Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry (16011 Views)

Buhari Should Take Over Power Ministry -melaye / Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL / Barth Nnaji Resigns (Or Sacked) From Power Ministry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by DAY12(m): 3:00pm On Aug 29, 2012
Smelling Air sad
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by DeGrace01(m): 3:00pm On Aug 29, 2012
Nice one GEJ, I mean good decision. Pls remain focused we are praying that the almighty God will see you thru. Good one, I trust u uncle Jona, carry gooooooo

1 Like

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by miteolu(m): 3:01pm On Aug 29, 2012
Then who takes over GEJ position?
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by yohannazack(m): 3:03pm On Aug 29, 2012
Wat abut defence minister, it is like GEJ has not gotten someone yet. Please his warriors on nairaland, help me tell him i can handle the ministry o. I dont knw i shuld salute his courage. God go help am sha
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by ifeci: 3:03pm On Aug 29, 2012
miteolu: Then who takes over GEJ position?

Dame Patience

1 Like

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by wengerjay(m): 3:04pm On Aug 29, 2012
All we are saying,give us patience jonathan.,all we are saying,give us patiece dame jonathan.Gbam!!
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by dedeike: 3:05pm On Aug 29, 2012
Biggyd2: What is that GEJ's new advert again? ...Yeah, i have it, "President Jonathan will be the BEST LOVED President in Nigeria ever" and the other one about surprising Nigerians come 2013! Taking over Power Ministry is a First for his government, so maybe his new slogans have started working for him. Time will tell! undecided

My brother, thank you for saying the truth even at the risk of being labelled a 40 man laptop member by some paid agents who have sworn an affidavit to deny the visible improvement on power nationwide.
The problem of rotation is caused by the transformer in your neighborhood. The ongoing privatisation of PHCN will take care of the problem if completed.
The new distribution companies and TCN will make sure that the power from national grid gets to you and make profit in return

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by ifeci: 3:06pm On Aug 29, 2012
wengerjay: All we are saying,give us patience jonathan.,all we are saying,give us patiece dame jonathan.Gbam!!

Abeg the woman English will further reduce the Mega watts.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by yohannazack(m): 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2012
Then GEJ must stop travellin abroad fo birthdays, independence, burials etc. And pay attention to power generation as he woks wit namadi sambo been the chair, presidential committee on power.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by ganye1: 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2012
Ijeoma Obasi:
I personally feel that if only power can be addressed before the year runs out,better days lies ahead.
It is unfortunate that Nigerians expectation of their leaders has fallen so low that they view an achievement in a single sector as satisfactory.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by tessyade: 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2012
udoka2: if only he can achieve JUST this ONE thing for Nigeria... then we are in for good days!
For now, am enjoying reasonable power supply in my area.
Exactly what i was about to type. My generator has been on holiday for about two months now.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by ikee(m): 3:09pm On Aug 29, 2012
k
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by ifeci: 3:09pm On Aug 29, 2012
with that snail in charge, get ready for more power outages!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by miky(m): 3:10pm On Aug 29, 2012
well this move makes sense, until he can find someone competent and reliable.. if he had replaced nnaji within 24 hrs, then the latter would have been obvious
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by Biggyd2: 3:10pm On Aug 29, 2012
dedeike:

My brother, thank you for saying the truth even at the risk of being labelled a 40 man laptop member by some paid agents who have sworn an affidavit to deny the visible improvement on power nationwide.
The problem of rotation is caused by the transformer in your neighborhood. The ongoing privatisation of PHCN will take care of the problem if completed.
The new distribution companies and TCN will make sure that the power from national grid gets to you and make profit in return

Are we on the same page here? For the records, I am not and can never be a member of the 40 man laptop. Thanks though for expressing your opinion.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by 2rutalk1: 3:11pm On Aug 29, 2012
When will he take over in MINISTRY OF PETROLIUM, EFCC, NSA ,POLICE, PENSION BOARD, CBN and other ageecies and ministries that are not even parforming less than minister of power.
When will you become tired of complaining about everything? grin
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by ifeci: 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2012
Biggyd2:

Are we on the same page here? For the records, I am not and can never be a member of the 40 man laptop. Thanks though for expressing your opinion.

maybe the guy wan try recruit you, I hear say dem dey pay well o! stolen money sha.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by BabaO2: 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2012
Good one GEJ, you may most likely have my vote again come 2015.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 29, 2012
Okay,two things are involved,its either he wants to take charge cos he is eager for result OR he wants to put things barth nnaji misdeeds in order for a genuine bidding process.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by ifeci: 3:16pm On Aug 29, 2012
Baba_O: Good one GEJ, you may most likely have my vote again come 2015.

Na so dem dey quick deceive una easily
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by Mandelaguy(m): 3:16pm On Aug 29, 2012
GEJ will not disappoint us,he is set to make a change and he will.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by mmmustapha(m): 3:18pm On Aug 29, 2012
Jonah boy make a ryt move,I think diezani n Ngozi hav 2 b sack,I dnt trust diezani @ all she's a T n W grin
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by Chanchit: 3:21pm On Aug 29, 2012
uprigt_d: HOW DOES THIS AFFECT THE PRICE OF GAAAARRR****?

*RUNS..OUT..OF..THREAD*
Ashiaraba...! So electricity is none of your biz'? As u run out of this thread, jst keep running till u reach maiduguri..

I think GEJ stepping into dt position is a very good idea, that way, the privatization will be transparent.. That is if Dame no get electricity company, cos this people seem to have company for everything..
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by Biggyd2: 3:22pm On Aug 29, 2012
ifeci:

maybe the guy wan try recruit you, I hear say dem dey pay well o! stolen money sha.

I no fit do Abati kin work o. grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by Rhapsody1(f): 3:22pm On Aug 29, 2012
ganye1:
It is unfortunate that Nigerians expectation of their leaders has fallen so low that they view an achievement in a single sector as satisfactory.
I think a better way to say the above is 'marginal improvement' not achievement in a single sector. It will be termed achievement when we have power 24/7 365 days with <2% outages. What some areas are enjoying now is improvement on what used to be. But I have said before that the psyche of an average Nigerian is so battered that even 10hrs power per day as opposed to maybe 2hrs is considered a privilege, not a right.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by danjohn: 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2012
Hmmmmm as an avid GEJ critic, it pains me to say this. But I will say it nonetheless. I applaud the President for this decision. It was long overdue. Our two biggest problems right now are electricity and security. Once these two things are fixed, foreign capital will flood Nigeria’s economy and make us a middle income nation. Our economy will become more diversified and the government will earn more tax revenue that can be invested in infrastructure projects. Education will have to improve to meet the demand for skilled labor. The list goes on and on.

Mr. President, we your critics do not hate you; we only love Nigeria; and we want Nigeria to succeed. If you can make Nigeria succeed, Mr. President, we will sing your praises and tell wonderful tales to our children and grandchildren about the era of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by Isusman: 3:26pm On Aug 29, 2012
this is one of the best decision GEJ ever made, watchout for the result. Long live GEJ, Long Live Nigeria, Long live me.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by mrperfect(m): 3:27pm On Aug 29, 2012
We hope things get better.
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by doctokwus: 3:28pm On Aug 29, 2012
This guy likes copying Obasanjo's all d time:Okonjo Iweala,Okupe,now he wants to adopt his petroleum ministry model:take over d ministry& decimate ur largesse as u deem fit bc everyone now realises dat d way d privatisation programme is going,d power sector wud b d next goldmine in a country as corrupt as nigeria
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by elRoi: 3:28pm On Aug 29, 2012
thumbs dee Jona...Naija dey your back!!!
e go even better make you head all the ministries yourself so that you won't have to blame anyone for sabotage
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by Faheedat: 3:29pm On Aug 29, 2012
GEJ,
Good step in the right direction but more revelations soon with respect to the pension fundE
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: GEJ Takes Over Power Ministry by IjeomaObasi: 3:30pm On Aug 29, 2012
Rhapsody!:

I think a better way to say the above is 'marginal improvement' not achievement in a single sector. It will be termed achievement when we have power 24/7 365 days with <2% outages. What some areas are enjoying now is improvement on what used to be. But I have said before that the psyche of an average Nigerian is so battered that even 10hrs power per day as opposed to maybe 2hrs is considered a privilege, not a right.
We need to stop reasoning from the anus.the power supply we get now is better than what we have been getting from previous administrations.is it that we despise good things?.if this move is a positive one,I say increase speed and fire on GEJ !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Enugu Government Rejects Grazing Reserves Bill / Oshiomhole Signs Amodu Shuaibu Condolence Register / Fayose On His Knees As Michael Akinwale, Methodist Bishop Prays For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.