Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,723 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:06 AM

GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry (16111 Views)

Buhari Should Take Over Power Ministry -melaye / Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL / Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by Makzylopez: 1:35pm On Aug 29, 2012
Following the resignation of the Minister of power, Professor Barth Nnaji, President Goodluck Jonathan has taken over the supervision of ministry of power until substantive power minister is appointed.

Nnaji resigned yesterday due to conflict of interest in the privatisation of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).

According to Sources, President Jonathan took over the direct supervision of the ministry to avoid failures in his promises to deliver stable power supply to the nation.

Power is one of the key programmes in the Transformation Agenda of his administration. Meanwhile, the president's actions shocked everyone rooting to take over the ministry.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/43600-gej-takes-over-power-ministry

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by IjeomaObasi: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2012
They say if you really need to get things done,you need to do it yourself...nice step GEJ.

19 Likes

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by Solemntee: 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2012
haba, does it mean no replacement for nnaji because GEJ cant add dis to his seemingly overburdened schedule. we need another credible person ooo

1 Like

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by gvconcept: 1:47pm On Aug 29, 2012
undecided
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by Boazizzy08: 1:49pm On Aug 29, 2012
Solemn tee: haba, does it mean no replacement for nnaji because GEJ cant add dis to his seemingly overburdened schedule. we need another credible person ooo
It's no problem .if fashola during his first tenure was handling the states education ministry for greater efficiency could achieve his aim,GEJ should fire on.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by IjeomaObasi: 1:54pm On Aug 29, 2012
Boazizzy08:
It's no problem .if fashola during his first tenure was handling the states education ministry for greater efficiency could achieve his aim,GEJ should fire on.
I personally feel that if only power can be addressed before the year runs out,better days lies ahead.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by seunfly: 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2012
When will he take over in MINISTRY OF PETROLIUM, EFCC, NSA ,POLICE, PENSION BOARD, CBN and other agencies and ministries that are even parforming less than minister of power.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:17pm On Aug 29, 2012
Unfortunately this is the only "political" option for GEJ given the crass nature of Nigeria's Power landscape. The Power Infrastructure Framework in Nigeria is balanced, however the composition of the Ministry of Power and its various sub-agencies are either criminally incompetent or there is a deliberate attempt to ensure that Power fails in Nigeria. In highly institutionalized environments, there is a laid-down, tried/tested structure and strategy for power,it may come up with hiccups but there is a strategy to treat it, all we have here is an over-bloated ministry with aging workers and out-dated knowledge and capacity of modern power infrastructure building/management/distribution. GEJ needs to (too late now) build a Power Team around credible global institutions who have done this in similar environments like India and South Africa. He also needs to build a credible backbone to withstand all the political dramas he will face in his new role as Power Minister grin

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by usmanyaro17: 2:19pm On Aug 29, 2012
seunfly: When will he take over in MINISTRY OF PETROLIUM, EFCC, NSA ,POLICE, PENSION BOARD, CBN and other ageecies and ministries that are not even parforming less than minister of power.
Ministers are there to help the President work effectively,the President is the over boss,so no matter how we see everything still comes back to the president's table.Therefore,he is still in charge
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by IjeomaObasi: 2:31pm On Aug 29, 2012
It's not as if power challenges can not be addressed.just that some persons have just been frustrating the sector. let's watch and see what happens next.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by SisiKill1: 2:43pm On Aug 29, 2012
Jack of all Trades

. . . .Master of None!! cheesy cheesy

Oh so now it is. . .if you want something done right, you do it yourself, eh? So at which point is he gonna wear his Rambo garb and single handedly take Boko Haram out?

10 Likes

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by ebamma(m): 2:44pm On Aug 29, 2012
has mr retardeen run out of ideas,or is he just being clueless as usual?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by Kobojunkie: 2:44pm On Aug 29, 2012
Ijeoma Obasi: It's not as if power challenges can not be addressed.just that some persons have just been frustrating the sector. let's watch and see what happens next.

Una no dey shame? Who be the some person that has been frustrating the sector?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by ifeci: 2:45pm On Aug 29, 2012
I hear u jonathan, tk over EFCC join, na now u wan wake up from slumber

1 Like

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by udoka2: 2:46pm On Aug 29, 2012
if only he can achieve JUST this ONE thing for Nigeria... then we are in for good days!
For now, am enjoying reasonable power supply in my area.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:48pm On Aug 29, 2012
I feel for GEJ. He is really surrounded by corrupters.
Nice move anyway.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by alaoeri: 2:48pm On Aug 29, 2012
Oga Jonah don run out of people to trust what a pity.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 29, 2012
Apparently Jonathan will be forced to appoint someone from the same Enugu state that Barth Nnaji comes from, all in the name of "federal character". Maybe he'll be forced to appoint a mediocre.

What a country.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by maigaskiya1: 2:52pm On Aug 29, 2012
ebamma: has mr retardeen run out of ideas,or is he just being clueless as usual?
no 1 reterden tokng
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by SisiKill1: 2:52pm On Aug 29, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa: I feel for GEJ. He is really surrounded by corrupters.
Nice move anyway.
If everybody. . . EVERYBODY around you is corrupt, shouldn't check yourself?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by Charlesnerd: 2:53pm On Aug 29, 2012
Jonathan,can you take over EFCC too?
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by Kobojunkie: 2:53pm On Aug 29, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa: I feel for GEJ. He is really surrounded by corrupters.
Nice move anyway.

What nice move? Wasn't S. Oduah implicated in the subsidy scam? Has that minister been removed? People, learn to give credit to whom it is due, not continue to blindly praise politicians for everything that moves.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by acidtalk: 2:54pm On Aug 29, 2012
This man called JONATHAN is the world's biggest fraudster.
He want to do what OBJ did when he made himself the petroleum minister for 4years.
Now the Financial boom for the main time in Nigeria is the Power sector and not the Oil and Gas so the criminal called Jonathan wants to enrich himself as much as he can and also give licenses to his fellow militant brothers.

Nigerians will you all sit down and watch this criminals loot your future away and your generation yet unborn?
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by Biggyd2: 2:55pm On Aug 29, 2012
What is that GEJ's new advert again? ...Yeah, i have it, "President Jonathan will be the BEST LOVED President in Nigeria ever" and the other one about surprising Nigerians come 2013! Taking over Power Ministry is a First for his government, so maybe his new slogans have started working for him. Time will tell! undecided
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by yomz1e(m): 2:56pm On Aug 29, 2012
i never thought i would say this, but electricity has improved in my area o! and thats Ikotun, but we still dey on rotation , 2 days on- 1 day off. But hopefully it will change.. see Nigeria is getting better gradually, if he takes over and we see improvment why not?
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by dedeike: 2:56pm On Aug 29, 2012
I believe in transformation agenda. I cherish fresh air. I love reforms. I applaud action.
Since Barth Nnaji resigned, I have been wondering whom the cap fits to take over.
My fears are that the wrong person could come to rubbish all the successes recorded so far.

But this news comes as a big relief. Let the president directly supervise the ministry and ongoing privatisation. It will increase transperancy and efficiency.
The electricity unions can now channel their grievances to the president. Let us also see how enemies of the ongoing privatisation will bribe the president and scuttle the process.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by dasparrow: 2:57pm On Aug 29, 2012
@Post

GEJ has run out of credible people who can get the job done. I don't know if GEJ is up to the task though. Does GEJ have any experience in that sector (power sector)? Anyways, good luck to him.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by ifeci: 2:58pm On Aug 29, 2012
Pls Jona appoint Dame Patience, u know she can do multiple jobs at thesame time

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by jmaine: 3:00pm On Aug 29, 2012
acidtalk: This man called JONATHAN is the world's biggest fraudster.
He want to do what OBJ did when he made himself the petroleum minister for 4years.
Now the Financial boom for the main time in Nigeria is the Power sector and not the Oil and Gas so the criminal called Jonathan wants to enrich himself as much as he can and also give licenses to his fellow militant brothers.

Nigerians will you all sit down and watch this criminals loot your future away and your generation yet unborn?

You sounded silly as usual

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FFK Retracts His Tweet Saying Onnoghen's House Was Raided By EFCC / Anambra Election: Court Voids PDP Delegate Elections / Atiku Abubakar Lands In Akure For His Presidential Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.