Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,085 members, 7,821,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Marriage Proposal Without A Ring - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Proposal Without A Ring (25536 Views)

This Lady Did All These To Her Man And Still Got A Ring! (photo) / Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by adaeze123(f): 11:21am On Nov 17, 2013
Do you guys think its necessary for a guy to propose with a ring. Please give your suggestions....
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Enegod(m): 11:38am On Nov 17, 2013
The ring is just a symbol the sincerity of
the proposal is what matters and
accepting should have nothing to getting a ring.

7 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Danhumprey: 12:01pm On Nov 17, 2013
Enegod: The ring is just a symbol the sincerity of
the proposal is what matters and
accepting should have nothing to getting a ring.
. Exactly!!!!! The ring doesn't matter to a large extent. So much hype over a meaningless object. angry angry angry angry angry

7 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 17, 2013
Danhumprey: . Exactly!!!!! The ring doesn't matter to a large extent. So much hype over a meaningless object. angry angry angry angry angry
Agreed its just a ring.
But proposing to a girl for marriage, is not something you do everyday, you plan for it. Its smetn special, that God willing, you won't ve d opportunity to do it again. So it doesn't make any sense not getting a ring. I mean how much will it cost?
IMO proposing w/o a ring is not a proposal... If not their won't be a need for wedding rings.

17 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Danhumprey: 2:03pm On Nov 17, 2013
gcfr.com:

Agreed its just a ring.
But proposing to a girl for marriage, is not something you do everyday, you plan for it. Its smetn special, that God willing, you won't ve d opportunity to do it again. So it doesn't make any sense not getting a ring. I mean how much will it cost?
IMO proposing w/o a ring is not a proposal... If not their won't be a need for wedding rings.
So,because it is a once in a life time opportunity,you have to propose with a ring,right? Becos you won't have the chance to do it again,you have to worry and give yourself headache and hypertension just to get a ring,a mere object without any clear signifcance,in order to propose to your partner?

Well,that's your choice and opinion and I respect it. My opinion is different. I can't bother myself with getting a ring just to propose. No! I can't force you to accept my opinion.

6 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 17, 2013
Danhumprey: So,because it is a once in a life time opportunity,you have to propose with a ring,right? Becos you won't have the chance to do it again,you have to worry and give yourself headache and hypertension just to get a ring,a mere object without any clear signifcance,in order to propose to your partner?

Well,that's your choice and opinion and I respect it. My opinion is different. I can't bother myself with getting a ring just to propose. No! I can't force you to accept my opinion.
lol Danny take it easy.
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Danhumprey: 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2013
gcfr.com:
lol Danny take it easy.
I'm taking it easy! I'm being easy. I just get mad and angry when people make it look like a mere ring is of significance when proposing to somebody they want to marry. To me,the ring is of no clear significance.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by UyiIredia(m): 4:53pm On Nov 17, 2013
I don't think it necessary. One of many societal constructs which we like to think we can't live without.
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Allwility: 8:33pm On Nov 17, 2013
No, it is not necessary. A ring is just another piece of jewellery. What matters most is the sincerity and love between both partners.
For those gals dreaming of prince charming and diamond studded rings, FYI Prince Williams dont even have a wedding ring.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by jmoore(m): 9:28pm On Nov 17, 2013
I won't propose with a ring.

Not necessary.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by nonsoyoungprof: 11:21pm On Nov 17, 2013
my dear dnt allow dem to cripple or confuse u with dis there blabla talk ....tell d guy to go and get a ring even though na #100 naira own....it means a lot.....wen a guy says it doesn't mean....l guess something must be smelling fishy

13 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 18, 2013
nonsoyoungprof: my dear dnt allow dem to cripple or confuse u with dis there blabla talk ....tell d guy to go and get a ring even though na #100 naira own....it means a lot.....wen a guy says it doesn't mean....l guess something must be smelling fishy
I tire o.
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by HisRib(f): 8:03am On Nov 18, 2013
adaeze#123:
Do you guys think its necessary for a Guy to propose with a ring. Please give your suggestions....

I can't believe this man proposed without a ring. Who does that?

Every woman deserves to have an engagement ring. If he can't afford it, he shouldn't be thinking of marriage in the first place.

Sweetheart, my advice to you is, call it off and tell him you want a ring & if he won't give you one, go find another man who will have enough love and respect for you to give you one.

Him not having a ring is NOT a good sign. Just think of all the other things he will disregard once you guys are married. RUN while you can!

12 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by jmoore(m): 8:09am On Nov 18, 2013
Queen of the rings. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by HisRib(f): 8:13am On Nov 18, 2013
jmoore: Queen of the rings. cheesy grin

I hope you weren't taking a shot at me!?
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by UjSizzle(f): 8:15am On Nov 18, 2013
Yes, it's very necessary.

Engagement rings are are given as a symbol of the promise of marriage, eternal love etc.

It's more or less like making a deal with someone. In the business circle, a deal is sealed with a handshake; in issues of marriage, it's sealed with a ring.

Some have substituted rings for other items like bracelets, necklaces, even shoes(!) and others deviate from the usual diamond rings to rubys. There's nothing wrong with that if you aren't into tradition, but every deal must be sealed with something.

So men, while proposing pls have a care and get her a darn ring.

10 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by jmoore(m): 8:17am On Nov 18, 2013
HisRib:

I hope you weren't taking a shot at me!?

A man can give a lady an engagement ring and she will wear it for 10 years.

Introduction should be the focus.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by HisRib(f): 8:20am On Nov 18, 2013
jmoore:

A man can give a lady an engagement ring and she will wear it for 10 years.

Introduction should be the focus.

Just give her a darn ring. Stop with the cheapness. I feel bad for the women who will marry you people. Sad tings!

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 18, 2013
It's over necessary sef. It show's the extent of your commitment to the said lady. Any proposal without a ring should be taken as a joke. More like ordinary hot air coming out his mouth like any other normal day.

6 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by jmoore(m): 8:28am On Nov 18, 2013
HisRib:

Just give her a darn ring. Stop with the cheapness. I feel bad for the women who will marry you people. Sad tings!

Why u dey vex? I am not a white man, you don't expect me to adopt every tradition of the white people.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by UjSizzle(f): 8:31am On Nov 18, 2013
sexkillz: It's over necessary sef. It show's the extent of your commitment to the said lady. Any proposal without a ring should be taken as a joke. More like ordinary hot air coming out his mouth like any other normal day.
Please teach your brothers. I think globalization is becoming a curse angry

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by babe4chi(f): 8:35am On Nov 18, 2013
Seriously! Some guys here re jus funny!!!
Hw cn a man propose to a lady witout a ring! That proposal won't be taken serious... Giving her a ring shows commitment!
Haba! Na wa to sm guyz...

Sexkilz,u jus said it all...

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by HisRib(f): 8:36am On Nov 18, 2013
jmoore:

Why u dey vex? I am not a white man, you don't expect me to adopt every tradition of the white people.

You see ignorance! Since when is giving your girl an engagement ring a "white man" thing? This has to be the most ignorant thing I've heard all day.

Africans always belittling themselves and giving others credit for things they don't even deserve. Next thing you're gonna say is, wearing a "wedding dress" is a white man thing too. So the woman should just come to her wedding in every day attire.

The ignorance is astounding. Na wa for naija oooo!

6 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 18, 2013
jmoore:

"stop with the cheapness" case closed.
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by jmoore(m): 8:39am On Nov 18, 2013
Without ring means cheap, huh?
smh

It is a personal choice. Not everyone watches Hollywood

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by HisRib(f): 8:43am On Nov 18, 2013
jmoore: Without ring means cheap, huh?
smh

Yes! Without ring = cheap, unthoughtful, inconsiderate, unprepared, cold, unromantic, disrespectful, immature, I could go on for days, but I'm sure you get the point. :-)

8 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by HisRib(f): 8:46am On Nov 18, 2013
jmoore: Without ring means cheap, huh?
smh

It is a personal choice. Not everyone watches Hollywood

Please! Hollywood ain't got nothing to do with this. Admit you're a cheap negroid and call it a day.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by UjSizzle(f): 8:46am On Nov 18, 2013
*face palm* Some men sha undecided

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by jmoore(m): 8:47am On Nov 18, 2013
HisRib:

Yes! Without ring = cheap, unthoughtful, inconsiderate, unprepared, cold, unromantic, disrespectful, immature, I could go on for days, but I'm sure you get the point. :-)
No wonder many ladies are tied down with the ring for years.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by jmoore(m): 8:48am On Nov 18, 2013
HisRib:

Please! Hollywood ain't got nothing to do with this. Admit you're a cheap negroid and call it a day.

Insults, huh?

I am not a graduate of insultology, I won't condescend to that level.
You can go ahead with your insults.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by HisRib(f): 8:50am On Nov 18, 2013
jmoore:

Insults, huh?

Where's the insult? Negroid? No, that's another word for Negro.
Re: Marriage Proposal Without A Ring by babe4chi(f): 8:50am On Nov 18, 2013
HisRib:

GBAMEST!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Wofai Fada Hot In "Wonder Woman" Themed Bikini / Kim Kadashian, Goes Viral On Unclad Photo’s, Even After 3 Kid’s / My Girlfriend Of 3 Months Is Cheating.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.