Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,199 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry (16021 Views)

Buhari Should Take Over Power Ministry -melaye / Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL / Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by thelastPope(m): 4:37pm On Aug 29, 2012
Rhapsody!:

Ijeoma, I want to believe you are an adult. As such talk like one and not a child. We do not have to agree but we should be able to express opinions without resorting to cussing.
I grew up with light. New haven, Enugu. Till today, we do not own a generator (I totally hate them). It was when I left Enugu I understood what blackout is. And even though I now own 2 generators, I still detest them. The noise and air pollution, the fuel cost and its hazards. Right now in ph where I stay, I get not more than 9hrs, from 11pm-7am there about (at least my freezer is a beneficiary if nothing else). I agree there has been 'marginal improvement' from previous months but I always remember my growing up days (and I am talking 24/7 with less than 5% outages in a year). I guess you can understand why I want those days back, I have been spoilt. Having stable power is my right as a citizen. The president and his team should get that done. They are being paid hansomely for the job. I do not subscribe to half bread when the full one is still here on earth, not Mars. Whether GEJ taking over is a good move or not, I truthfully do not know. All I know is that I want this 'marginal improvement' to translate to 'achievement' asap. And not just in power sector btw. That too is my right.

ROTFL! Nigeria, a country of clowns. Ok sir, Mr right, since you were born, how much have you contributed to Nigeria. What have you ever done for the progress of this country? Do you pay regular taxes? Are you patriotic? Do you contribute to your immediate community? If your answer is not Yes, then you have no farking right! The only right you have is to make noise. You better pass basket mouth honestly. LMAO!
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by solomon111(m): 4:38pm On Aug 29, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Jack of all Trades

. . . .Master of None!! cheesy cheesy

Oh so now it is. . .if you want something done right, you do it yourself, eh? So at which point is he gonna wear his Rambo garb and single handedly take Boko Haram out?
pls,what should the president do?
Should he hastily appoint a minister?
You are fond of criticizing,without procuring solution.
It makes you sound like an empty barrel.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 29, 2012
[quote author=thelastPope]
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by ldpele(m): 4:40pm On Aug 29, 2012
Chanchit:
Ashiaraba...! So electricity is none of your biz'? As u run out of this thread, jst keep running till u reach maiduguri..

I think GEJ stepping into dt position is a very good idea, that way, the privatization will be transparent.. That is if Dame no get electricity company, cos this people seem to have company for everything..
bt seriously,wont it b bidders frm 9jai,or will d bidders cme frm heaven? abeg na 9jains go stil own d firms n i dnt av a problem wit dat,so lng as d biddin process is transparent n firms well regulated
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by Rhapsody1(f): 4:54pm On Aug 29, 2012
thelastPope:

ROTFL! Nigeria, a country of clowns. Ok sir, Mr right, since you were born, how much have you contributed to Nigeria. What have you ever done for the progress of this country? Do you pay regular taxes? Are you patriotic? Do you contribute to your immediate community? If your answer is not Yes, then you have no farking right! The only right you have is to make noise. You better pass basket mouth honestly. LMAO!
Opps! I honestly thought this delibration and discussion is for adults not kiddies. Thelastpope, sorry. My bad. It can really be tedious and hard explaining certain things to a child and I am kinda pressed for time right now. Rain check?
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by ldpele(m): 4:59pm On Aug 29, 2012
Rhapsody!:

I think most peeps have not denied that there has been improvement. They are saying it should extend to 24/7 and be sustained. Some peeps are also understandably concerned about what will happen now.
@Ijeoma, well I will 'kele onye agidi', if it was charity. But will expect the best of the agidi if I am paying for it. I acknowledge there has been improvements in power. That is the best I can do right now since he is being paid anyway. A whole lot still needs to be done. May I be pleasantly suprised. And I am disappointed it is coming 2yrs after GEJ assumed power.
we aheadn same directn in our comments bro,bt dat doesnt mke it wrng acknowledgin improvement in d power sector which she did, and i dnt tink she wont or ever 9jain wont b wishn for a 24/7 supply. hwevr sme dnt tend to acknwlegde d IMPROVEMENT which had to do wit certain steps
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by ayox2003: 5:10pm On Aug 29, 2012
I think being the President is enough to give one sleepless nights.

I understand where he's coming from (trust-nobody syndrome) but GEJ should just appoint someone (trustworthy) right-away and do what he promised us during his campaign.

All these distractions will take us back to Babylon.

Frawzey
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by thelastPope(m): 5:18pm On Aug 29, 2012
Rhapsody!:

Opps! I honestly thought this delibration and discussion is for adults not kiddies. Thelastpope, sorry. My bad. It can really be tedious and hard explaining certain things to a child and I am kinda pressed for time right now. Rain check?

Is that all you got? Really? Nah! Am disappointed. I insist you are one of the saboteurs who aint happy the power road map is doing fine and you are willing to lie, bite, scratch, bend over to sabotage the process. You contribute nothing meaningful to Nigeria except your ignorant and mischievous posts on online forums. You are a true enemy of Nigeria and her progress.

The power road map is on course and nothing can change it. You can only try
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by thelastPope(m): 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2012
So who should GEJ trust? You? You mean you reading this now? Nah! I wouldn't trust you with a piece of cake. The best you can do is rant on an Internet forum.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by monkeyleg: 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2012
Chai, the usual story. Instead of looking at the total mess, people are celebration failure. In all my years of following politics in different countries, I just dont understand how the Nigerian animal can see the country totally phucked up and claim there is progress. What is wrong with the country and its love for its demons. What is wrong with critisizing the system as it is, after all a successful country benefits everyone. I just dont get the Nigerian animal, or is it a case of people who JUST DONT KNOW, and are so Ignorant to preoperly functioning governement.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by flexdee(m): 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2012
thelastPope:

So u dnt wnt anybody to ask questions again just because ur boss is on the throne right? Electricity has turned to priviledge for you and not ur right again. Bad mentality.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by ldpele(m): 5:29pm On Aug 29, 2012
thelastPope:

Is that all you got? Really? Nah! Am disappointed. I insist you are one of the saboteurs who aint happy the power road map is doing fine and you are willing to lie, bite, scratch, bend over to sabotage the process. You contribute nothing meaningful to Nigeria except your ignorant and mischievous posts on online forums. You are a true enemy of Nigeria and her progress.

The power road map is on course and nothing can change it. You can only try
take it easy man,i av alway wishd for him to balance issues,,despite he acknowlegde d fact or reality of improvement in d power sector and stil wish to cmpare wit God knwns wat year(24/7 supply @enugu) wont b a gud weighn scale to put d achievement of prof. Barth. so balancin dis issues ll b vry candy,my personal view dou
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by thelastPope(m): 5:31pm On Aug 29, 2012
flexdee:

So u dnt wnt anybody to ask questions again just because ur boss is on the throne right? Electricity has turned to priviledge for you and not ur right again. Bad mentality.

Please can you show me the section in the Nigerian constitution that says electricity is your right? Its a service rendered that you pay for, not your right. Stop being ignorant and educate yourself. What do you contribute to Nigeria? Nothing! That's right except post crap on NL. Why do you expect to reap from a country that you don't sow into? Why? If you give to your country, then you deserve to get back. If you don't give but instead try to sabotage your country, you deserve nothing back. Its that simple. STOP SABOTAGING NIGERIA!
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by Rhapsody1(f): 5:35pm On Aug 29, 2012
thelastPope: So who should GEJ trust? You? You mean you reading this now? Nah! I wouldn't trust you with a piece of cake. The best you can do is rant on an Internet forum.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Quiet an irony.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by thelastPope(m): 5:36pm On Aug 29, 2012
ldpele: take it easy man,i av alway wishd for him to balance issues,,despite he acknowlegde d fact or reality of improvement in d power sector and stil wish to cmpare wit God knwns wat year(24/7 supply @enugu) wont b a gud weighn scale to put d achievement of prof. Barth. so balancin dis issues ll b vry candy,my personal view dou

Bro, I understand your point but let me put it straight to you. There are people as we speak, holding meetings to scuttle these progress. Its not a joke. They want it to fail and are ready to fight dirty to make it fail. They are the ones you see posting all this crap. The PHCN staff would do anything to derail the progress. They are only interested in their belly. I am telling you something serious. We will expose them everywhere we find them. They are saboteurs! That guy is a perfect specimen
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by ldpele(m): 5:36pm On Aug 29, 2012
flexdee:

since ua ryt hasnt been givin to u,wat av u dne bouh it MR RIGHT? Sayn YES to an improvement of power doesnt automaticaly see it to b beleive or presume electricity as a priviledge. pple dey reason sha!!!!!
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by ayox2003: 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2012
thelastPope:

Please can you show me the section in the Nigerian constitution that says electricity is your right? Its a service rendered that you pay for, not your right. Stop being ignorant and educate yourself. What do you contribute to Nigeria? Nothing! That's right except post crap on NL. Why do you expect to reap from a country that you don't sow into? Why? If you give to your country, then you deserve to get back. If you don't give but instead try to sabotage your country, you deserve nothing back. Its that simple. STOP SABOTAGING NIGERIA!

Good question!

Lets start from you. What have you done for this country?

*And dont change the subject pls*

Frawzey
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by Rhapsody1(f): 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2012
ldpele: take it easy man,i av alway wishd for him to balance issues,,despite he acknowlegde d fact or reality of improvement in d power sector and stil wish to cmpare wit God knwns wat year(24/7 supply @enugu) wont b a gud weighn scale to put d achievement of prof. Barth. so balancin dis issues ll b vry candy,my personal view dou
I am a she. Acknowledging the said "marginal improvements" was not an issue. I have maintained that. My point is that the result is still in the slightly improved stage, not the achievement stage. You might need to go through all my posts on this thread to get where I am coming from. I am neither for or against GEJ or Nnaji. Just pointed some mistakes some people make at times is all.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by ldpele(m): 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2012
Rhapsody!:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Quiet an irony.
by laughn without sayn anytin in respect to wat he said gve me a vry negatve impressn bouh u and agent of power improvement
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by ldpele(m): 5:43pm On Aug 29, 2012
Rhapsody!:

by laughn without sayn anytin in respect to wat he said gve me a vry negatve impressn bouh u and agent of power distortn
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by Rhapsody1(f): 5:44pm On Aug 29, 2012
ayox2003:

Good question!

Frawzey
[quote author=ayox2003]

Now that is an answer I am eager to hear. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by samkoro: 5:46pm On Aug 29, 2012
ebamma: has mr retardeen run out of ideas,or is he just being clueless as usual?

RETARDEEN ?! Hmm !! Is that your fathers name ? U seem to like the name so much that you want to impose it ,without baptism.

Why not impose it on yourself,it will definitely work because u ar the son of ur father and you have the same blood.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by ldpele(m): 5:50pm On Aug 29, 2012
thelastPope:

Bro, I understand your point but let me put it straight to you. There are people as we speak, holding meetings to scuttle these progress. Its not a joke. They want it to fail and are ready to fight dirty to make it fail. They are the ones you see posting all this crap. The PHCN staff would do anything to derail the progress. They are only interested in their belly. I am telling you something serious. We will expose them everywhere we find them. They are saboteurs! That guy is a perfect specimen
my bro,dis words of yours are so true. he was able to distinctn btw improvement n achievement bt wont b able to mke a beta measurin scale for this period n new haven 24/7 power supply
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by ayox2003: 5:53pm On Aug 29, 2012
Rhapsody!:
Now that is an answer I am eager to hear. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

He's out!

Cant seem him down there.

I guess he's gone to use Google.

Nigerians and hypocrisy!

Frawzey
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by acidtalk: 5:53pm On Aug 29, 2012
jmaine:

You sounded silly as usual

I won't exchange words with you because you are a 2nd class citizen of this planet.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by Rhapsody1(f): 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2012
ldpele: by laughn without sayn anytin in respect to wat he said gve me a vry negatve impressn bouh u and agent of power distortn
Let me respond to you since you have not degenerated to name calling. I do not know exactly how much my tax was, but its deducted before you get your salary along pension monies. Do you think I have the right to basic amenities which of course I am willing to pay for? I am against blind arguement, whether you are for or against. That is what tends to inhibit constructive critisicim here. GEJ has been on that seat for over 2yrs and I can only boost of 9hrs of light as at date. Is that something to jump on the roof for? No. Has there been improvements at all? Yes, slightly. Am I impressed? Compared with my Enugu days, no. Compared with since this year, well we thank God. And I am also advocating that this improvements should be perfected not just in power sector. I am tired of stories, excuses. I am for results. That will shut up critics.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by 1025: 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2012
hahahahahahahaha, joe joe, na waa. how come you never take over boko haram issue since innocent nigerians have been dying? what about the non existing efcc?
what is a zoologist going to do in the power sector?
you read and know about animals why going to electricity?
abeg, make una tell oga joe say wire dey shock ooo.
now new companies are coming to buy over the sector, money go flow so make him make use of the opportunity like obj did in the petroleum sector for 7 and half years.
we are all aware of those jokes.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by thelastPope(m): 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2012
ayox2003:

Good question!

Frawzey

Thank you very much for the question.

First and foremost, I believe! I am a believer in the future and by believing, I give hope and strength, not despair and gloom. I am sensible enough to know how bad things are but willing to contribute any and every way I can to make it work.

I contribute everyday to society by joining different facets of my community to work towards their betterment. I sensitize people to their rights and sometimes spend my money and time to see them make progress.

I criticize but I don't pull down. I join and engage government at different fora to show them what they are doing wrong and how they must do it right.

I pay my taxes. I participate to clean my community.

I was an ardent follower of the power minister as he progressed in the power road map. I was all over the social media drawing his attention to things I found not rightly done. I applauded him when I saw great initiatives and complained when I saw things I considered not right.
The same way I have followed the former power minister, I have followed the transport, education, agriculture and works ministers. I definitely can't keep up with everyone, but I have done my bit. It is a collective effort

As we speak, I am working on initiatives that will help the country move foward including projects that will help in tracking the works and progress of government at different levels. I won't reveal my projects for now, but you will see them soon, I promise, and you will love them, if you have stopped being a saboteur by then.

I do not like some, abandon my country to go and live in a foreign land. Even when I travel out of this great country, I keep looking around to see what I can learn and bring back home. I do not sit on the couch like a couch potato(like a so called junkie), and type crap from a 24 dollar internet plan just because it is convenient. I have chosen the hard path because I know it is the path with a great story at the end

I know the challenges are much and we have a generation of terrible politicians to deal with, but I also know nothing lasts forever and am willing to fight and scratch if need be to get to the Nigeria of my dream.

I love naija I no go lie, na inside am I go live forever!

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by 1025: 6:14pm On Aug 29, 2012
thelastPope:

First and foremost, I believe! I am a believer in the future and by believing, I give hope and strength, not despair and gloom. I am sensible enough to know how bad things are but willing to contribute any and every way I can to make it work.

I contribute everyday to society by joining different facets of my community to work towards their betterment. I sensitize people to their rights and sometimes spend my money and time to see them make progress.

I criticize but I don't pull down. I join and engage government at different fora to show them what they are doing wrong and how they must do it right.

I was an ardent follower of the power minister as he progressed in the power road map. I was all over the social media drawing his attention to things I found not rightly done. I applauded him when I saw great initiatives and complained when I saw things I considered not right.
The same way I have followed the former power minister, I have followed the transport, education, agriculture and works ministers. I definitely can't keep up with everyone, but I have done my bit. It is a collective effort

As we speak, I am working on initiatives that will help the country move foward including projects that will help in tracking the works and progress of government at different levels. I won't reveal my projects for now, but you will see them soon, I promise, and you will love them, if you have stopped being a saboteur by then.

I do not like some, abandon my country to go and live in a foreign land. Even when I travel out of this great country, I keep looking around to see what I can learn and bring back home. I do not sit on the couch like a couch potato(like a so called junkie), and type crap from a 24 dollar internet plan just because it is convenient. I have chosen the hard path because I know it is the path with a great story at the end

I know the challenges are much and we have a generation of terrible politicians to deal with, but I also know nothing lasts forever and am willing to fight and scratch if need be to get to the Nigeria of my dream.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

uncle, the simplest answer to that question is; TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED. let the one that is asking u what u have done for nigeria stick to the topic. sleeping with all the noises coming from generator sets is so much a sacrifice by a nigerian.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by Singalex(m): 6:26pm On Aug 29, 2012
acidtalk: This man called JONATHAN is the world's biggest fraudster.
He want to do what OBJ did when he made himself the petroleum minister for 4years.
Now the Financial boom for the main time in Nigeria is the Power sector and not the Oil and Gas so the criminal called Jonathan wants to enrich himself as much as he can and also give licenses to his fellow militant brothers.

Nigerians will you all sit down and watch this criminals loot your future away and your generation yet unborn?

Please if U̶̲̥̅̊ dnt ve anytin 2 say kindly go nd have a sit..
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by barikay: 6:29pm On Aug 29, 2012
It is not easiy ooo particularly when u hav people who hv benefited 4rm d corrupt process fighting back. May God giv u d wisdow
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by ayox2003: 6:34pm On Aug 29, 2012
thelastPope:

Do you tell them they have the right to social amenities too? Like electricty ? Cos you're not doing that here.

So does everyone here. Therefore dont criticise any taxpayer cos its their right to demand for good infrastructures.

Just listen to the gibberish you spewed here.

Which hard path? *hisses*

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

AMEN.

You just mesmerized with your keyboard because all you wrote is not different from what typical Nigerians do.

NOTE: I'm not against GEJ at all. But when people air their views, dont totally castigate them.

Frawzey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Cries As She Receives Aisha Buhari's Donated Food Items In Yobe / Photo: Protesters Storm National Assembly Over Herdsmen Killings / President Buhari Still Avoiding Aso Rock Office: 81 Days After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.