Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,386 members, 7,861,060 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:47 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (763206 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 02, 2014
Cypha8:
Chaiiiiii.... BC dia iz GOD oh.
Better luck next time smiley

@Cypha8,
You applied for NT SS, may I ask why??
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 3:18am On Aug 02, 2014
UBKtech:

@Cypha8,
You applied for NT SS, may I ask why??

Yessir. My nominated occupation is 312111. I don't have 3 years work experience. NT is my only way in smiley
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:26am On Aug 02, 2014
nattybanta: In a sad mood. British Council just killed me. IELTS - L-9 R-5.5 W-7 S-7.5 arrrrrggggghhhhhh

Omgsh!!! I would be livid too, if it were me. Normally, it'swriting that drops people...not reading. I think it's just best to register for 2 exam dates in a row. That way, you don't have to wait 6weeks or more, for the next exam date. Pele.

Just try again. Be careful when answering. If the question requires one word answer from the comprehension, 2 words or paraphrasing will equal a wrong answer...even if it appears logically correct. Tis' well!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by johnsontade: 4:56am On Aug 02, 2014
gogochocolate: Just got a positive acknowledgement from engineers australia. Any engineer can ask me question and I will try and answer. Thank you to senior members of the forum for answering questions.

Congrats bro. I'm a Civil Engineer and initially wanted to go through Engineers Australia for my assessment before trying the lazy shorter route of Vetassess(all because of the CDR report wahala) but got a negative outcome because i tried assessing as a Civil Engineering Technician using only my OND result. I never should have tried the technician route cos i won't be able to claim i'm an engineer even after getting to Aussie successfully till i reassess myself through Engineer Australia using my University degree which means i can't escape going through them. I have my Ielts already and i'm preparing to apply for my EA assessment...would really need you to guide me through in writing my CDR as well as other necessary documents i'm required to submit. Sent you a PM. Regards
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:40am On Aug 02, 2014
Difference between Indians and Nigerians!...#SMH
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by ironbender101(m): 6:02am On Aug 02, 2014
Please is this Ebola outbreak going to affect our traveling to OZ in any way?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by prechear(m): 7:51am On Aug 02, 2014
ironbender101: Please is this Ebola outbreak going to affect our traveling to OZ in any way?

Valid question. Can we discuss this? Any word from DBIP or any OZ agency in relation to Ebola outbreak in W.Africa and how its gonna affect air travel to OZ?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 10:37am On Aug 02, 2014
johnsontade:

Congrats bro. I'm a Civil Engineer and initially wanted to go through Engineers Australia for my assessment before trying the lazy shorter route of Vetassess(all because of the CDR report wahala) but got a negative outcome because i tried assessing as a Civil Engineering Technician using only my OND result. I never should have tried the technician route cos i won't be able to claim i'm an engineer even after getting to Aussie successfully till i reassess myself through Engineer Australia using my University degree which means i can't escape going through them. I have my Ielts already and i'm preparing to apply for my EA assessment...would really need you to guide me through in writing my CDR as well as other necessary documents i'm required to submit. Sent you a PM. Regards

I applied for engineering manager assessment. My area of specailization is telecoms. The documents you need to submit are in the skills assessment booklet but they include certified copies of credentials and certification. I used a court certified document in my case. In writing the cdr I would suggest you follow the instruction as specified in engineer australia as they contain instruction on how to format your writing. Use technical terms and try to explain them. It may not neccesarily be a civil engineer that would assess yours. Mine was assessed by a mechanical engineer and I presented the documents in such a way that he could understand. I can send you sample cdr to guide you but it may not be of much help. Please make sure you writing is original . Any attempt to copy and paste is regarded as plagrism

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 10:51am On Aug 02, 2014
In addition if you have done large civil engineering make sure you use work planning documents to guide you in your writing. You should make sure you communicate to the assessor your project objectives, step by step methodology of how u implemented solution and innovative solutions you used. Reading PMP book Would help you answer questions on how you worked with other team mates. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 11:00am On Aug 02, 2014
In addition if you have done large civil engineering project make sure you use work planning documents to guide you in your writing. You should make sure you communicate to the assessor your project objectives, step by step methodology of how u implemented solution and innovative solutions you used. Reading PMP book Would help you answer questions on how you worked with other team mates. I hope this helps.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by johnsontade: 11:54am On Aug 02, 2014
gogochocolate: In addition if you have done large civil engineering project make sure you use work planning documents to guide you in your writing. You should make sure you communicate to the assessor your project objectives, step by step methodology of how u implemented solution and innovative solutions you used. Reading PMP book Would help you answer questions on how you worked with other team mates. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the detailed explanation...i would need the cdr sample and i'm very much aware of their strictness against plagiarism. You can send it to me via email. The only issue I have is that I don't have much years of work experience but i've been involved is a semi-large project.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by badenugba: 2:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
Can someone please tell me what DDR is?, Coz I have HND and I won't to assess my credentials with Engineers Australia for Mechanical Engineering Draftsperson.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hi,I have been going through this thread and I have seen some things which are really confusing wish someone can explain to me in details about australia student visa application.
'M seeing stuff like assesment,*vetgass*(not sure about my spelling),skill assessment etc.
I want to apply for msc on human resource management and industrial relation at victoria university melbourne.i want to find out if every discipline has to go through this skill assesment.
Do they have internships because I don't have an experience working.
Their student visa requirement been checking but its confusing.
Will be grateful if someone can break it down.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 02, 2014
The skill assessment you have been seeing, is for those applying for permanent residency, via the skilled migrant program route. It has nothing to do with student visas and student visa application.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 02, 2014
bossladyMo: The skill assessment you have been seeing, is for those applying for permanent residency, via the skilled migrant program route. It has nothing to do with student visas and student visa application.

Thank you my heart was almost divided.I thought it will be stressful applying.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:38am On Aug 03, 2014
Cypha8:

Yessir. My nominated occupation is 312111. I don't have 3 years work experience. NT is my only way in smiley

Do the needful if NT is the only option you have. I was kind of surprised cos NT could be considered as the Sambisa forest of Aussie grin grin, without BH boys of course tongue, close to 4hrs by flight to the closest city Adelaide. It is like living in Alaska in the US, a number of people I know live outside their sponsoring state anyway wink
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 03, 2014
UBKtech:

Do the needful if NT is the only option you have. I was kind of surprised cos NT could be considered as the Sambisa forest of Aussie grin grin, without BH boys of course tongue, close to 4hrs by flight to the closest city Adelaide. It is like living in Alaska in the US, a number of people I know live outside their sponsoring state anyway wink

Hehehe...sambisa forest...but an expensive sambisa forest lol. Wetin you go come call Tasmania hehe. It is reported though, that Darwin has the second lowest unemployment rate...just behind Sydney.

Yea, I heard it's just a moral obligation, and not a legally binding one...the clause does not even appear on the grant letter. But people jist fear that it might adversely affect them when they want to apply for RRV or go for citizenship. States like SA release you sha, if you don't get a job.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 03, 2014
bossladyMo:
Hehehe...sambisa forest...but an expensive sambisa forest lol. Wetin you go come call Tasmania hehe. It is reported though, that Darwin has the second lowest unemployment rate...just behind Sydney

grin grin I think Tasmania is by far ahead of NT. The whole population of NT is 234k in an area 1.5X bigger than Nigeria, while Tassy is 512K. The issue of unemployment rate has to do with the number of people living there.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 03, 2014
UBKtech:

grin grin I think Tasmania is by far ahead of NT. The whole population of NT is 234k in an area 1.5X bigger than Nigeria, while Tassy is 512K. The issue of unemployment rate has to do with the number of people living there.

Wow! 234, 000 in my local govt sef is scanty, talkless of in a place 1 1/2 times Nigeria's size. Australia is big sha!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2014
UBKtech:

UBKtech:

bossladyMo:
Wow! 234, 000 in my local govt sef is scanty, talkless of in a place 1 1/2 times Nigeria's size. Australia is big sha!

Look at these ppl making fun of my home to-be grin if acatchu ehn tongue
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by nrdgeek: 3:01pm On Aug 03, 2014
I got admitted to UNSW Masters Law, duration: 1 year. What are my chances of getting PR after studies?

By the way, has anyone here been assessed as a Barrister or Solicitor for the 189? I would please really want to know what processes are involved. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 03, 2014
Cypha8:

Look at these ppl making fun of my home to-be grin if acatchu ehn tongue

Hahaha!
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by gogochocolate: 7:04pm On Aug 03, 2014
johnsontade:

Thanks for the detailed explanation...i would need the cdr sample and i'm very much aware of their strictness against plagiarism. You can send it to me via email. The only issue I have is that I don't have much years of work experience but i've been involved is a semi-large project.

I have sent you sample cdrs. I hope you find it useful
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by badenugba: 7:20pm On Aug 03, 2014
gogochocolate:

Kindly send me the cdr too
Abiodun.adenugba@yahoo.com
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by johnsontade: 8:44pm On Aug 03, 2014
gogochocolate:

Got it. Thanks bro
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by charles316: 12:08pm On Aug 04, 2014
hi guys,

I would like if you guys could help me with some info. Is it possible for a person to apply under various visa types(say visa 190,visa 189,visa).I would like the visa 190. How easy or difficult is it for people from Africa to be nominated by an Australian state? How do I go about the processes of being nominated?

too many questions from me. Abeg make una help me
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by bellong: 12:12pm On Aug 04, 2014
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 04, 2014
charles316: hi guys,

I would like if you guys could help me with some info. Is it possible for a person to apply under various visa types(say visa 190,visa 189,visa).I would like the visa 190. How easy or difficult is it for people from Africa to be nominated by an Australian state? How do I go about the processes of being nominated?

too many questions from me. Abeg make una help me

Ubktech or Nwokenna got WA sponsorship. They don't practice racial discrimination. If you qualify and meet the requirements, they will nominate you.

Which state are you thinking?

To go about the process, read the application procefure and eligibility requirement on your chosen state's website.

Yes, you can apply for both at the same time. Your EOI locks once any of them comes through.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by charles316: 3:16pm On Aug 04, 2014
bossladyMo:

Ubktech or Nwokenna got WA sponsorship. They don't practice racial discrimination. If you qualify and meet the requirements, they will nominate you.

Which state are you thinking?

To go about the process, read the application procedure and eligibility requirement on your chosen state's website.

Yes, you can apply for both at the same time. Your EOI locks once any of them comes through.

Thanks bossladymo. You ve been of great help since i found this thread. God bless you. I m still going through their website,I hope I can ask more questions on issues i don't understand?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
charles316:

Thanks bossladymo. You ve been of great help since i found this thread. God bless you. I m still going through their website,I hope I can ask more questions on issues i don't understand?

No pee. But digest that link Bellong gave you as well. There is a booklet you can download...it contains ALL you need to know about points claiming and the entire process....it's the PR bible and available on the immi website.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 4:38am On Aug 05, 2014
Guys please help me clarify this, how long does a skilled nominated visa holder have to move permanently to Oz? Are there any clear restrictions?

Thanks...

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.