim so zip it!
@Dede1, pls. think before you hit the keyboard, you're simply not objective. You arguements are always sentimental rather than logical.

I have no use for logical falsehoods as you and other Yoruba peeps have demonstrated on this forum. If I did not know better than the junks such as a prose allegedly written by Lt Col Francis Fajuyi in a bid to die with Ironsi, I have thought twice before hitting my keyboard. Only a bloody deceit will claim that British did not declare what was known as Oyo Empire its Protectorate before 1893.

By the way, I do not give a hoot if my arguments were more basically sentimental than logical. In my book, debates are both sentimental, logical and in some cases illogical.
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by tintingz(m): 10:29pm On Aug 27, 2012
Tesiday: @Ishmael, both male and female of these two religion do get married. The point is more often than not,muslim ladies who married christians do change,most of the time. While most of the christians who marry muslims don't, they still continue going to church. Most don't,eve if they marry an Imam or Emir,go to Makkah 10 times or whatever,more often than not,they won't change.
lie! My mum is born an anglican christian married to my muslim dad...she converted to Islam went for hajj never go to church on sundays execpt an invitation party from her family then she and my dad will go...same to my elder brother married to a cetlestial christian and she embraced Islam...where you see that one you post ...ni bo loti ri eyii
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by dayokanu(m): 10:48pm On Aug 27, 2012
kettykin: I sincerely hope the type of Religous Tolerancein youba land is not the type that was in some Northern states before , during and after the civil war when the middle belters were in a state of dream Utopia when Gowon was in power and Gowon even told the world that Nigeria's Problem was not money but how to spend it meanwhile the Core northern folks were busy consolidating their hold all over the north only for them to give Gowon the boot by 1975.

Bring it to Lagos, i just noticed most of Lagos State Governors and Gubernatorial Candidates are muslims and Tinubu has taken it farther with his ACN winning all the states for muslims, While the Yoruba pastors are busy struggling to be VEEPEE under a Jihadist Buhari even asking , preaching and praying that Jonathan should Resign.

The only Christian Gubernatorial Candidate Funsho Williams was murdered by unknow persons also Bola ige another Christian Titan was murdered too as a minister, Apart from Mimiko the iroko is there really any Christian Governor in the south West possibily Ekiti state looks christian.

Well lets fold our hands and see how Far Lukewarmness can take the yorubas

Everyone knows Rabies is the prevalent disease in your family

FYI Mimiko is a Moslem under Labour Party

The ACN candidate in Ondo is a Xtian, ACN governor in Ekiti is a Xtian

Between 2007 and 2011 Oyinlola, Daniels, Akala were all Christian governors in the SW

Maybe you can tell us why all Igbo Governors are ashamed of the Native names they only Bear MARTIN Elechi, SULLIVAN Chime, ROCHAS Okorocha, THEODORE Orji and PETER Obi. Why are Igbo governors ashamed to bear Nduka, Obinna, Emeka, Ndubusi etc

1 Like

Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Desola(f): 11:02pm On Aug 27, 2012
Akiika: @Afam4eva and @Desola, are you guys for real? must you bicker ignorantly? neither of you have any verifiable proof to back up your claim so zip it!

You either make your point and supply proof to back it up or your shut your trap hole.

Just keep moving...
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Olaone1: 11:10pm On Aug 27, 2012
Iyalode
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by gfay: 9:06pm On Aug 29, 2012
Desola:

You can differ all you like - it's your human right.
Thanks Desola, You are a Darling smiley
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by Mc4larin: 9:09pm On Dec 07, 2014
kunlekunle:
in my home town,
there was a church situated on a street, 20 meters away from it, there was this mosque and almost opposite the church a shrine and by the shrine a joint.
there was never a clash.

Please, are you from Imota?
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by cjrane: 9:15pm On Dec 07, 2014
[size=14pt]Yes,
Yoruba is number one in treachery and back stabbing aka: "Amala and ewedu politricks"
[/size] grin grin grin grin
Re: Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? by tpiadotcom: 1:36am On Apr 10, 2015
probably.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Would‘ve Fired Diezani If I Were President – Atiku / 2019: Aggrieved APC, PDP Leaders Begin Merger Talks / APC Thugs under Police Protection Unleash Violence on Residents of Agbaji, Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.