Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,389 members, 7,822,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC (11320 Views)

NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   / NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff / Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by airfinance(m): 9:06am On Aug 27, 2012
dedeike:

Ignorance is very bad. I wonder whether some of us just bother to read through topics before jumping to advertise our illiteracy on this forum.
The current capacity is 4,477 megawatts. Shiroro and Kainji hydro contributes 300 MW to the national grid.
There's going to be a drop definitely when rainy season stops but d drop won't exceed 300 Mw as AMADI said.
If you minus 300mw from existing 4,477 mw , it still leaves you with above 4,000 MW.
How is this so difficult to understand?
Seems you don't know what you are saying
If yu read in between lines you wld knw what the meant by all thse.he also said some areas in the country wld be affected the drop. Can't you get it that they have nothing to offer ,why can't they put measures in place to provide alternatives. Or support. It is only in. Nigeria that you wld see some contributors on comments running their dirty mouth supporting rubbish. Mtsssssssssshhww
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by chucky234(m): 9:07am On Aug 27, 2012
jmaine: As usual, the perennial cynics are busy mastvbating over nothing . . . .

the improvement people are assenting to has spanned over 2 months now and the stability is different from the experience of the past

The improvement is largely due to improved gas supply made available by team GEJ . . .

Is this our first ever rainy season and why is the improvement largely different and more stable than previous years . . . . .
This govt has never been sincere with the masses and will be suicidal for anyone to take the bolded seriously,you also forget that GEJ seek feedbacks from Nigerians on power improvement few days back?
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by Dollarman101: 9:09am On Aug 27, 2012
grin grin grin grin WINCHES don come out to celebrate our loss of 300MW but unknown to them GEJ has recovered capacity through rehabilitation of gas plants and so we still have above 4000 megawatts to fall back on. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by Azumy(f): 9:09am On Aug 27, 2012
miteolu: I AM WAITING FOR A YEAR OF UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY BEFORE COMMENDING NERC crazy EFFORT
keep waitin til d end of tym. Na naija we dey sha anything can happen syndrome givs us real or false hope whch eva one. God dey sha!
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by chucky234(m): 9:11am On Aug 27, 2012
jmaine:

You just have to pity most of them
Clueless and uninformed birds of same feathers will forever flocks together,wonder if you will ever put sentiment aside and fight for this great nation.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by bayusman: 9:13am On Aug 27, 2012
He knows Nigerians want regular power supply. He is working at it. That is why we have crossed 4,400 MW.Reuben Abati
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by kioboy(m): 9:13am On Aug 27, 2012
airfinance: E Gbami O: 1. Crude Oil production/day - 2.5M barrels
2. Current Price = $113/barrel
3. Daily Sales = 2.5M x 113 = $282.5million
4. Monthly Sales = 282.5M x 30days = $8.475billion
5. Yearly Sales = $8.475billion x 12 = $101.7billion
6. Naira Equivalent = 101.7billion x #160 = 16.272trillion naira per year.
7. Nigeria's budget for 2012 = 4.5trillion naira.
Now d question is: Where is d surplus going?!
Analysis by Femi Falana (Lagos lawyer/Activist on Channels Tv).
PLS USE UR FREE SMS TO PASS ON THIS ENLIGHTENMENT ON TO OTHER NIGERIANS 4 US 2 FIGHT 4 FREEDOM FRM ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL BONDAGE.
1Share

ma broda the total sum is shared among federal, states and local government. The burdget u mentioned above is for d federal government which is financed frm their share. I dnt knw d sharing fomular bt u hv to recalculate it wit sharing % to get d rite figure.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by chucky234(m): 9:14am On Aug 27, 2012
Dollarman101: grin grin grin grin WINCHES don come out to celebrate our loss of 300MW but unknown to them GEJ has recovered capacity through rehabilitation of gas plants and so we still have above 4000 megawatts to fall back on. grin grin

Maybe you have SSCE PHCN staff as a friend that has been feeding you with lies just as Barth has been feeding the nation with lies,go back to that your friend and ask him the capacity of power generation currently in distribution then come back to celebrate your daftness once more.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by gambus007(m): 9:15am On Aug 27, 2012
Wonderful country.I love Nigeria my country!Ğoº°˚°ºϑ leaders,selfless leaders,leaders wit focus!chai wat a beautiful con3.anytin can happen in Nigeria.one day monkey go go market e no go return.we can't continue like dis.it will end sumwhere,Ğoº°˚°ºϑ or bad we shall know soon enuff.shameless leaders.sum goats will open dia mouth say gej is doin it.wat has he done?let ur conscience b ur judge.supporter of failure,u shall all fail in life,ur children children will ensurely fail!

1 Like

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by jmaine: 9:19am On Aug 27, 2012
chucky234: This govt has never been sincere with the masses and will be suicidal for anyone to take the bolded seriously,you also forget that GEJ seek feedbacks from Nigerians on power improvement few days back?

It's actually suicidal for peeps to keep arguing over the real & true opinions of peeps largely in overwhelming majority . . .

The encomiums on the improved power supply is largely in the majority and last i heard . .the majority carries the day

When people constantly say ===> We have never had it this good, it goes a long way to inform cynics that this admin and all their efforts are producing something different . .
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by stillme(m): 9:20am On Aug 27, 2012
I talk am.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by BluePinkee(f): 9:20am On Aug 27, 2012
Thank God i neva blivd GEJ's crap abt stable electricity. Bt seriously; wher z Nigeria headin 2 wiv all dis?
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by dedeike: 9:25am On Aug 27, 2012
chucky234: Where did you get your 4,477MW from? What we have in distribution is below 4000MW and you are celebrating your daftness already,what do you know about power generation and can you tell me how much money the govt has spent in the past 24 months just to generate 1000MW of electricity that you are celebriting?
Take a day off google and analyse real life situations,haba open your brain and eyes na.
I know that you have sworn on oath and pledged to distort facts and truth. While I do not begrudge you for hating truth but I owe this forum a duty not to allow you advertise it.
Please open this link and confirm to the world how much ignorant you have been on power generation.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/business/174360-power-generation-hits-4477mw

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/business/57661-electricity-generation-hits-record-4477mw.html

http://newsbreaknigeria.com/news/Nigeria+hits+record+4%2C477.7+megawatts

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by toluxa1(m): 9:25am On Aug 27, 2012
killuminati:
I neva type dis sh!it finish sef dem don cho the light..... grin Na wa Ooo

Fresh Air Jor!

Lair
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by jmaine: 9:27am On Aug 27, 2012
chucky234: Maybe you have SSCE PHCN staff as a friend that has been feeding you with lies just as Barth has been feeding the nation with lies,go back to that your friend and ask him the capacity of power generation currently in distribution then come back to celebrate your daftness once more.

like what lies of Barth can you rightly puncture . . .we are waiting . . . .
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by crackhouse(m): 9:28am On Aug 27, 2012
Hehe, where are those people jumping around, eh?. As for me, this is no news because i already know we are going back to square one. Nigeria Govt is very very predictable.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by thelastPope(m): 9:29am On Aug 27, 2012
These NL opposition crowd are a bunch of bitter clowns! So power goes from 2300MW to over 4430MW and then a 300MW reduction will reduce the improvement back to where we were before? Or is 300MW addition what has caused the nationwide improvement. You guys are really sour grapes who do not wish Nigeria well. Try harder. Clowns!

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by airfinance(m): 9:29am On Aug 27, 2012
kioboy:

ma broda the total sum is shared among federal, states and local government. The burdget u mentioned above is for d federal government which is financed frm their share. I dnt knw d sharing fomular bt u hv to recalculate it wit sharing % to get d rite figure.
My broda I love your illusion on the so called sharing fomular,don't be deceived the sharing fomular is nothing but fraud if you happens know what transpires on daily ,monthly basis in govt. Crude oil is not the only revenue generation forthe govt.how has the fomular improved the lives on ordinary nigerian. Don't be deceived by what you read on their white papers. FRAUD is the name of the Game
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by gbadexy(m): 9:29am On Aug 27, 2012
@dedeike,
I have commented well on your previous post where you listed jonathan's achievement logically, but what you typed here is trash.
You can save the condescending tone for some ignorant people with inferiority complex.
Agreed with your analysis on the 300 MW supplied by both hydro dam, but we are not yet in dry season and even if we remove the 300 from national grid, should that meager amount result into total blackout in many parts of lagos recently according to responses I got from thread I opened yesterday?
Why did the presidency capitalize on the temporal improvement to praise its government and even insinuate that the power would hit 5000MW in some months time. I hope you understand the context the "some" was used.
Even reno omokri started a poll and was using the improvement in power as a major score card to rate this administration.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by toluxa1(m): 9:31am On Aug 27, 2012
kioboy:

Na you get time to dey explain for am. Even common sense should tell him that. Am not saying there is not massive corruption, but for an educated person to come on TV and that rubbish calculation, asking for the remainder when you subtract national budget is laughable.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by chucky234(m): 9:33am On Aug 27, 2012
jmaine:

It's actually suicidal for peeps to keep arguing over the real & true opinions of peeps largely in overwhelming majority . . .

The encomiums on the improved power supply is largely in the majority and last i heard . .the majority carries the day

When people constantly say ===> We have never had it this good, it goes a long way to inform cynics that this admin and all their efforts are producing something different . .

If you think this administration has done well in the power sector then tell me how much money they spent in the last 24 months to achieve so very little then I'll prove to you that they have done worse than the previous administration,remember 80% of the power projects were initiated by OBJ's administration.
So am waiting for you to give me the figure,we can take it from there if you are able the give us the figure spent by Barth and GEJ in the last 24 months to generate 1000MW.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by lightheart(m): 9:36am On Aug 27, 2012
Make we dey fear God dey talk truth sometimes nahhh grin

Ok, the simple thing is compare this year's capacity at this time (July - August) against last year's capacity, same time (July-Aug)

Oya, subtract 300 MW from this year's current capacity and compare again. Which is higher?

The improvement is glaringly obvious!
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by engrj(m): 9:37am On Aug 27, 2012
three gbosa for Nigeria grin
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by toluxa1(m): 9:37am On Aug 27, 2012
thelastPope: These NL opposition crowd are a bunch of bitter clowns! So power goes from 2300MW to over 4430MW and then a 300MW reduction will reduce the improvement back to where we were before? Or is 300MW addition what has caused the nationwide improvement. You guys are really sour grapes who do not wish Nigeria well. Try harder. Clowns!

Clowns indeed. Blind haters.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 27, 2012
Demdem: So the so called little achievement the Retardeen has recorded so far is dependent on rain. na wa ooo
LWKD! GEJ's fans will not like to hear this. I wonder what other "achievement" they will now be using to campaign for him. Kai!
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by chucky234(m): 9:41am On Aug 27, 2012
thelastPope: These NL opposition crowd are a bunch of bitter clowns! So power goes from 2300MW to over 4430MW and then a 300MW reduction will reduce the improvement back to where we were before? Or is 300MW addition what has caused the nationwide improvement. You guys are really sour grapes who do not wish Nigeria well. Try harder. Clowns!
I have no doubt that you are suffering from a rare brain disorder,power goes to over 4430MW? Do you know that what we have in distribution is below 3,500MW? If the total capacity is reduced by 300MW then we are going to be left with say 3,200MW in distribution,now tell me where this govt did miracle after spending billions of dollars.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by crackhouse(m): 9:42am On Aug 27, 2012
Our govt are always quick to taking glory of any small achievement even when it is clear that the achievement will not last long. This people knew the recent power increase is not gonna last long so why rolling out their drums?.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by andre99(m): 9:42am On Aug 27, 2012
Awon oloriburuku, we too sufer for this country. Checking out soon sha, I plan not to marry a Nigerian, I don't want my offsprings to sufer, the money is there but they refuse to solve the problem.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by hassey(m): 9:44am On Aug 27, 2012
D only tin we knw ao to start and finish witout mistake is coruption and fraudulent acts. To me i c no changes cus its bin like dis 4 long nw. Electricity is always fair during rainning season. Imagine sum areas in niger state batle wit electricity suply yet is called power state
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by crackhouse(m): 9:44am On Aug 27, 2012
lightheart: Make we dey fear God dey talk truth sometimes nahhh grin

Ok, the simple thing is compare this year's capacity at this time (July - August) against last year's capacity, same time (July-Aug)

Oya, subtract 300 MW from this year's current capacity and compare again. Which is higher?

The improvement is glaringly obvious!
and how do u know it's gonna be reduced by 300mw only?.
Re: Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC by thelastPope(m): 9:45am On Aug 27, 2012
Currently, there's over 1000MW of power waiting to be deployed as soon as gas is made available. That will take the capacity over the 5000MW mark. So even with a 300MW reduction in the dams, it isn't going to change much. The real goal is 24hrs uninterrupted supply. And that is what the privatised companies will achieve. Submission of bids is on and the winners will be announced by october. That will usher in a whole new power sector. So let the haters keep trying to make noise, it won't change a thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike Meets With Physically Challenged Indigenes Of Rivers State / Biafran Soldiers From Training To War Front. Photos. / Umahi: Buni Remains APC CECPC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.