Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her (25523 Views)

Ladies, 10 Signs A Guy Will Sleep With You When You Visit Him / 8 Signs That Show A Guy Will Eventually Become An Irresponsible Husband / A Guy I Like Seems To Be Ignoring Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 10, 2013
It's more than necessary, done within reason of course, not necessarily playing hard to get but rather being more guarded
Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by Youngpo413: 6:27pm On Jul 10, 2013
phazotron: rubbish!I'm not a very patient person wen it comes to things lyk this.

so you expect them to fall easily for you?just like that?
To me,I think they are doing the right thing.
Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2013
ikechukz: Why do girls think that ignoring a guy that likes them and who they might also be attracted to will make him more interested.It's just stupid when you call a girl,she doesn't answer and doesn't call you,you ask her out she gives you excuses,you talk to her and she acts as if you are pestering her when indeed she likes you back and always think about you.
Do any of you guys find it interesting or just annoying.

How do you know she likes you when she is ignoring you? Doesn't make sense.
Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 10, 2013
Yeah, back then wen I call a girl and she's doing all that trash, I keep pursuing her and usually get her but right now, I really dnt av time for all that drama. I call u, u dnt pick, I dnt call u again. I want a girl who knows what she wants. Stupid silly mind games. If you're playing hard to get then I dnt really want to get u.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 10, 2013
If I don't call you back the same day or a day later, it means only one thing: I'm not interested!!! If you continue calling, I will consider you annoying, very annoying. That's me! On the other hand, if I am interested, I'll let you know. Games are for kids. So don't bother if I don't call back, have seen the number on my display and ignored it for a reason.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by dmcdad: 11:00pm On Jul 10, 2013
ikechukz: Why do girls think that ignoring a guy that likes them and who they might also be attracted to will make him more interested.It's just stupid when you call a girl,she doesn't answer and doesn't call you,you ask her out she gives you excuses,you talk to her and she acts as if you are pestering her when indeed she likes you back and always think about you.
i actually find it interesting because I do it more than they do... God know say I know send anybody. I'd rather remain single as I am than take shit from anyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by tpia5: 3:38am On Dec 16, 2013
kids.

Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by tintingz(m): 6:17am On Dec 16, 2013
•••
Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by zeongeon: 9:50am On Dec 16, 2013
Its because they enjoy clocking 40 years and then runing from one church to another in search for a husbAnd

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by khiaa(f): 7:10am On Aug 25, 2014
Nastyclown: If you cant put up with a lady's pride then find a hooker. tongue

What the hell do pride have to do with it. That is more like false pride (pretending).

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by dmcdad: 7:15am On Aug 25, 2014
khiaa:

What the hell do pride have to do with it. That is more like false pride (pretending).
Exactly!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by khiaa(f): 12:24am On Sep 11, 2014

Because that is how you men taught your women to behave. If a girl shows you interest you lable her easy and cheap, if she ignores you, she's playing hard to get, she's a fake. She's damned if she do and damned if she don't. You men made your bed now lay in it. Change your mentality. THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX. cheesy
Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by khiaa(f): 12:37am On Sep 11, 2014
Nastyclown: If you cant put up with a lady's pride then find a hooker. tongue
Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by 100Cents: 7:51am On Sep 11, 2014
DukeNija: Because some girls don't have class. But on the other hand maybe she's just not interested undecided

And she later tells you she was seriously interested. .
Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by Vado(m): 9:17am On Sep 11, 2014
khiaa:

Because that is how you men taught your women to behave. If a girl shows you interest you lable her easy and cheap, if she ignores you, she's playing hard to get, she's a fake. She's damned if she do and damned if she don't. You men made your bed now lay in it. Change your mentality. THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX. cheesy

Lol, you ladies keep hammering on guys thinking you are cheap blah blah. That's a myth tbh, truth is most of us don't even think that way. What that unnecessary fronting subconsciously create in our brains is the urge to want to get back at ya for debasing our ego during the wooing phase through your shitty acts.

Not saying you should sell yourself short, a lil fronting at the initial phase is cool but when you overdo it, even though you actually like the guy just to make the poor fella feel lowly, his only agenda becomes vengeance. Reason for the subsequent "he used and dump me story".

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by khiaa(f): 9:30am On Sep 11, 2014
Vado:

Lol, you ladies keep hammering on guys thinking you are cheap blah blah. That's a myth tbh, truth is most of us don't even think that way. What that unnecessary fronting subconsciously create in our brains is the urge to want to get back at ya for debasing our ego during the wooing phase through your shitty acts.

Not saying you should sell yourself short, a lil fronting at the initial phase is cool but when you overdo it, even though you actually like the guy just to make the poor fella feel lowly, his only agenda becomes vengeance. Reason for the subsequent "he used and dump me story".

I'm sure you are applying this to your (Nigerian) women which I am not and I have no problem approaching a man that I am attracted to, but that's neither here nor there.

How can you say to the ladies that their perceptions of men calling them cheap and easy if they return their feeling to their pursuers is a myth if they hear it over and over again from you men on this very board?
Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by dmcdad: 10:09am On Sep 11, 2014
Vado:

You are right I must say... And they also forget that "different strokes for different folks".

I believe there should be a reasonable extent in making a guy wait while you front. You don't apply the same formula to all, because all men (women alike) are not the same. What works with Mr A, might most certainly work with Mr B, but might not work at all with Mr C. There should be a reasonable line between frontin and acting cheap. I don't think there is any reasonable guy out there that wants girls to be as cheap as cheap can be. On the other hand, every guy out there understands the nature of women (to front). If this can be achieved reasonably, then what is the bone of contention? The problem is that like you righly pointed out, these girls over-do it, sometimes even to guys they like. And if for any reason the guy fails to hold on, they tag him as Mr not-right. They expect every guy out there to hang on while they make their stunts.

The truth is, people generally are different. Personally, I don't play the waiting game. I give a space of maybe around a week or thereabouts, and if she doesn't act accordingly, then it's goodbye. Now, some girls misquote this with the saying "if you know what you want, you will blah blah blah. Forgetting that every guy out there can't be as patient as a dog. I know my worth as a guy, and it makes me feel like WTH is this person feeling like.

There are guys that would wait for as much as a year or more to make a girl succumb to their proposals. Yet, when they finally have these girls, they treat her the same way they would treat her if she had agreed from the get go, and even worse.

My point here is, it's not every guy that can play the waiting game. Also, it's not every guy that is cut-out for the hard-to-get game. Personally, I am not very enthusiastic approaching a girl because I sometimes feel no need for it. And if you decide to play the hard-to-get card with me, then you must be on a long thing.

So girls, just be real with your feelings. That's all!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by Vado(m): 10:37am On Sep 11, 2014
khiaa:

I'm sure you are applying this to your (Nigerian) women which I am not and I have no problem approaching a man that I am attracted to, but that's neither here nor there.

How can you say to the ladies that their perceptions of men calling them cheap and easy if they return their feeling to their pursuers is a myth if they hear it over and over again from you men on this very board?

I have no knowledge of guys curving ladies who returned their feelings to them on this board probably because I haven't spent a lifetime here. I mean for a feeling to be returned, one must have been sent right? If indeed such happened, the fella is simply a time-wasting priick. That being said, primitiveness is the only reason a dude would still hold such perception in 2014. My point, this is not a popular view.

Aside: are you trying to insinuate that nigerian girls/women have that obsolete mentality? grin
Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by khiaa(f): 10:48am On Sep 11, 2014
Vado:

I have no knowledge of guys curving ladies who returned their feelings to them on this board probably because I haven't spent a lifetime here. I mean for a feeling to be returned, one must have been sent right? If indeed such happened, the fella is simply a time-wasting priick. That being said, primitiveness is the only reason a dude would still hold such perception in 2014. My point, this is not a popular view.

Aside: are you trying to insinuate that nigerian girls/women have that obsolete mentality? grin

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you I even argued the point that this is 2014 and the men and women should get out of that 1814 mentality. When I said I have no problem introducing myself to a man I was attracted to and holding a conversation with him, they saw me as cheap and easy and someone not to take seriously. You can see it on the thread,
Why Is It Difficult To Woo A Guy On Nairaland
Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by Vado(m): 11:08am On Sep 11, 2014
khiaa:

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you I even argued the point that this is 2014 and the men and women should get out of that 1814 mentality. When I said I have no problem introducing myself to a man I was attracted to and holding a conversation with him, they saw me as cheap and easy and someone not to take seriously. You can see it on the thread,
Why Is It Difficult To Woo A Guy On Nairaland

I think there are subtle ways a lady can go about showing signs and encouraging a brother and still not losing her self-esteem in the process. If it's meant to be, it will beautifully be. I like your logic.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by Vado(m): 11:10am On Sep 11, 2014
dmcdad:
You are right I must say... And they also forget that "different strokes for different folks".

I believe there should be a reasonable extent in making a guy wait while you front. You don't apply the same formula to all, because all men (women alike) are not the same. What works with Mr A, might most certainly work with Mr B, but might not work at all with Mr C. There should be a reasonable line between frontin and acting cheap. I don't think there is any reasonable guy out there that wants girls to be as cheap as cheap can be. On the other hand, every guy out there understands the nature of women (to front). If this can be achieved reasonably, then what is the bone of contention? The problem is that like you righly pointed out, these girls over-do it, sometimes even to guys they like. And if for any reason the guy fails to hold on, they tag him as Mr not-right. They expect every guy out there to hang on while they make their stunts.

The truth is, people generally are different. Personally, I don't play the waiting game. I give maybe a space of maybe around a week or thereabouts, and if she doesn't act accordingly, then it's goodbye. Now, some girls misquote this with the saying "if you know what you want, you will blah blah blah. Forgetting that every guy out there can't be as patient as a dog. I know my worth as a guy, and it makes me feel like WTH is this person feeling like.

There are guys that would wait for as much as a year or more to make a girl succumb to their proposals. Yet, when they finally have these girls, they treat her the same way they would treat her if she had agreed from the get go, and even worse.

My point here is, it's not every guy that can play the waiting game. Also, it's not every guy that is cut-out for the hard-to-get game. Personally, I am not very enthusiastic approaching a girl because I sometimes feel no need for it. And if you decide to play the hard-to-get card with me, then you must be on a long thing.

So girls, just be real with your feelings. That's all!

Exactly, you with me man.
Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:32am On Sep 11, 2014
I dont think they do it just to make you long for them.
Remember,girls are like little kids and sometimes they dont even know what they are doing.
Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by khiaa(f): 11:33am On Sep 11, 2014
Vado:

I think there are subtle ways a lady can go about showing signs and encouraging a brother and still not losing her self-esteem in the process. If it's meant to be, it will beautifully be. I like your logic.

Introducing yourself to someone you are attracted to is not losing your self esteem, it takes a very confident woman to do that. Somehow they confused having a conversation with throwing yourself at him, go figure.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by Vado(m): 11:56am On Sep 11, 2014
khiaa:

Introducing yourself to someone you are attracted to is not losing your self esteem, it takes a very confident woman to do that. Somehow they confused having a conversation with throwing yourself at him, go figure.

You are kinda right. Initiating a convo doesn't translate to throwing oneself at a guy though. It needn't be too forward like "hey my name is A & I would like to know you" lol. Sound conversations with a fine chemistry between the two often naturally take the "I just sent you a PM route"

I can't speak for all but I fancy a lady who knows what she wants. Diff strokes for diff folks nonetheless.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by dmcdad: 12:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
Vado:

Yeah... I like her view. Like I stated some two years ago when a thread of such emanated, there is absolutely nothing wrong with instigating the move (at least to me). But my advise to our sisters is that, in order not to be considered as cheap, and for you to be treated rightly as deserved by you, then they should be careful as to whom they express their feelings to as alot of guys both here on NL and off NL are kids. Kids not in age but in their thinking and views. So, she might be doing something as fair as approaching a man and starting a convo, but these set of kids with low mentality would not see it in positive light.

So sister, carry on with your logic and ideology as regards this, but be careful on whom you do such with because not all have the necessary maturity to cope with such action.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by dmcdad: 12:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by amiskurie(m): 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
freshdude2: You think that's pride? More like a lady's foolishness. Mature minds don't have time for such games. How come she doesn't have that same 'pride' when she's cresting 35?
Now I get it.

grin

Loosing pride at 35 is normal for women,but how come they never keep it till they turn octogenarians?
Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by Afroconnect: 1:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
If a girl forms for me,I diss her and deletes her number-its so old school and dumb to form-especially these money hungry Naija ladies.

So many white ladies I talk to are free and original but Naija criminal minded dumb girls go dey form onto nothing-with their soiled pu-ssy wey old men dey take play.

Niaja girls are full of ego when they are so cheap,just spend some cash dey go dey smile like clowns.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by dmcdad: 2:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
Afroconnect: If a girl forms for me,I diss her and deletes her number-its so old school and dumb to form-especially these money hungry Naija ladies.

So many white ladies I talk to are free and original but Naija criminal minded dumb girls go dey form onto nothing-with their soiled pu-ssy wey old men dey take play.

Niaja girls are full of ego when they are so cheap,just spend some cash dey go dey smile like clowns.
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by nnamdizen(m): 3:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
freshdude2: You think that's pride? More like a lady's foolishness. Mature minds don't have time for such games. How come she doesn't have that same 'pride' when she's cresting 35?
#Gbagam Gbagam Gbagam Gbagam Gbagam!!!
Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
No time to check time .... babes yapa!
Re: Why Do Girls Think Ignoring A Guy Will Make Him More Interested In Her by jbash: 10:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
cindyrella:
#Gbagam!
as in eh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Today Is My Last Day On Earth / Man Exposes Men Plotting To Destroy Women’s Future Via Sex, Pregnancy / Marriage Proposal Without A Ring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.