Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC (11295 Views)

NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   / NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff / Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by Pukkah: 6:02am On Aug 27, 2012
The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission has said power generation will drop by 300 megawatts after rainy season and this will partly cancel the improvement in electricity supply experienced recently in some parts of the country.

While answering questions during a recent e-conference on power sector reforms, organised by Spaces for Change, a human rights organisation, the Chairman of the NERC, Dr. Sam Amadi, said the recent improvement had been due to repairs of some power plants and high water volume occasioned by the rainy season.

Amadi told the moderator of the e-conference, Zainab Usman, of the International Crisis Group, Brussels, that it was unrealistic to expect more than 5000MW by December.

He urged Nigerians not to be too hopeful about the recent improvement, stating that a massive haulage of power will come in the near future.

“The current improvement in generation is because of repairs on plants which resulted in the recovery of lost capacity, and of course, the rise in rainfall has helped us to recover about 200 to 300MW lost during the dry season.

“We have over 20000MW of licensed power. If we succeed in creating a market that allows for these licensees to get to bankability for their projects, then we are home and dry. So, we should not invest much hope on this small improvement.

“The key thing is to let Nigerians know that although in the next eight months or so, we may not see a major haul of new power, in the subsequent eight months, we will make significant and sustainable progress,” he said.

Amadi noted that the capacity building embarked upon by NERC was yet to yield results in terms of improvement in power generation and distribution.

Amadi also noted the bane of the power sector has been corruption, which had continued to undermine the investments made in the sector.

He said, but for corruption, the National Integrated Power Project initiated by the Olusegun Obasanjo administration would have provided at least an additional 5000MW of power.

Amadi also reiterated that the prepaid meters were to be distributed to customers free of charge.

“Meters are no longer to be paid for by customers. That is the law. But practice may be different in many different places. Please refuse to pay for meters and report anyone who asks or collects money for meter to NERC and Economic and Financial Crimes Commission,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/electricity-will-drop-by-300mw-after-rainy-season-nerc/
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by Nobody: 6:05am On Aug 27, 2012
We know this before!
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by Kobojunkie: 6:08am On Aug 27, 2012
Na wa ooo!!
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by homerac7: 6:57am On Aug 27, 2012
He said, but for corruption, the National Integrated Power Project initiated by the Olusegun Obasanjo administration would have provided at least an additional 5000MW of power.

this part is what i hv always pointed out to people, against d brazen lies being peddled about by d fooolish 40 laptop group dt GEJ magically pulled off electric power increase within 2+ yrs of his tasteless, colourless and odourless rule. only a simpleton believes dt mega-projects as power plants and systems r planned, financed, constructed and fired at capacity under 3 yrs. na soup?

15 Likes

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by adewasco2k(m): 7:38am On Aug 27, 2012
This is no news because we know this already
------------------------------------>>>NEXT

1 Like

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by ujchief(m): 7:51am On Aug 27, 2012
So all those songs about improved electricity were cosmetics?

9 Likes

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by Demdem(m): 8:10am On Aug 27, 2012
So the so called little achievement the Retardeen has recorded so far is dependent on rain. na wa ooo

15 Likes

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by Super1759: 8:19am On Aug 27, 2012
So, this man is trying to say that its rain and water that determines the betterment of power supply. So other countires that have steady power get water pass naija

Why this man wan pour sand for GEJ garri sef. Mchewww
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by slimdiggi: 8:32am On Aug 27, 2012
And some peeps were already singing Gej's praises...virus will destroy those laptops IJN

21 Likes

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by Neoviper147: 8:38am On Aug 27, 2012
homerac7:

this part is what i hv always pointed out to people, against d brazen lies being peddled about by d fooolish 40 laptop group dt GEJ magically pulled off electric power increase within 2+ yrs of his tasteless, colourless and odourless rule. only a simpleton believes dt mega-projects as power plants and systems r planned, financed, constructed and fired at capacity under 3 yrs. na soup?

[size=14pt]Guy, na bad belle dey worry you. Go gutter go purge it out.[/size]
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by SamMilla1(m): 8:39am On Aug 27, 2012
What happens to all the praise songs we have been writng and singing for Bart Nnaji and GEJ?
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by Agiliti(m): 8:39am On Aug 27, 2012
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by ukpaku: 8:43am On Aug 27, 2012
nawa oo. So the power generation is temperal for now,make they fine way to permanent the generation or reduce the tariff in conjuction wit the droping in generation. I no even get transforner for my area self
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by browncool(m): 8:46am On Aug 27, 2012
Keneking: We know this before!
You are right on point, What I do not understand is why would the government depend on a country that is the biggest supplier of generators to our country to come fix electricity problems? I guess your answer is as good as mine.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by miteolu(m): 8:47am On Aug 27, 2012
I AM WAITING FOR A YEAR OF UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY BEFORE COMMENDING NERC crazy EFFORT

1 Like

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by lafuria1(m): 8:48am On Aug 27, 2012
every lagosian should know this for a fact. there is always steady power supply during the raining season. last year, i witness 14 days 0f uniterrupted power supply , 24/7. when its dry season, the story is different. so no diiferent as well this year. if they can sustain this power supply during the dry season then kudos to GEJ.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by nasty45(m): 8:49am On Aug 27, 2012
Wetin pain me be say i waste my time open ds thread to read am like say de go suprise me...i thought they were usin gas also?

1 Like

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by Biggyd2: 8:51am On Aug 27, 2012
The truth, finally! grin

1 Like

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by dedeike: 8:53am On Aug 27, 2012
Pukkah:

He urged Nigerians not to be too hopeful about the recent improvement, stating that a massive haulage of power will come in the near future.

“The current improvement in generation i[b]s because of repairs on plants[/b] which resulted in the recovery of lost capacity, and of course, the rise in rainfall has helped us to recover about 200 to 300MW lost during the dry season.

/

Ignorance is very bad. I wonder whether some of us just bother to read through topics before jumping to advertise our illiteracy on this forum.
The current capacity is 4,477 megawatts. Shiroro and Kainji hydro contributes 300 MW to the national grid.
There's going to be a drop definitely when rainy season stops but d drop won't exceed 300 Mw as AMADI said.
If you minus 300mw from existing 4,477 mw , it still leaves you with above 4,000 MW.
How is this so difficult to understand?

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by airfinance(m): 8:53am On Aug 27, 2012
Devil will punish ths people for all the nonsense. Nigerians have been subjected to many traumatic situation owing to their deceit and high level of corruption. We need to take and occupy nigeria before the nation goes in total destruction.
E Gbami O: 1. Crude Oil production/day - 2.5M barrels
2. Current Price = $113/barrel
3. Daily Sales = 2.5M x 113 = $282.5million
4. Monthly Sales = 282.5M x 30days = $8.475billion
5. Yearly Sales = $8.475billion x 12 = $101.7billion
6. Naira Equivalent = 101.7billion x #160 = 16.272trillion naira per year.
7. Nigeria's budget for 2012 = 4.5trillion naira.
Now d question is: Where is d surplus going?!
Analysis by Femi Falana (Lagos lawyer/Activist on Channels Tv).
PLS USE UR FREE SMS TO PASS ON THIS ENLIGHTENMENT ON TO OTHER NIGERIANS 4 US 2 FIGHT 4 FREEDOM FRM ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL BONDAGE.
1Share
Gej has worsen the and improvished the lives of nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by Gonzaga1010(m): 8:54am On Aug 27, 2012
Ok

1 Like

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by airfinance(m): 8:55am On Aug 27, 2012
Devil will punish ths people for all the nonsense. Nigerians have been subjected to many traumatic situation owing to their deceit and high level of corruption. We need to take and occupy nigeria before the nation goes in total destruction.
PLS USE UR FREE SMS TO PASS ON THIS ENLIGHTENMENT ON TO OTHER NIGERIANS 4 US 2 FIGHT 4 FREEDOM FRM ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL BONDAGE.
1Share
Gej has worsen the and improvished the lives of nigerians..

1 Like

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by killuminati(m): 8:55am On Aug 27, 2012
Na jeje I dey wey dem tell me talk say our power don improve due to proper gas supply for PHCN. Now dem don bring another tory come.

I neva type dis sh!it finish sef dem don cho the light..... grin Na wa Ooo

Fresh Air Jor!

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by airfinance(m): 8:56am On Aug 27, 2012
1Share

1 Like

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by chucky234(m): 8:57am On Aug 27, 2012
The power situation in my neighbourhood has been very terrible,I have maintained here over the last few months that this government has achieve nothing in the power sector but people who knows nothing about power generation are always quick to defend GEJ and Barth.
How can any man in his right senses applaud a govt that spent billions of dollars in 24 months to generate mere 1000MW,South Africa spend quarter of what GEJ spent on power annually yet generates 45,000MW and some dumb lappy group will come out to say otherwise.
What a clueless govt......

1 Like

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by jmaine: 9:01am On Aug 27, 2012
As usual, the perennial cynics are busy mastvbating over nothing . . . .

the improvement people are assenting to has spanned over 2 months now and the stability is different from the experience of the past

The improvement is largely due to improved gas supply made available by team GEJ . . .

Is this our first ever rainy season and why is the improvement largely different and more stable than previous years . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by scholes23(m): 9:01am On Aug 27, 2012
if they like, let dem drop it by 1million MW, afta all we've been used 2 stayin without nepa. B4 nepa started dis der unsual development, if u come 2 my estate u'll think that nepa is workin wellm not knowin dat its d handwork of our 1 & only gen sets. .
So let them do their worst, we're ready 4 dem
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by leixinai: 9:02am On Aug 27, 2012
I guess your answer is as good as mine.[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/iPhone.gif[/img]
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by CeaserB: 9:03am On Aug 27, 2012
[size=19pt]Hmmm...GEJ So Na Temporary Repair Work Wey U Do For Power Make You Dey Beat Your Chest Like Gorilla! angry
This Zoologist With Him Monkey Business Government undecided
Thank God For "I Pass My Neighbour" Generator grin[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by chucky234(m): 9:03am On Aug 27, 2012
dedeike:

Ignorance is very bad. I wonder whether some of us just bother to read through topics before jumping to advertise our illiteracy on this forum.
The current capacity is 4,477 megawatts. Shiroro and Kainji hydro contributes 300 MW to the national grid.
There's going to be a drop definitely when rainy season stops but d drop won't exceed 300 Mw as AMADI said.
If you minus 300mw from existing 4,477 mw , it still leaves you with above 4,000 MW.
Where did you get your 4,477MW from? What we have in distribution is below 4000MW and you are celebrating your daftness already,what do you know about power generation and can you tell me how much money the govt has spent in the past 24 months just to generate 1000MW of electricity that you are celebriting?
Take a day off google and analyse real life situations,haba open your brain and eyes na.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by jmaine: 9:04am On Aug 27, 2012
dedeike:

You just have to pity most of them

1 Like

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by gbadexy(m): 9:05am On Aug 27, 2012
Okay, I like this amadi man.
And I have praised jonah! Surely this man is full of deception and cannot be trusted.
Why were they giving us an impression that they were even going to hit 5000 MW in some months time when even the small improvement was temporary due to rain.
The electricity has gone to an all time worst now in my area at surulere and ogba where I work.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

3 Female Suicide Bombers Killed In Gwoza / 2023: Opposition May Take Over If APC Fails To Manage Its Crisis - Buhari / Senate Considers Climate Change Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.