Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,091 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:59 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (763216 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 10:26am On Jul 29, 2014
badenugba:

Have you done a skill assessment?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by badenugba: 10:40am On Jul 29, 2014
aolatunde00: yes u can lodge your application with an application on the csol.you do not need your bank account to lodge an eoi.
Thanks so much
I know I don't need my statement of account to lodge an EOI, what am asking is that
When the state I picked asked me to apply for nomination and show my supporting documents, willy bank statement of account part of that?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by badenugba: 10:42am On Jul 29, 2014
bellong:

Have you done a skill assessment?
Not yet, just got to know about this whole skillselect thing
Trying to get all my facts right, but I will do that soon.
Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aolatunde00: 11:39am On Jul 29, 2014
badenugba:
Thanks so much
I know I don't need my statement of account to lodge an EOI, what am asking is that
When the state I picked asked me to apply for nomination and show my supporting documents, willy bank statement of account part of that?

over to bosslady
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 29, 2014
badenugba:
Thanks so much

You can't just assess for any occupation on the CSOL, or else you will just waste your money and time. You have to ensure that not only is the occupation on the CSOL, but that there is also a state sponsoring it. You can check anzscosearch.com, type in your occupation code...it will bring up the states that have it on their list, and their status (whether open, limited or closed). Time is of the essence though, as the different states occupation list change.

Some states require you to show bank statements, while some states dont. When you find a state that is offering your occupation, check the eligibility requirements to confirm if they need and the amount they need.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 11:55am On Jul 29, 2014
aolatunde00:

great!pls what was your first degree in and what occupation were you accessed for?

My first degree is Accounting and was assessed as External Auditor
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aolatunde00: 12:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
bossladyMo:

You can't just assess for any occupation on the CSOL, or else you will just waste your money and time. You have to ensure that not only is the occupation on the CSOL, but that there is also a state sponsoring it. You can check anzscosearch.com, type in your occupation code...it will bring up the states that have it on their list, and their status (whether open, limited or closed). Time is of the essence though, as the different states occupation list change.

Some states require you to show bank statements, while some states dont. When you find a state that is offering your occupation, check the eligibility requirements to confirm if they need and the amount they need.

My God!ure really versed in this matter o
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aolatunde00: 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
prechear:

My first degree is Accounting and was assessed as External Auditor

for supporting documentation,i believe its

employment evidence
transcripts(cerified copies)
ielts results
certificate(will a to whom it may concern suffice or it has to be the certificate itself?)
and a detailed syllabus(how much detailed are we looking at?).

Besides all these stated above,are there any other documents you think we can include that might strengthen our case(no professional qualifications available)
Thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
aolatunde00:

My God!ure really versed in this matter o

Wetin woman go do na! After convincing my husband to dedicate approximately 1.5m to the whole process, the least I could do is know exactly what we are getting into in and out.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by juliana13139: 1:48pm On Jul 29, 2014
bossladyMo:

Wetin woman go do na! After convincing my husband to dedicate approximately 1.5m to the whole process, the least I could do is know exactly what we are getting into in and out.
@bossladymo i like your spirit...no time to waste....thanks for your time on this thread...God bless you!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
juliana13139: @bossladymo i like your spirit...no time to waste....thanks for your time on this thread...God bless you!

Amen my sister...God bless you too!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 2:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
aolatunde00:

for supporting documentation,i believe its

employment evidence
transcripts(cerified copies)
ielts results
certificate(will a to whom it may concern suffice or it has to be the certificate itself?)
and a detailed syllabus(how much detailed are we looking at?).

Besides all these stated above,are there any other documents you think we can include that might strengthen our case(no professional qualifications available)
Thanks
1. Copy of IELTS test result form-certified
2. Employment Evidence
3.Certified copies of ALL education qualification including transcript and certificates
4. Copies of certified copies of ur academic Syllabus. Only the areas relevant to u. That is 100-400 level. Photocopy the cover page, content page, Forward page and relevant pages relating to ur study
5. Application fee

NB
It seems CPA are quite strict in their assessment. Since u said u guys don't have a professional or a Masters, u may want to use ICAA for ur assessment. because they equated my B.sc to Aussie Diploma. I attended a State university though. I don't know if it will be different with a federal university
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ugochux(m): 3:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
I'm yet to hear from the house..
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aolatunde00: 4:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
prechear:
1. Copy of IELTS test result form-certified
2. Employment Evidence
3.Certified copies of ALL education qualification including transcript and certificates
4. Copies of certified copies of ur academic Syllabus. Only the areas relevant to u. That is 100-400 level. Photocopy the cover page, content page, Forward page and relevant pages relating to ur study
5. Application fee

NB
It seems CPA are quite strict in their assessment. Since u said u guys don't have a professional or a Masters, u may want to use ICAA for ur assessment. because they equated my B.sc to Aussie Diploma. I attended a State university though. I don't know if it will be different with a federal university

So if I get you right,u still got +assessment even though your degree was equated with an Aussie diploma?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 4:48pm On Jul 29, 2014
aolatunde00:

So if I get you right,u still got +assessment even though your degree was equated with an Aussie diploma?

No. I backed it up with a prof. qualification else it would have been -tive according to the WORDING of the assessment result.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aolatunde00: 5:27pm On Jul 29, 2014
prechear:

No. I backed it up with a prof. qualification else it would have been -tive according to the WORDING of the assessment result.

Kk.thanks.what prof qualification was yours?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 29, 2014
Ugochux: @bossladyMo
Ma'am, good day..I'm new here..I have bn able to convince my sponsor bout my trip to Aussie to study Radiography..I wil b done with my nysc by mid-next year..I have a school in mind and I knw dia average tuition even though tuition chngs almost annually..my sponsor wnts to have an idea of how much it wil cost to make d trip..startn frm getn visa till my arrival at melbourne..do u have an idea??just a rough estimate..thanks..( Any other person can contribute too)

Someone should pls answer this...

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 6:02pm On Jul 29, 2014
aolatunde00:

Kk.thanks.what prof qualification was yours?

ICAN
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by aolatunde00: 6:05pm On Jul 29, 2014
bossladyMo:

I don't have an idea on this o

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 7:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
Ugochux: I'm yet to hear from the house..

bossladyMo: Someone should pls answer this...

Since no one has responded yet, let me give it a shot as I am still a learner:

1. Application fees (usually free for most schools) and maybe about 3,000 Naira for documents certification (depending on the number of documents).
2. Tuition (available on your proposed school's website)
3. Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) - AUD $ 1, 412 (approximate cost for 30months). Your Uni will advise (usually stated on admission offer letters) on the exact amount to pay. It will definitely be more that this if you plan go to with your wife and kids.

Depending on your institution, you may only be asked to pay half of your annual tuition AND the complete payment for your OSHC before your confirmation of enrolment (CoE) letter can be issued. You'll need this letter during visa application.

4. Estimated living expenses - AUD $18, 610 per year (according to Australia Immigration Department). You would only declare that you can afford this amount. You do not need to submit any proof of funds under the streamlined visa processing (SVP) category.

5. Travel ticket to Melbourne - USD $ 1, 600 approximately depending on when you buy the ticket.
6. Visa application fee - AUD $535
7. VFS (application center) charges - 25, 000 Naira ?? (someone else should please confirm if this is correct, thanks).
8. Medicals (including X-ray) - Around 50,000 Naira ?? (someone else should please confirm if this is correct, thanks).

Edited: VFS (application center) charges is 28,850 Naira as listed on their website.

Cheers and best of wishes.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by equlibrium(m): 9:30pm On Jul 29, 2014
FutureDon:

1. Application fees (usually free for most schools) and maybe about 3,000 Naira for documents certification (depending on the number of documents).
3. Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) - AUD $ 1, 412 (approximate cost for 30months). Your Uni will advise (usually stated on admission offer letters) on the exact amount to pay. It will definitely be more that this if you plan go to with your wife and kids.

Depending on your institution, you may only be asked to pay half of your annual tuition AND the complete payment for your OSHC before your confirmation of enrolment (CoE) letter can be issued. You'll need this letter during visa application.

4. Estimated living expenses - AUD $18, 610 per year (according to Australia Immigration Department). You would only declare that you can afford this amount. You do not need to submit any proof of funds under the streamlined visa processing (SVP) category.

5. Travel ticket to Melbourne - USD $ 1, 600 approximately depending on when you buy the ticket.
7. VFS (application center) charges - 25, 000 Naira ?? (someone else should please confirm if this is correct, thanks).
8. Medicals (including X-ray) - Around 50,000 Naira ?? (someone else should please confirm if this is correct, thanks).

bros calm dwn oh.
dem dey buy ticket b4 dem issue u fisa?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 9:42pm On Jul 29, 2014
equlibrium: bros calm dwn oh.
dem dey buy ticket b4 dem issue u fisa?

Hehehe, you fit buy am if your faith carry am nah grin

On a more serious note, the OP actually requested for an estimate from visa application stage up until his arrival in Melbourne. I admit I didn't arrange it chronologically.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by elbyno: 1:22am On Jul 30, 2014
Hello house,I have been following this thread and it has been really helpful.God bless everyone contributing on here. Its just so pathetic that our govt has made us all wanna comot this country for greener pastures with the bad economy. I have read and heard good stuffs about australia.I just need a few answers to my following questions and God bless those who respond to my answers cos knowledge is key.I want to apply for a TAFE program(which must be at least 2years).Tho I have bsc economics from school,but due to the high cost of graduate programs in aussie,I feel TAFe would be wise,tho with d long term plan of getting an M.sc. (1)Can I apply for a streamline visa processing SVP for both TAFE and postgrad program?or just (2)TAFE alone for normal voactional visa? (3)I went through some TAFE schools for diploma in business and mgt course but most duration is less than 18months.Cam I apply for other programs such as building construction ,fashion designin etc which can go for at least 2years? (3)For those that know about TAFE very well,should I apply for Advanced diploma that start from Certificate 4 courses up to Advanced dip n take up to 2years? (4)Is it compulsory to have IELTS or can one substitute his WAEC english for it or if I have submit my Degress transcripts,can they make use of use of english that is passed in uni.The latter question was because a friend of mine got admitted to an aussie uni this year n made use of his result of use of english he had in uni. I will be waiting for ur kind response.God bless y"all
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ugochux(m): 4:51am On Jul 30, 2014
bossladyMo:

Thanks ma'am for your assistance..I'm very grateful.. God bless you.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ugochux(m): 4:53am On Jul 30, 2014
FutureDon:

I'm very grateful sire!..are you in melbourne? Once again, thanks a lot and God bless...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by FutureDon(m): 7:51am On Jul 30, 2014
Ugochux: I'm very grateful sire!..are you in melbourne? Once again, thanks a lot and God bless...

No worries bro. No, I don't live in Melbourne.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Ugochux(m): 12:14pm On Jul 30, 2014
Good day house.. I have a question. Here in nigeria, first year tuition fee is usually higher compared to other years..as you advance, the fees reduce..is it the same over there in Oz??
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by charles316: 3:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
bossladyMo:

1.5m? does this cover the amount to be spent after migrating to australia. I need to know what I m getting into. grin grin
btw,how much did u get your assessment body charge you for assessing your certificate?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 30, 2014
charles316:

1.5m? does this cover the amount to be spent after migrating to australia. I need to know what I m getting into. grin grin
btw,how much did u get your assessment body charge you for assessing your certificate?

Visa fees (for family) - 980, 000
Medicals (for family) - 120,000 to 150,000
Passports - 80,000
Assessment - 110,000
Transcript and courier - 15,000
IELTS - 35,000
Other documents (PCC, BC etc) - 25,000

Total - NGN1, 365, 000 to NGN1, 395, 000

APP...1.5M

Assessment body charged AUD675 (courier result included).

No it does not cover your personal expenses

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by steveibk: 6:56pm On Jul 30, 2014
Hi everyone, really appreciate everyone here for their contributions and all, pls need to ask, I av a Bsc(education) in economics education, finished from UNN with 2.1, wish to apply for the skill select, secondary school teacher to be specific, how do I start processing and wish to knw the differences and chances of the different immigration pathways...detailed analysis will be so appreciated
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mrnilobrawn: 8:27am On Jul 31, 2014
Hello all..
Please I ur advices.
I currently have HND in Chemical Engr. I hv been accepted for admission at tafe sa for certificate III in mining (1 semester) and diploma in applied geoscience (3 semesters). Would the embassy see this as going for a lower qualification by refusing visa?

I have also been admited in canada for masters in chemical Engr.

Both are approx same cost but different qualifications.

I dont know which to go for expecial interms of visa processing, easy to get a job, wOrking while studying, PR, settlement etc.

Please your contributions will b highly appreciated.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by badenugba: 8:29am On Jul 31, 2014
DIBP to start accepting TOEFL for skilled immigration as from Nov 2014,
How true is this news?

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.