Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC (11297 Views)

NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   / NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff / Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by jpphilips(m): 4:11pm On Aug 27, 2012
airfinance: E Gbami O: 1. Crude Oil production/day - 2.5M barrels
2. Current Price = $113/barrel
3. Daily Sales = 2.5M x 113 = $282.5million
4. Monthly Sales = 282.5M x 30days = $8.475billion
5. Yearly Sales = $8.475billion x 12 = $101.7billion
6. Naira Equivalent = 101.7billion x #160 = 16.272trillion naira per year.
7. Nigeria's budget for 2012 = 4.5trillion naira.
Now d question is: Where is d surplus going?!
Analysis by Femi Falana (Lagos lawyer/Activist on Channels Tv).
PLS USE UR FREE SMS TO PASS ON THIS ENLIGHTENMENT ON TO OTHER NIGERIANS 4 US 2 FIGHT 4 FREEDOM FRM ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL BONDAGE.
1Share

i doubt if this bull came from Femi falana himself or someone is posing as femi circulating this clap trap.

16.272 trillion is generated from oil alone. 40% goes to royalties (oyibo that help you extract the oil,don't think that Shell and co came here to watch television)

Nigeria is left with 60% of the lot.

to guarantee that 60%, another 10% goes to security (Nigerian army,Nigerian Navy and militants)
leaving the nation with 50%, another 13% goes to states that produce the oil leaving the federal with 37%.

this 37% is split among federal, state and local governments at 52%, 26% and 20% respectively,

PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO FALANA TO GET A GRIP ON HIS POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC MALNUTRITION

1 Like

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 27, 2012
dedeike:

Ignorance is very bad. I wonder whether some of us just bother to read through topics before jumping to advertise our illiteracy on this forum.
The current capacity is 4,477 megawatts. Shiroro and Kainji hydro contributes 300 MW to the national grid.
There's going to be a drop definitely when rainy season stops but d drop won't exceed 300 Mw as AMADI said.
If you minus 300mw from existing 4,477 mw , it still leaves you with above 4,000 MW.
How is this so difficult to understand?

My friend shut ur pie-hole! Go find out how many Megawatts places like South Africa and Brazil are producing, then come back and try to bamboozle us with ur rubbish Mathematics.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 27, 2012
rhymz: Is it just me or did anyone notice that either the reporter or Amadi tried so hard to give the impression that afterall JEG has not achieved anything in the power sector. The report made it look like it was a Hoax.
As far as I am concerned, the language used in this report is manipulative and intentional, Amadi prolly never conveyed the information the way this reporter did. I suspect some sinister motive here to discredit Jonathan's effort.
If we have 4477megawatts of Electricity, how can the NERC chairman then submit that a 300megawatts drop will cause a significant drop in supply? Why was he so bent on making readers come off with a pessimistic feeling about the improvements? I suspect foul play in this report. And by the way, there is no how the hydro power plant will lose all its generation just because there will be a drop in water level after the raining season that argument is weak and unrealistic. There is too much embelishment and perssimistic exaggeration in this report that has dent the credibility of this report, only a credulous cretin will not see the handwriting on the wall here.

When total Output is approximately 4500MW, it doesnt take Rocket Science to help you figure out that a loss of 300MW will create a significant (negative) impact.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by chucky234(m): 4:55pm On Aug 27, 2012
rhymz: which investor in their right mind will take a nonentity like you seriously? You are even lucky they did not ask you to go and $hit. . Lol
See mumu yapping about alternative power generation like he knows what it means or entails, ode.. . . Muhehehehe
You think everyone out here are fool like you,I don't believe in Anonymity because I can defend whatever I say anywhere unlike you who hide behind a hole to claim e-lord,check my profile for my pic m0ron.
Mentioned names of two companies and I expected you to carry out DD to find out from the companies if they know who Chuck but instead you chose to sell your stupi:dity in public,I have all the docs used for the NNDC/Sure King Petroleum Corp partnership.
I am not even sure if you know anything about power generation,you are yet to make any meaningful contribution to the subject you were asking who is better between myself and Barth.
I repeat your Prof. Barth spend far more on power annually than SA and Brazil combined yet achieved just 1,200MW while Brazil spent half of what he spent to achieve 10,000MW to bring there total generation capacity to 100,000MW,so who is the fo0l here?
You are besotted.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by rhymz(m): 5:07pm On Aug 27, 2012
kingoflag:

When total Output is approximately 4500MW, it doesnt take Rocket Science to help you figure out that a loss of 300MW will create a significant (negative) impact.
can you please explain how an estimated 300megawatts drop will take us back to the former era when we could hardly sustain a mere 2500megawatts?
Besides, 300megawatts is just an estimated drop not actual drop. There is no how hydro-power plants with combined capacity of 300megawatts will lose all its generation just because there is a drop in water levels at the dams. The water only provides propelling force on the fins of the turbine which in turn rotates ammature or magnetic core connected to the wheel driven by the turbine. All the plant needs is propelling force, if there is a water level drop then the propelling force of course will reduce which of course will reduce the revolution of the magnetic core carrying wheel; if the total output of the power plant is say 300megawatts, its production will reduce as a result but it does not stop anyway. So why is everyone assuming the whole 300megawatts will be lost just on the basis of water level reduction?
Besides, most of the plants that have contributed the to the national grid production are gas powered.
You guys should tone down on the exaggerations jare. As I speak I still enjoy steady power in my own part of lagos just like in most part I have visited as well. People should be magnanimous enough to admit there is a sincere effort here, shikena!
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by chucky234(m): 5:10pm On Aug 27, 2012
rhymz: hahahahaha. . .OMG!!!
What a clown! So your best contribution to Nigeria are all these failed attempts? Muhehehe. . What else did you do for Nigeria that failed, LIED?
You know one good thing about the internet, anyone can be anything so long as you maintain your anonymity.
Imagine a riff-raff like yourself making spurious claims to intimidate people that are way informed and intelligent than you. I laugh in South Korea language, see monkey wey wan claim levels for NL. You prolly think I am one of your usual averages ekwa?
Imagine an intellectual pretender like you referring me to your numerous petty posts that lack coherence and sensible arguments, why will I want to read the nonsense from a loser like yourself.
I find it funny that you ignorantly used the statement, "the last time I checked" to refer to my contributions to Nigeria. . Muhehehe. . Last time you checked where na, O boy you know me anywhere besides this virtual NL space? Or you just wanted to sound fancy and scholarly to the point of making a joke out of yourself.
By the way, cursing, insulting, trolling and making ignorant posts here on NL does not mean you are bright, my dear. What you have been doing since your recent activities on NL politics section is trolling on every thread in this section and making incoherent rants all over the place. That five people replied to your inflammatory posts only to scold and repremand you only shows how moronic your many posts have been. Almost everyone here is scolding and making minced meat outta your ignorant a$s.
Bad enough, even well known !d!ots like Kobojunkie that NL has turned delusional can't seem to understand the crux of your useless arguments.
I will tell you what few of my contributions to Nigeria and NL have been:
1. I have succeeded in making a minced meat out of your ignorant a$$ so other commentators know not to take you seriously when you howl and bark your ignorance like an animal
2. I have succeeded in exposing empty noisy urchins like you that think that trolling every thread in the politics section is the next best way to getting popular and spreading propagander.
With these expositions I have helped Nigerians to recognize arguments with substance from unintelligent nonsense that slowpokes like you spew here on NL.
Now compare our contributions to Nigeria and see who has made more impact, you the slowpoke or me, your superior.
You must be high on something cheap,you dumbly think I give poo about anonymity,ask the many Nlanders who have met me in the past three years.
I don't give a shi:t about who or what you are,I can meet you in your wretched kitchen room because Iam a true Nigerian with a big heart.
I have met many Nlanders in their houses and offices,so if you think I said that because of anonymity then you mistaken because I can bring the fight to your fuc:king bedroom.
If you think you a thing or two about power generation then come down so we debate this and see how far you can go with your combobulated brain,do you have any idea how the power generation system work?
Or you think its one plus one equals two,I said Prof. Barth Nnaji has done nothing to justifies the billions of dollars he has spent in the power sector and expected you to challenge on that but like the goon you are chose to display your daftness to the world. Mumu go kill you,ode-olodo rabata.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by Americasman(m): 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2012
rhymz: can you please explain how an estimated 300megawatts drop will take us back to the former era when we could hardly sustain a mere 2500megawatts?
Besides, 300megawatts is just an estimated drop not actual drop. There is no how hydro-power plants with combined capacity of 300megawatts will lose all its generation just because there is a drop in water levels at the dams. The water only provides propelling force on the fins of the turbine which in turn rotates ammature or magnetic core connected to the wheel driven by the turbine. All the plant needs is propelling force, if there is a water level drop then the propelling force of course will reduce which of course will reduce the revolution of the magnetic core carrying wheel; if the total output of the power plant is say 300megawatts, its production will reduce as a result but it does not stop anyway. So why is everyone assuming the whole 300megawatts will be lost just on the basis of water level reduction?
Besides, most of the plants that have contributed the to the national grid production are gas powered.
You guys should tone down on the exaggerations jare. As I speak I still enjoy steady power in my own part of lagos just like in most part I have visited as well. People should be magnanimous enough to admit there is a sincere effort here, shikena!

The rains are coming to an end. We shall know who is telling the truth. For now, I am neither for or against. I'd rather save my breath!
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by Americasman(m): 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2012
jp philips:

i doubt if this bull came from Femi falana himself or someone is posing as femi circulating this clap trap.

16.272 trillion is generated from oil alone. 40% goes to royalties (oyibo that help you extract the oil,don't think that Shell and co came here to watch television)

Nigeria is left with 60% of the lot.

to guarantee that 60%, another 10% goes to security (Nigerian army,Nigerian Navy and militants)
leaving the nation with 50%, another 13% goes to states that produce the oil leaving the federal with 37%.

this 37% is split among federal, state and local governments at 52%, 26% and 20% respectively,

PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO FALANA TO GET A GRIP ON HIS POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC MALNUTRITION

you have not added the money the govt gets from importation, the 5%vat and the taxes. How are these calculated, 60%:40%?
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by Americasman(m): 5:58pm On Aug 27, 2012
rhymz: can you please explain how an estimated 300megawatts drop will take us back to the former era when we could hardly sustain a mere 2500megawatts?

This guy is enjoying govt patronage. He has to say something to set his neck. Will your mom cook soup and you say its not delicious? Lets give this guy a break.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 27, 2012
Thank God the man said the bitter-truth
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by takedat(m): 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2012
jmaine:

In your bid to scream, you ended up saying nothing . . . .You can't twist the obvious cos it doesn't suit your wishes and desires for sour news

i repeat to your listening ear that Yar Adua abandoned most of OBJ salient initiatives for reasons best known to him . .and in the Nigerian democratic settings, the President solely calls the shot . .

GEJ should and must be commended for taking it upon himself to see to the completion of those abandoned NIPPs, and also initiating the rejuvenation of our dilapidated existing power plants

No one is pulling anyone down except saying it the way it is and the way it should be

Am sure your one of those blatant hypocritical species, who will equally shower galatic, praise worship sessions on Fashola, for improving upon already existent structures and master plans

Do better next time please
stop being deceitful and am not buying your pull me down syndrome.Governance is a continous thing,each successive governent build on previous legacies.So dont discredit others just because you want to make a case for someone
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by Sharexgold(m): 7:17pm On Aug 27, 2012
Hhmmm.......!
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by emcemayo: 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2012
yeah kpa !!! So this igadun wey we dey for olodi go soon stop! The God wey start am go am sustain 4 us. I dey gbadun nepa now o!
97/100
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by trutalk77: 10:54pm On Aug 27, 2012
airfinance: E Gbami O: 1. Crude Oil production/day - 2.5M barrels
2. Current Price = $113/barrel
3. Daily Sales = 2.5M x 113 = $282.5million
4. Monthly Sales = 282.5M x 30days = $8.475billion
5. Yearly Sales = $8.475billion x 12 = $101.7billion
6. Naira Equivalent = 101.7billion x #160 = 16.272trillion naira per year.
7. Nigeria's budget for 2012 = 4.5trillion naira.
Now d question is: Where is d surplus going?!
Analysis by Femi Falana (Lagos lawyer/Activist on Channels Tv).
PLS USE UR FREE SMS TO PASS ON THIS ENLIGHTENMENT ON TO OTHER NIGERIANS 4 US 2 FIGHT 4 FREEDOM FRM ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL BONDAGE.
1Share
Whats is the cost of production per barrel or it is free. We need to remove the cost of production from the sales to get the profit. It is the profit that you have to spend. So Femi Falana should give us the production cost before we pass on dis enlightenment
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by Ethnan: 11:39pm On Aug 27, 2012
Ladies and gentlemen, there are several valid points we have raised in this thread but we don't need to submit to the lower instincts and raise abuses on one another in driving home our points.
A few public facts about power and other issues:
1. More than $10bn dollars spent since OBJ was in power,exact amount not known.
2. Standards help for easy decision,which is the reason why we would generally believe the info of a prof in Engineering than a street boy who claims he knows better than all the profs in that field
3.Power generation is lower from hydro stations during dry season for obvious reasons
4.There is a minimum required propelling force before turbines can begin to generate anything substantial at all.
5.Looting of oil wealth is not today's story,how many of us are really ready to fight the battle.Imagine federal govt decide to really take it out on the oil marketers who threatened to go on nationwide strike recently,how many of us will hold up and stand with the govt if there are no fuel anywhere?

Just in case,anyone here needs some good inverter or other alternative power solution,i would recommend these guys,simply professionals,knows what they are doing! http://www.hisystems.com.ng
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by jmaine: 1:27am On Aug 28, 2012
take dat: stop being deceitful and am not buying your pull me down syndrome.Governance is a continuous thing,each successive governent build on previous legacies.So dont discredit others just because you want to make a case for someone

You came up empty as expected and your post reeks of hypocrisy . . . .Read up your quote and retrace your spiteful and biased criticism of GEJ . . .

P:S =====> When the full dividends of the NIPPs begin to manifest .. . .GEJ name shall be on the lips of Nigerians, an helpless situation for sworn critics like you
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by freebloke: 1:35am On Aug 28, 2012
See wetin 9ja governmenti don turn him citizen to... Citizen 4 other countries dey henjoy power and notin concern dem wit mega watts yle we own na 2 dey follow and helep governmenti count mega watts.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by dedeike: 3:01am On Aug 28, 2012
Dhelake: according to page 14 of saturday
punch .. D Average National
Generation (Daily) is still
4,308MW .... one funny tin dat amaze
me wit u is d fact dat u insult pple freely sayin dey are
ignorant, whereas, ur own figures ar
nt correct
I gave you three links to view in proof of my claims. I will reproduce them as follows:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/business/174360-power-generation-hits-4477mw

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/business/57661-electricity-generation-hits-record-4477mw.html

http://newsbreaknigeria.com/news/Nigeria+hits+record+4%2C477.7+megawatts

Now unless you hate truth or detest objectivity or have a phobia for evidence, you will not have problems agreeing to this overwhelming evidence.
I challenge you to debunk the facts with your own links attached, not page 5 or 6 of DHELAKE TIMES which other Nairalanders cannot access.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by rhymz(m): 7:05am On Aug 28, 2012
Americas_man:

This guy is enjoying govt patronage. He has to say something to set his neck. Will your mom cook soup and you say its not delicious? Lets give this guy a break.
this is one of the reasons I don't like debating with stray intellectual cretins like you cos to you and your likes, it all boils down to we against them or Jonathan supporters vs AcN or whoever the Bleep your ignorant self supports.
What will it profit you if the Jonathan administration fails? Would you rather you win your dumb ego boosting argument than see this administration succeed? It goes beyond blind partisan support for me, I want to honestly see Jonathan succeed, yes.
His success will be Nigeria's success. Arguing endlessly with so much unbriddled malevolence for the federal government to the point you want them to fail just so you can be proven right is like cutting one's nose to spite one's face. You need to raise bar of your argument beyond the rhetorics of the pettiness we see everyday ob NL.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by rhymz(m): 8:16am On Aug 28, 2012
chucky234: You must be high on something cheap,you dumbly think I give poo about anonymity,ask the many Nlanders who have met me in the past three years.
I don't give a shi:t about who or what you are,I can meet you in your wretched kitchen room because Iam a true Nigerian with a big heart.
I have met many Nlanders in their houses and offices,so if you think I said that because of anonymity then you mistaken because I can bring the fight to your fuc:king bedroom.
If you think you a thing or two about power generation then come down so we debate this and see how far you can go with your combobulated brain,do you have any idea how the power generation system work?
Or you think its one plus one equals two,I said Prof. Barth Nnaji has done nothing to justifies the billions of dollars he has spent in the power sector and expected you to challenge on that but like the goon you are chose to display your daftness to the world. Mumu go kill you,ode-olodo rabata.
Listen Mr ignoramus, this will be the last time I will pay you any mind unless of course you post like you have got some sense. Stop peddling nonsense you read from blogsites and personal opinions of non-experts, one only has to compare the implemented part of the overall budget to expose the folly in your trite ignorant argument.
You keep quoting billions like it is tissue paper, when did Nnaji come on board, abeg allow those of us that are following development in the sector to educate others that are interested jare through intelligent posts, nobody is interested in your over-bruised ego you trying so hard to treat hear. I care less if you have signed an MOU with America's GE for your death by electrocution, that one na your own palava, if you like beat your chest from January to december, all that bragaddacio only shows how personally inadequate and insecure you are.
You need to get a job and let professionals with far more better knowledge of the system post, your diatribes and off-point rant is messing up the opportunity for others to learn one or two things about the reforms and the privatization process taking place. If you are so pained that people see things differently from you, you could as well calm yourself down into enternal abyss by drinking some Jim Jones kool aids.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by Cupidkc(m): 8:29am On Aug 28, 2012
Please refuse to pay for meters and report anyone who asks or collects money for meter to NERC and Economic and Financial Crimes Commission,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/electricity-will-drop-by-300mw-after-rainy-season-nerc/[/quote]
When a meter goes for 25k...
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by ocelot2006(m): 8:44am On Aug 29, 2012
homerac7:

this part is what i hv always pointed out to people, against d brazen lies being peddled about by d fooolish 40 laptop group dt GEJ magically pulled off electric power increase within 2+ yrs of his tasteless, colourless and odourless rule. only a simpleton believes dt mega-projects as power plants and systems r planned, financed, constructed and fired at capacity under 3 yrs. na soup?

I suggest you read the text you quoted. It is one thing to initiate a number of NIPPprojects which later stagnated/died out due to corruption, and it's another to revive and complete the very same projects. I say kudos to GEJ for the later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Certificate: Lawyer Wants Court To Determine Buhari’s Eligibility / Aisha Buhari Prays At Eid-el-kabir (video) / Oil To Fund 27% Of N7.3tr 2017 Budget - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.